Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2021, 12:46   #2971
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

[quote=rahulskumar;5141203]I upgraded the headlights with the LED ones available in the latest top end Jazz. Enjoying the new white light during night rides. I still have to experience riding during the rains, I'm hopeful that it will still be great.

Looks great! Is there also a way to have these on when the car starts as opposed to have them linked to the parking lights? Would like to use them as actial DRL's during the day also.
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 14:12   #2972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post

Looks great! Is there also a way to have these on when the car starts as opposed to have them linked to the parking lights? Would like to use them as actial DRL's during the day also.
Yes they have provided a cable for DRL with fuse that goes to 15Amp socket. I have not used it and I just connected them to the parking light socket.

Last edited by rahulskumar : 5th September 2021 at 14:14.
Old 5th September 2021, 18:01   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Yes they have provided a cable for DRL with fuse that goes to 15Amp socket. I have not used it and I just connected them to the parking light socket.
Great. Thanks for the info. I'm seriously going to consider this for my Jazz. Could you share where you got the part from? In Hyderabad?
Old 11th September 2021, 20:29   #2974
BHPian

Hi,

Is there a list of standard items provided by Honda with the Jazz? For example, some car manufacturers offer extra bulbs, 2 or 3 liters of fuel, extra fuses, carpet/ fabric mats etc without any extra charges.

Reason I am asking is, I had booked Jazz CVT and went to see the car. I found the sales guy trying to act smart in his dealing. I called his bluff once and now I am doubting everything he is saying.

Last edited by dragstar : 11th September 2021 at 20:33.
Old 20th September 2021, 09:37   #2975
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Driving CVT on single lane Kerala highways is really taking a toll on me. Car has covered 55k kms now

I always drive in D mode and I rarely switch to S mode. I dont have paddles and the only option left behind is S and L. I use L mode if car is fully loaded and driving on steep roads ( like Munnar or ramps ) Usually If I've to overtake long trucks I switch to S mode on the fly and then switch back to D. I don't have to do any of these on proper national highways. Here the issue is that there is a delay in vehicle acceleration and along with that we need to anticipate how soon the opposite side traffic is approaching us and this irritates me a lot about CVT transmission. I seriously thought about selling this car many times whenever I drive from TVM to Cochin. But I forget everything as soon as I reach Chertala where proper 4 lane highway begins. She is brilliant on these 4 lane roads.I have driven many times to Hyderabad/Mumbai/Bangalore and I enjoy taking her out every time. On single lane highways, if the car is fully loaded then I dont even bother to overtake anything. But everything is sorted out while riding in S mode, only issue being higher engine noise.

Can we drive in S mode always, will it cause any damage to transmission ?
Any idea if we can keep switching from D to S on the fly as and when opportunity to overtake arises ?

The engine rpm hovers @ 2800 but this should be fine as the manual variant easily crosses 3000 @100 km/hr. I'm not concerned about the engine wear and tear. I'm using Amsoil signature now and I hope this is the best oil available in Indian market today, unless I received a duplicate

Thanks

Last edited by rahulskumar : 20th September 2021 at 09:46.
Old 3rd October 2021, 14:08   #2976
BHPian

Hi,
I got a reference of "S H Car Care, Kandivali" from a friend. I had gone to FnG as the Car is just out of extended warranty which am not getting extended and 6M service schedule is really a hassle.
Below is the price breakup given and my observations:

Cost breakup:
Part Name Cost (excluding Taxes)
Oil Flush 750.00
Engine Oil ( Switched to Synthetic) 3,200.00
Oil Filter 250.00
Windscreen Washer 60.00
Consumables 250.00

Paid Services 2,000.00
Break Overhaul 1,200.00
PUC 100.00

Total 7,810.00

Observations and Query:

1. I had asked them to switch over to Synthetic oil, they mentioned they use some German oil brand, Pemco.
2. Service as good as the vehicle was having smoother acceleration , much better break bite and more responsive accelerator.

My Queries:
1. I had asked them specifically to change CVT Oil too , they later mentioned that transmission oil doesnt warrant a change till 100k KM. I am *very apprehensive* of this statement.

My Learnings for Future:
1. I will need to get CVT Oil changed from ASS asap as the car has run 37k km, most of them in bumper to bumper traffic of Mumbai.
2. Like mentioned by RahulSKumar and HandsofSteel, next time onwards I will ask them to stick with official service schedule.

Overall experience with the CAR:
While I was in market for this car ( My first own car) I needed reliable Automatic around 10 lacs. As like most of us I really value my weekends hence had gone with Jazz as it was really reliable, smooth transmission and acres of space.
I do like reading a lot about and consider myself as armchair-auto fan but havent had the guts to buy risky but fun to drive cars like Rapid. JAZZ has served its purpose really well , no niggles in last 4 years/37k and has taken us to In an around Maharashtra effortlessly. Whenever am on highway I always use Peddle Shifters liberally without bothering about FE, while in City am the one just sticking to his lane and going with the flow.

I might be in the market in a year or two for a more premium car and keep drooling over Octavias parked in my society parking etc. Lets hope I have the faith , just enough, to take the leap when I buy.
Shanks_Jazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 12:06   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks_Jazz View Post
1. I will need to get CVT Oil changed from ASS asap as the car has run 37k km, most of them in bumper to bumper traffic of Mumbai.
2. Like mentioned by RahulSKumar and HandsofSteel, next time onwards I will ask them to stick with official service schedule.
Dont listen to them and stick to your car manual. Keep replacing CVT oil every 25k to 30k kms. Just visit any Honda service center and tell them to replace the CVT oil. Make sure you use the Honda genuine CVT oil and dont even bother to try out alternatives. They charge around 2K for oil and 300 for labour ( approx ). Regarding synthetic oil, you can try Amsoil signature ( 3.7 liter ) 5w-30 high mileage oil from online stores. I completed more than 500 kms this weekend and I was able to achieve 20kmpl plus mileage. Yeah I did avoid the peak Cochin and TVM traffic and sudden acceleration etc . Above 20 is really good for a heavy car like Jazz with 3 people . I left Cochin at 5 in the morning and reached TVM by 8:30 AM. When I was using Honda synthetic , the mileage used to be around 17.5-19. My car is bit heavier than stock due to the damping sheets etc. I use 195/60 at rear and 175/65 tire profile for the front. I think people who are sticking to the stock profile should see better mileage. My car has completed 56k today morning

This is the first time I used Amsoil and car has just completed 2k after moving from Honda Synthetic. I plan to replace Amsoil every 20k kms and change oil filter every 10k. While replacing filter some 200-300 ml of oil will be lost and we can use the remaining content from the can to maintain the oil level. I wish Amsoil introduce 0w-20 Signature series in India.

Honda recommends changing every 2 yrs / 40K kms and I change every 20k kms .

Thanks
Rahul
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-distance.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-mileage.jpg  

Last edited by rahulskumar : 4th October 2021 at 12:15.
rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 11:12   #2978
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this or not, but I was wondering could some tell me If the Honda Jazz is due for a proper next-gen model anytime soon?
I noticed this is a 2015 article and my mothers car is now 10 years old. Having missed out on the previous gen Jazz, as it went out of production just as we went car buying and she being somewhat disappointed as she had found a special place in her heart for it.
I would like to replace the Swift we ended up with a Jazz in the next year or so, wondering if we will get a proper next-gen Jazz model in this time period?

Thanks in advance : )
Old 15th October 2021, 09:06   #2979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this or not, but I was wondering could some tell me If the Honda Jazz is due for a proper next-gen model anytime soon?
I noticed this is a 2015 article and my mothers car is now 10 years old. Having missed out on the previous gen Jazz, as it went out of production just as we went car buying and she being somewhat disappointed as she had found a special place in her heart for it.
I would like to replace the Swift we ended up with a Jazz in the next year or so, wondering if we will get a proper next-gen Jazz model in this time period?

Thanks in advance : )
Looks like Honda Fit)Jazz 4th gen is being replaced by the City Hatchback in some of the Asian markets already
https://www.cartoq.com/honda-city-ha...asian-markets/

This might be rebadged as Jazz or sold as City Hatchback itself in India due to the better brand recall of the City. Would save costs for Honda also in this setup.

Last edited by venbas : 15th October 2021 at 09:18. Reason: Typos
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 22:16   #2980
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Today marked the last day of production for this generation of the Jazz in Thailand. Won't be surprised if Indian production doesn't continue for too long.

But there won't be a direct replacement - we might only get a next-gen WRV, but based on the Amaze platform.

Name:  143607363436193613559x696.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  91.1 KB

Name:  153656360936133619555x696.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  57.6 KB
Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 12:55   #2981
BHPian

I was recently driving from Bangalore to Hyderabad. At one of the diversions, there was no warning signs and there was a road hump(twin humps, two next to each other). I was driving around 90kmph and my Honda Jazz went over it and the whole car vibrated, the wipers actually wiped the screen once due to the vibration and the glove box door opened etc. After that, the car drove without any issues and drove home for around 250+kms.

I am a bit worried whether it will affect suspensions/engine mounts/wheel bushes etc in any way. Should I look out for anything, or will the car be designed to absorb that much amount of vibrations etc going over the hump? Just wanted to verify once .
Old 20th October 2021, 13:00   #2982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I am a bit worried whether it will affect suspensions/engine mounts/wheel bushes etc in any way. Should I look out for anything, or will the car be designed to absorb that much amount of vibrations etc going over the hump? Just wanted to verify once .
Just take it to the service center or local garage and ask them to do the general underbody check. It may cost just few hundred Rupees.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 17:18   #2983
BHPian

Need advice from long term jazz owners.

I am in market for a family car. My primary requirements are

1) A solid CVT transmission not Pseudo one like AMT or i AMT or XYZ.
2) No 3 pots for me please. There is no replacement for displacement.
3) Safety.
4) Peace of mind Owner ship.

Biggest hurdle of all, my budget is fixed at 10 Lakh Max.

Looking at Options, I could not find anything worthwhile except for Jazz and Toyota Yaris. Unfortunately, before i could make up my mind Yaris got discontinued leaving me with Jazz whose future too is uncertain at the moment.

I will be holding this car for at least 5-7 years. With the news of Jazz getting dis-continued and no chances of updated jazz making it to Indian market does it make sense to buy Jazz. I am particularly concerned about the long term spares availability and last thing i want is being stuck with a car with no support. It does't help that Honda's own future is uncertain which is further adding to my list of concerns.

Edit - Do existing owners think Jazz is under powered in hills.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 25th October 2021 at 17:29.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 17:30   #2984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I am particularly concerned about the long term spares availability and last thing i want is being stuck with a car with no support. It does't help that Honda's own future is uncertain which is further adding to my list of concerns.
Spares shouldn't be a problem. Even the previous gen Jazz spares are available in market.

By the way Baleno comes in a CVT avatar!
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 17:40   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Spares shouldn't be a problem. Even the previous gen Jazz spares are available in market.

By the way Baleno comes in a CVT avatar!
Thanks. The primary reason for not considering Baleno is lack of safety / Perceived safety. Moreover, Jazz is anyway a superior product compared to Baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks