Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 21:46   #556
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This just in from Honda. What raised my eyebrows was the part in bold. WOW! That speaks highly of Honda's brand value in India, in terms of trust as well as aspiration.

~Cumulative sales of over 9,000 units of all new Honda Jazz~
What this also means is that Jazz should not have any waiting period because in the last 2 months they have already dispatched over 9000 units. Even if 1000 of them are display or test drive vehicles, these 1000 units will easily get covered in this months dispatch.

I think Honda will happily settle for about 2500 units per month. Anything less would mean under utilizing their production capacity at Rajasthan.
Old 12th August 2015, 22:08   #557
Senior - BHPian

^^

That's not correct. Jazz has a waiting period of 3 weeks to 2 months depending on color and variant for most combinations in Hyderabad.
A friend who booked petrol VX in Mumbai was told a waiting period of 2 months.

Some smaller cities might have shorter waiting period.

The car is definitely being liked..let's wait for a few months before giving a verdict. But, my guess is that Jazz should be able to comfortably do 5K units per month if not more. Honda is definitely expecting 5K or more from the Jazz.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...up-396673.aspx

Excerpt from the above link -
"The new Jazz currently has a waiting period of 1-2 months and Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice President – Marketing and Sales, told Autocar Professional that the sales for the petrol variant stand at 60 percent, with diesels contributing to the rest. The CVT edition of the Jazz has raked in sales of 25 percent."

Somehow BHPians are not too optimistic about the Jazz!

Last edited by adimicra : 12th August 2015 at 22:26.
Old 13th August 2015, 06:05   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^^

That's not correct. Jazz has a waiting period of 3 weeks to 2 months depending on color and variant for most combinations in Hyderabad.
A friend who booked petrol VX in Mumbai was told a waiting period of 2 months.
I got my Jazz SV Petrol Tafetta white in 2 hours after first enquiring from the dealer. Paid the money and documents he got the car washed and delivered it real quick on 1st August. Got the plates a couple of days back. He did not have all colours and variants available and it would have taken 4weeks had I ordered anything that was not available. But most dealers have got a decent inventory and if one hunts around one should get his preferred model for immediate delivery. It's an excellent car and I do believe demand will not die down and it should settle just below the Honda city around 5-6k units.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 06:54   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I got my Jazz SV Petrol Tafetta white in 2 hours after first enquiring from the dealer. Paid the money and documents he got the car washed and delivered it real quick on 1st August. Got the plates a couple of days back. He did not have all colours and variants available and it would have taken 4weeks had I ordered anything that was not available. But most dealers have got a decent inventory and if one hunts around one should get his preferred model for immediate delivery. It's an excellent car and I do believe demand will not die down and it should settle just below the Honda city around 5-6k units.
Hey, Congrats and wish you many happy miles with the Jazz.
Since there are not many new Jazz owners in this forum, it will be great if you can share your experiences with the car and if possible an ownership thread.

I had mentioned in my earlier post that the situation depends a lot on the color/variant and the city. Smaller cities seem to have lower or no waiting period because of less demand. Where did you buy it from?

My above post is based on 2 facts -
1> My own interaction with the SA at Pride Honda, Madhapur, Hyderabad.
2> Being an active member of a Jazz owners' group, I do get to hear the experience and waiting periods for a lot of owners spanning across various cities.

Last edited by adimicra : 13th August 2015 at 07:02.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 08:11   #560
BHPian

Quote:
My above post is based on 2 facts -
1> My own interaction with the SA at Pride Honda, Madhapur, Hyderabad.
2> Being an active member of a Jazz owners' group, I do get to hear the experience and waiting periods for a lot of owners spanning across various cities.
With the frequency at which one of my friends and I have been receiving calls from the Honda dealerships in Mumbai, I am tempted to believe that the Jazz isn't faring well. The Honda peeps were spoilt by the success of the Amaze and the City but, some fantastic new launches by the competitors and the lukewarm response to the Jazz(in addition to the reducing demand for all their products barring the City to some extent) seems to have served as a wake up call.

Where the dealers had the take it or leave it attitude for the City not too long ago are really eager to sell this one! Playing the "waiting period" card is the best way to save face and in a way create an artificial sense of security in a prospective buyer that the product he/ she has chosen is in demand. With the Brio/ Amaze/ Mobilio triplets struggling to find buyers and the City(which has always commanded a waiting period of 2 to 2+months since its launch) losing some significant numbers to the newly launched pseudo-SUVs, how exactly is the production capacity being utilised for our market?

But, all this is what I think and may not actually be the case.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 13th August 2015 at 08:41.
Old 13th August 2015, 09:45   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
With the frequency at which one of my friends and I have been receiving calls from the Honda dealerships in Mumbai, I am tempted to believe that the Jazz isn't faring well.
I am not really sure if that inference is correct MetalBuff. Reason why I am saying this is, even after 1 year of launch, I still get frequent calls (3-4 calls per week - not sure whats the frequency at which you get calls) from the Hyundai showrooms in Bangalore - I had shown interest in i20 at the time of its launch and visited 2 showrooms and left my details at both places. I believe i20 is one of the most sold cars.

Then why bother calling someone who has not visited the showroom for a long time? Why consider someone who has not even taken a test drive from their showroom for so long?? (I took my test drive in Susee Hyundai Tiirunelveli). On the contrary, I get calls at a lesser frequency from the Honda showrooms I visited. I get more calls from Magnum Honda whom I never visited than from Whitefield Honda I had visited. I would attribute this to a more enthusiastic sales team. Yes, they might be desperate to sell because of low demand - but that might not be the only reason. Cheers!!!!
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 09:55   #562
Senior - BHPian

Looks like lot of Amaze buyers are moving towards Jazz. I went to check Jazz in my home town, saw few customers checking Jazz, couple of others checking City, and no one bothered about the Amaze parked next to it. Will be interesting to see Amaze numbers next few months.
Old 13th August 2015, 10:18   #563
BHPian

For those of us that were looking for a small automatic, the Jazz actually is a step up from the i10 grande, Brio etc. The i20 was never in the running to begin with and when it was announced this seemed like an obvious decision. I'm not saying we are in the majority - but the small car automatic market (non enthusiast) have their minds pretty much made up for them when it comes to the Jazz.
Old 13th August 2015, 10:45   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
For those of us that were looking for a small automatic, the Jazz actually is a step up from the i10 grande, Brio etc. The i20 was never in the running to begin with and when it was announced this seemed like an obvious decision. I'm not saying we are in the majority - but the small car automatic market (non enthusiast) have their minds pretty much made up for them when it comes to the Jazz.
I totally agree with you Reihem. Especially with Polo TSi as the only other option in the segment, Jazz will be the only car in picture for someone who needs space on the rear. Jazz's iVTEC + CVT is no where close to the TSi + DSG combo, but Polo has almost no space in the rear with the driver's seat positioned for taller drivers. Jazz could have got much more sales if they had given magic seats in CVT as well. A lot of prospective buyers who checked out the Jazz, including my wife, felt the seats on the lower versions to be less comfortable compared to the magic seats. I am sure some of them would have decided to dump the Jazz because of this. I am one of them - I did not like the HU and the Aux, USB cables inside glove box in VX. Also, I did not like the rear seat in V. Both the variants seemed to be a compromise and hence Jazz is currently out of my list.

I mean, how much more ironical can this get - I buy Jazz for the space and comfort if offers in the rear, but the variant available to buy does not have a comfortable rear bench

Last edited by Vigkey : 13th August 2015 at 10:50.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 11:31   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I totally agree with you Reihem. Especially with Polo TSi as the only other option in the segment, Jazz will be the only car in picture for someone who needs space on the rear
I think with the Aspire launch, this becomes a little more complicated. The Aspire will be significant alternative to check out for those looking for a AT especially the Jazz.

The Aspire is cheaper than the Jazz (Am still not sure how they managed to price a 1.5 + DCT equal or cheaper than all others in the segment), is well loaded with features, comes with better performance and a dual clutch gearbox and quality levels are pretty similar.

Jazz would be more spacious in the rear, but apart from that I don't think it has any major advantage over the Aspire.

All the other Compact Sedan AT's have too much of a compromise. Amaze with its basic interiors and features, Xcent with its old school gear box and Dzire with an old school gearbox + lack of safety features.

So in the 8L Ex-showroom AT space, I think it will/should be a fight between the Jazz and the Aspire. The GT TSI is anyway for a niche audience.

Side Note: A very capable Zest Diesel AMT is also around 8L Ex-showroom. A very capable AT somehow not getting the attention it deserves.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 19:39   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I think with the Aspire launch, this becomes a little more complicated. The Aspire will be significant alternative to check out for those looking for a AT especially the Jazz.

For me a compact sedan doesn't compete with a large-ish hatch. I would go far as to say that it compromises on what a hatch brings to the table. The Aspire as a primary car maybe. But as an additional car I don't think it makes sense.
Old 13th August 2015, 20:04   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, Congrats and wish you many happy miles with the Jazz.
Since there are not many new Jazz owners in this forum, it will be great if you can share your experiences with the car and if possible an ownership thread.

I had mentioned in my earlier post that the situation depends a lot on the color/variant and the city. Smaller cities seem to have lower or no waiting period because of less demand. Where did you buy it from?
I bought the car from Delight Honda Mathura Road. They had Tafetta white in SV Petrol S CVT and SV Diesel for ready delivery. Other variants and colours would have taken 4weeks. I will be posting my initial impressions once I complete 1 month with the car. It cost me 7.15 lakh on road Delhi (50% NCB used) which to me seems like a decent deal.
ToyotaFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 21:47   #568
Senior - BHPian

For people considering the CVT version of the Jazz,
I found the link really useful to understand more about it .

Honda says it's more advanced than a conventional CVT.

http://www.honda.co.nz/technology/driving/jazzcvt/

Last edited by adimicra : 14th August 2015 at 21:48.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 01:12   #569
BHPian

Hello to all.

I will just let the pictures do the talking.

Brought her (silver Jazz VX MT, petrol) home on the 1st of August. Registration completed within 6 days of full payment.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150814_093344_m.jpg

Price quote given by Linkway Honda.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0584.jpg

Accessories installed.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0582.jpg

Treatment done at 3M.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0583.jpg

Rear view mirrors protected with PPF (difficult to make out the film).

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150814_093330.jpg

Door edges protected with PPF (done free of charge by 3M).

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150814_093302.jpg

Original Honda seat covers (rear seat covers have cutouts for the 'Magic Seat' levers).

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150814_093444.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150814_093453.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150814_093404.jpg

Really strange thing. My Jazz is shod with MRFs. Quite sure that the VX on display had Michelins. Even vprabu sir's VX has a different brand. Will enquire about this during the 1st service.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150814_093318.jpg

Looking forward to interacting with fellow Jazz owners!
Flanker99 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 08:04   #570
Senior - BHPian

^^
Many congratulations and wish you all the best.
Regarding tyres, Jazz and City come with different tyre combinations like Michelin/Bridgestone and MRF.
You could have asked for Michelins or Bridgestone before delivery itself.It could have meant that your waiting time would have been more.
When I got my Jazz baby, I had specified Michelins and I had to wait a little more for those but I got one eventually.

My suggestion is to change the lousy MRF's to Michelins NOW. You will get the best resale for the MRF tyres when they are new. I would imagine a set of 4 of Michelin XM2 would cost you around 22K and if you go for exchange, you can get it done within 10K. Michelins have much better grip and comfort and also less road noise. The XM2's also have tougher sidewalls than the previous XM1's ..I am using them and very happy with the results!
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed