Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 11:35   #676
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anooptp View Post
I beg to differ here on the Jazz Diesel NVH levels.. to give you my background. I have acquired all new Jazz Diesel and already run 5000 km in last 3 weeks. have traveled couple of times with my family on Bangalore-Ernakulam-Bangalore Stretch.
Very well written Anoop and I completely agree with your views. Jazz is indeed a wonderful car with excellent drivability for both Petrol and Diesel motors. While the petrol motor might be slightly sluggish at lower RPM, the drive is simply awesome at higher rpms. It's depressing to see people comparing Jazz to tractors and sumos.

Last edited by ampere : 7th September 2015 at 00:37. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
vijjuvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 11:40   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the updated price list from Whitefield Honda.

JAZZ -SEP- 2015.pdf
Old 5th September 2015, 12:24   #678
BHPian

Seeing lots of All New Jazz on roads last couple of days here in Bangalore. Most of them I have seen on the parking lots are CVT V variants , Golden Brown, Red Pearl and White. Yet to see the Sunset Orange.
Old 5th September 2015, 15:45   #679
Senior - BHPian

The only orange ones I've seen are test drive ones . Off topic, seen a lot of XUVs in Orange, so that colour seems to have clicked there.
Old 5th September 2015, 19:56   #680
BHPian

One thing that has always bothered me is the Avg. Fuel Efficiency & DTE meters on my old Jazz. DTE is completely vague towards the end of fuel range (last 100 kms it shows) while the fuel efficiency meter is around 1-1.2 kmpl above my tank full to tank full calculations which is around 12 kmpl. I have not changed tires since mine are stock Michelins. How are these meters accuracy in new Jazz cars? Also, how are these meters on the old Jazz? Few of my friends who have the old version say even theirs is vague. Any idea how I can tackle this problem?

Last edited by ampere : 7th September 2015 at 00:38. Reason: Formatted post
Old 5th September 2015, 23:33   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
1 thing that has always bothered me is the Avg. Fuel Efficiency & DTE meters on my old Jazz. DTE is completely vague towards the end of fuel range (last 100 kms it shows) while the fuel efficiency meter is around 1-1.2 kmpl above my tank full to tank full calculations which is around 12 kmpl.
I have not changed tires since mine are stock Michelins.
How are these meters accuracy in new Jazz cars? Also, how are these meters on the old Jazz?
Few of my friends who have the old version say even theirs is vague.
Any idea how I can tackle this problem?
It should be 1-1.2 kmpl above the tank full to full method.

Tank full to full method = fuel used by the engine while running, and also all those fuel which got evaporated due to heat
ECU FE Indicator = Fuel used by the engine while running alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
This is the Jazz E MT. Notice no variant badging at the rear?
Also the black chrome strip looks WAY better.
Attachment 1390405

Long-type antenna at the front, instead of the stubby ones seen on higher variants.
Attachment 1390407

E MT's steering wheel.
Completely devoid of silver/chrome inserts, and any buttons.
Attachment 1390409

A black, removable plastic covering for the HU's section.
Also notice the aircon knobs and the manual lever to choose inside/outside air flow.
Attachment 1390410

One of the most useful section in this thread. I strongly believe, manufacturers should list the missing features like chrome inserts missing, chrome garish missing etc in their specs website. They hide all these things these days. Variant wise information must be made a mandatory listing on all manufacturer websites. From next review onward, if possible team bhp guys can include these information as well.

Now the questions.
  1. Is the S variant having that chrome garish, or just the black garish? Piano black garish looks much cool compared with the chrome one.
  2. In the 2nd pic, we can see a Jazz with a shark fin type of antenna. If I take a EMT Jazz, will it be possible to replace the long antenna with a sharkfin type fixed at the rear end of the car?
  3. Is the S variant too devoid of all chrome inserts etc in the dash?
  4. I noticed that the gear knob lever of the Jazz EMT looks like a maruthi 800 gear knob. Is it the case for the S variant too?
  5. Last but not least, I cannot see a display on the speedo section of the car. Will the EMT surely show average mileage?
  6. Nb: Had to ask all these questions here due to the pathetic honda dealership in my area. They haven't even seen the EMT it seems.

Last edited by vishnurajanme : 5th September 2015 at 23:37. Reason: update
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 14:49   #682
BHPian

Will I be able to fit all those chrome inserts in the interior after getting the jazz Emt? What will be the cost of the same? Also my dealership told me, the price of the jazz is increased now. Can anyone tell me about the updated price of the new jazz e, s and sv?
Old 6th September 2015, 15:19   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Can anyone tell me about the updated price of the new jazz e, s and sv?
I think you should check their website for the ex showroom price in your location:

here you go: https://www.hondacarindia.com/ownahonda/pricelist.aspx
Old 6th September 2015, 17:33   #684

I am waiting eagerly for my petrol jazz in Trivandrum. Booked it almost like a month back from Perfect Honda and now they are telling me that the color I booked (carnelian red) is in huge demand and that I will have to wait longer :(
Old 6th September 2015, 19:11   #685
BHPian

Sujit, am from chengannur. I just checked for the waiting lists at chengannur, cochin and thrissur. Everywhere the least waiting period they tell is 1.5 months minimum. So don't worry. You still need to wait a lot more. Also, u can ask your dealership guy to show the waiting list. Of course, friends and family of the dealership guys gets more priority. Means, you just moves down in the queue. Why don't u try another color like the steel grey. And yes, just found out. Honda silently increased the price of this thing. The starting price is now 5.5 lakhs and the v cvt petrol, it is 8.06 lakhs. Diesel goes all the way up to 8.8lakhs.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 20:04   #686
BHPian

Just came back after 490 km Thrissur - Kannur - Thrissur trip.
One thing to be said is fuel economy of Diesel Jazz is one of the best I've seen and is as promised . A approx 500 km trip at Rs 1000/-!!! (less than Rs 2 per km)

A good day for my wallet

Quote:
Of course, friends and family of the dealership guys gets more priority. Means, you just moves down in the queue.

Honda silently increased the price of this thing. The starting price is now 5.5 lakhs and the v cvt petrol, it is 8.06 lakhs. Diesel goes all the way up to 8.8lakhs.
Well I had a different experience at Peninsular Honda, Cochin. They were professional and delivered car with in 20days as promised at the time of booking.

Sorry guys hard luck on price increase, feel bad for the customers in waiting.

Last edited by johannskaria : 6th September 2015 at 20:11.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 22:51   #687
BHPian

Picked up my Orchid Pearl White SV IDtec Jazz on the auspicious day of Onam. Very happy with the experience so far (touchwood). Had initially booked the Golden Brown but changed it when I saw one on road, somehow dark colours make the JAZZ look smaller. Happy that I made the swtich.

Coming to the most debated point, I for one strongly feel that the diesel engine noise is not a deal breaker and people are getting carried away by calling it industrial, tractorish etc. Coming from petrol Hyundai's (Santro and I10), I find the diesel engine to be quite refined, perfect for slow city commute and the occasional burst with just a tap of the accelerator. It has given me 18.4kmpl in the last one week of only city driving.

Nothing more to add which has not been said in the forum, will be glad to answer questions if any. Sharing one pic from the delivery day.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz-first.jpg
Eraser is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 23:19   #688
SKB
BHPian

Hi Guys, two small things that I wish Honda included in Jazz CVT. This may not be for everybody but I am truly missing the illuminated lights on the gear markings .I know that I can see it in odometer and I might get used to it eventually but even my 2000 toyota corolla had it(my first car).
Central locking system.I have to lock it manually every time I enter my car. I have to check this in manual.
Old 7th September 2015, 10:02   #689
BHPian

My colleague is in the market for a car and I tried to talk him into test driving the Honda Jazz but his first reaction was, "Oh No, that diesel is loud."

He has driven the Amaze earlier and the NVH was really bad on that car, it seems. Honda needs to start advertising that they taken steps to reduce NVH levels in the Jazz and City. Otherwise, it would be a pity.

I told my colleague about this and now, he is at least willing to TD the car. Honda needs to step up their marketing in this regard since they know that they diesel engine is slightly on the louder side and they need to lure potential buyers into their showroom.
Old 7th September 2015, 10:42   #690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One of the most useful section in this thread.
Thank you.

Quote:
Is the S variant having that chrome garish, or just the black garish? Piano black garish looks much cool compared with the chrome one.
Chrome garnish is standard from S MT onwards. Only the E MT gets the black garnish.

Quote:
In the 2nd pic, we can see a Jazz with a shark fin type of antenna. If I take a EMT Jazz, will it be possible to replace the long antenna with a sharkfin type fixed at the rear end of the car?
Should be. Need to plug the hole in front of the roof, and make one at the rear portion.

Quote:
Is the S variant too devoid of all chrome inserts etc in the dash?
You mean silver-finish inserts on the AC vents and front console? They are there in the S MT.

Quote:
I noticed that the gear knob lever of the Jazz EMT looks like a maruthi 800 gear knob. Is it the case for the S variant too?
The gear knob of the S is the same as the SV - with silver finish. The E MT gets the black-colored gear knob.

Quote:
Last but not least, I cannot see a display on the speedo section of the car. Will the EMT surely show average mileage?
Yes it will.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed