Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2015, 17:29   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Went for a official enquiry of Honda Jazz at Vision Motors, Thrissur, Kerala below is the gist of what happened. Planning to book a S Variant Diesel Jazz in Non metallic white

Price List is attached below.
Pay 10 lakhs for a hatch AT with a 1.2 litre engine. What is the pricing coming to???
vasudeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 17:53   #242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
But I believe other markets don't get Jazz diesel. Only India gets.
Fair point. But even then there is a difference of around 4 lakhs on-road for the top-end variants (say VX diesel). If Honda launch the 1.5 iVtec Jazz, that should still be cheaper than the corresponding variant in the City range.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 18:17   #243
BHPian

I took a test drive of Jazz VX MT petrol today at Crystal Honda, Pune.

Leg space on offer is immense. Even the drivability seemed decent and suspensions are a lot improved over Brio.

I still believe the only hatch that can truly comfortably accommodate 3 at back is Etios Liva. I was kind of hoping that Jazz would equal up to Liva on shoulder room but that was not the case.

Well saying this, I might just go ahead and book a Jazz SV MT in comming days
jeet8686 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 18:35   #244
BHPian

Okay this is just a wild thought, here it goes.

We all remember the NHC with the 77 bhp i-dsi engine. Propelling a heavy car like the City, it never felt underpowered at least at low speeds. In fact driveability was one of its strengths.

So keeping in mind that the Jazz petrol is primarily a city car, wouldn't an engine like the i-dsi make more sense?
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 18:52   #245
BHPian

The interiors of the car sold in the US is so much better than the one sold in India, but then again Honda would argue that the average price in the US is about $16K whereas in India it is about $13K! To all those who had prebooked the car, would you still consider purchasing it at this price point or would rather proceed with the cancelations?
Old 11th July 2015, 19:39   #246
Senior - BHPian

Saw a couple of cars being test driven today and my first impression is that this looks like a lot larger than what i had imagined it to be. Its got a mini mpvish look and does look a lot bigger than an I20. While the I20 is very good looking, the Jazz has a unique stance which is appealing. I am not in the market for a premium hatch but I'm sure many will buy the Jazz over the I20.
Old 11th July 2015, 20:04   #247
SKB
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Today I went to Honda show room to finally decide whether to continue my love towards Jazz or feel like an idiot for wasting my time from past one year.

As today was a weekend it was crowded with families and everybody was looking at Jazz.They had Jazz VX for the display. I was little disappointed as I brought my parents to show the car that I will be buying or wanting to buy which is CVT V.So after talking to SA for couple minutes, he told me that there is a white CVT V in the garage that is ready for delivery today.I requested for a glance and he was happy to show me the car and I even got the chance to turn on the engine.Well here is where I fell in love with the Jazz again.My dad kept asking me to turn the engine to listen the sound and it was already on.Climate control is actually pretty sweet and easy to control.Rear AC vent would have been better but it's not a deal breaker.Sound quality is actually very good.Controls and plastic quality is also good

Unfortunately they don't have CVT for test drive and I had to wait for one hour to test the manual.Initially it took some time for me to get used to and I loved the smoothness once I got comfortable.It was little noisy especially from boot side for some reason and the driver said that the tires air is filled to it's max and also the roads were bad aswell.

BTW I an your average buyer and from that perceptive I think Jazz is a very good car for automatic lovers.

Anyway here is the final price what SA gave me

Ex: Rs 803500
Tax 12% Rs 96670
Honda Assure(Compr) Rs 24962
Logistics and Handling Rs 6500

Optional Expenses

Essential Kit Rs 3000
Nil Depr Rs 6092
Extend warranty for 3th and 4th year Rs 7200
Road Side Assistance Rs 4670

Also, for some reason the tires they are using for test drive are Michelin and the one they are delivering are MRF(as you can see from the pictures).If you guys have any good suggestions for a better tire please let me know in the same dimension and also in the bigger section.

Here are couple pictures of CVT White

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153741.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153742.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153743.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153744.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153745.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153746.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153747.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153748.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153749.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153750.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153751.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153752.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153753.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153754.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153755.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153756.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-153757.jpg

Mod Note : It is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th July 2015 at 20:46.
SKB is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 20:09   #248
BHPian

I went to Capital Honda Trichy this evening with my wife. The test drive vehicle was a Jazz V MT Ivtec in white. It was pretty busy with quite a few families taking test drives. We were 4th in line and had half an hour to spare. The sales advisor was giving his pitch and we listened patiently.

Of the colours, Sunset orange he says will be available only in VX ; Golden brown in V and VX.

The other colours would be available in pretty much all variants.

We played around with the magic seats on the display car and we're pretty happy with the space on offer.

It was our turn to test drive.

The reverse camera was really impressive with a very wide field of vision.

I remarked to the SA that the car felt very light with a light steering ( my present car is a Figo ). He started "Sir that is because of the aluminum engine block. If it was a cast iron block it would be very heavy and steering wheel would not be light! " . I asked no more questions 😅

Last edited by sunsetorange : 11th July 2015 at 20:38.
Old 11th July 2015, 20:13   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Of the colours, Sunset orange he says will be available only in VX ; Golden brown in V and VX.

That cannot be possible somehow, there is a lot of misinformation, because I just took a test drive of V MT today in the sunset orange shade.
The dealer is giving this information based on his inventory. Please confirm.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th July 2015 at 20:42. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 11th July 2015, 20:43   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
To all those who had prebooked the car, would you still consider purchasing it at this price point or would rather proceed with the cancelations?
Well! I've pre-booked the Jazz and so has my FIL. With Honda placing the VX MT iDTEC close to 11 lakhs OTR, I've begun exploring other nearby alternatives (read the Ecosport TDI MT and the Vento TDI DSG), in addition to more eagerly awaiting the arrival and reviews of the S-Cross.

My primary consideration is very good city drivability with decent power for the occasional highway haul.

In summary, the Jazz is simply not appearing to be as much car per car (read a percieved mismatch between what I pay versus what I get)
pannags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 20:59   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Some excerpts from review by Overdrive
Don't mean to be rude but that's a visibly biased review and perhaps you like it because you hear what wanted to hear?

This kind of articles are a common sight nowadays - biased but kind of covered up. They state the obvious negative points but immediately explain why in their expert opinion it is not a problem at all. Example in this case their defense of the awfully undersized tires - 185 is probably decent but certainly not 175 for a car of this size and price. It is obvious that Honda cared about the ARAI figures than safety isn't?
Old 11th July 2015, 21:28   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
He got a point. The Jazz diesel's internals are the same with the City and still substantially cheaper. But then it maybe a case of pricing City higher rather than price Jazz lower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
But I believe other markets don't get Jazz diesel. Only India gets.
While the statement made by Hiroyuki Shimizu is factually correct, I think in Indian context it is baseless.

To start with, Honda is not the only manufacturer to offer hatch at a lower price as compared to its sedan sibling. Volkswagen, Fiat, Hyundai, Maruti and all others do the same. This is across segments, be it Polo and Vento or Swift and Dizre or Grand i10 and Xcent, etc.

Now why do we see this difference:
1. Sedan has traditionally been considered as upmarket and status symbol. Over the years manufacturers have been offering sedan at a premium as compared to hatch. While margins for every single hatchback sold would be minimal, it is a high volume category and hence manufacturers make money by selling higher numbers. Comparatively, sedan sells in lower number and priced higher with a higher margin per sale

2. Cars meeting a specific criteria attract lower tax. In most cases hatchbacks fall in the lower tax bracket and this is another reason for lower price.

If you consider Honda itself, while the price difference on paper between Jazz and City is about 2 lacs, the actual difference would have been 1.5 lacs. Jazz attract 12% tax as compared to City which is taxed 24%. If the tax was uniform at 24%, the price difference would reduce to 1.5 lacs

3. Manufacturers load hatchback with lesser features as compared to sedan. This helps them up sell sedan to a prospective hatch buyer at the same time the traditional belief that sedan is a status symbol continues to remain.

Lets see what City E variant offers more over Jazz E variant in petrol segment
  • 1.5l engine
  • Electrically adjustable ORVM
  • Central locking
  • Drive SRS Airbag
  • ABS with EBD
  • Dual horn
  • Driver Side Window One Touch Up/Down with Pinch Guard
  • R15 tyre
  • R15 spare tyre
  • Accessory socket
  • Trunk light
  • Eco lamp
  • Chrome rear license garnish

Now with difference in these features and a higher level of localization for Jazz, it is no surprise that it is priced lower than City

Lastly, as far as diesel segment is concerned, one can definitely argue that both Jazz and City come with the same 1.5 l engine and hence diesel Jazz should be even more expensive with a lesser price difference to City.

My hypothesis is that just like sedan, manufacturers price diesel cars higher than petrol and have a higher margin on them. Ideally there should not be much price difference between a diesel engine and petrol engine.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 22:21   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
That cannot be possible somehow, there is a lot of misinformation, because I just took a test drive of V MT today in the sunset orange shade.
The dealer is giving this information based on his inventory. Please confirm.
I thought so!
There aren't many bookings here. When I asked him the waiting period for V MT petrol in Taffeta white he said its available right now.
Old 11th July 2015, 22:48   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Following is a ranking chart I have put together comparing petrol variants of Jazz, Elite i20 and Polo. Clearly Jazz has some advantage over others when it comes Space, After sales service and Lower priced AT options but when it comes to overall package it looses out to both Elite i20 and Polo
While there is no denying that the Polo is really short on space but for the features I feel it deserves a 2 because its on par with the Jazz and also has ESP & Hill Assist among its safety net. Also, the VW's a.s.s is not as terrible as it used, the service intervals are longer but the costs I'm sure are comparatively more, so I'm kind of neutral on that aspect.

All in all, I'm a fan of the Jazz but I feel it should have been the VX variant rather than V for that kind of price. Along with that sweet turbo, way I look at it, the Polo GT stands ahead of the Jazz CVT.
tjacob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 23:08   #255
BHPian

I had been to Pride Honda to take a good look at it. For one I was not attended to and I ended up checking the car myself, and two - test drive was not available and the SA was being arrogant. Bitter experience.

Coming to the car, they were two SVs. One with all the addons - leather seats, illuminated door sills, arm rest and what not. The other one was a standard one. I admit the addons really upped the premium feel of the car. Didn't feel the same with the standard one. And I found the gear lever on SV to be quite small. It almost felt like a toy stick. Rest everything else was okay okay. The car has a van like look. Every time I saw it, it felt like a standard vehicle an American would own for his daily chores. Loads of space! That's the only thing which felt good about this car when compared to the i20. Not very impressed overall.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks