Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 19:05   #796
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Checked with my Jazz VMT iVtec. It is not there. I think, you should contact the service center.
Took the car to Courtesy Honda today and the SA checked it. Said, it has been reported by city owners but its the first they've encountered with Jazz. He suggested to keep using the vehicle and to make sure that I report it during the first service.

He mentioned that it'll take Honda minimum of 15-20 days to check the actual fault and come to a conclusion. In a nutshell, he wanted me to keep using the vehicle and see if it gets worse and then get it repaired/replace once in for all. Said that city owners who reported this issue are living with it ever since and haven't faced any issues except for the same level of vibration they reported on day one I'm moving to Indore tomorrow and will report this during the first service. I have a 930 km trip planned ahead of me so am a little concerned about this issue. Hope it doesn't leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Old 2nd October 2015, 14:41   #797

And after a long wait of 2 months got my carnelian red ivtec vmt jazz! Phew! That was a long waiting period took delivery hours ago from perfect Honda tvm. Got the floor mats, seat covers, anti corrosion, complementary chocolates plus a jazz labelled computer mouse! Wonder what that has to do with the car! Definitely going to change those squeaky horns. Other than that no major mods planned for the time being.
sujit_as7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 22:23   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujit_as7 View Post
And after a long wait of 2 months got my carnelian red ivtec vmt jazz! Phew! That was a long waiting period took delivery hours ago from perfect Honda tvm. Got the floor mats, seat covers, anti corrosion, complementary chocolates plus a jazz labelled computer mouse! Wonder what that has to do with the car! Definitely going to change those squeaky horns. Other than that no major mods planned for the time being.
Good to see that most dealers in Kerala are offering some freebies like Floor mats, Anti Corrosion treatment etc. However the story is very different in Bangalore. Not even a single dealer is prepared to give out any freebies. Forget freebies, dealers like Magnum Honda are looting customers by making them pay for additional things like Car Care / Anti Corrosion treatment and are charging hefty amount for the same. If you try to argue with the dealership and not take these extra stuff, they say the waiting time is 3.5 to 4 months !!! .

With Suzuki Baleno coming up, I hope Honda dealership changes their attitude. Though Honda Jazz is an awesome car, poor marketing strategies and lethargic behavior of dealerships is killing this product.
Old 3rd October 2015, 13:15   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
My silver v is hear, did a full pdi as per tbhp checklist. It has 50 km on the odo. Goodyear tyres and Amron battery. Should I consider changing the tyres. What else to consider installing from the dealer. Some pictures

Delivery on Wednesday after registration.
I have taken the car in Wednesday, the mud flap installation is pending. Have driven about 100 km in 2 days and am loving it. A very apt upgrade from my 2007 Wagon R VXI. Let the Pictures do the talking.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1299.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1300.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1307.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1308.jpg
ritayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 16:28   #800
BHPian

Checked with my dealer on status of my booking today and added another month to my delivery date.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd October 2015 at 17:04. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 3rd October 2015, 21:20   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Good to see that most dealers in Kerala are offering some freebies like Floor mats, Anti Corrosion treatment etc. However the story is very different in Bangalore. Not even a single dealer is prepared to give out any freebies. Forget freebies, dealers like Magnum Honda are looting customers by making them pay for additional things like Car Care / Anti Corrosion treatment and are charging hefty amount for the same. If you try to argue with the dealership and not take these extra stuff, they say the waiting time is 3.5 to 4 months !!! .

With Suzuki Baleno coming up, I hope Honda dealership changes their attitude. Though Honda Jazz is an awesome car, poor marketing strategies and lethargic behavior of dealerships is killing this product.
Likewise in Delhi. Bought it on Sunday and not a single rupee discount even on accessories. Wonder how it differs from state to state.

The attitude was such that they were doing me a favor by delivering the car in two days after booking.

Last edited by k.sumit : 3rd October 2015 at 21:23.
Old 3rd October 2015, 21:42   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post

Yes, waiting period for Honda Jazz VXMT model is around 3 months in Bangalore. Have checked with almost all dealers (Dakshin, Whitefield, Magnum - my dealer) and all are saying it is a 3-4 month delivery.

Reason: Shortage of VXMT Petrol from Honda to its dealers. In my case, it seems only 4 VXMT Petrol Sunset Orange was allotted to my dealer and they are already blocked to pre-booked customers.

Surprisingly, Brigade Honda in Kalyan Nagar is committing for a 35 day delivery for a VXMT Petrol, their reasons being that they are a new dealer and Honda India wants to promote new dealers by doing them a priority allotment. Not sure, how much of it is true.
Old 3rd October 2015, 23:46   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Sales of Jazz seem to be loosing steam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
O.T. Amaze increasing by 100% is another shocker for me. I would expect people to shift to Aspire. But Honda is Honda after all.
All Honda cars except the City have sales figures that vary wildly from month to month. The Amaze has seen figures of 9k and 3k in a gap of 2-3 months.
The reason for these yo-yo sales figures is probably that they prioritize a particular model each month so as to fill up their inventory, before they shift their focus to another model.

Average sales of their models are something like this -
City - 5.5k
Amaze - 3.5k
Jazz - 4.5k
Mobilio and Brio - 500 to 1k
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 12:18   #804

Dear all,

Firstly, thanks to moderators for approving my membership! I have been an ardent follower of Team-BHP and am proud to be a part of this community now.

My Ride: Jazz VMT (Red), Aug 2015.
Odo: 2200 Km
Addtl fittings/services (dealer): Mud flaps, Mats, Teflon, Antirust
Addtl fittings (Marketplace): Steering wheel skin, Seat covers

Looking to get hold of some good deals on arm rest console (have been checking aliexpress mainly) - Maybe will go for one couple of months later.

It has been a great experience so far and I am loving every moment!

As with many others, I was initially split between Elite i20 (feature-rich) and Jazz (great looks). The clincher for me was the leg-room space.

A whopping 118mm leg-clearance in the rear seating area was too comfy to ignore, leave alone the massive boot space that is on offer - Perfect combo for person like me who does quite a few road trips with friends and family.

Overall a very satisfying experience so far and hope for many many more "Happy-Miles" in times to come.
aikrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 13:15   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikrish View Post

Overall a very satisfying experience so far and hope for many many more "Happy-Miles" in times to come.
Congrats on your new ride Krish!!
Is yours an IDtec or an IVtec? Please write an ownership review soon if you can! Thanks in advance and welcome to the forum!
Old 5th October 2015, 14:05   #806

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Congrats on your new ride Krish!!
Is yours an IDtec or an IVtec? Please write an ownership review soon if you can! Thanks in advance and welcome to the forum!
Thanks nivatakavacha! Mine is i-vtec; missed that info, my bad.
Old 5th October 2015, 14:21   #807
BHPian

Fellow Jazz owners, I have a query regarding the wiper system.
In my SV petrol Jazz, there is a serious issue with the wiper (or defogger) system.
Consider the below scenario and do give your inputs on what is causing this issue.
I am driving when suddenly it starts to rain. I switch on the blower and direct the knob on windshield and switch the airflow from outside, AC mode is also switched on.
I also start the wiper system.
After a while, there is lot of fogging on the windshield and I recheck all the systems.
Then I try to manually wipe the windshield from inside and then find that the fogging is from outside
I had to park the vehicle, clear the area by cloth and then drive. I repeated this as the wiper system when switched on was causing this fogging.
Anyone else has faced this issue? If yes, what was the reason and solution?
I am yet to have a word with the service centre to get this sorted.

Last edited by turbospooler : 5th October 2015 at 14:23.
Old 5th October 2015, 14:29   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Then I try to manually wipe the windshield from inside and then find that the fogging is from outside
Nothing to be worried about. This happens with all cars if you are pointing AC flow on to windshield for long period.

Keep the air vents pointed away from windshield and it should be fine. If still you find the moisture build up, try increasing the temperature so that it is almost same as that of outside temperature.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 14:29   #809

Quote:
After a while, there is lot of fogging on the windshield and I recheck all the systems.
Looks to me that the temperature is too low inside the cabin as compared to outside (that might explain why the fogging occurs on the outer side). Try not to keep the AC on full blast.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2015 at 14:54. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 5th October 2015, 14:31   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am driving when suddenly it starts to rain. I switch on the blower and direct the knob on windshield and switch the airflow from outside, AC mode is also switched on. I also start the wiper system.
After a while, there is lot of fogging on the windshield and I recheck all the systems.Then I try to manually wipe the windshield from inside and then find that the fogging is from outside
Move the AC settings to warm - and direct the blower towards windshied for a few sec to a minute to resolve outside fog. I also keep my windows rolled down for an inch if it is not raining heavily.

Last edited by Latheesh : 5th October 2015 at 14:33.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed