Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2015, 09:19   #1021
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Finally my Jazz CVT ownership thread is approved and moved to initial ownership forum
Dear urajkumar,

Congrats. I will go through it.
My thread is 'almost' ready too. I have to add some photos and additional comments.

THEN, we can compare notes!

Girish Mahajan
Old 27th November 2015, 13:46   #1022
BHPian

Honda Jazz in Jakarta. Its an RS version with 1.5 I-VTEC, 16inch alloys, JVC AVN, DRL and projector lights. Best seller in the country with atleast 3/10 cars on road is a Honda Jazz (old and new version).
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20151126_181859.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-12.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-13.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-14.jpg  

itzvicky201 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 14:56   #1023
Senior - BHPian

For whatever it's worth, here is a piece of news I wanted to share.
I understand that the Indian Jazz may not be as safe as the one in the US (which comes with additional airbags) but still feels good to hear that the Jazz saved a life in such a horrific accident and the love of the owner for the car.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/features/f...cked-honda-fit

Excerpt from the link above - "On Saturday 10/10/15, I hit a patch of gravel, hit a mailbox, went down into a ditch, and flipped three times. I don't remember much of what happened. People who saw it say that I was completely in the air for one of those rotations. Fire and EMS were able to extract me from the car. I have some fractured vertebrae and clavicle with extensive soft tissue damage. You can see I'm still wearing a back brace.

But. I'm alive."

EDIT - Just wanted to add that she bought a new Jazz.

Last edited by adimicra : 27th November 2015 at 15:25.
adimicra is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 10:28   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Honda Jazz in Jakarta. Its an RS version with 1.5 I-VTEC, 16inch alloys, JVC AVN, DRL and projector lights. Best seller in the country with atleast 3/10 cars on road is a Honda Jazz (old and new version).
I am jealous!
I wish they had put at least the Cruise Control in the India version.
The next strong desire is - of course - the 1.5 ivtec and 16" combo.

Sigh!
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 07:39   #1025
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if I posted this earlier. Excuse me if I did but I couldn't find.

A list of features which are missing in the new Jazz but were present in the old. New Jazz owners don't feel bad. Your car is great and has a lot many features than ours. Also, remember most of us (old Jazzers) paid a premium for the old Jazz. I paid more than 1 lakh premium over the I20 Asta to get my Jazzy . It's clear that Honda has resorted to some cost cutting to keep prices in check and be more competitive in the market.
  • Height adjustable seat belts
  • Seat belts with pretensioners
  • dual glove box - the top one even had a pen holder
  • cooled bottle holder on passenger side near AC vent
  • AC vents under front seats
  • driver vanity mirror
  • ticket holder on sun visor
  • Fabric trim on the door armrest
  • Cubby hole on the side of the boot to hold knickknacks
  • Hook in the boot
  • storage box under magic seats (all variants had magic seats)
  • Rubberised finish on hand brake lever
  • boot cover holder(hook) while taking out the stepny
  • key hole on door handle instead of the door
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 12:13   #1026
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am not sure if I posted this earlier. Excuse me if I did but I couldn't find.

A list of features which are missing in the new Jazz but were present in the old. .
  • Seat belts with pretensioners
    [
pretensioners are present on almost every car, so does the jazz with load limiter.
Old 1st December 2015, 13:01   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
pretensioners are present on almost every car, so does the jazz with load limiter.
I wish they were present in all cars.
Take Amaze for example, it has pretensioners for higher variants only.

About the new Jazz, there's some confusion. So, they may or may not be present. I was speaking to an owner of the new Jazz and he was not sure as he has heard conflicting information. How did you verify that those are present in the new Jazz? I hope they are as they are definitely important for safety.
Old 1st December 2015, 15:21   #1028
BHPian

Quote:

About the new Jazz, there's some confusion. So, they may or may not be present. I was speaking to an owner of the new Jazz and he was not sure as he has heard conflicting information. How did you verify that those are present in the new Jazz? I hope they are as they are definitely important for safety.
If I am not mistaken pretensioner is something that prevents the seatbelt from going slack in the event on a crash. I think this can also be tested easily by suddenly pulling on the seatbelt. If it goes taut then that probably means that it has a pretensioner.

If my above explanation is correct then I believe that the new Jazz definitely has it, atleast the VX variant. To be honest I too thought that all cars had this. If a 11 year old WagonR LXi had it all Hondas should too.
Old 1st December 2015, 15:50   #1029
BANNED

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
If I am not mistaken pretensioner is something that prevents the seatbelt from going slack in the event on a crash. I think this can also be tested easily by suddenly pulling on the seatbelt. If it goes taut then that probably means that it has a pretensioner.

If my above explanation is correct then I believe that the new Jazz definitely has it, atleast the VX variant. To be honest I too thought that all cars had this. If a 11 year old WagonR LXi had it all Hondas should too.
Here you go.
It is generally given in models with airbags
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz.png  

H_Dogg72 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 15:52   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am sorry but your explanation is not correct. Pre-tensioner activates in case of crash. There are a couple of ways it works but broadly a sensor senses a crash/sudden stop and triggers a mechanical device or chemicals resulting in sudden tightening of the belts. It is mostly replaced after it activates.Google it and you will have better clarity.
sourabhzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 20:44   #1031
BHPian

Hey Guys! need some inputs on buying a front windshield sunshade since my car is parked outside 24X7. Also, looking forward to buy a pressure washer. Have ruled out Bosh/Karcher since they need continuous water supply through a pipe. Considering a product from Resqtech which is powered by car's battery. Below is the link of the product:

http://resqtech.in/product/25-liter-...sher-cd-25l-1/
Old 1st December 2015, 21:21   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I am sorry but your explanation is not correct. Pre-tensioner activates in case of crash. There are a couple of ways it works but broadly a sensor senses a crash/sudden stop and triggers a mechanical device or chemicals resulting in sudden tightening of the belts. It is mostly replaced after it activates.Google it and you will have better clarity.
But I am hundred percent sure that my Wagon R too had something in the seatbelt that was causing it to tighten up when I used to pull it suddenly. And it didn't even have airbags. Besides, I remember doing this multiple times and the result was the same. So, even the replacement aspect is not involved.

Anyways, either way the purpose was the same ie to prevent the seatbelt from going slack in the event of an accident. I guess the pretensioner explanation given by you is correct. Maybe what I was talking about is something different. Apologies for the wrong explanation.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 1st December 2015 at 21:27.
Old 1st December 2015, 21:37   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I am hundred percent sure that my Wagon R too had something in the seatbelt that was causing it to tighten up when I used to pull it suddenly. And it didn't even have airbags. Besides, I remember doing this multiple times and the result was the same. So, even the replacement aspect is not involved.
You are right to some extent. Seat belts do not tighten, they just get stuck in one position when pulled suddenly. That is how they are supposed to work otherwise a person will hit his head with the windscreen in case of collision. Pretentioner just help in speeding up this tightening process by a few times and help seatbelts in becoming more effective.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 11:02   #1034
BHPian

Just did a 1900 Kms solo Road trip around Karnataka. Will prepare a travelogue but here are a few teasers.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_9957.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_9876.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_9865.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_9858.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_9851.jpg  

tazmaan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 11:11   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Just did a 1900 Kms solo Road trip around Karnataka. Will prepare a travelogue but here are a few teasers.
Dear tazmaan,

I was wondering why you were so 'silent' for all this time.

Looking forward to your travelogue.

Girish Mahajan

Most Viewed