Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2015, 20:58   #646
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hello to all.

Viewed from this angle, doesn't the Jazz resemble an MUV (Innova, anybody?) rather than a crossover.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0588.jpg

I really hope that Honda doesn't bring out a Jazz 'crossover' by adding bull-bars, roof rails, and other such 'rugged' looking kit. The Jazz (not just the current generation but any of the previous generations) follows a very unique design philosophy. The i20 Active looks decent enough because the i20 follows a different design philosophy altogether. The Jazz on the other hand will just not look 'correct' with such 'rugged' looks. But then this is just my opinion.

I have always believed that Jazz is a vehicle that has been designed from inside out (like WagonR, Xylo?), hence the unique look.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 00:01   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
Took delivery of my V CVT yesterday. I personally love the burnt orange colour and feel its a nice refreshing change to the normal colours. Anyone looking to get the Jazz in orange should remember that its a non metallic colour and should be charged the same as tafetta white - inspite of what showrooms/ sales advisor's claim.

Also recommend the armrest very highly. This is from aliexpress, costs about 36 USD delivered. The fit, finish and quality of the product is excellent.
Many congratulations to you, my friend! I believe this is the first V that we have here so, would be great if you could compile an ownership report for all of us here

Wishing you a zillion happy miles and neon (just like her color) smiles for the years to come

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 30th August 2015 at 00:02.
Old 30th August 2015, 01:45   #648
BHPian

Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
Took delivery of my V CVT yesterday. I personally love the burnt orange colour and feel its a nice refreshing change to the normal colours. Anyone looking to get the Jazz in orange should remember that its a non metallic colour and should be charged the same as tafetta white - inspite of what showrooms/ sales advisor's claim.

Also recommend the armrest very highly. This is from aliexpress, costs about 36 USD delivered. The fit, finish and quality of the product is excellent.

Congratulations and the color looks smashing. I think the armrest you got is VFM and will be very useful. You definitely jazzed up your Jazz's interior with that armrest.

Many Happy miles ahead and be safe.
Old 31st August 2015, 10:53   #649
BHPian

Took delivery of Taffeta white Jazz SV Petrol (manual).
Love the looks and design.
Love the space.
Love the interior quality, fit and finish.
Things that I didn't quite like:
3rd gear driveability is very bad. In traffic conditions, downshifting is needed to pull the vehicle.

The extra features seem missing but all essentials are present so cannot complain. At 7.6L OTR, the package looks good.
Will try to compile an ownership review.
Old 31st August 2015, 12:23   #650
BHPian

Upgraded my wife's Maruti A Star automatic to a Tafetta white VCT Honda Jazz, love the practicality and space in the car.

Getting Scuff Plates and DRL's fixed today with 3M CR70 for the Windshield
Old 31st August 2015, 20:08   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Took delivery of Taffeta white Jazz SV Petrol (manual).
Love the looks and design.
Love the space.
Love the interior quality, fit and finish.
Things that I didn't quite like:
3rd gear driveability is very bad. In traffic conditions, downshifting is needed to pull the vehicle.

The extra features seem missing but all essentials are present so cannot complain. At 7.6L OTR, the package looks good.
Will try to compile an ownership review.
Congrats and welcome to the Jazz family

I agree with the lack of response in 3rd gear at low rpms. I have got used to it mostly but I understand your issue. I was driving a Santro earlier which had good low end response and short gear ratios which made it easy to drive in the city. For example, if you drive the Santro at 20 kmph in 3rd gear, it will pull through happily. Same thing when I tried in the jazz, I was disappointed. For Jazz, you need to upshift the gears a little later. Normally, the rpm range of 2000-3000 is a good place for the Jazz where you get a good balance of power and mileage. For example, shift to 2nd @ 20kph, 3rd @ 40 kph, 4th @55-60 kph, 5th @70-75 kph. So, when you accelerate from 20 to 35-40 kph and then slow down to 20 kph (common scenario in city driving condition), you stay in the 2nd gear throughout and don't shift up or down. I have been following this mostly and the car delivers very respectable mileage as well.

To summarize - The Jazz petrol is slow below 2000 rpm - mostly observed in 3rd gear, gives a good balance of power and mileage between 2000 and 3000 rpm, and gives superb acceleration above 3000 rpm all the way till redline of ~7000 rpm with a drop in mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Upgraded my wife's Maruti A Star automatic to a Tafetta white VCT Honda Jazz, love the practicality and space in the car.

Getting Scuff Plates and DRL's fixed today with 3M CR70 for the Windshield
Congratulations and wish you and your family many happy miles with the Jazz.
Looks like white is the most popular color for the Jazz. And Honda seems to have produced a lot of white colored Jazz's as well because all the dealerships seems to have the white color quickly available while the orange/brown ones have a longer waiting period.
Good choice of accessories as well. Honda has provided the provision for DRLs in the fog light housing and those will definitely look cool. Would like to know where you are sourcing the DRLs from and what's the cost.
There is a lot of interest in the Jazz CVT and frankly, there is a lack of information about real life driving experience about the Jazz CVT. So, it will be good if you can share more details about the driving experience with the Jazz CVT for the benefit of the readers here.

Last edited by adimicra : 31st August 2015 at 20:20.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 18:13   #652
BHPian

I have Jazz V CVT, and very disappointed with horn provided. Its single piece and sound is very low as well. I want to upgrade to Bosch set. Have one query, how to convert one supply into two in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
There is a lot of interest in the Jazz CVT and frankly, there is a lack of information about real life driving experience about the Jazz CVT. So, it will be good if you can share more details about the driving experience with the Jazz CVT for the benefit of the readers here.
Jazz CVT, Ease of driving I would say rather fun to drive. With paddle shift, which can be used in D and S mode add some life to it. D mode is normal mode with required acceleration and change gear around 1500 + rpm. But Paddle Shift comes for rescue at that time.

S is more fun to drive compare to D. More power at your hand. Both modes take time to come to speed from stand still. And once in motion S takes over D very quickly. But overtaking we have to use paddle shift otherwise its hard to guess who will win the race.

Overall, mixed experience for a driver who drives Polo TDI and CVT daily.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd September 2015 at 09:39. Reason: merging posts. Please use the edit or multi-quote option if posting within 30mins on same thread.
Old 1st September 2015, 18:50   #653
BHPian

Hi - Does anyone have any feedback on the Fuel efficiency of the Jazz CVT? We have a V CVT which is used 70 percent city and 30 percent highway. The Fuel efficiency so far has been 11.5 kmpl. The car has done less then 3000 km overall. Our Vento TDi driven similarly has given a FE of 17kmpl or higher. Is the low FE of the Jazz something to do with our particular car? Just wondering because the claimed FE by Honda is 19 kmpl, which is higher on the CVT compared to the manual. Thanks.
imjimmy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 20:36   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
Hi - Does anyone have any feedback on the Fuel efficiency of the Jazz CVT? We have a V CVT which is used 70 percent city and 30 percent highway. The Fuel efficiency so far has been 11.5 kmpl. The car has done less then 3000 km overall. Our Vento TDi driven similarly has given a FE of 17kmpl or higher. Is the low FE of the Jazz something to do with our particular car? Just wondering because the claimed FE by Honda is 19 kmpl, which is higher on the CVT compared to the manual. Thanks.
Real world efficiency of CVT's are generally much lesser than the claimed ARAI rating. Typically the rubber band effect of the CVT results in a lot of wasted revs in our typical city driving: start-stop-quick acceleration-brake driving style.

I think the efficiency will improve as the car settles down, but I would not expect more than 13-14 max in city driving conditions.
Old 1st September 2015, 21:10   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I have Jazz V CVT, and very disappointed with horn provided. Its single piece and sound is very low as well. I want to upgrade to Bosch set. Have one query, how to convert one supply into two in this case.
Quote:
Jazz CVT, Ease of driving I would say rather fun to drive. With paddle shift, which can be used in D and S mode add some life to it. D mode is normal mode with required acceleration and change gear around 1500 + rpm. But Paddle Shift comes for rescue at that time.

S is more fun to drive compare to D. More power at your hand. Both modes take time to come to speed from stand still. And once in motion S takes over D very quickly. But overtaking we have to use paddle shift otherwise its hard to guess who will win the race.

Overall, mixed experience for a driver who drives Polo TDI and CVT daily.
Thanks for sharing the information.
By the way, I though the V variant came with dual horns (even mentioned in the brochure). Is it different for CVT? How's your FE?

I think Honda needs to do something immediately with the AVN unit of the new Jazz as I am hearing negative feedback about it. Is it such a difficult thing to get right?
The problem is that no other variant comes with magic seats.
So, what does a customer do?

I think Honda should immediately replace that AVN unit with something better and offer magic seats in V or V(O). Will increase the value proposition of the car and also the desirability.

I also heard that Honda is increasing prices for all it's cars. Not sure about the Jazz though. Hope they don't do it for Jazz.

Also, Jazz sales is down to 5400 from 6600 last month. Will be interesting to see where it settles down. I am guessing in the 4K range.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 21:24   #656
BHPian

I have moved from 175 width to 195 for her shoes. It drastically change the grip control and added comfort too. I selected P1 Pirelli 195*60*15. Didn't notice any Mileage before the change, but this time came around 10 on highway.

Few thing which has been added. Dolphin seat cover (black), 3D matt, 90/100 Head Lamp, rear parking sensor (needed by father) and lastly planing to add Bosch horn and mud flaps. I think will survive with these for sometime.
Old 1st September 2015, 23:06   #657
BHPian

Quote:
I have moved from 175 width to 195 for her shoes. It drastically change the grip control and added comfort too. I selected P1 Pirelli 195*60*15. Didn't notice any Mileage before the change, but this time came around 10 on highway.

Few thing which has been added. Dolphin seat cover (black), 3D matt, 90/100 Head Lamp, rear parking sensor (needed by father) and lastly planing to add Bosch horn and mud flaps. I think will survive with these for sometime.
Hi, how much did 3D mats cost you? And did you install relays with headlamps upgrade ??
Old 1st September 2015, 23:11   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Hi, how much did 3D mats cost you? And did you install relays with headlamps upgrade ??
Rs 750 here in Delhi. No relay being used in headlamp. I would not recommend 3D though. As it obstruct the accelerator paddle, I have to cut to make a way for it.
sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 23:27   #659
BHPian

Can anyone post some snaps of the interior of the honda jazz E and S varients? Especially the instrument cluster and music player. Am planning to take a jazz for my dad. He just need the engine. Nothing else.
Old 2nd September 2015, 08:54   #660
BHPian

I am thinking of ordering the DRL's from the below link.

Any feedback and information on alternatives could be good. Please post.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-S...444_5,201409_1

Name:  Honda Jazz DRL.png
Views: 5723
Size:  482.6 KB

Name:  Honda Jazz DRL_1.png
Views: 5687
Size:  186.6 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks