Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 03:04   #826
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I had written to Honda regarding the logistics and handling charges charged by Whitefield Honda but I didnt get a reply. I sent a reminder email which elicited a response from them and was followed up by a call from the showroom. The call was along expected lines - mandatory charge, fully legal, everyone pays it, wasnt it explained to you during the sales process (and hence, why are you asking now) etc.
When I sent a mail to Honda customer care, they said " In regards to the logistic charges, we wish to inform that Honda Cars India Ltd. share principal to principal relationship with its respective dealers.The logistic and handling charges are levied by dealers directly and collected by them . HCIL is nowhere involved in the transaction."
Old 8th October 2015, 09:23   #827
BHPian

Thank you praveen_v.

As I have said - I will discuss with my wife and daughters and take this further.

We are democratic - you know! So, this will require a 'vote'.

Dear k.sumit,

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply.

As I said to praveen_v for his response, I shall have to share this with my wife and daughters. Then there will be the customary vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
1. Armrest - Definitely a need for me too but I find the pricing by Honda to be insane. Try ordering one from aliexpress. A couple of members have ordered it and one of them is using it.
I had actually thought of the same. Let me discuss with wife. My feeling is she will say 'pay more go Honda'. Let us see.

Quote:
2. Corner & Side moulding - I too ordered it but had to cancel it at the last moment because my dealer asked for 2-3 days of time to get it painted. The total price for side and bumper F&B moulding costs 6000 bucks which is again pretty high in my opinion.
Ouch! I hope that since the car is white and the moulding is white - I may not face this issue.

Quote:
3. Mudguard - My dealer did not have them available so I got them fitted outside. They are of decent quality and costed 400 bucks. Dealer charges 1500 and I'm sure the fit and finish of OEM guards would be a lot better.
I agree. Again I feel I might land up with the OEM ones.

Quote:
4. Transparent/Black foot mats - Hard to recommend since the quality is pathetic and no way worth 1500 bucks they charge for it. Max they deserve is 500 bucks. I got 3M nomad mats but they are pretty expensive. Would recommend aftermarket ones.
This might be easy to decide. One look on-site should be enough - one way or other. I know that I will need some mats - which ones - I can decide..

Quote:
5. Step Illumination - Looks fantastic and OEM fitment should last the distance. I've seen one at the dealership but don't have it on mine.
Looks like I will take this!

Quote:
6. Rear parking sensors - I am presently doing without them since the camera seems sufficient. I still recommend it since they would only aid to the ease of parking. OEM costs 5400 bucks and I am sure you can get them outside for 2500 to 3000 bucks. Do some homework before you finalize accessories.
You must be a good teacher! You have done your study and are making me do 'homework'! Anyway, I do totally agree with you. I will check up outside too and then decide.

Quote:
7. I got the OEM jacquard black fabric covers and am happy with it. At the end of the day, its a personal choice since I preferred all black interior. You can always get them at a later stage when the need arises. Aftermarket covers from Dolphin etc are good too.
Actually, I prefer light and not all black interiors. I like the roomy feeling and 'enlightened' atmosphere.
Again, can be decided on the spot.

Quote:
8. I would highly recommend 3M under body protection/anti rust treatment done right after the delivery. I preferred to get it done directly from 3M rather than Honda. 3M has also come up with a silencer coating at a discounted prices of 1124. Not sure how effective it is but I got it done.
Ah! Ha! I had missed this! Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote:
Getting the Honda Jazz was already a stretch for me since I initially ventured out with a budget of 6-6.5 lakhs OTR. I only went for accessories which I though were important at the moment and will slowly add to it once my pockets are refilled
Congrats on your Jazz. I hope you are enjoying it and will keep doing so for a lot of kms.
In my case, since I am coming from a Honda City, the cost actually seems 'easy' - well not exactly - but still not a stretch! On the other hand, I prefer to take a factory fitted - fully loaded car so that I do not have to put any additions. Unfortunately, such a version of Jazz is not available!

Anyway, thanks again for the useful suggestions.

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th October 2015 at 09:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 8th October 2015, 09:52   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
When I sent a mail to Honda customer care, they said " In regards to the logistic charges, we wish to inform that Honda Cars India Ltd. share principal to principal relationship with its respective dealers.The logistic and handling charges are levied by dealers directly and collected by them . HCIL is nowhere involved in the transaction."
Don't worry. Just inform the dealer, you will buy the car from them, but you are gonna give them a feedback of '1' in a scale of 10. This matters! They will fall in your knees!
vishnurajanme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 16:11   #829
BHPian

I got an SMS from Honda which states the following
Jazz up for Festive Season. Book your Honda Jazz now & get assured delivery during auspicious Navratras. SMS <JAZZ> to 53030 for a call back.

Not sure what's happening!! People are waiting from more than 3 months for their jazz delivery and Honda sends these kinds of text messages !!
Old 9th October 2015, 17:15   #830
BHPian

Can anyone post some pics of the navigation USB and Aux outputs in the touchscreen? How does it look etc? All i see everywhere is pictures of either the radio playing or home screen.
Old 9th October 2015, 19:39   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
I got an SMS from Honda which states the following
Jazz up for Festive Season. Book your Honda Jazz now & get assured delivery during auspicious Navratras. SMS <JAZZ> to 53030 for a call back.

Not sure what's happening!! People are waiting from more than 3 months for their jazz delivery and Honda sends these kinds of text messages !!

Both the Honda dealers in Pune have offered us immediate delivery for a Jazz V CVT booked in the family, and 40 days wait for the colors/variants not in stock
Old 9th October 2015, 20:22   #832
Senior - BHPian

70% of the Jazz'es I have seen on road are white.
No doubt white is the most preferred choice for Jazz as it looks fantastic in that color.

But, in spite of that, white is the color which is mostly readily available (along with silver) while the darker colors like Red/Brown and the Sunset Orange have more waiting periods. Seems like Honda is producing a lot more white Jazz'es and very less of the darker colors.

Also, there seems to be delay in the delivery of VX in particular while other models are much easily available.

I had gone to the dealership last week to fix some damage in an exhaust pipe. I saw 7-8 Jazz'es ready for delivery and all of them except one were V variants while only one was SV.
Old 10th October 2015, 00:45   #833
BHPian

I had a chat with the SA and Manager at Infinity Honda today here and they are so hell bent on levying the Handling charges. And I am even more determined to not give in to this demand. The manager said that High Court has ruled that these charges are legal and hence cannot challenge it, which I found highly dubious. Is this the case?
I also believe a fellow Bhpian got these charges waived off by shooting a mail to Honda, but cannot seem to be able to find his post, mentioning that he could forward the format of the mail.
I really do not want to pay these charges, hence any help would be appreciated.
Old 10th October 2015, 10:02   #834
BHPian

Hey, that's me who got the charges waived off. Pm me your mail id. I will mail the format. The process I followed was like this.

1. Informed the dealer, other dealers are offering this and that and promised them to give mats, mud flaps, teflon etc
2. Asked them politely to waive off the handling charges which they did not agree
3. Shot a mail to honda, honda forwarded it to the dealership and i was contacted by their quality supervisor who asked me what was my problem
3. As my dad already went ahead and booked the car, I had to lie him that I was a new customer and wanted to take the jazz but the handling charges is standing between my decision making skill.
4. Immediately he asked me to go ahead and book the car and make a call to him at the spot to remove the handling charges
5. Called him after a delay of 2 hours to inform him we have booked the car and provided him the agent name, booking name and number
6. Problem solved + got so many freebies.

NB: Most dealers thrive for the highest level of feedback from the customer side. If they think they wont get that, they will surely try for that. I have read stories of customers who booked other honda cars and left a low level feedback for the showroom. They were receiving follow up calls from the dealership offering free services, free teflons etc to make up the mind of the customer for a higher level feedback.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 10:16   #835
BHPian

I have booked Jazz V-CVT Silver scheduled for plant dispatch on 11th Oct and promised delivery on Dussehra 22nd October. I have not paid any advance for the booking. Everything has been confirmed on mail by them.

No freebies, no discounts, I opted out of RSA and agreed to pay the handling charges of 3500. I am planning to buy the center arm rest as the only upgrade for the car. I will only upgrade the tyres if it comes with MRF else I am fine with Goodyear or Michelin. The car is for city use only.

O.T: I am getting verna 1500 kms driven July 2015 model VTVT S AT almost new car for 10 lac OTR which is really tempting. Its of a known person who is having to move to another country.
Old 10th October 2015, 11:59   #836
BHPian

Verna will be a better car except for the single digit mileage figures.
For 10k, that's an unbelievable offer. Btb why is he selling it?
Old 10th October 2015, 13:03   #837
BHPian

For Bangalore buyers, would suggest Brigade Honda, Trident Honda. They are new dealers for Honda promising early delivery within 25 days + 10 days for loan and RTO processing. Brigade Honda has readily available with him Carnellian Red VX MT Petrol Aug and Sept 2015 models.
Old 10th October 2015, 15:35   #838

Made a call to Perfect Honda Trivandrum to enquire about the possibility of adding auto/speed sensing feature to central lock and no proper response till now. The lady at the reception seems to be the only person alive! The transferred call doesn't get picked and proper follow up is also not being done. Its been 2 days and I am considering getting it done somewhere else. Will this void warranty in any manner? Is upgradation of the existing unit to autolock possible? And how much will I have to shell out for the same? Also thinking about swapping the horns with that of the VW polo. Any inputs?
Old 10th October 2015, 16:22   #839
BHPian

Read older posts for knowing about how to replace the horn. A tutorial was added by some one.
Old 10th October 2015, 16:46   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujit_as7 View Post
Made a call to Perfect Honda Trivandrum to enquire about the possibility of adding auto/speed sensing feature to central lock and no proper response till now. The lady at the reception seems to be the only person alive! The transferred call doesn't get picked and proper follow up is also not being done. Its been 2 days and I am considering getting it done somewhere else. Will this void warranty in any manner? Is upgradation of the existing unit to autolock possible? And how much will I have to shell out for the same? Also thinking about swapping the horns with that of the VW polo. Any inputs?
Doesn't Jazz come with speed sensing door locks? The official review does mentions that somewhere Edit: Post no. 7

Last edited by tazmaan : 10th October 2015 at 16:48.

Most Viewed