Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 19:36   #376
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
If you cannot agree with this, chillax and just unsubscribe from this thread for a while and come back after a couple of months - I request my fellow members to refrain from using statements like this. Quality of this forum is maintained by exchanging opinions and views, and having meaningful arguments. Let the discussions continue on the Jazz... And not on individuals.
Well said sir!

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 19:41   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He is sharing more of his experiences, whereas the rest are sharing their opinions, mainly based on the opinions of the reviewers! That matters. I'm sure prospective buyers will also find that useful. I can relate to every point 'adimicra' is trying to make, because I own a Jazz as well. And on the poll thread 34% seem to be favoring the Jazz to the i20. That is 1:2, which I would say is not that bad a ratio!

We all know that the Jazz with this model range and pricing will never outsell the i20. You need to love the Jazz to buy it. I'd say it still is a niche car and is not going to be a volume player. Some people love her, let them!!
When the shared experiences are neutral in nature, it helps; when it's biased towards justifying one's own purchase it isn't.
Old 16th July 2015, 19:47   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Pray tell me how does one tell a person without the comment being termed 'personal' that he's just trying to defend a product not based on it's merits/de-merits but just because he/she seems to like it?

Free to argue, yes? But you just don't seem to stop. Enough people have tried to explain I guess.
Quote:
@Geo_Ipe - One should share their opinion and move on; not argue to death with everyone who doesn't align with his/her opinion. That's where a thread becomes stale. On the same lines, I'll stop here!
Well, I defended the product yes but based on it's merits not just because I like it.
I don't know why you are upset - just because I made several posts on this thread defending the Jazz as I felt the criticism was way too harsh and one-sided for what I feel is a very competent product?

Anyways, let's move on.

I think I have made my point. So, I will indeed take a break for some time (not for months though) from this thread. I myself mentioned I was tired At least, that should make some people happy
adimicra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 20:44   #379
BHPian

Quote:
adimicra - Is there any blanket ban on stating not so good things about Jazz in this thread? :P

Jazz has a poor low end and lacks the oomph (features and interior quality) factor in comparison to the competition.
Kiku - These kind of comments are definitely not encouraged on Team-BHP. This has been a wonderful thread all this while with opinions pouring in from a lot of members. However your comment is way too personal

Please remember that the name of this thread is 'Honda Jazz: Official Review' and not 'Criticize Honda Jazz in All Possible Ways !! '

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2015 at 14:39. Reason: Quoted post edited
vijjuvk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 20:53   #380
BHPian

Well I think we need to stop fighting over which car is better, as everyone has their own opinions and requirements.

Rather, we should be happy that the Indian automotive scene has evolved to such an extent that we have world class cars that make choosing difficult. Exciting times for the Indian car buyer indeed!

I think the point adimicra was trying to make is that the Jazz may not be perfect, but it does not deserve all the flak that it is getting. I too have the same opinion.

One of my friends just booked an i20 magna on my suggestion, because I felt that the i20 would better satisfy his needs. But if I were in the market, I would probably buy the Jazz because it fulfills my needs. The Jazz is a great car, and so is the i20.

So chill out guys and to each his own! Just lets not give a car more flak than it deserves.
Aaron:) is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 21:59   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I can say is the space and packaging might be the USP but at the same time, it's not lacking much relative to competition in other areas like interiors, features (agree, I20 has morebut Jazz is fairly loaded),build quality,looks, engine, ride and handling - it's a good package overall
I will try and explain why space is not the USP here, esp. when talking of cars like I20 or Vista. When an average built Indian checks out both the Jazz and I20, I doubt he will notice the extra 20mm leg space in Jazz. Once they see that both cars offer adequate space for their need, they will start looking at other features; heck it will not even be on their comparison chart, for these things are never mentioned in the specification.
prakash_ajp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 22:44   #382
BHPian

Slightly OT - Hyundai cuts features on Elite i20 across variants - Sour Grapes ?

I am pretty sure that Honda has never done this kind of move on any of their cars. While I understand that the cuts are pretty minor like ticket holder, power outlet, leather wrapped steering etc, it shows the kind of respect shown by Hyundai to Indian buyers. Had Honda done anything similar on the City or Jazz, I am very positive that there would be a sudden spike in the number of negative comments for this thread.
Old 16th July 2015, 23:28   #383
BHPian

Am I the only one who thinks that the Jazz might eat into the City sales??

For the diesel, we have the same Engine + Gearbox combo and almost similar interior space & quality. The 'Bells & Whistles' list is also similar from my quick research. Plus, the Jazz seats you marginally higher than the City, which will help ingress and egress. At places where parking space is a premium, I guess the Jazz scores over the City.

Comparing the Diesel VX trims, the City is priced ~ 3 lac more (ex showroom) than the Jazz. So does the following equation really make sense:

(Honda City - Snob value - 3 lac) > (Jazz) ???

The Petrol is a different ball game altogether! Dunno what Honda guys were smoking when they decided to plonk the 1.2L in the Jazz, especially when the 1.5L is already doing duty in the Mobilio! Huge disappointment.

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 16th July 2015 at 23:30.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 02:19   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a chance to experience a static Jazz 2 days back.

Likes : The touch screen ACC. And that's a stunner! Anything more I recollect? No.

I personally feel the space is over rated (for a 6'2" guy). After pushing seat to the last position, I still had some space between my knees & front seat. But then that was the same case with Zest / i20. There could be slight variation, but my legs never touched the front seat in any of these cars.

Magic seats: not sure that would make a difference for me, purely need based feature.

Interior quality : Loved the power window button (after being exposed to the crappy PW switches in Maruti, this is something I keep looking to rate), but other wise a normal interior.

Salesman : Nice (enthusiastic) chap who was confident about the product. Wasn't annoying like usual folks who try to beat down other products.

Looks : Honestly, loved the white car on display. Much better than pics. The car 'looked' to have a high GC too.

Downer: The floor behind the driver seat was sloped upwards. Didn't like it & felt uncomfortable. Prefer a flat floor or a downward sloping floor.

Surprise element : A banner showing 'best price for your old car in exchange of Jazz'. The second brand new launch who I saw doing this, after Bolt! I can attribute this only to a negative thought!

Haven't driven the car & hence no further comments. For a static car, I wouldn't term Jazz 'premium' (for the 'feel'); it's simply not! And I doubt a drive would change my opinion either.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th July 2015 at 02:25.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 08:46   #385
BHPian

I live in Dubai and came for a short vacation. Was looking for a city hatch with occasional highway runs and shortlisted Jazz. Due to the extremely good opinion of I20 here on the forum decided to check out this also.
First went to Vivan Honda Kochi and saw the jazz. Good car, lot of boot space and leg space. Reasonably well built with adequate features. But was put down by the fact that they could only deliver V and not VX diesel.
Went to Mgf Hyundai and checked out the I20 active. not to my taste. Found the interior of jazz much better. Especially the blue colour plastics in the active looked a bit cheesy. Sorry but to me I found the jazz to be an overall better car. May be also it is psychological as I live I Dubai where Hyundai and Kia are still considered inferior and cheap to the European and Japanese badges.

Went back to Vivan and booked the urban titanium Jazz V diesel. Delivery expected before end of the month.

I think this car will not do well and may even be a flop like the last generation. But then it brings a little bit of exclusivity. And as some one already mention this car is one of the best selling hatches worldwide doing much better that the swifts or I 20s and therefore it won't be too bad..
Old 17th July 2015, 10:12   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
0k?

If space is Jazz's USP, then that is constant across all variants, what is so special about VX that you charge a premium. Yes, magic seats are great, you are offering a touch screen AVN, but does that justify a 50k premium over V variant?

Overall, Jazz is a brilliant product. It was one of the most eagerly awaited product which many consumers were planning to buy. Honda could have done better with pricing and its variant-feature mix to make it an impulsive buy.

Honda could have used the Jazz USP to its ultimate if they didn't try to play fools
with the magic seats. Infact it must be more difficult to get the crappy add-on seats
that they have given in the sub VX variants. Why make mockery of the premium-ness??

Also 90% of the Janta wouldn't have looked at the VX if the SV had the magic seats...
Now going by Honda strategy 90% Janta is not even considering Jazz... what a pity.
I don't mind holding everyone at Honda India marketing responsible for missing this golden opportunity to grab the market share.
WRXXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:31   #387
BHPian

Has anyone seen and taken pictures of the urban titanium metallic shade of Jazz in flesh?

I went to showroom to see it but it is not available with them right now.

Well the colors shown on Jazz website and brochure donot give an accurate representation of its colors.

Golden brown metallic is almost a black.
Old 17th July 2015, 12:21   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet8686 View Post
Has anyone seen and taken pictures of the urban titanium metallic shade of Jazz in flesh?

I went to showroom to see it but it is not available with them right now.
The Urban Titanium metallic shade is a popular color and has been there with Honda since 2011 and has been used in the ANHC and Jazz (the older one) from that time onwards.

The color itself invites another look at the vehicle. Given the popularity of the color, I have a feeling that Honda would always have it in their color palette, besides shades of White and Silver.

Last edited by indianv2 : 17th July 2015 at 12:22. Reason: Replaced 2nd instance of shade with color for a better read.
Old 17th July 2015, 13:15   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet8686 View Post
Check out this post for Urban Titanium shade in the showroom :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3750726

and this from the yard :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3735877
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 14:01   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks that the Jazz might eat into the City sales??
I'm not quite sure about the jazz eating too much of the city's sales. The city still commands huge aspirational value in our market and it does come with a few more bells and whistles - better legroom at the rear, rear ac vents, cruise control, sunroof, start stop button, more boot space.

The amaze is a whole different ball game altogether. The price difference between the amaze and the jazz amongst the variants is 10-20 thousand for which the jazz gives you a product which is better in all respects over the amaze. Only aspect it loses out on is 15L of boot space and a boot.
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks