Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 16:14   #1081

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I have booked a Jazz VX (D) today and plan to take delivery on Saturday.
Congrats!!!

Which colour did you opt for? and what is the OTR?

Did you manage to get any freebies from the dealer?

Sorry for too many questions.. Just a bit excited as I am also going to book VX MT Diesel next week. The dealer, Sundaram Honda, has informed that waiting period would be 2 months (I don't mind waiting as I am looking for 2016 make). He also hinted at price hike in the new year.

Please do share your initial experience with the car..
Old 10th December 2015, 18:19   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmaji View Post
Congrats!!!

Which colour did you opt for? and what is the OTR?

Did you manage to get any freebies from the dealer?
I went for 'Urban Titanium' colour.
Cost on-road was Rs10.36 Lakhs. No discount on the price, but instead got free seat covers and floor mats (Honda Dealer MRP circa Rs10k).

There was no waiting period for me, booked the car on Tuesday and will be delivered on Saturday. The car was in ready stock at the dealership.
Old 11th December 2015, 17:22   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I've ordered the SmileDrive Cleverdog IP camera for 3500 bucks and will place it behind the window glass since it directly overlooks my vehicle's parking area. This one takes a 32gb SD card and can record up to 7 days of video before it re-writes. I better spend 3500 bucks now than to keep going through this trauma.
Dear k.sumit,

I am extremely curious about this. Could you update all of us when you have it working.

I am curious about how you are going to connect it, how you are going to access the photos, etc. Is it motion activated?

From what I searched on the internet, this seems to be a home security type and not car security type camera. I could be wrong!

I see that it has WI-FI ability. So, are you going to connect to your home or mobile or both?

Just a thought, if the person who is 'forcing' you to take such drastic steps sees the camera and desists, then I think your investment is more than recovered!

Thanking you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 07:59   #1084
BHPian

Why is there still such a long wait for Jazz especially considering the fact that its sales are on the decline every month?
Old 13th December 2015, 12:34   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
Why is there still such a long wait for Jazz especially considering the fact that its sales are on the decline every month?
Hype marketing. Like flipkart flash sales. Because of this hype marketing practice, common people think that it is a heavily demanded car and they go for booking the so called "heavily demanded car indeed"
Old 13th December 2015, 13:21   #1086
BHPian

Could any of the current owners confirm if the new Jazz is equipped with a burglar alarm system? Since we are almost on the periphery of booking a Jazz and also the fact that someone we know had their car stolen, dad had this question for me. Unfortunately, I didn't find a mention of it on the Honda website.

The scenario to be checked is: If someone locks the Jazz using the remote and unlocks using the provided key, what happens? In my previous car (Esteem), the alarm would go off and the engine would immobilize. Any pointers in this regard would be of much help.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 13th December 2015 at 13:26.
Old 13th December 2015, 14:27   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
The scenario to be checked is: If someone locks the Jazz using the remote and unlocks using the provided key, what happens? In my previous car (Esteem), the alarm would go off and the engine would immobilize. Any pointers in this regard would be of much help.
The immobilizer you're talking about in your Esteem must be a third party one which would disarm only with remote, regardless of the authenticity of ignition key. With such systems, a thief can simply get a learning remote, program it to unlock the car and can simply drive away without a hiccup.

Whereas modern cars with factory fitted security systems come with immobilizers which communicate with the original key either through a static code stored in a RFID chip of the key or a floating code which is a random new code generated by the transponder inside the key fob every time you remove the ignition key and would disarm the immobilizer only if authenticated by the last generated code which would be stored in the transponder of the original key. So, even if a burglar manages to gain entry into the car he won't be able to crank up the engine without an authentic key albeit there are certain methods to override this too.

P.S: No security system is 100% protective but using multiple safety measures such as gear lock, GPS tracking devices would definitely give the thieves one hell-of-a-time!

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 13th December 2015 at 14:39. Reason: Added text :)
Pferdestarke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 10:26   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Could any of the current owners confirm if the new Jazz is equipped with a burglar alarm system? Since we are almost on the periphery of booking a Jazz and also the fact that someone we know had their car stolen, dad had this question for me. Unfortunately, I didn't find a mention of it on the Honda website.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
The Jazz does have an engine immobilizer but there is no burglar alarm system. Unlike the Marutis and Hyundais there is no sound on locking/unlocking the car.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 20:38   #1089
BHPian

Hi Flanker99, I'm not too sure how to make this work in the car itself since it would only point forward and cant provide a 360 degree view of the vehicle. I understand that mounting it behind the glass would limit its use to my parking area only but that is where I park 99% of the time. Good part is, the house right opposite to mine (shown in the below picture) has good amount of parking space and my neighbor is pretty comfy if I park over there in case I need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi k.sumit. If I get you correctly you will be placing this camera in your house and not in your Jazz, right?

Don't you think a camera that can be placed in the vehicle itself will be much more practical and suitable? I mean, what if due to some reason you have to park your car at a different location near your house? Like due to road repairs and so on. The miscreant will have a go at it anywhere near your home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear k.sumit,

I am extremely curious about this. Could you update all of us when you have it working.

I am curious about how you are going to connect it, how you are going to access the photos, etc. Is it motion activated?

From what I searched on the internet, this seems to be a home security type and not car security type camera. I could be wrong!

I see that it has WI-FI ability. So, are you going to connect to your home or mobile or both?

Just a thought, if the person who is 'forcing' you to take such drastic steps sees the camera and desists, then I think your investment is more than recovered!

Thanking you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
Hey Girish, below is the picture of how I have presently mounted the camera I know it looks hideous but this is the best spot I could mount it at. I'm still trying to get the wiring done since I currently need to use an extension cable to provide power supply. Will mount it on the stand provided by the manufacturer once I get hold of an electrician.

The camera has good wide angle and covers my vehicle perfectly. It has motion detection and auto night mode where it provides B/W images. The biggest drawback of placing it behind the glass is the reflection of lights when the night mode turns on. It really serves no purpose unless I turn the lights on at veranda after which it works as shown in the below picture. I am still at the trial and error stage but will eventually find a way out of this. I can't place this outside since it is not weather proof and also might fall prey to theft. Since the micro-sd card is placed inside it, I don't wish to mount it in open. Its a rented house and I have to be careful before I dig craters on wall.

Regarding the alerts, it sends out pictures directly to my phone when it detects motion, while its still recording. The pictures can be accessed later even if you turn off notifications. The application designed for windows lacks functions but serves the basic purpose of monitoring. The worst part of the entire package must be the Android application, it just doesn't allow my phone to do to deep sleep mode and drains the battery in matter of hours. I read some reviews and it looks like the problem is with Samsung phones. Will try it out on my mom's phone and see how it works. I've connected it with my home WiFi and can access the recording/images anywhere I wish to over the phone. Will keep trying out more and keep you guys posted when I get my vehicle back. I registered a claim today and they'll replace headlight and repaint the fender.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-cam.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz1.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20151214082858.png

Last edited by k.sumit : 14th December 2015 at 21:05.
k.sumit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 17:06   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Girish, below is the picture of how I have presently mounted the camera I know it looks hideous but this is the best spot I could mount it at. I'm still trying to get the wiring done since I currently need to use an extension cable to provide power supply. Will mount it on the stand provided by the manufacturer once I get hold of an electrician.

The camera has good wide angle and covers my vehicle perfectly. It has motion detection and auto night mode where it provides B/W images. The biggest drawback of placing it behind the glass is the reflection of lights when the night mode turns on. It really serves no purpose unless I turn the lights on at veranda after which it works as shown in the below picture. I am still at the trial and error stage but will eventually find a way out of this. I can't place this outside since it is not weather proof and also might fall prey to theft. Since the micro-sd card is placed inside it, I don't wish to mount it in open. Its a rented house and I have to be careful before I dig craters on wall.

Regarding the alerts, it sends out pictures directly to my phone when it detects motion, while its still recording. The pictures can be accessed later even if you turn off notifications. The application designed for windows lacks functions but serves the basic purpose of monitoring. The worst part of the entire package must be the Android application, it just doesn't allow my phone to do to deep sleep mode and drains the battery in matter of hours. I read some reviews and it looks like the problem is with Samsung phones. Will try it out on my mom's phone and see how it works. I've connected it with my home WiFi and can access the recording/images anywhere I wish to over the phone. Will keep trying out more and keep you guys posted when I get my vehicle back. I registered a claim today and they'll replace headlight and repaint the fender.
Dear k.sumit,

Wow! I am looking forward to how this works out.
I hope this solves your basic problem.

Thank you for explaining this in detail. Initially, I had thought that you were going to put this camera 'inside' the car. Now I am clear.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 17:23   #1091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The camera has good wide angle and covers my vehicle perfectly. It has motion detection and auto night mode where it provides B/W images.
Sumit, this is a innovative idea.

Request you to create a separate thread with a detailed review. This may help in others also who faces similar issues. I know of another TBHPian who got his ride vandalized similar way.
Old 16th December 2015, 17:11   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Hey, that's me who got the charges waived off. Pm me your mail id. I will mail the format. The process I followed was like this.
=======
They were receiving follow up calls from the dealership offering free services, free teflons etc to make up the mind of the customer for a higher level feedback.
Thanks Mods for approving my membership...!!!
I have been going through the forum from quite some time, mainly regarding new Honda Jazz review and ownership views. I am planning to buy the Jazz V variant (Petrol) in next 2 weeks, had been to Magnum Honda in Bangalore to get the pricing details. I have few questions to Team BHP experts
• OTR is Rs 8.62 lakhs including Honda Insurance, Road tax, handling, 4 yr extended warranty, road side assistance and essential kit
• Handling charge is Rs 7,500. I did read in the blog from vishnurajanme that this handling charge can be waived off by writing to Honda directly. Do I negotiate this before booking the car, Please advise
• On tires, I want to upgrade. Please suggest an upgrade without losing out too much on FE
• On accessories, I am thinking on mud flaps, floor mats and seat cover from Honda. Please suggest for any alternative

Thanks,
Old 16th December 2015, 17:50   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
Thanks Mods for approving my membership...!!!
I have been going through the forum from quite some time, mainly regarding new Honda Jazz review and ownership views. I am planning to buy the Jazz V variant (Petrol) in next 2 weeks, had been to Magnum Honda in Bangalore to get the pricing details. I have few questions to Team BHP experts
• OTR is Rs 8.62 lakhs including Honda Insurance, Road tax, handling, 4 yr extended warranty, road side assistance and essential kit
• Handling charge is Rs 7,500. I did read in the blog from vishnurajanme that this handling charge can be waived off by writing to Honda directly. Do I negotiate this before booking the car, Please advise
• On tires, I want to upgrade. Please suggest an upgrade without losing out too much on FE
• On accessories, I am thinking on mud flaps, floor mats and seat cover from Honda. Please suggest for any alternative

Thanks,
Dear Carz77,

Please take the plunge. Congrats in advance.

There is a lot of confusion on the handling charges. Most people were not able to get it waived. Best of luck!

My opinion about the tyre upgrade - don't! If you desperately want to do it, upgrade quality tyres but do not change the size. You will find a lot of opinions suggesting a bigger tyre. I am not saying that they are wrong - in the end it is perception. If bigger tyres would have provided significant improvement, then Honda would have done it. For the sake of better FE and lower cost, they do tend to use less than optimum grades. My suggestion: take a ride in the stock tyres, then see if you can TD the tyres you are dreaming of. If you can sense the difference and want it, then DO IT!

Regarding accessories, when I got my Jazz in Oct 2015, there were a lot of suggestions which I got in this forum. You can look those up. I would suggest that you skip the seat covers. Unless, you have kids who are sure to soil the seats!

My recommendations for accessories: give highest priority to safety related ones first - reverse camera / reverse sensors. You can check out this news:

honda-connect-smartphone-app-jazz-city-and-cr-v-owners

and this:

honda-india-launches-mobile-app-communication-device-honda-connect.html

I have explained in detail the work I got done on my Jazz in my ownership thread.

I hope all this does not add to your confusion, but helps!

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by GKMahajan : 16th December 2015 at 17:54. Reason: bug found
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 17:57   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
There has been raid in Vehicle showrooms by RTO Kerala against this handling charge
http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle3179791.ece
rajesh1868 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 18:00   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
There has been raid in Vehicle showrooms by RTO Kerala against this handling charge
http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle3179791.ece

That is interesting!
I am not sure if the guidelines are same in all RTOs. I got a feeling that they are actually involved in this! I could be totally wrong! Pray!

Girish Mahajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks