Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0299.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0302.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0293.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0298.jpg  

Catamaran is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 07:31   #452
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Congratulations man and wish you all lots of happy miles with the car.
She looks awesome in white..

Can you post some night pics with the tail-lights on?

Question - why did you go for the VX? Is it due to the magic seats? Normally, there have been lots of criticism about the ICE in the VX..how do you find it?
Old 25th July 2015, 08:18   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Congratulations man and wish you all lots of happy miles with the car.
She looks awesome in white..

Can you post some night pics with the tail-lights on?

Question - why did you go for the VX? Is it due to the magic seats? Normally, there have been lots of criticism about the ICE in the VX..how do you find it?
VX was always the preferred choice primary reason being the Magic Seats and the quality of seat fabric, not to mention the availability of Navigation and spoiler at a relatively small premium of 50K. The Pearl white is metallic and looks much better compared to the Tafeta white. CVT would have been the choice, however Magic seats would be sorely missed. CVT was not readily available, and this made the decision easy between V CVT and VX Manual with magic seats.

Regarding the ICE, the one in V looks certainly more jelled with the dashboard and in VX it looks OK. The blue colour matches with the main dials and therefore goes well with the overall layout of the dash. The touch screen interface is easy, the navigation is good (Map my India) and the phone interface is very user friendly. the USB wire inside the glove box although difficult to use is in a way better as you don't see the USB protruding out. it also has a DVD playback option with Remote control which may be useful for keeping the little ones quite once in a while. Overall utility wise this is much better compared to V as the bigger screen and touch makes the system very user friendly. The quality of sound I assume would be same.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0399.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0303.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0306.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0304.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0307.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0309.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0305.jpg  

Last edited by Catamaran : 25th July 2015 at 08:22.
Catamaran is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 09:01   #454
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the wonderful pics..
the car is looking fabulous. great color choice
The LED tail lights are nicely done. the spoiler is big and sporty.

I think several people complained about the ICE in VX being not so good and the touch response being poor. Great to know you find the ICE system to your liking and easy to use. Also, it was pointed out that the mic placement of the ICE in the VX being on the system rather than on the roof as in V. Did you make any calls and what was your experience like in terms of audio clarity.

Since you are one of the first owners of the AllNewJazz, it might be a good idea to start an ownership thread
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 09:27   #455
BHPian

Congrats for your new purchase. Thank you very much for the update on the infotainment system.

How was the reverse camera display?
Old 25th July 2015, 10:57   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran
Took delivery of the Petrol VX today. The colour is pearl white metallic. Had booked the diesel initially but changed to petrol after a brief test drive. :(
Congrats, Catamaran!
The car looks lovely, the pearl white is very nice.
Happy driving.

Can you please give your feedback about the low-end torque - is it just another hyped-deficiency or is it good enough for all practical purposes?
Old 25th July 2015, 11:31   #457
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to see the All new Jazz on the road in Hyderabad.
I feel like kicking Honda for not getting the superb blue color of the Jazz to India.

I went to the showroom and had a look and feel of the new Jazz.
The car looks smashing from outside and the road presence is better than any other hatchback in the country within 4m.
I personally think the exterior design is one of the strong points of the car.. it will make heads turn!

The interior definitely is not as premium as I would have liked ..it's similar to the City but nowhere as bad as some people have commented.
There are some nice touches and some not so ... overall the fit and finish is good.
I think more than the quality of the interiors, some people are not liking the design of the interiors.
Honda has gone for a different asymmetric design theme with the dashboard which some people are liking and some not.
I found the touch screen ACC cool to use...will provide a feel-good factor during night drive.

Overall, I am happy with the car though there are obviously some cost cutting measures...I will probably take a test drive later and provide further details

Last edited by adimicra : 25th July 2015 at 11:49.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 12:57   #458
BHPian

Folks -

Hyundai Motor India to hike prices of all its cars prices by up to Rs 30,000, except newly launched SUV Creta

I request all those BHPians who had unnecessarily bashed the Jazz pricing to now speak up. This is the true picture of Hyundai. Jazz had hardly scored 30% compared to the 70 odd % in the Team BHP poll. Is it time that the poll results be switched? I am sure its just a matter of time before this happens.

Source: ET
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/48212004.cms
vijjuvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 13:00   #459
BHPian

To answer some of the queries:

The mic placement in the head unit is not at all an issue. Tried the phone and the reception and quality are very good on both ends. So i do not think this is a problem. With regards to the reverse camera, the resolution is good, the camera is quite clear, however it is not adaptive and the lines do not change with the turn of the wheel. The parking sensors are really missed and we intent to add the same from Honda. With sensors you are always alerted before a collission. however with the camera, you may not look at it always.
With regards to the low end torque, Iam yet to try out the car on highway. In the city it looks adequate. I think in highways also, it should be OK with little bit of downshifting during overtakes. will clarify more on this after a couple of long drives. The car is 70 to 80 percent city and 20 to 30% highway kind of a vehicle. If you are looking more on driving pleasure you may go for the Polo GT TSI. Jazz is more of a utilitarean hatch with adequate power, Kind of jack of all trades Master of none. The honda reliability and peace of mind is guaranteed, The space on offer is great, But you may have to sacrifice on some driving pleasures. My other cars are very different (Lexus GX460 V8 and Volvo S6 T4 in Dubai and Skoda yeti here in India. Still i find the car to be very driveable. So it should well suffice for anybody driving in our narrow and crowded roads, unless he is really an enthusiast.
With regards to the quality my wife had owned a second gen Jazz 1.5 ivtech for two years in Dubai and that was a Made in Japan car. The quality certainly was upmarket with regards to the seat fabric, plastics and overall fit and finish. However the new Jazz is not all that bad as many people claims. The seat fabric quality in VX trim is almost equivalent, But cheaper in the lower trims, the plastics are OK, the wiper blades seems to cheaper, the fit and finish are not very clean and even. Other than this i do not feel much of a difference. But on a whole if you compare it is still not the same quality as the old Jazz...
Trust the above helps for some prospective buyers.
Catamaran is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 13:44   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran
To answer some of the queries:

With regards to the low end torque, Iam yet to try out the car on highway. In the city it looks adequate. I think in highways also, it should be OK with little bit of downshifting during overtakes. will clarify more on this after a couple of long drives. The car is 70 to 80 percent city and 20 to 30% highway kind of a vehicle. If you are looking more on driving pleasure you may go for the Polo GT TSI. Jazz is more of a utilitarean hatch with adequate power,.
Thank you for your response.
I am a sedate driver. No vroom-vroom enthusiast stuff. I am glad you found the torque adequate for a sedate kind of driving.
Old 25th July 2015, 14:06   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran View Post
Took delivery of the Petrol VX today. The colour is pearl white metallic.
Congrats Catamaran!!! Jazz looks awesome in white and the pearl finish looked much better than the Taffeta white IMO - I had checked out the colors in the stockyard last weekend. UT and White are the best colors on the Jazz IMO. Would love to see your ownership thread on this forum. Hope you start one soon!! The photos look awesome too!!

Quote:
I am yet to see the All new Jazz on the road in Hyderabad.
I saw one in my office, it was a sunset orange Jazz and was not a VX variant. Since I was rushing to a meeting, I could not check out which variant or engine / gearbox it had. When I went to check once more in the evening, the car had gone. I will check next week and update - I also wanted to discuss with the owner.

Quote:
I think more than the quality of the interiors, some people are not liking the design of the interiors.
Honda has gone for a different asymmetric design theme with the dashboard which some people are liking and some not.
True Adimicra. The asymmetric design might not be to everyone's liking - but I liked it, both in City and Jazz. The major reasons for criticism towards Jazz's interior is 1. It is all black - appears that the majority prefers dual-tone. 2. Asymmetric design as you have pointed out is not to everyone's liking 3. Plastic quality is not as good as i20's - even though I found it acceptable, i20's is slightly better.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 22:32   #462
BHPian

Quote:
My 2 cents -
The Aspire AT will come with the 1.5 engine..so it should give better performance though the FE will be lower.

I am very happy with the maintenance and long term reliability of my Jazz.. I have never owned a Ford but have heard mixed views about long term maintenance and service costs. Talking to few Ford owners might help. Also, it depends a lot on the local dealerships of the respective brands at your place.

If you like the looks and feature set of the Aspire and you want good performance, it might be prudent to wait for the launch.
Otherwise, if you want good FE and okay with the performance of the Jazz CVT, you can go ahead.
Did you test drive the CVT variant of the Jazz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Congratulations Reihem. Look forward to your initial owners experience. Please do write about it.

Anilkumar, I cannot comment on the Ford Figo as I've never driven it or ridden in it. But as a 5 year Jazz owner I can say that the Jazz will provide you moderate cost of ownership, ease of maintenance and hassle free service. In 35 plus years of driving I have owned 10 different car models and had long term driving experience on 12 and the Jazz tops the list in trouble free driving & maintenance experience. The old Maruti Zen came next in line. All the best with your decision.
I did test drive jazz today I'm very disappointed with the CVT the engine is not at all responsive rubber band effect is extensive I did like the diesel if not for NVH. I drive ecosport maybe I'm expecting too much I guess but I didn't find the built quality of jazz to be incredible
Old 25th July 2015, 23:15   #463
SKB
BHPian

Can anybody here let me know the price for the arm rest?

Currently amazon is selling it for Rs 1050 but this may be for the older model.BTW can we fit this for the new one?
Old 26th July 2015, 10:35   #464
BHPian

Hyundai India has announced price hike for all its models except Creta. The increase in price is up to Rs. 30,000. The highest price increase of Rs. 30,000 would be applicable for Elantra. It is quite likely that the top variant of Elite i20 will be priced Rs. 15,000 higher. However, it will be interesting to see if Hyundai will offer touch screen AVN in top model without further increase in price.

Also, it will be interesting to see how this move positively impacts sale of Jazz. Recently Hyundai decided to cut down on few features in Elite i20 and now has decided to increase price.

Quote:
Hyundai, that launched the Creta compact SUV in India this week, today announced a price hike of up to Rs. 30,000. To come in effect from August 1, 2015, the increase in prices affects all models across its line-up in the country with the sole exception of the Creta.

Mr Rakesh Srivastava, Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said, "The price increase has been necessitated by increase of input costs. We have been absorbing most of the costs but now we are constrained to consider the price increase in these challenging market environment."

The slow-moving sales in recent times have lead car makers in India to offer increased discounts in order pursue buyers. This, in turn, continues to heave pressure on car makers as they aim at bigger share of the market. It remains to be seen if Hyundai's price hike causes other manufacturers to follow
Source
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 10:00   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran View Post
Some photos of the new car
Congratulations on your New Car. Jazz looks Awesome !!!
Wish you all lots of happy miles with the car.

Are you planning to go for a thicker rubber since the vehicle came with 175 mm stock.

Request you to post a detailed ownership report after few weeks with some more Pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks