Team-BHP - Honda Jazz : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda Jazz : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/165791-honda-jazz-official-review-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanJazz (Post 3807102)
Hi T-BHPians,

I am also looking for advice on accessories for my new car (reverse parking sensors, door mats, mud flaps, arm rest, seat covers etc). I am keeping my fingers crossed that the upcoming festive season will help me get some goodies free from the dealer but don't think that will happen, as the Honda Jazz is quite a hit given the 2 months sales report:D

Hi Shanjazz, Congrats on your buying decision.clap: I second flanker99's view on Reverse parking sensors.Following are the list of accessories i felt as a must when i bought my Jazz.

1) Floor mats - since the default mat was fabric and a dust magnet.I bought the PVC floor mats since i felt its easy to clean the PVC mat also cost effective INR 1800)

2) Seat covers - since mine was a SV variant with Beige fabric seats.Considering the weather in chennai and the possibility of Sweat + Dust combo on those seats were nightmarish.Hence chose the color combination of my choice(after market) since the options available with Honda Genuine accessories were limited.

3) Mudflaps + Body cover for obvious reasons.

4) Nomad lookalike mats just to collect the possible water,mud and sand accumulated at the floor.

5) Jopasu combo to maintain the car's exterior,interior,glass areas clean.

I believe you know your priorities per your situation.Go for it for your piece of mind.:thumbs up

@ShanJazz,
If you see carefully the comparison between Jazz and I20 diesel done by Autocar, one of the main reasons they declared I20 a winner was because of the better refined and more rev happy diesel engine. For the petrol variants, Jazz has an upper hand in the engine and hence I strongly feel that it would have been the winner. It is very suspicious of Autocar as to why they did not publish a comparison between the petrols :)

And I agree that electrical modifications are the riskiest ones but as long as there is no cutting of wires etc, you should be safe. Bargain with the dealership about the parking sensors. Get the basic ones with a simple display and beeper. In fact, I fitted parking sensors very recently in my 5 year old Jazz from the Honda dealership at 3.5K. Works well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselTorq (Post 3809599)

1) Floor mats - since the default mat was fabric and a dust magnet.I bought the PVC floor mats since i felt its easy to clean the PVC mat also cost effective INR 1800)

4) Nomad lookalike mats just to collect the possible water,mud and sand accumulated at the floor.

Thanks DieselTorQ for the recommendations!!!! So if i understand this correctly, the Nomad "lookalikes" are on top of the PVC mats??

I am given to understand from some of the reviews that the climate control on the Jazz is a dust and fingerprint magnet. Do you agree? Does the Nomads help in keeping the dust level less inside the cabin?

Regarding the seat covers, did you go for the aftermarket "art leather" ones? I saw that the Mods recommend these in general...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanJazz (Post 3810296)
Thanks DieselTorQ for the recommendations!!!! So if i understand this correctly, the Nomad "lookalikes" are on top of the PVC mats??

I am given to understand from some of the reviews that the climate control on the Jazz is a dust and fingerprint magnet. Do you agree? Does the Nomads help in keeping the dust level less inside the cabin?

Regarding the seat covers, did you go for the aftermarket "art leather" ones? I saw that the Mods recommend these in general...

Hi Shanjazz - Yes.I am using the nomad lookalikes on top of the PVC mats.

Mine is SV variant and i hence dont have the climate control in my Jazz.I too read the same in the official review but i believe it is quite normal when you have a smooth polished surface.This is not a deal breaker according to me afterall these fingerprints could be easily wiped off with any smooth cloth.

I got my vehicle for possession on August 21 and got these noodle mats only on 2nd Sep so its just only 3 weeks of my experience with these mats.So i believe my experience would be of very less value for you.But no issues noted in this short span.The usual sand dust/spills of eatables(with a kid in home - cant help much:)) are collected in the mats.So happy on the outcome.

Yes. I went for Aftermarket artleathers since the options were less at Honda Genuine accessories.

Hey Guys... I need a bit of a help!!!! I booked a silver Jazz in 1st week of August here in Mumbai with Apex Honda. I spoke with the dealer and they say that they will be able to give a clearer picture only after 15th Oct .

I have waited more than a year for the right car and I felt Jazz is really it. But I m running low on patience now and the dealer is not being that supportive either. Can someone please confirm if the waiting period is really that long ?

Kamath I booked mine in Kolkata on August 25 , the car was ready for delivery on 20th though I have decided to take delivery on the 30th due to work commitments. Mine is a silver v petrol

V is easy to get. Our waiting period was 15 days :)

Yes the standard seems is order by the 1st of the month and get in 16- 20 days. Mine is delayed due to my company payment schedule and my work commitments. Felt envious when I saw your car delivered and i was in office stuck to my desk Kamath which variant are you getting

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritayan (Post 3811341)
Yes the standard seems is order by the 1st of the month and get in 16- 20 days. Mine is delayed due to my company payment schedule and my work commitments. Felt envious when I saw your car delivered and i was in office stuck to my desk Kamath which variant are you getting

I have booked the V variant in silver. One thing I observed is most dealers are trying to push the taffeta white which is available literally with most of them ready for delivery. I don't know why they are acting up for silver. He even kept repeatedly asking me to cancel my booking if I want. That was really off-putting. Should I just confront the dealer and ask for a justification.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamath.preetham (Post 3811245)
Hey Guys... I need a bit of a help!!!! I booked a silver Jazz in 1st week of August here in Mumbai with Apex Honda. I spoke with the dealer and they say that they will be able to give a clearer picture only after 15th Oct .

I have waited more than a year for the right car and I felt Jazz is really it. But I m running low on patience now and the dealer is not being that supportive either. Can someone please confirm if the waiting period is really that long ?

My dealer (Linkway Honda, Chandivali) told me that only two colours (white and silver) would be readily available (delivery within 5 days of complete payment). The rest could take upto 3 months. Out the two options he gave me there were doubts about the silver one since somebody was yet to give the final confirmation for it. I still chanced on it and opted for the silver colour. Gave the booking amount to the dealer after 3 days of my first visit followed by the remaining amount after 5 days. The car was allocated to me and I took the delivery exactly 2 weeks after my first visit to the show room.

I guess since the festive has begun there might be a lot of bookings. And then there might be instances of people jumping the que by pulling a few strings. Your dealer must have given you a status update about the available models when you first visited him, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamath.preetham (Post 3811245)

Similar story here in Bangalore, now they are quoting a minimum 60 days as opposed to 45 days they mentioned a month back.. It could be more than that if I were to believe my SA, who says a dealership is only allotted one car per month for colour/variant combo for top end variants. Dark colours (Golden Brown, Carmelien Red, Urban Titanium) + top end variant combo seems to have the most waiting period.

I live in Bangalore now.

We have decided to buy Honda Jazz V automatic(CVT). There are 2 dealers near my house, Dakshin Honda and Whitefield Honda. We have finalised orange color but I hear from Dakshin Honda that orange color will take 3 months.
That is too much of a wait. Anyone knows a good sales rep at Whitefield Honda that i can contact to find the status of their waiting list.

Also is there any chance any freebies or discounts coming during diwali time.

I dont see any eagerness from Honda dealership to sell, no follow up calls.
I would like to negotiate a little bit but with this attitude from dealership, pls suggest how to proceed.

Thanks
rawnak

I had been told that it would take 45 days at the time of booking. I think cities are facing the issue because of high demand. Also, as flanker99 rightly pointed out that there are plenty who jump queues as they have deep pockets, these dealerships really benefit from such parties. Something I observed while I was haggling for a price on my old car. I think a personal visit to the dealership will help me get things sorted out.

Flanker99 you are really lucky man to get the car so soon. Congratulations!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamath.preetham (Post 3811788)
Also, as flanker99 rightly pointed out that there are plenty who jump queues as they have deep pockets, these dealerships really benefit from such parties.

Hello Mr. Kamath. I was actually referring to 'contacts' when I spoke about people jumping the que. Given the amount of flak the Jazz has received for its high price I really doubt if people are actually willing to pay a premium to get one. Perhaps there might be some.

I think you definitely need to follow up with your dealership and ask them for regular updates. You are doing them a favor (by giving them business) and it's not the other way around.

Also, I got mine on the 1st of August. Maybe those were early days (less rush) and hence I got mine soon. There was also a bit of luck involved (the other guy not being able to make up his mind). Whatever the reason I was actually prepared to wait it out for 3 months to get the Jazz. Waited since 2009 (my eyes were set on the Honda Fit those days) why not wait for 3 months. Be patient and I wish you all the best. Look forward to you joining the Jazz club soon. :)

Guys, if you book the tafetta white v or sv variants, you will get it too soon. Here in kerala, most yards had v and sv tafetta white jazz cars readily available. No waiting period at all. If u are particular about any other colors, it may be a bit difficult, but here most dealers deliver the car within 2 months, whatever variant you need. Better you check with any other dealerships. Actually when i went for checking my v variant before the delivery day, there was 1 more tafetta white v and vx in the yard. To my surprise, i could find a grey color sv too. It looks good in pictures but white is better in real world because of the contrasting bumper inserts and grill