Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2015, 18:57   #631
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Attaching 2 pics of the Jazz in red and clue - looks drool stuff to me
Attachment 1407668
Totally agree with you Adimicra. The Jazz looks super cool in Red. Highly unfortunate that Honda India decided to skip this color. There is a high probability that these color(s) might be introduced during the face lift, which should be easily about 12 to 18 months down the line. Having said that, I hope Honda does not follow the MSIL strategy of adding some stickers and claim that it is a face lift.
Old 27th August 2015, 09:27   #632
BHPian

Booked a Jazz V CVT at Magnum Honda, Kanakapura Road, Bangalore

it seems there is 2 months wait period for VCVT version.
Total of 93 cars getting delivered on varmahalakshimi festival.

the head of magnum said that the demand for CVT has gone up from 25% to 48%.
Orange which was used as advertisement car, has wait time of 4 months.
All other dark colors Red, Golden brown have wait time greater than 2 months.

Gave three color options, Red, Silver and White. Silver and White V CVT version available in 30 to 45days time. SCVT versions available immediate. SCVT is poorly equipped and hence didnt booked it.

Deal is as follows
Ex Showroom: 8,03,500
Road Tax: 1,33,364
Insurance: 24321 - 10340 (NCB Transfer) = 13981
Extended warranty: 7200
Road Side Assistance: Did not take
Essential Kit: did not take
Car care: Did not take

Accessories requested, yet to be added: Seat Covers, Hand rest

Happy for the choice. :-)

Had a phenomenal experience selling my i10 IRDE Magna,

placed an ad for 2007, 71K run, decent maintained at 4:30PM for 2.2 laks.
Sold it in 3 hours, with cash paid for 2.15

Atleast was getting 30 missed calls during each call,
Four people waiting in line with cash to take the car.

I was wondering who will they sell it and what price will they sell it. Cos the inflated price for such a car is 2.2laks, which is due for tyre change and timing belt change and no seat covers.

Took a full details from that person, his voter ID card copy, cash receipts and delivery receipt confirming his responsibility over the car.

Is there a thread on such a phenomenon? i mean what should we ensure while selling the car ?

Last edited by groom : 27th August 2015 at 09:28. Reason: updated
groom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 10:22   #633
BHPian

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on Team-BHP. I've been pouring over all these reviews on this forum for the last month or so as I (very soon) will be in the market for a diesel vehicle with a budget of about 9 Lakhs. Right now, at least in my mind, the competition is between the Honda Jazz, Hyundai Elite I20 and the Ford Figo Aspire. We already have a dzire at home and hence, I am not interested in acquiring another Fiat 1.3 engine.

It is a tough choice but I am inclined to go with the Jazz at the moment. Hopefully TDs of all the cars will solve my problem.

Thanks for the wonderful review of the Honda Jazz! and "adimicra" for your passionate defence of the same on this thread!
nivatakavacha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 10:25   #634
BHPian

I also Booked Taffeta White Jazz last week. Expected Delivery on Monday or Wednesday.

I have booked VX Diesel model. Super Excited.
Old 27th August 2015, 10:32   #635
BHPian

Hi DieselTorq,

Can you tell me which dealer in Chennai you got your ride from? and how was the dealership experience?

Thanks in advance!
Old 27th August 2015, 13:43   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groom View Post
Booked a Jazz V CVT at Magnum Honda, Kanakapura Road, Bangalore
Planning to sell my car as well. On which portal did you place your ad?I think you got a fair price for your car.

Last edited by ampere : 29th August 2015 at 21:55. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
Old 27th August 2015, 15:01   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
Planning to sell my car as well. On which portal did you place your ad?I think you got a fair price for your car.
I put it on OLX and Quikr. Wash you car neat and fix some minor niggles and prep her up a little. All the best.
Old 27th August 2015, 16:51   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Hi DieselTorq,

Can you tell me which dealer in Chennai you got your ride from? and how was the dealership experience?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Mate,

I was served by CAPITAL HONDA,OMR.The dealership experience was good and There are 2 good hearts who will be always ready to help you at this showroom.
1.) Mr Aharnish - Sales Quality Manager and
2.) Mr. Devanand - Sales Lead.

Kindly reachout to them and they will do the needful for you.
DieselTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 21:56   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The Honda Jazz has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 5.31 - 8.59 lakhs (ex-Delhi).
Thanks for the wonderful review Suhaas.
This was one of the car I was considering along with Creta and S-Cross (although S-Cross didn't appeal to me due its design/looks) from the recently launched pack of vehicles. Currently I drive a 2009 Verna and for some reason I want to move away from the sedans and look at hatchbacks/SUVs. So I was very interested when Jazz was announced. First disappointment came in when the price was announced. I anticipated the price of the top end Diesel to be around 9L OTR.

I took a test drive at Pride Honda Madhapur, Hyderabad.
- Immediately as I stepped into the Jazz I noticed the space. It is the most spacious hatchback in this segment with acres of room all around - Quite a large boot for a hatchback, enormous knee room in the back seat
- Magic seats on the top trim
- Drivability of the Diesel in low speed traffic with minimum gear shift requirements.

Dislikes:
- For a car of 10.3L OTR (top end Diesel) the interiors felt pretty lame
- The interior fit and finish and plastics looked quite cheap for a premium hatchback.
- Severe cost cutting measures by Honda was disappointing- No start stop button even at this price, rather a hideous plastic cap to cover the hole where it was supposed be.
- Petrol I heard was not powerful or rev happy motor
- The overall exterior finish was ordinary with figment gaps more than acceptable.
- Most importantly the NVH levels of Diesel were pretty high for a car in this modern era (2015). Honda has been through 3 models of Diesel vehicles (Amaze, City, Mobilio) and I would expect them to fine tune and reach a better refinement by now. Unfortunately the progress is rather slow.
- One more point is about the dealership than the car. I had to wait for almost 1 hour to get the test drive. It was not due to lot of customers, rather the vehicle has been out on a TD and the associate kept saying in 10 mins it will available.

If the fit & finish, interior quality and NVH levels were a step above than what's on offer now on Jazz, I would've took plunge. But as my list of dislikes was longer than likes I chose to decide against it.

I'm still looking for other options with Creta ( although much more expensive, I feel it justifies the price), To be launched New Figo, MS YRA. Will make a decision by end of the year to buy one early 2016.

Last edited by ampere : 29th August 2015 at 21:55. Reason: Fixed Quote Tag
Old 28th August 2015, 14:03   #640
Senior - BHPian

Believe it or not, I saw the new Jazz for the first time on road today

It was a golden brown color IDTEC V variant.
When I saw the same color in the showroom without much light, the color didn't look good to me..it looked dull. But in sunlight, this shade looks fantastic as the golden color comes to lfe.

Also, I was impressed by the road presence of the new Jazz considering it's size. It looked pretty huge from the rear..more like a crossover than a hatch.

@thatsdileep,
the petrol is very rev happy motor, the most rev happy in it's class. The low end is a little slow to respond though.

Regarding interior and exterior fit and finish, if you can post some pics, it will be good. I saw the car in flesh a few times and the fit/finish looked pretty good to me. Some places, the panel gaps are a bit large for my liking but that's true for most cars in this segment. The interior design and all depends on personal taste. I found it to be average and lacking cohesion.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 14:52   #641
BHPian

To my surprise, I haven't seen even a single Jazz Diesel on Delhi NCR Roads. I am sure the petrol engine is ultra refined, and Jazz booking numbers also shows about 60 % petrol. Waiting to meet the first Jazz Diesel on roads.
Old 28th August 2015, 23:32   #642
BHPian

I've just seen one Jazz on Chennai roads and another on being offloaded at the dealership
Old 29th August 2015, 10:55   #643
BHPian

I have seen 3 Jazz so far in Mumbai over the past 3 weeks. Carnelian red, Golden Brown Metallic and Alabaster Silver Metallic.

All colors look smashing and does stand out from others. Golden Brown Metallic is what I saw parked in my companies parking lot at Godrej IT Park, Vikhroli. Anyone in this group who owns that?
Old 29th August 2015, 16:15   #644
BHPian

Took delivery of my V CVT yesterday. I personally love the burnt orange colour and feel its a nice refreshing change to the normal colours. Anyone looking to get the Jazz in orange should remember that its a non metallic colour and should be charged the same as tafetta white - inspite of what showrooms/ sales advisor's claim.

Also recommend the armrest very highly. This is from aliexpress, costs about 36 USD delivered. The fit, finish and quality of the product is excellent.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150829_145516.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150829_145442.jpg  

SneakyFunk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 16:50   #645

I have been fortunate to see several colors of Honda Jazz in my resident community as well as in my office in Hitech City, Hyderabad. I agree with others about it looking absolutely dashing in white, red and urban titanium. I also personally think that sunset orange and golden brown appear best in sunlight and lose a lot of their charm inside parking areas, etc.

And 'adimicra' stole words from my mouth by saying that it resembles a crossover from behind rather than a hatch It would be very interesting if Honda launches a cross based on this platform (ala i20 active)!
UsualSuspect is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks