Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 13:27   #616
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

@ SKB, I had asked my Honda sales consultant about the underbody engine protection shield. He said it can be done, but it's upto the user to do it or not. Not sure what he was trying to say. I will ask the service personnel when I go for the 1st service next week. I asked the same question to the 3M guys who seemed more knowledgeable. They said the weight might affect FE. Besides that open space does really help in engine ventilation.

The only issue is the warranty should not get void due to any such installation. Besides, the memories of the Nano fiasco is still fresh in my mind (fires in the engine compartment). Although that was due to electrical accessories.

Btw, Jazz does look gorgeous in dark colours.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 13:43   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Spare tyre is MRF.I requested for bridgestone but looks like all vehicles have the same one. Atleast the one I checked.
Are you sure? I have never heard of a car with two brands of tyres out of factory, even for a stepney.
Old 24th August 2015, 13:57   #618
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Are you sure? I have never heard of a car with two brands of tyres out of factory, even for a stepney.
May be I am wrong.I just checked couple out for delivery cars and they all had MRF even though one was apollo and other was bridgestone
Old 24th August 2015, 15:43   #619
BHPian

Quote:
May be I am wrong.I just checked couple out for delivery cars and they all had MRF even though one was apollo and other was bridgestone
If I am not wrong even teamBHP review said the same thing. The spare is a MRF.
Old 24th August 2015, 19:09   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
@ SKB, I had asked my Honda sales consultant about the underbody engine protection shield. He said it can be done, but it's upto the user to do it or not. Not sure what he was trying to say. I will ask the service personnel when I go for the 1st service next week. I asked the same question to the 3M guys who seemed more knowledgeable. They said the weight might affect FE. Besides that open space does really help in engine ventilation.

The only issue is the warranty should not get void due to any such installation. Besides, the memories of the Nano fiasco is still fresh in my mind (fires in the engine compartment). Although that was due to electrical accessories.

Btw, Jazz does look gorgeous in dark colours.
About the engine guard, I am not sure if it is required.
I have driven my car for 5 years 55000 kms and have not faced any issues. And I know many Jazz owners and none of them have faced any issue due to the lack of this.

So, I don't think you need to worry so much.
Also, I think it might be the same case in the City as well which has sold a lot of units.

If the engine is vulnerable, then Honda would have done something for that. I think we should trust the manufacturer on this. The diesel might have some vulnerable components for which Honda has provided the engine guard.

May be some experts can chime in..

Last edited by adimicra : 24th August 2015 at 19:11.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 19:59   #621
BHPian

I visited Dakshin Honda, Bangalore last weekend for a Jazz TD, and today I received an SMS from Dakshin Honda that prices of Honda Cars are being revised, and to book on or before Aug 30th.

Anyone heard about an upcoming Honda price raise, or is this a tactic to get me to sign up faster ?
Old 24th August 2015, 20:36   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
About the engine guard, I am not sure if it is required.

Also, I think it might be the same case in the City as well which has sold a lot of units.
+1 to that. I have had the City for about 5.5 years now and not encountered any issue due to the lack of an engine guard.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 22:29   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,Finally got my Jazz last week.This is Golden metallic CVT V version

Congrats man, the Jazz surely good in that shade, its quite unique and in a very special way, doesn't look odd like the Orange. I like orange but the on the Jazz just looks a bit strange to me.

I was at Sundaram Honda (Ranigunj) few weeks ago hoping to test drive the CVT V but they said the td car is not available, only manual cars.

I'm guessing this is the new 3M car care at Minister Road. Did you get the car seats from them as well ? It looks good.

How is the CVT working out for you ? Pick up wise when compared to the manual ? How bad/bearable is the coasting (rubber-band effect) ?
Old 25th August 2015, 00:57   #624
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Congrats man, the Jazz surely good in that shade, its quite unique and in a very special way, doesn't look odd like the Orange. I like orange but the on the Jazz just looks a bit strange to me.
Thanks mate.It sure looks great especially when it hits that sun light.You can see that gold flakes on the reflected area

Quote:
I'm guessing this is the new 3M car care at Minister Road. Did you get the car seats from them as well ? It looks good.
Yes it is from minister road but the seat cover was done from an other place near my home.
They charged me 6500/- for covers + service + reverse horn + perfume

Quote:
How is the CVT working out for you ? Pick up wise when compared to the manual ? How bad/bearable is the coasting (rubber-band effect) ?
Personally, I am loving it.It feels a lot better during those neck to neck traffic. Only time I felt the rubber band effect was during slow traffic on flyovers. Other than that it was smooth for me. BTW I am not a big road chaser so maybe it varies if you like to make sharp overtakes.
Old 25th August 2015, 19:55   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys

Finally got my Jazz last week.This is Golden metallic CVT V version
Here are some pics for you guys to look at
Changed my seat covers to black.If not my son will

Final look, I went with fabric and leather combo.Love it
PPF for side body.If not 3m car is giving me free PPF for door handles and door edges
SKB, congratulations on your new chariot. Looks first class from the outside & the inside. Please tell me where you got the black-grey cloth-leather seat covers from. Was it the Honda dealer or is 3M now providing these? I really love the look of those new seats covers. My Jazz is over 5 years old and I have been looking for the right seat covers for a while and Honda in NCR never seem to have any.
Old 26th August 2015, 01:12   #626
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
SKB, congratulations on your new chariot. Looks first class from the outside & the inside. Please tell me where you got the black-grey cloth-leather seat covers from. Was it the Honda dealer or is 3M now providing these? I really love the look of those new seats covers. My Jazz is over 5 years old and I have been looking for the right seat covers for a while and Honda in NCR never seem to have any.
If you live in Hyderabad.Go to minister road and you can find similar seat covers every where.Just ask for fabric and leather combo and they will give you big palette book to choose from.

If you want to spend little more.Go to Car sonic in minister road.They have a similar one for 12000 /- but looks amazing and quality is great.
Old 26th August 2015, 12:58   #627
Senior - BHPian

Caught a Jazz in lovely silver on Dinnur main road very early in the morning. Owner had got down for a smoke so that gave me a chance to check it out. My next colour preference would be the titanium. Orange looks different and gives it exclusive status, but I wouldnt like to see it daily. Your thoughts on colour?
Old 26th August 2015, 13:52   #628
BHPian

For some unknown reason, they discontinued their usual Red color. The earlier edition's Red Jazz looks really great and has very sportive look. Honda, please bring back the Red color.

Last edited by Wildy : 26th August 2015 at 13:55.
Old 26th August 2015, 13:57   #629
Senior - BHPian

I had a chance to see all the colors of the Jazz in the dealership.
Colors is a very personal choice. My order of preference is -

Orchid pearl white > urban titanium > red > tafeta white> silver> brown >orange.

The orange color looked dull to me though it looks pretty catch in the ads. The golden brown color is good in sunlight but looks a bit dull otherwise.

I agree that Honda should have provided more sporty colors for the Jazz - the earlier rally red and the royal blue shade available internationally should have been offered.

Attaching 2 pics of the Jazz in red and clue - looks drool stuff to me

Honda Jazz : Official Review-3830820_orig.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-hondajazzhybridyorii009.jpg

Last edited by adimicra : 26th August 2015 at 14:02.
adimicra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 14:28   #630
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I agree. Both colours look dandy. Wonder why Honda omitted these colours. The present red makes it look a decade old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I had a chance to see all the colors of the Jazz in the dealership.
Colors is a very personal choice. My order of preference is -

Orchid pearl white > urban titanium > red > tafeta white> silver> brown >orange.

The orange color looked dull to me though it looks pretty catch in the ads. The golden brown color is good in sunlight but looks a bit dull otherwise.

I agree that Honda should have provided more sporty colors for the Jazz - the earlier rally red and the royal blue shade available internationally should have been offered.

Attaching 2 pics of the Jazz in red and clue - looks drool stuff to me

Attachment 1407669

Attachment 1407668

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks