Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2020, 16:41   #2836
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I have a question to ask of the Jazz CVT owners, how well can it tackle the hills? What about S mode with paddle shifters? I have an affinity for the hills and absolutely love driving in them. I currently own a Baleno MT and that's more than sufficient for me, how does the Jazz CVT fare? I wasn't worried about the complaints of low end torque since I'm a sedate driver, but this has me in doubt.
RoadMonkey is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 12:27   #2837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hello ! Hope you guys are doing well.
I'm a proud owner of a 10 month old Jazz VX CVT. I have been facing this problem on the ICE. I'm extremely confused as to what the reason for this is.
There are random marks on the screen. Have been told various reasons for this.
1)Moisture which will go away eventually ( not to worry). Its not going!
2) Use hair dryer to remove.
3) Remove the top screen layer. (Had removed the initial screen guard on first day itself. Tried and could not removed anything more.
4) Even this -Its extremely dangerous for the electronics. The unit is defective and must be replaced.

Whereas, I'm thankful to the folks for whatever feedback I have got.
It has really confused me to the actual reason.I'm hoping to get some answers here.

During last service when I asked the SA, was asked to take a video of same and send it which hasn't yielded any results.

Attaching pictures for reference. The last pic is from yesterday. This happens every single day.
Hi. I had the same problem with my vx CVT. Although it was a smaller patch. What I did was pull the centre vents all the down and aimed the air flow at the patch (in your case in the centre). Then increased the temp to the maximum and let it run for a few minutes. You should see the patch dissipating slowly. I dont remember if the ac was on or off. Basically he hot air from the blower should do the trick. Try it and let me know. Honda should replace this for you though because its obviously a defect.
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 17:37   #2838
BHPian

Quote:
Hii thanks for this. This happens every single day and Im ready to try anything to get rid of it.
FYI blower position is always as mentioned , towards driver and upward.
Cant seem to believe that's the problem.
Hi Vinit, since you own the CVT version, I would like to know how it fares in the hills, if you have driven.
Thanks in advance.
Old 8th September 2020, 14:07   #2839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
I have a question to ask of the Jazz CVT owners, how well can it tackle the hills? What about S mode with paddle shifters? I have an affinity for the hills and absolutely love driving in them. I currently own a Baleno MT and that's more than sufficient for me, how does the Jazz CVT fare? I wasn't worried about the complaints of low end torque since I'm a sedate driver, but this has me in doubt.
I have the CVT version and have taken it a few times to hill stations. The low end torque cannot be denied when compared to some of its rivals but I have learnt to easily adapt my driving to it and it really hasnt been an issue in the long run for me. I find it perfectly fine for driving in the hills. Sometimes I use the paddle shifters to have some fun, if it is just me in the car and I have some twisties and winding roads. If I am not driving alone, I do not push it too hard in similar conditions.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 20:43   #2840
BHPian

Hi guys. I have a 2019 Honda Jazz and I'm about to get a fast tag. Do you think I could place it on the side of the windscreen instead of the recommended placement in the middle? Just dont like a sticker right on the front. My OCD will drive me crazy any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Sorry to deviate from the main topic.
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 22:35   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post
Hi guys. I have a 2019 Honda Jazz and I'm about to get a fast tag. Do you think I could place it on the side of the windscreen instead of the recommended placement in the middle? Just dont like a sticker right on the front. My OCD will drive me crazy any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Sorry to deviate from the main topic.
Well I have it in a way that my IRVM hides it from my view. I almost never notice it when I drive. Maybe you could try a position that works the same way
Old 9th September 2020, 10:11   #2842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
Well I have it in a way that my IRVM hides it from my view. I almost never notice it when I drive. Maybe you could try a position that works the same way
Thanks! the shaded bit behind the irvm on the jazz is pretty big so if I had to put it there will it still be read?
Old 9th September 2020, 12:22   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! the shaded bit behind the irvm on the jazz is pretty big so if I had to put it there will it still be read?
YEs. That is where I have it
Old 14th September 2020, 19:56   #2844
BHPian

Hello all, I am a happy owner of Honda Jazz from the past 4 years. It has been a trouble free ride till now. Now the itch to change the car is haunting me, so considering the current scenario I am planning to get a Mugen body kit installed along with some performance mods rather than investing in a new car. Was searching online for these body kits & apart from Aliexpress, I dont see them anywhere. Would be really helpful if fellow BHPians can guide me with people who does it here in India. I am based out of Hyderabad, so any local players would be really helpful too.

Thanks in Advance & happy Revving!!!!!

Venki
Old 14th September 2020, 20:35   #2845
BANNED

Quote:
Hi guys. I have a 2019 Honda Jazz and I'm about to get a fast tag.
Just curious - you ought to have shown one to the MVD at the time of registration. It is compulsory for past 2- 3 years.
You may try using cello tape before using adhesive on the tag itself. Go through the FASTag thread for details.
Old 14th September 2020, 20:49   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
I am planning to get a Mugen body kit installed along with some performance mods rather than investing in a new car.

Venki
Just make sure these kits do not affect the ground clearance by much especially the side skirtings. The center portion of the side skirts will always hit on huge speedbreakers and potholes due to the long wheelbase of Jazz
Old 4th October 2020, 10:59   #2847
BHPian

What is the yearly scheduled maintenance cost for jazz petrol considering 6 months service interval? Isn't oil change every 6 months excessive? Considering a car with an annual running of 14k km, is it okay to service it every 10k km after the warranty period?
Old 4th October 2020, 13:11   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Now the itch to change the car is haunting me, so considering the current scenario I am planning to get a Mugen body kit installed along with some performance mods rather than investing in a new car. Was searching online for these body kits & apart from Aliexpress, I dont see them anywhere.
A quick google search yielded this - https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail...318177597.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
What is the yearly scheduled maintenance cost for jazz petrol considering 6 months service interval? Isn't oil change every 6 months excessive? Considering a car with an annual running of 14k km, is it okay to service it every 10k km after the warranty period?
You can calculate the fixed service costs for your vehicle on this website - https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...tofmaintenance

For the Jazz, Honda recommends an oil change every 6 months/10,000kms assuming a yearly running of 20,000kms.

The frequency of your oil change is completely dependent on your usage pattern & the type of oil you use. If your 14,000kms annual running is in the city, it’s advisable to change it every 4-5 months (every 5,000-7,000 kms) to extend the longevity of your engine.

For your specific case, you will have to change the oil every 8 months anyway as it will have clocked 10,000kms. So changing it every 6 months isn’t that much of a stretch, in my opinion, as you will be the one who reaps the long term benefits when your engine still performs flawlessly when you cross 150,000 - 200,000kms in the long run.

Oil is cheap, engines cost a fortune. Don’t be penny wise & pound foolish when it comes to your engine’s health.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 4th October 2020 at 13:15.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 02:25   #2849
BHPian

Quote:
Hello ! Hope you guys are doing well.
I'm a proud owner of a 10 month old Jazz VX CVT. I have been facing this problem on the ICE. I'm extremely confused as to what the reason for this is.
There are random marks on the screen. Have been told various reasons for this.
1)Moisture which will go away eventually ( not to worry). Its not going!
Just use a normal insulation tape and seal the top portion of the system. You will have to remove the frame. I had the same issue on my pioneer system and this small trick fixed the issue . Red highlighted portion is the insulation tape
Attached Images

rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 20:45   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. I had the same problem with my vx CVT. Although it was a smaller patch. What I did was pull the centre vents all the down and aimed the air flow at the patch (in your case in the centre). Then increased the temp to the maximum and let it run for a few minutes. You should see the patch dissipating slowly. I dont remember if the ac was on or off. Basically he hot air from the blower should do the trick. Try it and let me know. Honda should replace this for you though because its obviously a defect.
Hii thanks for this will give it a try. The crazy think is unit has to be taken out and sent to Nippon for replacement. No replacement repairs at the service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi Vinit, since you own the CVT version, I would like to know how it fares in the hills, if you have driven.
Thanks in advance.
Hi its been almost a year and other than Mumbai - Lonavala she's only driven in the city. Having said that, have read enough posts to believe, she handles just fine in the hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Just use a normal insulation tape and seal the top portion of the system. You will have to remove the frame. I had the same issue on my pioneer system and this small trick fixed the issue . Red highlighted portion is the insulation tape

Thanks for this . Will give it a try. Idea here being this way the possibility of moisture entering into the system is eliminated.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks