Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2015, 11:43   #1051
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Guys, First, it seems that the boot lid doesn't close properly and every time I have someone sitting at the back, I keep hearing a grinding metal sound over small undulations. I have tried a lot to identify where its coming from but all efforts in vain. Next, the dashboard rattles like crazy from the middle portion when I go over roads with very rough asphalt. This one has a mind of its own and appears out of the blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
I have the grinding metal sound at the back and dashboard sound as well. The rear sound is due to the carpet padding clip popping out get it fixed. The Dashboard sound is on and off and I have not asked them to touch the dashboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi k.sumit. I have been hearing that dashboard sound too. It's a very faint sound. As if some screw or something very small is vibrating. Seems to come from the left hand side.
I think have diagnosed the rear boot metal grinding rattle to the License plates. The acrylic license plates provided by dealer has a lot of flex and doesn't sit straight on the boot. It shakes violently and I think that is the cause of rattle at the back in My car. I am going to unscrew the plate put some insulation between the plate and the boot lid to dampen it. Hopefully this should solve it. My CRV had the same problem!

I don't know if this has happened to anyone but I managed to slip a coin through the hand brake gap while searching for change at a toll. After that I am able to hear a faint rattle occasionally from the center. I will get it removed during 2nd service.

No other noises yet. Also everyone what tyre pressures are you all maintaining? I prefer 30 Psi over company recommended 32 psi.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 11:46   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi vishurajanme. Even I have noticed this occasionally. Intact even my old WagonR had this issue. Could it be that it happens if we downshift into the 2nd/1st gear at higher than optimal RPMs? Saying this because this because I have noticed this when I am riding on open stretches when the car easily crosses 70kmph but have to then stop at signals. No abrupt breaking involved though.
Bro, I firmly believe that the Jazz should not perform like the wagonR as it comes with a more rev happy engine and the powerband is meaty from 2.7k rpm onward. Normally in city I drive the jazz at around 2k rpm only. But if I need to overtake, I shoot her to 3k+ rpms. This might be the usual pattern of driving for most of us.

If it is 70kmph in the 5th gear, still the rpm is only around 2k+
It does not come in that meaty band too.
If you downshift directly to 2nd gear at 70kmph, yes it is well above the normal rpm range.

But for me, this happened during normal driving too
during city driving when I drive at 5th gear in 50-60 kmph and has to slow down due to traffic, the gear knob suddenly acts stubborn.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 12:03   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
If it is 70kmph in the 5th gear, still the rpm is only around 2k+. It does not come in that meaty band too. If you downshift directly to 2nd gear at 70kmph, yes it is well above the normal rpm range.
No. I always upshift and downshift sequentially. Maybe this hardness could be because of the fact that the car has covered only around 1,200 kms since I bought it. Have only used it for home-office-home trips over the past 4 months. Probably will disappear/subside as the engine and gearbox 'break-in'over a period of time.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 5th December 2015 at 12:04.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 12:21   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
1. Gear vibrates (seems its grinding with something beneath) and is most noticeable on 3rd. Lethargic response by service team stating that its with most petrol vehicles
2. Kat Kat sound from the back (around boot area) whenever she goes over undulations
3. On a rare occasion, when I accidentally lugged the car at 10 kmph on the third gear, the non driver seat began to vibrate violently and was making good bit of noise along. Never saw that happening with the previous cars I've owned.
4. Recent one being the steering noise when I take U turns and also when I turn off the ignition and move the steering right to left and visa-versa.
Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having sumit.k. I thought I'd share my experience about some of the issues you shared.
1. I cannot comment on this since I own the CVT.
2. Seems to be a common problem. Even I am having that. I complained of it after the first service and I had felt it was the hatch plastic which wasn't quite well fit and insulated. The service guys added some foam and it seemed to help. Unfortunately the noise returned. I am a part of a Jazz Owners group and some members have reported he culprit in most cases is the hatch lock mechanism mounted on the hatch door. There is a white plastic covering on that and it seems it's a bit loose. Some of us have put some rubber bands (about 15-20) around that white plastic and noise reduced/eliminated. Maybe you can try that fix and see if it helps. I have put the bands today so will also check and report back.
3. Never faced it. Maybe since mine is automatic there isn't a question of lugging the engine. But in general I have not faced any issues on any kind of roads with the seats. I had it on my Ritz with a seat rattling and it turned out to be improperly locked seat. Maybe an issue with your specific car. Most likely the seat rails are causing the trouble.
4. Again never faced. My jazzy has done about 4k kms now. Steering is as smooth as butter. The only sound I get on the steering after turning ignition off is the click sound of the steering locking. But no other rattles or disconcerting sounds. Maybe the steering lock or the adjustment lever is the culprit in your case?

Other than the issues you have mentioned I had the following issues most of which were promptly resolved by the Honda Service guys.
A. Water on the front seat passenger Footwell within the first week.Turned out the AC drain pipe was improperly connected from factory. Bad QC from Honda. It was corrected by service guys in less than 2 mins. The drying out after that was the real pain.
B. Screeching noise from the brakes: Complained about this on first service and the service guys did some lubrication. Noise returned after few days. Asked the service guys to again have a look at it. They lubricated and sandpapered the brakes a bit and the sound has reduced substantially now. I have driven around 2.5k kms after that. It's only occasional now and only due to the cold weather and early morning dew here.
C. The horn is really poor. Again have read on the forum that it's a common problem with Hondas nowdays same was echoed by the service guys. My problem is it sometimes doesn't sound proper. Sounds as if only one of the horns is working, other times it fine. I have made a video of this and will show it to the service guys during the 3 month service.
D. I am getting a squeamish sound from the driver side seat belt buckle. But it's just the cold temperatures playing with the plastics here. Still will be reporting this to service guys.
Other than that the car is awesome. The ride and easy drive makes me forget everything and fall in love with jazzy again.
Cheers.
mandywanders is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 17:59   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandywanders View Post
Other than that the car is awesome. The ride and easy drive makes me forget everything and fall in love with jazzy again.
Cheers.
I too have tried putting 15-20 rubber bands around that area but of no use. Will get the steering noise checked during second service. Other than some tiny bits which irritates me sometimes, I simply love how she rides. The vehicle is certainly awesome but these small bits are spoiling the overall experience. I have a trip to Matheran planned on 24th and will be taking her to ghats for the first time. Lets see how she performs, but given the rev happy nature of the engine, I think it would be a cake walk.

Thanks all of you for sharing your inputs and helping out. Cheers!
Old 5th December 2015, 21:43   #1056

Hi Guys,

My new jazz bought around diwali time has been completely submerged in water (we had 6 feet high water in our apartment) in the chennai floods. The water has receded and I have cleaned the exterior body with wet cloth and water. The car is due for first service next week. Not sure if flood damages are covered in comprehensive insurance. Has anyone been in similar situation before? Please advice on possible next steps. I have not been able to reach the dealership due to network issues in the city currently. Any pointers are highly appreciated. We are very worried about the fate of our new car :(
Old 6th December 2015, 00:41   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_007 View Post
Hi Guys,

My new jazz bought around diwali time has been completely submerged in water (we had 6 feet high water in our apartment) in the chennai floods. The water has receded and I have cleaned the exterior body with wet cloth and water. The car is due for first service next week. Not sure if flood damages are covered in comprehensive insurance. Has anyone been in similar situation before? Please advice on possible next steps. I have not been able to reach the dealership due to network issues in the city currently. Any pointers are highly appreciated. We are very worried about the fate of our new car :(
Hi good to know you are safe. Don't worry about your car since insurance will take care of it. Please do not try starting the car. Instead call the insurance company and they'll do the rest.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 09:01   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_007 View Post
Good to know that you are safe. You don't need to worry. Just do not start the engine. I know of a fellow jazz owner from Chennai whose car got submerged and he got it towed to the dealership. All repairs were covered under insurance.
So just get the car towed to the dealership. As long as you do not start the car, the insurance will cover all damage and repairs. If you cannot get in touch with the dealership, maybe get in touch with your insurance company. Everything should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I don't know if this has happened to anyone but I managed to slip a coin through the hand brake gap while searching for change at a toll. After that I am able to hear a faint rattle occasionally from the center. I will get it removed during 2nd service.

No other noises yet. Also everyone what tyre pressures are you all maintaining? I prefer 30 Psi over company recommended 32 psi.
I managed to slip a pen drive in there :-) Got it removed a during second service. I am maintaining 32 psi for front and 30psi for the back. If the rear seat is also occupied it's 32 all round

Quote:
I too have tried putting 15-20 rubber bands around that area but of no use. Will get the steering noise checked during second service. Other than some tiny bits which irritates me sometimes, I simply love how she rides.
Have you checked the license plate and the spare tyre? Maybe they are the cause for the rattle. The license plate provided by my dealer was also creating a rattle. So I added few bits of double sided tape. Also check the hatch cladding if that is flexing. Forgive me if I have missed any of these from earlier posts. I agree that the small irritants spoil the fun. Honestly the car is so silent that even a small rattle sounds harsh. Do let us know how she performs on the trip. We will wait for your report.

Last edited by mandywanders : 6th December 2015 at 09:22. Reason: Added information
mandywanders is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 11:28   #1059

I have a problem with my clutch pedal in MT.
The clutch pedal is slightly above other pedals (brake/accelerator).

Due to this sometime I have ace in my foot and it’s really getting worse during long drive.

So I requested the service technicians to adjust the clutch level (lower the height)
But the technician replied that it’s a hydraulic system and cannot adjust the height.

Could anyone help me with other suggestions or anyone facing same issue?

I have also check few cars in showroom the clutch pedal was above other pedals.
So I’m not sure if all Jazz owners have similar issue or some of you have tried adjusting the level?
Old 7th December 2015, 19:36   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashrs View Post
I have a problem with my clutch pedal in MT.
The clutch pedal is slightly above other pedals (brake/accelerator).

Due to this sometime I have ace in my foot and it’s really getting worse during long drive.

So I requested the service technicians to adjust the clutch level (lower the height)
But the technician replied that it’s a hydraulic system and cannot adjust the height.

Could anyone help me with other suggestions or anyone facing same issue?

I have also check few cars in showroom the clutch pedal was above other pedals.
So I’m not sure if all Jazz owners have similar issue or some of you have tried adjusting the level?

Would prefer a higher clutch level. It helps in holding on to the half-clutch position especially on slopes.
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 19:41   #1061
BHPian

On a very steep ramp say underground parking of a mall, It was very difficult to rev-up the engine and get onto the road. More than 2-3 times, the car started to go backwards and for the very first time ever, I had to engage hand-brake and get it to first-gear and then rev it up so hard that the car sprung out in the ramp and kind of lost control, a bit I would say.

Jazz 1.2 IVTEC is definitely under-powered. As my earlier car Wagon R, I could do that ramp effortlessly. Has anyone else felt the same, specially with the new Jazz? I am sure it would be the case with the old one as well.

Last edited by itzvicky201 : 7th December 2015 at 19:43. Reason: Re-worded
Old 7th December 2015, 20:02   #1062
BHPian

Here is the second successful attempt I really don't understand who's after my vehicle. 2-3 weeks back, I had the fender scratched badly and now this. Spoke to the service adviser at Honda and the approx cost for Headlight is 4500 and 3500 for fender repaint. Do you guys suggest I claim insurance or pay from my own pocket? I've got 0 depreciation insurance policy from Honda/Bajaj.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151207_142224.jpg  

Old 7th December 2015, 20:12   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
On a very steep ramp say underground parking of a mall, It was very difficult to rev-up the engine and get onto the road. More than 2-3 times, the car started to go backwards and for the very first time ever, I had to engage hand-brake and get it to first-gear and then rev it up so hard that the car sprung out in the ramp and kind of lost control, a bit I would say.

Jazz 1.2 IVTEC is definitely under-powered. As my earlier car Wagon R, I could do that ramp effortlessly. Has anyone else felt the same, specially with the new Jazz? I am sure it would be the case with the old one as well.
If I understand your post correctly, you mean to say you've been trying to use the half clutch method to go up a steep ramp.
As far as I know it is always recommended to use the Hand Brake when doing a standing start on any sort of incline, half clutch would just affect your clutch's longevity.
I've not done extensive driving of the Honda VTEC engined cars but have felt a slight lack of low end torque in most cases, not sure of the new Jazz though.
Old 7th December 2015, 20:31   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post

11) NVH level are decent. I will not call them bad like many other people have pointed it out. I am very much happy with it. It can be better but then I find it pretty okay.

Things I wish I could change

2) Wind Noise is too much once you cross 130+ It was disappointing to listen to wind noise in a 9.5L car.

Overall, I am very happy with what Jazz offers me. I feel its a very good car.
I believe that NVH is exactly the same as City diesel. I had a TD of City diesel & the NVH was okay for me. Was not way too inferior than my Verna CRDI either. How is it for you particularly when you compare it with your old car.

Is wind noise too much of a bother? How well the car picks up speed say after 110 kmph? I had taken TD of a petrol Jazz for a short distance. It felt weak after 110 kmph or so. Same feeling for Baleno petrol too. Will appreciate petrol Jazz owners to comment on this as well wind noise at high speeds.

Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 01:07   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
If I understand your post correctly, you mean to say you've been trying to use the half clutch method to go up a steep ramp.
As far as I know it is always recommended to use the Hand Brake when doing a standing start on any sort of incline, half clutch would just affect your clutch's longevity.
I've not done extensive driving of the Honda VTEC engined cars but have felt a slight lack of low end torque in most cases, not sure of the new Jazz though.
Nope. I was not using the half clutch position to go over the ramp. It was just a normal way to rev up the engine if we were to climb a steep ramp. My point was that I had to floor the pedal to go up the ramp that resulted in losing control of the car, which in my earlier Wagon R would be effortless.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks