Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2015, 11:53   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
I have booked the jazz S diesel. Now the delivery date is near, I am wondering whether I should switch to petrol.
On diesel I am paying almost 1.5 L extra considering the loan interest as well.
My daily run is around 40 kms and I figured my annual run to approx. 16K.
I don't have much realistic idea how the fuel pries are going to rise in coming 5-6 years.
Also now in Delhi this new on road permit of diesel cars limited to 10 years where as petrol ones can stay for 15 years. So resale prices will depreciate faster on a diesel after 5-6 years whereas the petrol ones may enjoy longer life hence comparatively higher resale value.
I am totally confused now. Need opinions.
Short on time!
Thanks
Hmm..it's a difficult thing to call.
16K is more like a borderline case. If you do the complex calculations, probably you will end up more confused. By the way, there are many excel based calculators available online as well as on this forum. You might want to have a look.. the calculation is pretty complex as there are several factors apart from the running cost - insurance,maintenance, opportunity cost etc etc.

I have a simple suggestion - go with the one which you like to drive more. Ultimately, that's what matters in the long run. Do you like the low-rpm drive-ability of the diesel at the cost of higher NVH or the super refinement and high-revving petrol motor at the cost of not-so-good low end torque?

If you are going for the petrol, you might want to go for the SV variant which has dual airbags + ABS along with quite a few useful features.

Best of luck!

Last edited by adimicra : 29th July 2015 at 11:55.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 20:09   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Congrats on being the first owner of the All new Jazz on Team-bhp.
Please post some day time pics of the interior as well as the exterior, your initial impressions, your decision making process etc. Or , better still, start an ownership thread
Yes, I have created the ownership post and that is waiting for the approval. Still sitting in the assembly line. Hopefully it should get pushed today. Let me see.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2015 at 09:49. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 29th July 2015, 22:52   #483
BHPian

Any idea if there is any wait period for AT V variant. Planning to buy one.
Old 30th July 2015, 12:39   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Any idea if there is any wait period for AT V variant. Planning to buy one.
I dunno about Delhi but here in Hyd its about a month for the CVTs and it might exceed depending on the color you choose.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 00:21   #485
BHPian

A great news to share with fellow TBHP'ians. Booked my first car, and it had to be a Jazz - Tafeta White S CVT. Booked it on 13th July, was told 3 months waiting period. Got a call yesterday that my car is allotted and if I want I can take delivery in 5 days.

Elation and concern, when these strike you together, you don't know what to express first. How come they are delivering my car so fast? Cancellations or just luck. I am going to the showroom tomorrow to check the car and the issue.

Any tips by fellow BHPians on this. It's my first car, so just concerned.
Old 31st July 2015, 07:06   #486
SKB
BHPian

This is happening to me as well. Payed the initial amount and got the delivery estimate in couple weeks.Got a call that car is ready
Old 31st July 2015, 09:01   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
A great news to share with fellow TBHP'ians. Booked my first car, and it had to be a Jazz - Tafeta White S CVT. Booked it on 13th July, was told 3 months waiting period. Got a call yesterday that my car is allotted and if I want I can take delivery in 5 days.

Elation and concern, when these strike you together, you don't know what to express first. How come they are delivering my car so fast? Cancellations or just luck. I am going to the showroom tomorrow to check the car and the issue.

Any tips by fellow BHPians on this. It's my first car, so just concerned.
One reason could be specific cancellation. Some one cancelled at the last moment and hence they have an un-allocated car.Did they say a condition as to full payment has to be done in 5 days? They may be trying to find someone in the booking list who can make a quick payment.

Or in general the number of bookings is not as high as expected and hence the supply is equal to the demand or there have been mass cancellations. I consider this unlikely, since it is only 15 days since you booked and the only main event that has happened is the Creta launch (Which is in a different segment all together)

The worst case scenario is that it is a car allotted for display or TD and the dealer is trying to sell it off.

I suggest you take a copy of the Team Bhp PDI list and carefully examine the car. Prior to that, ask for the VIN and confirm the month of manufacture.

Which dealer is this?

All the best
Old 31st July 2015, 10:03   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
One reason could be specific cancellation. Some one cancelled at the last moment and hence they have an un-allocated car.Did they say a condition as to full payment has to be done in 5 days? They may be trying to find someone in the booking list who can make a quick payment.

Or in general the number of bookings is not as high as expected and hence the supply is equal to the demand or there have been mass cancellations. I consider this unlikely, since it is only 15 days since you booked and the only main event that has happened is the Creta launch (Which is in a different segment all together)
I think Hyundai's decision to increase price from August 1st could also impact this scenario as I myself was contemplating between Jazz SV and Elite i20 Asta in Petrol and decided to go ahead with Elite i20 as a dealer was able to deliver me a June manufactured vehicle. Booked one Monday and took the delivery yesterday. No issues with the car considering the fact that it is in the stockyard since 2-3 weeks.
Old 31st July 2015, 10:35   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
This is happening to me as well. Payed the initial amount and got the delivery estimate in couple weeks.Got a call that car is ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Or in general the number of bookings is not as high as expected and hence the supply is equal to the demand or there have been mass cancellations.
I agree that there isn't a strong reason for mass cancellations. It could just be a co-incidence.
Or the dealers are creating a false sense of demand by quoting a wait period. And when someone actually books, they come back within a short interval saying the car is allotted. The monthly sales figures for July/August should make it clear if the demand itself is low.

Just make sure you do an exhaustive PDI and think you should be good. And be elated more than concerned. The car has been recently launched. So cases of long lying inventory and periods of misuse should not really apply to the Jazz IMO.
ashua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 11:16   #490
Senior - BHPian

How people buy it when they do not send vehicle to customer place for test drive?

Just spoke to Dakshin Honda, Singasandra dealer for test driving the Jazz. They refused to send the vehicle to Electronic city. The lady who attended the call said "if you want to test drive, come to showroom. We do not send vehicle to customer for test drive!

God bless Honda!
Old 31st July 2015, 11:39   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
How people buy it when they do not send vehicle to customer place for test drive?

Just spoke to Dakshin Honda, Singasandra dealer for test driving the Jazz. They refused to send the vehicle to Electronic city. The lady who attended the call said "if you want to test drive, come to showroom. We do not send vehicle to customer for test drive!

God bless Honda!
Very true Latheesh. I too went through similar experience. But the SA were not as arrogant. I had requested test drive from both Magnum and Whitefield Honda and I had requested them to come over to my place. SAs from both dealers politely refused and said I will have to go to the showroom for the test drive. When I asked why they will not bring the vehicle both of them gave identical responses. The response was that they have not registered the test vehicle yet and it will be unsafe for them to bring the vehicle to my place which is 12-15 kms away from theirs. When I asked them if that is the case, how will they be able to give the vehicle for TD even if I go to their place. They said that it will not be a problem and they know the safe route in their area where we can do TD without trouble.

This, to me, looks like a scam in the making. They will use unregistered cars for TD and after a while sell it off like a normal car. Since the vehicle is not registered initially, there will be not much trouble selling it off to an unsuspecting customer. I see no reason other than this as to why they have not registered the car. People have already taken deliveries and the car has been registered. So there is no road-blocks from the RTO side.
Old 31st July 2015, 12:24   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
This, to me, looks like a scam in the making. They will use unregistered cars for TD and after a while sell it off like a normal car. Since the vehicle is not registered initially, there will be not much trouble selling it off to an unsuspecting customer. I see no reason other than this as to why they have not registered the car. People have already taken deliveries and the car has been registered. So there is no road-blocks from the RTO side.
I was under the impression that temporary registration will be done only after a customers takes a vehicle. Till then, they will be in stockyard with no registration. Also, test drive vehicles use a different system where they will be registered under the dealership and hence the red number plates. Correct me if I said anything wrong but that's what I assume is the format.
Old 31st July 2015, 12:30   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
I was under the impression that temporary registration will be done only after a customers takes a vehicle. Till then, they will be in stockyard with no registration. Also, test drive vehicles use a different system where they will be registered under the dealership and hence the red number plates. Correct me if I said anything wrong but that's what I assume is the format.
Yes Classic86, you are correct. That should be the correct procedure. I am worried because even after 20 days after launch, Bangalore SAs maintains that their test drive vehicle is not registered and hence cannot be taken to the customer's place for TD. We have 3 instances of similar claims from 3 different dealers. On the other hand, Southern Honda Tirunelveli was ready to send both petrol and diesel vehicles for test drive even to places 80-100 kms away.
Old 31st July 2015, 12:32   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
On the other hand, Southern Honda Tirunelveli was ready to send both petrol and diesel vehicles for test drive even to places 80-100 kms away.
Wow! Never heard of such a thing in India. Really good service in that case.
Old 31st July 2015, 14:04   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Wow! Never heard of such a thing in India. Really good service in that case.
Honda has very less dealers in Tamil Nadu and the southern part gets only 2 dealers - Sundaram Honda in Madurai and Southern Honda in Tirunelveli. So each dealer will have to serve customers from at least 3 districts. But yes, one fact is the service there was much better than what the Bangalore dealers had to offer. The courtesy of the staff, the follow-ups was all much better than what the dealers in Bangalore had to offer. I came back thoroughly impressed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks