Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2015, 14:38   #811
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

The reason for foggy windows has to do with temperature and the air’s moisture content. On a cold day, any moisture in the air inside your car — from passengers exhaling, from snow on your boots, etc. — turns to condensation when it hits air next to the windows that’s below a certain temperature, called the dew point. The condensation is what makes your car’s windows appear foggy. On a hot, humid day, the opposite happens, when the muggy air outside your car reaches the dew point against your windshield after it’s cooled by your AC system.

When the temperature and moisture level outside are greater than inside the car, moisture will condense on the exterior of the car glass. In this situation, the trick is to increase the temperature on the inside of the car to accumulate less moisture on the outside. Keep the following tips in mind:

For a quick fix: Use your windshield wipers. This will help get rid of the condensation until you’ve balanced out the temperature.

Warm up your car: Turn down the AC to the lowest (least-cool) setting to increase the temperature without it becoming too uncomfortable. If this doesn’t work, turn the AC off completely.

Leave recirculation off: As stated above, it’s a good idea to turn off your car’s recirculation feature to battle foggy windows, so the temperature and moisture levels in your car begin to equalize with those outside.

In addition to the above, try and get your wiper blade checked in case if they are leaving a uniform layer of mist after the wipe.

Hope it helps.
grevvity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 14:49   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Anyone else has faced this issue? If yes, what was the reason and solution?
I am yet to have a word with the service centre to get this sorted.
Yes i also faced the issue. Havent faced this in my other cars (Innova and Fortuner). I also have a jazz ivtec SV. Any solution for this will be highly appreciated.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 16:42   #813
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand the long waiting periods for the Jazz particularly the VX variant. The monthly sales of Jazz are down by 10% and here we have people people waiting for 3-4 months.

One reason could be that Honda has less margins on VX as the magic seats probably are pretty costly to manufacture and hence Honda intentionally is doing this so that people end up buying the V variant.

Another reason could be that Honda is taking time to fix some issues reported in the AVN system of the VX variant.

Also, if you visit a Honda showroom, dealers are pushing the Amaze and not the Jazz. So, it's clear the margins on the Amaze are much higher than those on the Jazz.

Not sure though..any other possible reasons?
Old 5th October 2015, 18:39   #814
BHPian

@admicra - It is very frustrating indeed to get into a indefinite waiting period. Checked with my dealer again today to see any possibility for a Oct month end delivery. It seems there were less number of VX MT allotted to my dealer. Checked with a few other dealers as well and their response is also the same "Waiting period - 3 months". However, if you are ok with Tafetta White then it is readily available, atleast with my dealer.

Jazzer's unable to wait are now getting pushing themselves to V variants to get a quicker delivery. But seriously, not able to think Jazz without Magic seats which is its biggest USP.

I am now seriously re-thinking on my booking and working out a next choice [Ciaz - ZXI]. Maruti is offering cash discounts and also bundling deals on accessories. Have an appointment with SA from Maruti stables. Keeping fingers crossed and will do a hard-nosed negotiation to get the best of festive offers. At the same time, will hold on to my Jazz booking as I am unable to let it go.

TBhpians - This might sound ridiculous in comparison (Jazz vs Ciaz) , but seriously it is finally down to it. Is it worthy enough to trade Jazz for a Ciaz?
Old 5th October 2015, 19:50   #815
BHPian

Completed the 930 km run from Delhi to Indore and also got the first service done. Here are some of my observations:

1. Low beam is decent but high doesn't inspire any confidence. Considering Osram night breaker to get better visibility on highway.

2. Ride quality is pretty composed up to 80-100 km/h but looses it at 120 km/h. I never felt it was planted above 120 km/hr. Within legal limits, the suspension does the job perfectly and soaks undulations perfectly. I personally love to cruise between 90-100 km/hr to enjoy the drive and get the maximum fuel efficiency. Breaks do a good job, so does ABS.

3. The km/l figure stands at 18.4 with AC turned on during the entire trip. I am very happy with that. City figures vary between 13-14 km/l. Figures quoted using the information available on MID. I made sure I set the trip to 0 before making a move.

4. Slight vibration felt on the accelerator pedal while touching 80 km/hr but soon disappears once you get above it. I found the engine note to change right after that and its exactly then that the vibration disappears. By the way, the engine note at high RPM is superb.

5. I find some of the plastic areas to be prone to scratches even with a light hand wipe using microfiber cloth. For e.g. I tried removing dust on the inside part of the AC knob and immediately noticed scratches once I was done. So is the case with the glossy finish surrounding the music system.

Coming to the service experience, I only found one service center in Indore and reached there well before time to avoid long queue. I was asked if I had an appointment booked and the SA immediately turned into a cry baby once I responded negatively. Upon request, my car was taken in for service and I was advised to book an appointment for the next, once due. The major issue I had since delivery was the vibration in third gear which was checked at Delhi and now in Indore too. Both had the same opinion and asked me to ignore it since "its made that way". The SA at Indore went a step ahead and offered me a TD of Amaze and City which had the same intensity of vibration with city being worst of the lot. I have put this issue to rest at the moment but will closely observe it. Cleaning/washing left a lot to be desired but the overall experience was decent.
k.sumit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 21:09   #816
BHPian

Guys, need a quick help.

Last weekend a friend had come over to see the car and while I was explaining the costing to him he mentioned that the dealer (Hallmark Honda) was incorrect to charge me VAT on the LBT (Local Body Tax). According to him the sequence of taxes is first excise, then VAT and then Octroi/LBT. So there is no concept of VAT on LBT according to him.

Secondly he also mentioned that the state government has abolished LBT in Maharashtra from 1st July for most dealers (not just cars) and the LBT charge itself might be incorrect (they have not given me tax receipt for the LBT).

When I confronted the dealer with this they said that both things are valid and legal. They said that while LBT has been abolished, they are not exempted due to their turnover.

I am still suspicious and when Honda called me for feedback I gave poor rating to the dealer saying I have issues with some of the charges. So the dealer called me and their GM Sales tried to explain it to me and offered a meeting with their CA. I refused as their CA would not say anything different. They again called today and said they are offering me a 4th interim service free and asked me to sign a letter which says that all my concerns have been resolved to my complete satisfaction. I have refused to sign the letter. Their sales representative in passing mentioned that this VAT on LBT is not a standard practise across dealers and they themselves have been doing it since 1.5 years ago after some raid at another dealer. I said to him that LBT itself is just 1.5 years old and so no raid is possible 1.5 years back to which he became defensive. This has made me even more suspicious. The VAT on LBT is around 5k and the LBT amount is around 35k.

Any advice on what I should do?

Thanks!
Old 5th October 2015, 21:51   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
@admicra - It is very frustrating indeed to get into a indefinite waiting period. Checked with my dealer again today to see any possibility for a Oct month end delivery. It seems there were less number of VX MT allotted to my dealer. Checked with a few other dealers as well and their response is also the same "Waiting period - 3 months". However, if you are ok with Tafetta White then it is readily available, atleast with my dealer.

Jazzer's unable to wait are now getting pushing themselves to V variants to get a quicker delivery. But seriously, not able to think Jazz without Magic seats which is its biggest USP.

I am now seriously re-thinking on my booking and working out a next choice [Ciaz - ZXI]. Maruti is offering cash discounts and also bundling deals on accessories. Have an appointment with SA from Maruti stables. Keeping fingers crossed and will do a hard-nosed negotiation to get the best of festive offers. At the same time, will hold on to my Jazz booking as I am unable to let it go.

TBhpians - This might sound ridiculous in comparison (Jazz vs Ciaz) , but seriously it is finally down to it. Is it worthy enough to trade Jazz for a Ciaz?
Which dealership are you referring to - Dakshin / Magnum or Whitefield? I was told that wait time is 2 months for Orchid White Pearl. Per my knowledge, allotment happens at beginning of the month. Hence I believe if car is not allotted by 1st week of the month, then will have to probably wait till next month.

As rightly stated by Adimicra, through the sales of Jazz has seen a dip month on month, the wait time should have ideally reduced, however things are exactly opposite. Dealerships are trying to push Amaze/Mobilio by intentionally increasing the wait time for Jazz. Honda is digging their own grave with this strategy.
Old 5th October 2015, 22:03   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post
Guys, need a quick help.

Last weekend a friend had come over to see the car and while I was explaining the costing to him he mentioned that the dealer (Hallmark Honda) was incorrect to charge me VAT on the LBT (Local Body Tax). According to him the sequence of taxes is first excise, then VAT and then Octroi/LBT. So there is no concept of VAT on LBT according to him.

Secondly he also mentioned that the state government has abolished LBT in Maharashtra from 1st July for most dealers (not just cars) and the LBT charge itself might be incorrect (they have not given me tax receipt for the LBT).
Your friend is right, there is no VAT on LBT. LBT is calculated after VAT is applied.

I have asked the same question about LBT charges in PDI thread, but havent' got a reply from anyone.

Check
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...k-list-35.html

LBT is applicable of the turn over is over 50cr. Now its fair to assume that car dealer will be having that turn over.

What I am not getting is how do I know as a consumer if my LBT charges have actually got paid to ex-chequrer? In the days of octroi, there was an octroi paid receipt, what do we do in LBT?

It would be interesting to see if there are any other dealers in Mumbai who are doing turnover of less than 50cr, if they too are charging LBT, then god save us.

Please keep us posted.
Old 5th October 2015, 23:16   #819
BHPian

Mine is Magnum Honda Mekhri circle for a sunset orange color. The waiting period is given as 3 months for orange, urban titanium, carnellian red for VX models here.
Old 7th October 2015, 17:21   #820
BHPian

From my earlier post:

Quote:
I have booked the car on 23 Aug 2015 and I have been promised that I will get it before 22 Oct 2015. I guess, if I had pushed it, they would have committed an earlier date. However, since I am in no particular hurry (I am going to have a hard time parting with my City!) and with pitrupaksh till 12 or 13 Oct, anyway I have to wait!

I drive about 12000 km per year and I guess I will have a lot to share with this group after I get my Jazz V CVT.
On the happy relationship that I have enjoyed with Deccan Honda of Pune, I do not anticipate any real issues. However, now I know that I have this forum to help me - thanking you in advance!
Further to this, I have just been told that my car is 'confirmed' in this month.
I 'may' get this around 20 Oct 2015. I am super happy.

Just a request for guidance from this group:
What accessories should I buy?

My wish list includes:

Armrest console - I am looking forward to this since I did a test drive of the Scorpio. This was further confirmed during my Zoomcar drive of XUV.
[u]Front bumper corner moulding[u] For protecting my car from small accidents.
Rear bumper corner moulding For protecting my car from small accidents.
Side protector For protecting my car from small accidents.
Mud Guards - I would have expected Honda to give this! But, .. no comments.
Transparent Mats - I am not sure if this is better than the black Mats. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Step Illumination This looks real cool. However, I am not sure how long it will last!
Rear Parking Sensors - The car comes with a good camera. However, I felt that this is still necessary. What do you think?

For the present I am using a friend's suggestion and not going in for any cushion covers. The original material felt nice and comfortable. If needed, then I can always add later.

I have some time to decide. However, knowing from past experience, it makes a lot of sense to bounce such ideas with my wife and daughters. All of them have their own opinions (which I respect) so to be fair to all, I have to 'submit' this list to them with details of 'why'. Even if you contradict/oppose/laugh at/cry/etc to the list - I am like a beggar here and will bless you from the bottom of my heart for all your inputs.

Waiting for the bouquets and brickbats which can come with the suggestions!

Another quick question - Does it make any difference if I get a car loan from ICICI Bank directly or via the dealer?

Girish Mahajan
Old 7th October 2015, 19:18   #821
BHPian

I own a Jazz SV variant.
Recently I noticed that while playing a few tracks the bass from speakers crack. This happens even with bass and treble setting right in the centre.

If I further reduce the bass speaker sound doesn't crack. However, this hampers listening experience.

I tried to check if it was a problem with the tracks by listening them on headphones, but there they sound perfectly.

Is this something that is happening on all Jazz's or mine is an exception?
Old 7th October 2015, 19:41   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
From my earlier post:

Further to this, I have just been told that my car is 'confirmed' in this month.
I 'may' get this around 20 Oct 2015. I am super happy.

Just a request for guidance from this group:
What accessories should I buy?

My wish list includes:

Armrest console - I am looking forward to this since I did a test drive of the Scorpio. This was further confirmed during my Zoomcar drive of XUV.
Transparent Mats - I am not sure if this is better than the black Mats. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Step Illumination This looks real cool. However, I am not sure how long it will last!
Rear Parking Sensors - The car comes with a good camera. However, I felt that this is still necessary. What do you think?

Another quick question - Does it make any difference if I get a car loan from ICICI Bank directly or via the dealer?

Girish Mahajan
Congrats and wishing you all the best to get your car at the earliest. I have the V CVT in my radar too and will eagerly look forward to your thoughts and opinion once you get your ride.

Regarding the accessories, I think the armrest can be obtained form aliexpress for a much cheaper cost (around 3-4k) instead of OEM which will set you back by 16k. You can fit it by yourself. More details can be found at member vprabhu's thread HERE
Rest of them are simple items which you can get with your dealer or even outside without issues

As for the loan, as long as you get the same interest rates and terms, it does not really matter as to where you get it. However, you might save some reasonable amount if you try to get the insurance from outside rather from the dealer.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 19:43   #823
BHPian

Quote:
From my earlier post:

My wish list includes:

For the present I am using a friend's suggestion and not going in for any cushion covers. The original material felt nice and comfortable. If needed, then I can always add later.

Girish Mahajan
1. Armrest - Definitely a need for me too but I find the pricing by Honda to be insane. Try ordering one from aliexpress. A couple of members have ordered it and one of them is using it.

2. Corner & Side moulding - I too ordered it but had to cancel it at the last moment because my dealer asked for 2-3 days of time to get it painted. The total price for side and bumper F&B moulding costs 6000 bucks which is again pretty high in my opinion.

3. Mudguard - My dealer did not have them available so I got them fitted outside. They are of decent quality and costed 400 bucks. Dealer charges 1500 and I'm sure the fit and finish of OEM guards would be a lot better.

4. Transparent/Black foot mats - Hard to recommend since the quality is pathetic and no way worth 1500 bucks they charge for it. Max they deserve is 500 bucks. I got 3M nomad mats but they are pretty expensive. Would recommend aftermarket ones.

5. Step Illumination - Looks fantastic and OEM fitment should last the distance. I've seen one at the dealership but don't have it on mine.

6. Rear parking sensors - I am presently doing without them since the camera seems sufficient. I still recommend it since they would only aid to the ease of parking. OEM costs 5400 bucks and I am sure you can get them outside for 2500 to 3000 bucks. Do some homework before you finalize accessories.

7. I got the OEM jacquard black fabric covers and am happy with it. At the end of the day, its a personal choice since I preferred all black interior. You can always get them at a later stage when the need arises. Aftermarket covers from Dolphin etc are good too.

8. I would highly recommend 3M under body protection/anti rust treatment done right after the delivery. I preferred to get it done directly from 3M rather than Honda. 3M has also come up with a silencer coating at a discounted prices of 1124. Not sure how effective it is but I got it done.

Getting the Honda Jazz was already a stretch for me since I initially ventured out with a budget of 6-6.5 lakhs OTR. I only went for accessories which I though were important at the moment and will slowly add to it once my pockets are refilled
k.sumit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 21:36   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Do go for these. I have a VX, agreed it doesn't have the V's multiview camera, and I still find parking a nightmare (I have a habit of backing into the parking spot) after more than 2 months of driving. The C pillars are really very thick.

Honda's sensors just emit beeps. There are after market ones that tell the distance in meters.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 22:32   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

I had written to Honda regarding the logistics and handling charges charged by Whitefield Honda but I didnt get a reply. I sent a reminder email which elicited a response from them and was followed up by a call from the showroom. The call was along expected lines - mandatory charge, fully legal, everyone pays it, wasnt it explained to you during the sales process (and hence, why are you asking now) etc.

I explained my experience with Ford India on the same issue and asked the lady to go refer to my FB post on Ford India's facebook page. I also asked her to see the attachments I sent Honda (Supreme Court judgement and news articles on the same) and told her that Honda has waived it off for other customers as well. She said she will find out and get back to me. Didnt seem very optimistic that the showroom was going to waive it off.

For the record, we booked a Ford Figo in Cochin and the dealer asked us to get in touch with Ford if we wanted to get the handling charges waived. A Ford representative called us and said that these were OEM charges, Ford has authorized dealers to collect it etc. When I asked them to confirm the same over email, they didnt reply. I wrote on their FB page and within 10 mins they called back and said they will waive off the fee and patched me in with the sales manager at the showroom who confirmed the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks