Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2024, 12:15   #3286

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyrohit View Post
Hello all,

I own a Honda Jazz V CVT (Model Year 2017) which has recently crossed the 50k km milestone. I would like to share my thoughts about its ownership.
I do have same 2017 Jazz V CVT and am really glad that I went with Jazz compared to Baleno or Celerio.

For engine guard I got it from Cartrends off the market and has been holding well for last 2 years. You can maybe try once.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th May 2024 at 12:31. Reason: Trimming the quoted post for better readability
Aradhya30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 15:27   #3287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpaliwal View Post
Hi everyone,
  1. What is the average life of the CVT of the Jazz? I plan to use the car for 5 years/ 50K - can I be 99%+ sure that the CVT will not break on me (subject to regular servicing etc.). Do you personally know of Jazz CVTs with 10 years/ 1.5L with no major repair costs?
  2. I would be requesting the service history of the car - what all line items should I specifically look out for? Are there any issues specific to the 2018-2020 Jazz models?
Basic thing is CVT fluid just be changed according to schedule - 2yrs/40k kms. I guess this is done if the car has been regularly serviced at Honda. But also check the service bills for same.

Second is conduct a stall test for the CVT to see if it's going bad soon -
  1. Apply parking brake
  2. Warm up the engine until the radiator fan comes on
  3. Shift to D and Press the brake firmly. Keeping brakes pressed press the accelerator firmly for 6-8 seconds. Note the engine RPM
  4. Let the car cool down for 2 mins and repeat the same test in R, S modes as well.
The Engine RPM should be 2200RPM and with a service limit of 1950-2700RPM. The closer the engine RPM is towards 2200rpm, the healthier the transmission is. If its closer to the service limit, then it will indicate some failing components such as the transmission fluid pump, valve body etc.

Last edited by audioholic : 14th May 2024 at 15:35.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 17:14   #3288
BHPian

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a 2015/2016 Jazz V/VX I-Vtec, It will be the first car that I will buy with my own money. I test drove it and was very happy with the car overall. At what price can I expect to pick a good example? My location is Gurgaon or Lucknow.
pritanshchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 20:22   #3289

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
Hey guys, I am looking to buy a 2015/2016 Jazz V/VX I-Vtec, It will be the first car that I will buy with my own money. I test drove it and was very happy with the car overall. At what price can I expect to pick a good example? My location is Gurgaon or Lucknow.
It'll depend on the car's odo reading. A sweet spot would be cars run 40K to 80K
Apart from checking all the listings on brand's pre-owned showrooms (Maruti true Value etc.) a good idea is to get an approx quote from Cars24/ Spinny - how much are they willing to pay for the car. Use this as a reference when negotiating (although you will have to pay some premium over this - owner might prefer to sell to the platforms for the institutional trust and convenience they bring)

~4.5L-5L for a 80k - 100k run car might be reasonable in my opinion
Old 12th June 2024, 11:42   #3290
BHPian

Hello Everyone. I am currently considering a used car as I recently moved to Hyderabad. But I have concerns about the E20 transition that's happening with Petrol . I found out that all Honda cars may actually be E20 compliant since 2009 .
In that case, I feel a used Jazz may be a good value (compared to only getting used mid 2023 plus cars).
Could someone confirm that the Jazz used to be compatible with E20 fuel? Was that true of both post-2020 (BS6) and pre-2020 (BS4) versions?

Last edited by crodjer : 12th June 2024 at 11:47. Reason: Remove unsupported emoji.

Most Viewed