Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:50   #526
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
And yes, I am yet to see a Jazz on the road in Hyderabad. Neither I have seen a Creta. My Honda dealership said they have already delivered more than 50 cars last month..I wonder where are all these cars!
I happened to see 3 so far at Kukatpally, Himayatnagar and Madhapur. 2 in White and 1 in Urban Titanium. I guess we'll see more by the end of August.
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:10   #527
BHPian

I had high expectations on the new Jazz. But seems like Honda has robbed us with the quality of the car, especially the interiors. I don't know why most of the manufacturers compromise the quality when it comes to Indian market. I hope with a Honda Jazz ownership thread someone can change my opinion from the pure performance perspective of the car
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:26   #528
BHPian

While we are yet to finalise between the S CVT and the V CVT for my FIL (my booking is anyway cancelled), I got a call from the sales manager that the CVT is finally available for a test drive as they'd completed the registration formalities.

This is a good FOUR days after we TDed the CVT at the same dealership! Incidentally, I had a tiff with the SA when he insisted on an approximately 2 KM only TD.

Looks like I'll have to do a thorough PDI at the stockyard!

Last edited by pannags : 3rd August 2015 at 14:29.
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:36   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Not sure if the either of the 2 V's were Automatic. Is this prominent via an Auto badge or something?
There is no external differentiators between the Auto and Manual versions in any of the Honda cars - no badging at all
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 18:01   #530
BHPian

I am planning to buy Jazz V AT. Seems like have to wait for a month or so. Read tyre upgrade thread too, is it advisable to go for 195/60/15 for AT?
Old 3rd August 2015, 18:43   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
I happened to see 3 so far at Kukatpally, Himayatnagar and Madhapur. 2 in White and 1 in Urban Titanium. I guess we'll see more by the end of August.
I spotted 3 in Himayatnagar area this Saturday (One was a diesel, not sure about the others). I also think we'll see more of them in the next few weeks.
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:33   #532
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
While we are yet to finalise between the S CVT and the V CVT for my FIL (my booking is anyway cancelled), I got a call from the sales manager that the CVT is finally available for a test drive as they'd completed the registration formalities.

This is a good FOUR days after we TDed the CVT at the same dealership! Incidentally, I had a tiff with the SA when he insisted on an approximately 2 KM only TD.
The chaps just disconnect the speedo and also give any TDs before the PDI. Nearly impossible to catch out
Old 3rd August 2015, 20:40   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The chaps just disconnect the speedo and also give any TDs before the PDI. Nearly impossible to catch out
Now, that's really bad! Knowing what one of my friends puts a car through when he takes a TD - slams the gas pedal till the engine redlines and then applies brakes expecting to sense the ABS deploy - I'd be doubly sure to take a delayed delivery and ask for the shipping details
Old 3rd August 2015, 20:48   #534
Senior - BHPian

You might also want to check out the car in the yard
Old 4th August 2015, 09:27   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Mobilio and Amaze production to be scaled down to prioritize Jazz.

Jazz order break us is- the petrol variant stand at 60 percent, with diesels contributing to the rest. The CVT edition of the Jazz has raked in sales of 25 percent.

Quote:
Honda is facing a capacity crunch at both its Tapukara and Greater Noida manufacturing facilities; both units are running two shifts, and have reached full capacity. To match the demand for the new Jazz, the carmaker has begun juggling production at these plants.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...up-396673.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 17:29   #536

I have booked vx MT 15 days ago and was informed that Mr car shall arrive on the 10 th of Aug. The local dealer in TIRUPATI-517507 (HONDA EXPRESS) is charging 20k towards handling charges. Is this reasonable? Is there any prescribed proportion of the cost of vehicle to be charged as handling charges?. Can we confirm the handling charges from Honda? What kind of an invoice should be obtained for the handling charges?. This is my 6th car and I have never paid more than 7k towards handling even when the cost of vehicle was more than 10 lakhs. I shall appreciate any inputs\advice from fellow bhpians. Thanks for the support.
Old 4th August 2015, 19:04   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I am planning to buy Jazz V AT. Seems like have to wait for a month or so. Read tyre upgrade thread too, is it advisable to go for 195/60/15 for AT?
The 195/60 R15 is a very good tyre upgrade option for the Jazz.
But, it will have some impact on mileage and performance possibly but you have better grip.
The AT is anyway not a scorcher anyway.
If you are not a very aggressive driver, stick to the stock tyre size.
Better to upgrade the tyres to Michelin XM2 on the same size.

PS - I have been using Michelin XM2 (previously XM1) in the same size for my Jazz and I am very happy with their performance. Exchange the tyres immediately after delivery of the car to get the best resale price (go for an exchange with a good tyre dealer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo1954 View Post
I have booked vx MT 15 days ago and was informed that Mr car shall arrive on the 10 th of Aug. The local dealer in TIRUPATI-517507 (HONDA EXPRESS) is charging 20k towards handling charges. Is this reasonable? Is there any prescribed proportion of the cost of vehicle to be charged as handling charges?. Can we confirm the handling charges from Honda? What kind of an invoice should be obtained for the handling charges?. This is my 6th car and I have never paid more than 7k towards handling even when the cost of vehicle was more than 10 lakhs. I shall appreciate any inputs\advice from fellow bhpians. Thanks for the support.
This is daylight robbery. Please don't accept. Talk to Honda customer care. Tweet them, post on facebook, email them.
We need to be upright and not give in to their demands otherwise they will keep on fleecing customers

Last edited by adimicra : 4th August 2015 at 19:06.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 21:23   #538
BHPian

Test drove Jazz "V" trim last Saturday to help my friend who is looking for a hatch. Impressed with leg room at the rear. Outside of PMC area in Pune, OTR 7,93,000/= with MT. Dealer, Crystal Honda @ Wagholi mentioned, CVT version is made to order (Can't really believe) and the price difference is whopping 1.2Lakhs. With cost of MT out from this option, it's a puzzle why 1.2L over price? CVT is not a Automatic Torque Converter, so, no expensive Turbine & Pump components.

Interior plastics are not worth for a premium hatchback, but that's just my opinion! As usual, engine smoothness, Honda's signature was clear except slight juddering in first gear. We could not drive other variants to feel the same, the car that we drove ran only 570 km so far. Not sure it's one off the case!
Old 5th August 2015, 19:56   #539

I did not find any full review on internet about the CVT variant of Honda Jazz. V-CVT variant comes for 9.4 lakhs OTR here in Hyd. I visited Pride Honda for a checking on the vehicle but no CVT available for TD. I would appreciate if any one can provide the CVT performance in terms of engine and drive-ability in city and on highways. I am satisfied with the internal and external aesthetics.

Also, at the moment I do not find an alternative car with AT option and with good leg room, trunk space & dash board look and feel. One down side for Jazz is the plastic quality, it can be slightly better to give a rich feel.
Old 6th August 2015, 00:53   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Frankly, I don't think you need to worry so much..
Sometimes, that's the side effect of joining a forum like Team BHP
Just ensure you do a proper PDI and enjoy the car . One month old car is NOT an old car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
June manufactured is not an issue at all. Just do a through pdi to ensure that the car is clean. Mainly look at the odo km run and any signs that it has been used as a TD or display vehicle. Ideally the vehicle should be in their yard. Ask to see it there itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
You should be going for it as long as the PDI check fulfilles the requirement. As mentioned by fellow BHPians, insist to see the car in their yard if possible which might ease out confusion from your mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anooptp View Post
June manufactured Jazz should not be a problem since VIN indicates the manufacturing completion date at the factory in Rajasthan. Add the logistics time to Dealer in Bangalore would have taken 15-20 days. I would have gone ahead rather than wait . Assuming that a July Manufactured car would be delivered only in August. Nothing like getting the PDI done for that added peace of mind. Congrats and Happy Driving.
Thanks all for the advise. Took a complete toll of the situation and decided to delay the purchase by one month. Hopefully will get the car in September now. Had to plan a few finances so had to delay it. Will keep you all posted with any developments.

Most Viewed