Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2015, 09:32   #511
BHPian

I got my Jazz SV iVtec Tafetta white yesterday. Had not prebooked it and got it delivered in 2 hours flat from when I entered the showroom cash down. Great experience at Delight Honda Mathura Road. Initial impressions of the car are positive. Was getting 19kmpl with sedate driving from Delhi to Meerut after delivery as per the MID. The ICE with its excellent Bluetooth integration is great. I got the car with temporary dealer plates waiting for it to be registered before taking it for a long drive.
ToyotaFan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 10:54   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan
I got my Jazz SV iVtec Tafetta white yesterday. .
Congrats on getting the Jazz.

I am not seeing any ownership threads yet. Can the Jazz owners start one please?
Old 2nd August 2015, 14:11   #513
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Looks like Honda has cracked Just in Time (JIT) delivery. It is wonderful to see that most of the buyers are now getting their car delivered in a few days of payment.

While this could very well be because of low demand or cancellations, I think 9000 units which Honda has shipped thus far could also be leading to this better demand management.

There are manufacturers in the past who did not ship too many units in the first few months of launch leading to long waiting time. Zest, EcoSport are some of the examples were manufacturers were slow to match demand and that eventually led to slacking demand for these cars by the time they got their acts together.
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:41   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Honda shipped 6676 units of Jazz in July which means in total it has shipped 9012 units in the last 2 months.
Thanks for the information.
That's a pretty healthy number for the Jazz. Obviously, the real picture will emerge only after 2-3 months and we will have to see where it will stabilize.

Given that there was not too much buzz about the Jazz, I don't think there will be a huge downfall in the numbers.

I think Jazz should be doing a healthy 4-5K units per month.

AS per the SA -
In Hyderabad, some colors and variants are available readily.
Most demand is for the SV followed by the VX variant.(surprised about the VX really, I thought there will not be any takers for it)

The demand for petrol is more with a sizeable percentage for the CVT (but nowhere close to 40% as stated earlier). Diesel has a more waiting period though as the supply is less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
I am skeptical about it. Based on the experiences by others in this forum, it seems that the demand is not the same which Honda expected for the Jazz. It will be interesting if Honda comes up with offers/discounts for the hatch in the upcoming festive seasons.
Well, nobody knows the truth at this moment. Things will become clear in a couple of months. But, don't try to correlate the Team BHP feedback with the market response. If Team Bhp feedback is an indicator of the market response, then Punto & Linea or even the newly launched Zest would have been blockbusters and Honda City would have been a dud. Reality is the opposite !

Last edited by adimicra : 2nd August 2015 at 15:43.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 20:31   #515
BHPian

Have booked a golden brown idtec sv variant today, have been told a waiting period of less than 2 months.
Old 2nd August 2015, 23:16   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks for the information.
Well, nobody knows the truth at this moment. Things will become clear in a couple of months. But, don't try to correlate the Team BHP feedback with the market response. If Team Bhp feedback is an indicator of the market response, then Punto & Linea or even the newly launched Zest would have been blockbusters and Honda City would have been a dud. Reality is the opposite !
Thats true about Punto, Linea and Zest. We need to wait for a couple of months to get a clear picture.
Old 3rd August 2015, 00:35   #517
BHPian

A lot has been spoken of the plastic cap where the Start/Stop button should have been. I don't want to add more fire to the debate so to speak, but i can't help say it. How much would it have cost Honda to install the whole Keyless entry and go system?

I mean potential customers would't mind paying extra for that feature given now that a host of cars have it, especially the car that the Jazz is taking head-on the Elite i20. That is a very important feature to cost-cut and unnecessary bad press has been generated for no reason. Are you listening Honda?
Old 3rd August 2015, 07:52   #518
BHPian

I am reading that Honda sold over 6000 units of Jazz on July. I generally ply in Delhi and Gurgaon; mecca for new cars; and I haven't spotted even a single Jazz on road.

Just for perspective I have already spotted at least 10 Creta's.

Anyway, Jazz has minimal waiting periods in Gurgaon and some colours/models are readily available on a day's notice. Is this due to poor demand or better production?
Old 3rd August 2015, 08:30   #519
MSC
BHPian

My observations.
1. A stick on dead pedal? On a Honda? It would've been better not to offer it at all. I am sure this stuck with adhesive dead pedal wont hold on more than couple of weeks. Just park in sun for couple of hours amd you will see it moving.
2. To keep the overall length less than 4 meters, almost every manufacturer has reduced the length of rear bumper. First in Elite I20 now in Jazz, the rear bumper is minimal. A just brush off from rear and you will end up with a banged hatch door.
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:12   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Anyway, Jazz has minimal waiting periods in Gurgaon and some colours/models are readily available on a day's notice. Is this due to poor demand or better production?
It is too early to predict the hit or miss of Jazz. Seems like it will be a challenge to retain its current numbers due to the released / forthcoming new launches. Also going by the fact it is not a true VFM package.

IMO, it will ultimately stabilize at 2000- 2500 units /month.

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd August 2015 at 09:13.
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:16   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
My observations.
1. A stick on dead pedal? On a Honda? It would've been better not to offer it at all. I am sure this stuck with adhesive dead pedal wont hold on more than couple of weeks. Just park in sun for couple of hours amd you will see it moving.
2. To keep the overall length less than 4 meters, almost every manufacturer has reduced the length of rear bumper. First in Elite I20 now in Jazz, the rear bumper is minimal. A just brush off from rear and you will end up with a banged hatch door.
Can any of the new owners post a pic for <1>? The previous one din't have one but there is lot of space to rest your foot beside the clutch.. so never felt the need of one.

Agree on <2>. I think the rear bumper of the Elite I20 is better.. at least there is some bumper.. It's absolutely zeo in the Jazz. It was the same for the previous gen Jazz as well and I have been on the receiving end a couple of times

And yes, I am yet to see a Jazz on the road in Hyderabad. Neither I have seen a Creta. My Honda dealership said they have already delivered more than 50 cars last month..I wonder where are all these cars!
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:22   #522
MSC
BHPian

Adimicra

There is a picture in official review section dear. Have a look at the pictures on the first page.

Last edited by MSC : 3rd August 2015 at 09:23.
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:25   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Adimicra

There is a picture in official review section dear. Have a look at the pictures on the first page.
I know that but I wanted to see how it looks in the production car.
And sorry, but let's not get this 'dear' 'sweetheart' business. I understand the intent of such words in this context and that is something which is against the rules and spirit of this forum. Let's debate on the point. Refrain from getting personal.

Last edited by adimicra : 3rd August 2015 at 09:40.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:12   #524
BHPian

I did happen to spot 3 new jazz in different areas of Bangalore. 2 were the diesel and 1 was the petrol.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:42   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

And yes, I am yet to see a Jazz on the road in Hyderabad. Neither I have seen a Creta. My Honda dealership said they have already delivered more than 50 cars last month..I wonder where are all these cars!
I have spotted 3 new Jazz in Pune; 2 V and 1 VX version.
Not sure if the either of the 2 V's were Automatic. Is this prominent via an Auto badge or something?

Incidently, I have seen 1 Creta doing a TD on an empty road near my home. To be fair, it looked bigger than Duster and beautiful too!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks