Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 19:32   #1336
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Please refer to the ownership review by GKMahajan, its for V CVT but that should fulfill your requirement:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html
OT - I recently booked V Diesel and currently waiting for delivery by mid-April.
Firstly congratulations on your decision!
I did go through that review, but I didn't find much about the ICE system.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 09:57   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Firstly congratulations on your decision!
I did go through that review, but I didn't find much about the ICE system.
Dear ashishk29,

You are right! I did not put much info about the ICE.

If I get some time after office today, I will try to put some photos.

My two bits:
I use only the radio for 90+% of the time. So, I cannot comment on the quality of the overall system. I am more than happy with the sound quality. My daughter has successfully used the USB and AUX features. Once the AUX feature refused to work! She has not had a chance to try again. The Bluetooth works real seamlessly. My phone always connects easily. The volume is set from 5~10 only. While driving through the ghats or while the car is near a steel structure or container truck, I have noticed that the radio signal becomes 'weak' - quite unlike my earlier Honda City. I think this has to do more with the length of the antenna than the ICE. The City had a real long antenna and the Jazz has a very short antenna. I have seen similar feedback on this forum about the sharkfin antennas too. I have used CDs successfully too.

If you have any specific queries, then you can ask me. I am willing to try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 10:52   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear ashishk29,

You are right! I did not put much info about the ICE.

If I get some time after office today, I will try to put some photos.

Girish Mahajan
That is mighty generous of you sir. That would be great! Thank you.

I'm just curious about a few things.

- What all can the ice display? Apart from music info and rear view camera that is.

- When paired with a phone, what all functionality do we get on the screen? Like can we see notifications? Or texts? Or contacts?

- How is the call quality while using the ice for telephony?

- How convenient/user friendly is the system overall?

- does it have a night mode switch? To dim the lights that is?

I tried searching a lot about this over the Internet but couldn't find much. The official team bhp jazz review covers only the system on the vx. So was a bit in the dark about such details.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 5th April 2016 at 11:08.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 13:26   #1339
BHPian

Got an official word that the Jazz sold in India comes only with load limiter and seat belt pre-tensioner is not present. From my limited knowledge, a seat belt pre-tensioner is a must required active safety feature and I am not sure why Honda removed it in the version sold here
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 15:29   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
Got an official word that the Jazz sold in India comes only with load limiter and seat belt pre-tensioner is not present. From my limited knowledge, a seat belt pre-tensioner is a must required active safety feature and I am not sure why Honda removed it in the version sold here
From what they mention here:
Quote:
The front seats are equipped with automatic seat belt tensioners to enhance safety.
The tensioners automatically tighten the front seat belts during a moderate-to-severe frontal collision, sometimes even if the collision is not severe enough to inflate the front airbags.
I believe this is the same as pre-tensioner? The description looks to be the same.
What was your source if I may ask?

If the manual claims it, I suppose it must be having the feature.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 5th April 2016 at 15:30.
Old 5th April 2016, 15:57   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
From what they mention here:
I believe this is the same as pre-tensioner? The description looks to be the same.
What was your source if I may ask?

If the manual claims it, I suppose it must be having the feature.
Many thanks for the link to the owners manual. Even the owners manual has put a "*" for "Automatic seat belt tensioners" and the fine print for "*" reads Not available on all models!

I had emailed customer_relations@hondacarindia.com as I didn't find this mentioned in the sales brochure. As usual they directed me to the dealer. The head of sales of whitefield honda, the dealer, emailed me back with "I had checked with Honda jazz has load limiter no seat belt pretensioner".

I had forwarded this response back to the above email, and got a standard reply that this has been forwarded to the dealer

Last edited by chandras1 : 5th April 2016 at 16:01. Reason: Edited to point out even the owners manual has a disclaimer!
Old 5th April 2016, 16:45   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks for the link to the owners manual. Even the owners manual has put a "*" for "Automatic seat belt tensioners" and the fine print for "*" reads Not available on all models!

I had emailed customer_relations@hondacarindia.com as I didn't find this mentioned in the sales brochure. As usual they directed me to the dealer. The head of sales of whitefield honda, the dealer, emailed me back with "I had checked with Honda jazz has load limiter no seat belt pretensioner".

I had forwarded this response back to the above email, and got a standard reply that this has been forwarded to the dealer
I'm not entirely satisfied with the dealer's response.
And if Honda mentions it in the brochure and user manual, there's a good chance it is present!
I feel this can be clarified only by Honda themselves and not the dealers.

I've sent a mail to Honda myself. Let's see if I get any better response.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 5th April 2016 at 16:52.
Old 5th April 2016, 16:57   #1343
BHPian

Honda doesn't mention this in the brochure. The request for clarification was sent to Honda and not to the dealer. It's was Honda that forwarded it to the dealer who responded back. Please let me know of you hear back from Honda. I have emailed them once again.
Old 5th April 2016, 17:54   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Honda doesn't mention this in the brochure.
Indeed it doesn't! I hadn't noticed this before. But the Honda Jazz website does mention it. I'll surely get back to you about this if I get any reply from Honda.
Old 6th April 2016, 15:20   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Congratulations Praveen on your purchase. Can you confirm if your accelerator pedal is lower than the brake pedal in height. Do you not experience any pain during long trips in your right thigh, due to this height difference?
Thanks. Yes, I checked and the Accelerator pedal is positioned a bit lower than the brake pedal. I have not even noticed the difference until you mentioned it. It does not cause any problem for me.

Quote:

- What all can the ice display? Apart from music info and rear view camera that is.

- When paired with a phone, what all functionality do we get on the screen? Like can we see notifications? Or texts? Or contacts?

I tried searching a lot about this over the Internet but couldn't find much. The official team bhp jazz review covers only the system on the vx. So was a bit in the dark about such details.
Let me try to answer some of your queries
- The ICE in V variant, apart for song info and reverse cam, doesn't display much else other than the clock. If you turn it off, clock is displayed and when it is ON, displays the content related to the mode (USB/Aux/Radio/CD). You can set a wallpaper I believe, but I havent tried it yet. It does not display any vehicle related info.

- After pairing with phone, you can see the phone battery and signal strength from all the screen. You dont get any text or notifications. It works only with Calling though. The Phone contact is imported and you can view all your contacts and place/answer calls.

- Call quality I dont know. I wanted to test it but unfortunately till now, whenever I dialed from the car unit, the other end did not pick it up and I have not received a call yet when I'm driving.

- I would say the system is overall well build and decent in terms of performance. There are no noticeable lag and sound quality with USB audio is pretty nice for a OEM system. It might seem a bit difficult to figure out the options but Once you get a hang of the interface its pretty straight forward. The owners manual has a nice tree structure diagram explaining various options available.

- Night mode switch Yes. There is a brightness adjuster to the right of the CD slot. With this you can tune the Day time/ Night time screen brightness. Once you turn on the pilot lamps, the unit switches to night time mode and changes the brightness according to your setting. It can be turned down to be pretty dim.
praveen_v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 16:55   #1346
BHPian

Quote:

Dear ashishk29,

I know I still owe you pictures of the ICE. Sorry, I am so busy that I think I can only hope to do it during the coming weekend. Sorry once more.

To answer your questions:

The display is basic only. praveen_v has answered this quite well.

I have used the phone feature a handful of times. I have mainly received calls. The clarity is phenomenal. I have heard of units which even show messages. This one definitely does not. It shows all the contacts though. I have faced a funny situation some times. I search for a contact on the ICE and not find it! Then, I search on the mobile and dial - and hey presto - the contact and dialing information becomes visible on the LCD display! Maybe I am not really competent to use such an advanced unit!

Very good call quality. Both talking and listening.

Very easy to use. Note: I do not think I have used more than just the basic features.

It has a very good night mode setting.

I hope that is okay!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 17:09   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear ashishk29,

I know I still owe you pictures of the ICE. Sorry, I am so busy that I think I can only hope to do it during the coming weekend. Sorry once more.
No worries sir, as and when you find some time. Thanks for the information. It's good thing the call quality is great because that is important to me.
As for the contact thing, I'm good if I can even get it to set a few quick dial numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post

Let me try to answer some of your queries
- The ICE in V variant, apart for song info and reverse cam, doesn't display much else other than the clock. If you turn it off, clock is displayed and when it is ON, displays the content related to the mode (USB/Aux/Radio/CD). You can set a wallpaper I believe, but I havent tried it yet. It does not display any vehicle related info.

- After pairing with phone, you can see the phone battery and signal strength from all the screen. You dont get any text or notifications. It works only with Calling though. The Phone contact is imported and you can view all your contacts and place/answer calls.
Thanks a lot for the input! Your answer made it very clear as to what I can expect from the system. All in all, sounds like a pretty well balanced system.

I'm glad that the Jazz gets a nice colour display. Most other OEMs give very basic LED display units in all variants except the top most.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 18:56   #1348
BHPian

Thanks ashishk29, I also had the same set of queries regd the ICE of the V variant, its clarified now - thanks to GKMahajan and praveen_v inputs.

While I am waiting for my loan to get processed, went to the dealership today and zeroed in on the following accessories:
  • Premium Black seatcover
  • Parking Sensors
  • Side step illumination
  • Rear + Front Bumper protector + Side door protector
  • Honda Connect device
  • Underbody-3M

I hope the above list is enough for now - please share your inputs. I have a query regd the parking sensor though - is the original IRVM to be replaced / will I be able to see the distance in addition to beeps or its only beeps? Can one of you guys please share pics for the honda parking sensor for Jazz?
Old 7th April 2016, 07:52   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ashishk29, I also had the same set of queries regd the ICE of the V variant, its clarified now - thanks to GKMahajan and praveen_v inputs.

While I am waiting for my loan to get processed, went to the dealership today and zeroed in on the following accessories:
  • Premium Black seatcover
  • Parking Sensors
  • Side step illumination
  • Rear + Front Bumper protector + Side door protector
  • Honda Connect device
  • Underbody-3M
I hope the above list is enough for now - please share your inputs. I have a query regd the parking sensor though - is the original IRVM to be replaced / will I be able to see the distance in addition to beeps or its only beeps? Can one of you guys please share pics for the honda parking sensor for Jazz?
I think the parking sensor will have it's separate tiny display to beep and show the readouts. I don't think Honda provides the one that's integrated into the IRVM.
My Honda dealer told me straight up that Honda does not provide a parking sensor as genuine accessory. The one I would get would be after-market but since I would get it installed at the authorised dealer it won't void the warranty.
Also, get a set of floormats as well. Very useful things.
Old 7th April 2016, 10:08   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Dear dieselOmaniac,

My inputs were worth 2 bits only! But still - thanks for the nice words.

Your list seems just right.

Regarding the reverse sensors:

Initially, I thought that it would be better to get the parking sensors from outside. However, the outside guy faced a problem is fitting the standard reverse sensors. Due to the curve of the rear bumper and the way that the bumper protectors had been fitted, the sensors would have pointed down or up only - not straight and horizontal. This would have made the distance calculations wrong. I checked with the Honda dealer. Their sensors have a small 'angle'. They fitted perfectly. The distance synchronizes very well with the reverse camera.

Oh - it does not integrate with anything. A new display (very tiny) appears on your dashboard top - anywhere you like. I 'think' I have put a photo in my review.

My suggestion - go for Honda parking sensors.

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by GKMahajan : 7th April 2016 at 10:09.
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks