Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 11:59   #691
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hello Guys,

I am pretty exited that I will be getting delivery of my Jazz SV(P) this week.
However, I have an event coming up on Friday for which I may need to travel from Pune to Mumbai.
I am not sure whether travelling with the new car with 3-4 hrs. of continuous drive is advisable.

I would like to know your take/suggestions on this.

Thanks.
Old 7th September 2015, 12:50   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet8686 View Post
Hello Guys,

However, I have an event coming up on Friday for which I may need to travel from Pune to Mumbai.
I am not sure whether travelling with the new car with 3-4 hrs. of continuous drive is advisable.

Thanks.
What is the problem mate? When I took delivery of my car, I took her on a 10 hr / 450 km drive the next day for registering her in a different town.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 15:14   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Thanks.
Absolutely no problems.
In fact, it is great that you have a chance of a long drive so soon after getting the new car.
Make sure you vary the speed and rpm a bit and don't always maintain the same steady speed. It will help to open up and smoothen the engine.
Also, feel free to rev the engine to 5000 rpm or so for short duration - 1 to 2 mins.

Enjoy your drive and report back here about your experience.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 19:58   #694
Senior - BHPian

So I finally got a chance to go with my in Laws for a test drive of the Jazz since they are looking to buy it.
Dealership was Solitaire Honda of Navnit Motors group in Andheri.
Of course since its a popular model, no discounts are available on any trim.

The problem is these guys are blatantly charging the scam "Handling and Logistics Charges" of Rs. 3500 !

Even after telling the salesman and head salesman that its illegal and should be cancelled, and also newspaper articles and forum links, they are refusing to drop it and acknowledge the same, stating that the pricelist and charges have come from Honda directly. Even requests to them to inform and take it up with their management were met with a "No" and not even a "we can try". They gave me a random email address to send a mail to and thats it.

I want to take this matter further and sort it out. I would like Team BHPs advice on how to proceed and links that can help. Like other team BHP members I refuse to fall for such scams and be coerced into this nonsense.

Also they refused to allow me to opt for my own insurance that comes with roadside assistance and were insisting on Hondas option being the only one. They also had a very strange buyback offer and option to get a refund on the NCB at a later date.
Old 7th September 2015, 23:12   #695
BHPian

Hi,

I got delivery of my JAZZ VX diesel last Monday. I wanted urban titanium but it was on 45 days waiting. So bought in stock Tafetta White.

I got my insurance done from outside. Its Tata AIG covering everything. Costed me around 24k including lost keys, water logging too. I even opted for extended warranty.

I have owned Honda previously also and never faced any major issues with car. In fact my OHC Type 2 is still on road with some relative.

Jazz is a new car so I knew dealership wont give anything with it but I expected at least the mats. Got them after literally fighting with the sales guy.

But my overall experience was good with the dealership.

I exchanged MRF with Michelin and even upgraded to 195-65R15 and I could instantly feel the difference in the grip and handling. I wish Jazz had 16".

Will update the post with positives and negatives after driving it for 500+kms.
ankit_chd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 07:34   #696

After waiting 45 days for my jazz V CVT have been informed by Arya Honda that I have not been given any allotment this month so I will have to wait till early October.

Rang Honda but no response. Told Arya to give me an email in writing that I have not been given a booking but no response. Frustrating

Thinking of canceling and going for a ciaz auto which is available immediately
Old 8th September 2015, 09:04   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
What is the problem mate? When I took delivery of my car, I took her on a 10 hr / 450 km drive the next day for registering her in a different town.
Well, the Team-bhp advice section suggests long highway runs should be avoided during run-in. Hence, the concern.

Anyways, this trip depends on delivery day of Jazz. Hoping for Thursday morning delivery.

Thanks.
Old 8th September 2015, 11:59   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcecpl View Post
After waiting 45 days for my jazz V CVT have been informed by Arya Honda that I have not been given any allotment this month so I will have to wait till early October.

Rang Honda but no response. Told Arya to give me an email in writing that I have not been given a booking but no response. Frustrating

Thinking of canceling and going for a ciaz auto which is available immediately
As I understand, the color plays a crucial role in this.
The dealer really doesn't have control about that. They only get to know the allocation at the beginning of the month.
I myself have seen 2 months waiting period for some colors while other colors are readily available. White and silver are typically available quickly.

Talk to the dealer management and ask them to show the list of bookings in order and check your number in the queue and how many are there for your color and variant and what are the dispatches of the cars from the factory to the dealership. All you can do is ensure that the dealer is maintaining the queue properly and not manipulating the queue by allocating vehicles due to personal contacts or other reasons.

If you are flexible about colors, you might get a faster delivery.

Quote:
Well, the Team-bhp advice section suggests long highway runs should be avoided during run-in. Hence, the concern.

Anyways, this trip depends on delivery day of Jazz. Hoping for Thursday morning delivery.

Thanks.
Don't worry. As I said in my previous post, make sure you do vary the rpms during your drive. DO NOT maintain a constant speed and rpm.That's all. For example, when you are doing 100 kmph in 5th gear (cruising), the rpm is around 3000. Now, for a few minutes, downshift to 4th and maintain the same 100 kmph. So, rpm will shoot up to 3500-4000 range or even drop to 3rd gear for a minute. I hope you get the point.

Last edited by adimicra : 8th September 2015 at 12:03.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 12:29   #699

Got sick and tired of running after Arya Honda. Cancelled the booking and have booked a ciaz AT for delivery next week. MS dealers seem a little more responsive.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2015 at 12:34. Reason: No proxy sales please! Use the Classifieds section instead. Thanks!
Old 9th September 2015, 14:28   #700
BHPian

Has anyone observed a dangling wire/pipe between the driver and rear passenger seats behind the driver? It usually looks like something which is not fixed with a bracket since it makes a U(like high tension wires sag between poles). I saw a couple of cars on the road yesterday and both had this dangling wire which caught my eye. You can view it when you are driving ~10-15 meters behind the JAZZ.
Old 9th September 2015, 20:50   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Central locking system.I have to lock it manually every time I enter my car. I have to check this in manual.
Does Jazz have speed sensing auto lock feature?
Old 9th September 2015, 21:44   #702
BANNED

No it does not. You have to lock it manually everytme.
monty9991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 22:51   #703
BHPian

Hi Team,

Took my Jazz IDTEC to Hosur from Chennai and then to Hokanekkal from Hosur. Then returned to chennai from Hosur. It was a mixed stretch of 900 odd kms ranging from 3 lane roads to State Highways to Ghats.Jazz returned a fuel efficiency of 22.7 KMPL. Initially on the 3 lane road for a stretch of 300kms it returned FE OF 26.1 KMPL. With windows up.AC ON,Mild music - for few times(while waiting for Toll) i didn't even realize that the engine is ON. Realized it later after looking at the tachometer.Since i was 6'1. I pushed my driver seat all way behind to get a comfortable seating position.My dad who is 6' and sitting behind me didn't have any complaints at all in this whole 900km trip.Felt happy on my buying decision.The NVH was not felt in cruising speeds but was felt while pushing on an incline in low gears.In plains normally there was no situation to push the car hard in low gears since the car moves willfully forward with zero acceleration(at approx 800 to 900 rpms)so NVH was not experienced at all.Even if mild acceleration provided there was not much noise from the engine which is felt inside the cabin to complain.

Agree with the views shared by Adimicra,Anooptp,bhuvan_prasad on Jazz's NVH since i experience it daily in my car.

Completed my 1st service with 0 bill.

Got Seat covers + PVC Floor mats + 3M lookalike mats + Jopasu Car duster combo + Body cover + Mudflaps for Jazz.

Drove it again to South Tamilnadu for a 550km trip and the stretch was mixed ranging from 2 lane to single lane(without medians).Jazz returned a FE of 23.4kmpl.

Getting ready for a Munnar trip this weekend.Lets see what FE it returns in that GHAT stretch.
DieselTorq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 07:39   #704
BHPian

Was all those things you got with the jazz free?
Old 10th September 2015, 10:23   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Has anyone observed a dangling wire/pipe between the driver and rear passenger seats behind the driver? It usually looks like something which is not fixed with a bracket since it makes a U(like high tension wires sag between poles). I saw a couple of cars on the road yesterday and both had this dangling wire which caught my eye. You can view it when you are driving ~10-15 meters behind the JAZZ.
Hi AveekKumar.

Following are the snaps taken from the rear left hand side, and from the rear right side of my Jazz.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150910_093725.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150910_093803.jpg

I do see a thick wire. No idea what it is. But it seems bolted into place. Will enquire about it when I take the car for the first service this Saturday.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th September 2015 at 13:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks