Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 21:31   #991
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Hey Guys, need some suggestions to repair this. Seems like a kid trying his hands after a drawing class :( The scratches are too deep and rubbing compound won't help. I think a complete panel repaint would be required.
Where did this happen ? Office parking/residential/roadside parking?

Just claim insurance and get over with it.

This is a clear case of Vandalism also post it to
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...vandalism.html

Last edited by freedom : 16th November 2015 at 21:33.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 23:41   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Where did this happen ? Office parking/residential/roadside parking?

Just claim insurance and get over with it.

This is a clear case of Vandalism also post it to
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...vandalism.html
I park the car right outside my home (on the road) and have no idea who did this. I'm temporarily living in Indore on rent and my landlord doesn't allow to park the car inside.

Do you think it would be a good idea to claim insurance? My wild guess is 2-3k bucks to get the fender repainted. Don't think the guys at Honda would be skilled enough to fill it with putty first and do a touch up job using spray gun. These guys are vultures waiting for a prey and would definitely recommend repainting the entire panel.
Old 17th November 2015, 11:32   #993
Distinguished - BHPian

Our car is slowly but surely inching towards the 500 km mark. Here are a few observations over the last few weeks
- With the inclement weather, Bangalore's traffic has sunk to new lows but the combination of the wonderful automatic and Jack Johnson on the music player has reduced both stress and mental fatigue. As much as I enjoy driving manuals, for day to day use an automatic is the way to go. Im a convert!
- Space, space and space. I picked up my relatives over the weekend and they just loved the rear seat space.
- The audio system should suit regular folks just fine (like my parents for example) but for someone like me who had plonked down around 40K on a nice setup in my Punto, it just doesnt cut it.
- The headlights at low beam arent really good. My wife even asked me why I was driving with the lights off when they were in fact on!
- It isnt a terribly exciting car but it is practical to the core. However much shopping we do, the boot always seems to be able to swallow more shopping bags. And then some more as well.

A few questions for fellow owners
- Has anyone upgraded the headlights? Philips or NB+?
- Does anyone know the speaker size for the Honda Jazz? If they fit I will shift the Ground Zero speakers from my Punto into the Jazz sometime soon.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 13:43   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
With the inclement weather, Bangalore's traffic has sunk to new lows but the combination of the wonderful automatic and Jack Johnson on the music player has reduced both stress and mental fatigue. As much as I enjoy driving manuals, for day to day use an automatic is the way to go. Im a convert!
- Space, space and space. I picked up my relatives over the weekend and they just loved the rear seat space.
- It isnt a terribly exciting car but it is practical to the core. However much shopping we do, the boot always seems to be able to swallow more shopping bags. And then some more as well.
Dear neil.jeriho,

I agree with you totally. I can easily replace the word "Bangalore" with "Pune", "Mumbai" or "Nashik" (places where my Jazz V-CVT has been in the last couple of weeks) and the sentence would remain essentially same.
Small difference, I enjoy listening to old songs on Radio.

All the friends and relatives who were either passengers of (in rare cases) test drivers, the common reactions included 'so easy to drive' and 'so much space - in the two rows and the boot too'.

Just like you I love to drive manual - but now I am totally into this automatic!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 14:32   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

- The headlights at low beam arent really good. My wife even asked me why I was driving with the lights off when they were in fact on!

- Has anyone upgraded the headlights? Philips or NB+?
- Does anyone know the speaker size for the Honda Jazz? If they fit I will shift the Ground Zero speakers from my Punto into the Jazz sometime soon.
Kind of surprised, I find the headlamps very good on my Jazz. Its better than most of the cars I drive including the Accord.

I am edging close to 800 kms mark on my Jazz. I feel the pick-up of the car has improved over the past few drives also engine has become a lot more silent. I don't drive in S mode but the CVT is a lot more prompt.

I had ordered the center arm rest from Ali express, it has reached Mumbai Custom yesterday from Kolkata Custom. Hope to have in with me by next week.

This is the product

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7...70287952589850
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 15:30   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Kind of surprised, I find the headlamps very good on my Jazz. Its better than most of the cars I drive including the Accord.

I am edging close to 800 kms mark on my Jazz. I feel the pick-up of the car has improved over the past few drives also engine has become a lot more silent. I don't drive in S mode but the CVT is a lot more prompt.

I had ordered the center arm rest from Ali express, it has reached Mumbai Custom yesterday from Kolkata Custom. Hope to have in with me by next week.

This is the product

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7...70287952589850
+1 to the headlamps

I am comparing with cars like WagonR, City, etc and not finding any issues with the headlamps.

Maybe I am not being fair to you - so please excuse my suggestion if you do not like it - try setting the angle. If that does not work, see if you can get the dealer/service team to check it out.

Regarding the armrest - I have taken from Honda Dealer - original. It is really great. I cannot be sure - but the ones which I saw online definitely seemed inferior. If you like what you get, could you share a photo here? We can compare notes. And - oh - the original are tooooo expensive - no doubt!
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 15:46   #997
BHPian

Great to see the CVT is providing you with all the convenience GKMahajan & tazmaan. It maybe a little early but can you update on the FE you are getting in varying city & highway conditions? Also some of your observations on how the CVT behaves in different situations will be helpful
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 16:10   #998

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Congrats on your honda jazz! I am taking delivery of my V CVT tomorrow and very excited as I always am with my new car. So I have taken the seat cover floor mats and mud gaurd (all part of the deal). I have also paid for the rear sensors which I feel is more useful than the camera and DRL from honda. Also planning to upgrade my tyres and alloys tomm (Momo alloys and michelin primacy 3 ST 195 60 R15 planned).

I will update the thread with pics and details soon.
Are the DRL's are from Honda India?
How much did it cost for the DRL's?
I was not convinced to choose a Non-OEM DRL's from outside market.
Old 19th November 2015, 17:42   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Great to see the CVT is providing you with all the convenience GKMahajan & tazmaan. It maybe a little early but can you update on the FE you are getting in varying city & highway conditions? Also some of your observations on how the CVT behaves in different situations will be helpful
Dear praveen_v,

FE is a funny thing....

Let me give instances:

My drive from Pune-Nashik-Pune - about 550 km with 4 adults and luggage - with mix of good and bad roads - with AC ON 100% time - with level/ascending/descending roads - I got about 15 kmpl.

My drive from Pune-Mumbai - about 160 km with 2 adults and nominal luggage - with mostly good roads - with AC ON 100% time - with level/descending roads mainly - with 2 traffic jams (total 30 min approx) - I got 21 kmpl. Before the jams it showed a max of 22.2 kmpl!

My 4 days of travelling within Mira Road, Mumabi - which is mainly take out of parking -> drive 2~3 km to office -> park in office -> reverse procedure - with 1 adult and no luggage - with mainly bad roads with lots of (car) breakers - pathetic traffic - I am getting a majestic 6~7 kmpl!

And please note that the car is yet to have it's first 100km service!

I hope this info is useful.

Last edited by GKMahajan : 19th November 2015 at 17:43. Reason: spelling mistake
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 21:48   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
+1 to the headlamps

Regarding the armrest - I have taken from Honda Dealer - original. It is really great. I cannot be sure - but the ones which I saw online definitely seemed inferior. If you like what you get, could you share a photo here? We can compare notes. And - oh - the original are tooooo expensive - no doubt!

Appreciate if you can share some photographs of the original Honda armrest in your Jazz. Though it's super expensive, I am positive that the quality would be awesome.
vijjuvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 22:11   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear praveen_v,

FE is a funny thing....

Let me give instances:

My drive from Pune-Nashik-Pune - about 550 km with 4 adults and luggage - with mix of good and bad roads - with AC ON 100% time - with level/ascending/descending roads - I got about 15 kmpl.

My drive from Pune-Mumbai - about 160 km with 2 adults and nominal luggage - with mostly good roads - with AC ON 100% time - with level/descending roads mainly - with 2 traffic jams (total 30 min approx) - I got 21 kmpl. Before the jams it showed a max of 22.2 kmpl!

My 4 days of travelling within Mira Road, Mumabi - which is mainly take out of parking -> drive 2~3 km to office -> park in office -> reverse procedure - with 1 adult and no luggage - with mainly bad roads with lots of (car) breakers - pathetic traffic - I am getting a majestic 6~7 kmpl!

And please note that the car is yet to have it's first 100km service!

I hope this info is useful.
Thanks for the update. Though the in city FE seem to be unsettling, i believe it must be the MID acting up. A tank to tank method will give a more accurate picture. I was expecting something around 10-12 in city conditions. Please do keep us posted when you run through your tank.

By the way did you get the tyre pressure checked after taking delivery?
Old 19th November 2015, 22:49   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Congrats @GKMahajan on your new acquisition. I hope it serves you faithfully like the way for a long time like your City. We would love to hear further from you. And I would also request you to start an ownership thread. It takes lot of time and patience but believe me, it's very rewarding for you as well as the readers. Cheers!

Quote:
. Though the in city FE seem to be unsettling, i believe it must be the MID acting up. A tank to tank method will give a more accurate picture. I was expecting something around 10-12 in city conditions.
The MID values might be wrong and hopefully will settle at a better number.
But for the kind of usage mentioned, single digit FE is highly likely as it is the worst possible case. Take out car from parking (possible reversing), drive only couple of kms drive over highly congested roads and then park the car. @GKMahajan, did you drive your City on the same road under same conditions? If yes, what sort of FE you were getting?
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 10:24   #1003
BHPian

Regarding FE I am getting 8.7 on MID in city drive with AC always on. The average drive is of 3kms for most of the journeys such as Home-School-Home, Home-shopping-Home, Home-Restaurant-Home.
Old 20th November 2015, 11:14   #1004
BHPian

For me, the fuel efficiency is 13.5+ for city drives in the same pattern. Dad takes the car from home, drives for 5 kms, returns in the evening, drives for 5 kms. 13.5+ during those congested traffic timings. Otherwise well above 16.
Old 20th November 2015, 11:54   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Though the in city FE seem to be unsettling, i believe it must be the MID acting up. A tank to tank method will give a more accurate picture. I was expecting something around 10-12 in city conditions. Please do keep us posted when you run through your tank.

By the way did you get the tyre pressure checked after taking delivery?
Dear praveen_v,
To me the city FE is not unsettling - because I did some rough maths and came up to the same figure +/- a bit!
After taking delivery, first thing I did was to fill petrol and check air pressure. It was way too high - aroung 40+ psi! Thanks to feedback from so many threads on Team-BHP I was prepared for this and corrected it immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Congrats @GKMahajan on your new acquisition. I hope it serves you faithfully like the way for a long time like your City. We would love to hear further from you. And I would also request you to start an ownership thread. It takes lot of time and patience but believe me, it's very rewarding for you as well as the readers. Cheers!

The MID values might be wrong and hopefully will settle at a better number.
But for the kind of usage mentioned, single digit FE is highly likely as it is the worst possible case. Take out car from parking (possible reversing), drive only couple of kms drive over highly congested roads and then park the car. @GKMahajan, did you drive your City on the same road under same conditions? If yes, what sort of FE you were getting?
Dear adimicra,
I have been planning to start a new ownership thread. I have re-studied the process for it. Now I feel I should be able to do it. I will keep you posted. Thank you for the kind words.

I cross-checked the MID values with the tank full to tank fill method and the difference was very insignificant. So, until further notice, I am trusting the MID values.
My City did not have a FE indicator - but I did a rough back calculation and I feel my City was giving even less than this - so I am happier (or is it that I am less unhappy!?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Regarding FE I am getting 8.7 on MID in city drive with AC always on. The average drive is of 3kms for most of the journeys such as Home-School-Home, Home-shopping-Home, Home-Restaurant-Home.
Dear tazmaan, touche!
Some times, I think that I should use my bicycle for this journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
For me, the fuel efficiency is 13.5+ for city drives in the same pattern. Dad takes the car from home, drives for 5 kms, returns in the evening, drives for 5 kms. 13.5+ during those congested traffic timings. Otherwise well above 16.
Dear vishnurajanme,
If I increase the 2~3 km trip to 5~6 km trip (one way), then the averate does come about 11~14 kmpl. So, I am happy that we are on the same page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Appreciate if you can share some photographs of the original Honda armrest in your Jazz. Though it's super expensive, I am positive that the quality would be awesome.
Dear vijjuvk,
I have been planning on doing this for quite some time - unfortunately, I always forget to do it at the time of getting out! I will not promise anything - but let me try to remember....

Last edited by GKMahajan : 20th November 2015 at 11:58. Reason: Spelling mistake discovered and one point left unanswered

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks