Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 11:19   #856
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Hi bro, I got this message while trying to message you.

"
  1. mach2 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
"

You do one thing, email me at vishnurajanme@gmail.com
I will forward the same.
You sure about sharing your personal id on a public forum? Just pray you do not get bombarded with emails from members and non-members alike, requesting the format

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 12th October 2015, 11:25   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandywanders View Post
Hi shabash. I hope you don't mind, but I would like to share a bit of my experience. We started out with the same budget and requirement as yours about an year back and recently got our Jazz V CVT. We initially considered the Brio, Amaze, grand i10, and Xcent but didnt find any of them to meet our expectations. Brio was too bouncy and cheap looking interiors, Amaze had more sorted ride and handling than brio but really those interiors and the cost cutting is too much. Brio/amaze scream cheap. Coming to the Hyundais Grand i10 had no ABS airbags which we weren't wiling to compromise on and the Xcent well, it was okay but we realised are just not compact sedan people. Also wasn't satisfied with the steering and handling of both the Hyundais. The ride too was not a lot to our liking. The only real competition we had was between the Ford Aspire DCT and Jazz. We did consider the Polo Tsi for a brief while but we weren't willing to take a risk with the dicey VW after sales. Micra was dropped because we just did not like it.

We have now been using our Jazz the for almost a month now and having chosen it over the Ford Aspire DCT we aren't disappointed. We don't really find it so unresponsive. We use it daily and it performs the duties well. We have clocked about 1100kms now and do not find the gearing or acceleration to be a hindrance at all. The engine and transmission has smoothened out a lot. In fact we hardly use the paddles. A push on the accelerator is sufficient to do overtaking maneuvers also. We tried manual mode after running about 900kms and found it pretty responsive. It does take a while though to get a hold of the gears. We found D4 to have the best acceleration. Sure it's no scorcher but it's pretty reasonable for our use and there are no perceptible gear shifts. Yes there is a delay in engine revving first while the power is transmitted to the tyres a bit later but it's not more than a half a second or so. Add to it we are getting overall FE in the range of 14 in city driving with AC in mixed traffic conditions. In fact we had found the Ford having a more confused gearbox during our test drives. We did three test drives of the Jazz CVT before finalising and couple of the Ford too. Though the Ford seemed to have a slightly better acceleration but Jazz was no slouch. In fact in our Jazz we find it better now after the running in. I would suggest you to take test drives from different dealers. Some dealerships do not maintain their vehicles in top shape. You can test the Ford figo twins with the DCT too. In all honesty, if you want performance and don't care about the FE or iffy service support, the Polo GT Tsi is the only one which can match the requirements, but then again in Bangalore that might exceed your budget. The Ciaz AT, ecosport AT, Verna AT, city SV CVT will all fall beyond your budget by a fair bit. You can check out the Zest also if you are comfortable with Tata.

Happy test driving
Dear mandywanders,

Well written.

I have also booked a V CVT Jazz. I expect it to be delivered about 20~25 Oct 2015.
Even my opinion is opposite to shabash. (No offense intended!)

I took two test drives before finalizing. Once I was alone and once my wife was with me. Unfortunately, my daughters were not available on both occassions.

The TDs took place on good and bad roads, on open and crowded roads, in fast moving and slow moving traffic, up/down/level, etc. So, we got a good feel of the drive-ability. The car was incredibly smoooooth! I tried D mode, I tried S mode. The pickup may have been a bit less than Polo DSG. However, actually, Jazz felt more comfortable to drive than Polo. Anyway, the Indian roads/traffic conditions are not really suitable for this 'sudden' pick-up. You just land up getting close to the back of a car/bus/truck travelling at 10 kmph!

Please note that I took TDs of about 8~9 models of AT cars from Celerio to Creta (out of totally about 14~15 models) - so I got to compare many models. It did not make me an expert - but definitely, I did not feel even once that Jazz was under-powered.

I will share more information when I get my own car.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 12:39   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
This is certainly not good news for me. I blindly assumed that the car has speed sensing door locks, to add to the pain the Jazz doesn't have lock unlock switch!

I have a scheduled delivery for 22nd Oct for V-CVT. I will have to find a way around this. May be add the lock-unlock switch after market, add speed sensing lock aftermarket, Please help on what to do!
Hi Tazmaan. Congratulations on your booking. I do agree that the speed sensitive door lock is a bit of a miss by Honda. Even the Elite i20 does not have the speed sensitive door lock. However, I can confirm that we do have the option of operating the driver side door lock to lock and unlock all the doors at once just like the lock unlock button. It just takes a bit of getting used to lock the doors before starting that's all and it becomes a habit in no time. Also, I believe we can use the buttons on the key remote to do the same function, although I haven't tried this yet. I have had the car for about a month and it took just a couple of days to get habituated to locking the doors by the driver side door lock. I don't feel the need for any after market fitment and give up warranty for this. Don't worry and enjoy your Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I have also booked a V CVT Jazz. I expect it to be delivered about 20~25 Oct 2015.

The TDs took place on good and bad roads, on open and crowded roads, in fast moving and slow moving traffic, up/down/level, etc. So, we got a good feel of the drive-ability. The car was incredibly smoooooth! I tried D mode, I tried S mode. The pickup may have been a bit less than Polo DSG. However, actually, Jazz felt more comfortable to drive than Polo. Anyway, the Indian roads/traffic conditions are not really suitable for this 'sudden' pick-up. You just land up getting close to the back of a car/bus/truck travelling at 10 kmph!

Please note that I took TDs of about 8~9 models of AT cars from Celerio to Creta (out of totally about 14~15 models) - so I got to compare many models. It did not make me an expert - but definitely, I did not feel even once that Jazz was under-powered.
Thank you very much for the kind words Girish Mahajan and congratulations on booking the Jazz V CVT. Your experience is very much similar to ours. Not only us, our family also felt more comfortable and happy with the Jazz rather than the other cars. And its always good not having to change your seat's position every time a family member is riding at the back. Jazz has a very good ride and handling set up and its surely butter smooth to drive. Looking forward to your ownership inputs
mandywanders is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 15:25   #859

Hi, I am eagerly waiting for my Jazz V MT to be delivered by early next month (It is a Golden brown, and i am aware of the hard time that my fellow BHPians have had maintaining their machines in such hues in today's day and age), however I am utterly confused as to whether or not to opt for "Paint protection and anti rust" package that the dealer is proposing for 7200 .

I solicit responses from all "especially people with dark colored cars" as to their opinion on the optimal solution/package. I have read about the 3M scotchgard (Not sure how much the complete package will cost for covering the usual "dent prone areas" for the Jazz) and am inclined towards that, however is it better VFM compared to the "paint protection" stuff in the long run?? Also, do i need the "anti rust" anyway for Delhi climate?
Old 12th October 2015, 17:39   #860
Senior - BHPian

^
Never go for these treatments from the dealer. They usually do a hurried half baked job and earn lots of money.
Whether you need anti rust package depends on the climate where you stay. There is a dedicated thread on this topic in this forum. Please search. If you want it, get it done directly from 3M outlet.
I would recommend paint protection. You can wait a few months before getting it done.
3M does a very good job but their rates are pretty costly. I would recommend searching for a good detailing shop in your locality and check their services. There will probably be some information about these in team bhp.Again, use search.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 17:55   #861
Senior - BHPian

Honda dealership is up to their nonsense again. In laws had booked a Jazz last month with a promised delivery time on end October and a good exchange price for their old Santro. The Santro was picked up on the 1st and now yesterday when they called to check the status they were told delivery time has been extended by 2 months so if they are lucky the they will get their car by the end of the year. Maybe.

Honda dealers are really annoying me with their attitude these days. I for sure will not buy another Honda car
Old 12th October 2015, 18:16   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Honda dealership is up to their nonsense again. In laws had booked a Jazz last month with a promised delivery time on end October and a good exchange price for their old Santro. The Santro was picked up on the 1st and now yesterday when they called to check the status they were told delivery time has been extended by 2 months so if they are lucky the they will get their car by the end of the year. Maybe.

Honda dealers are really annoying me with their attitude these days. I for sure will not buy another Honda car
What Model/color did you book? Did the dealer have any of the common colors in ready stock? There is something funny going on here. There seems to be good demand for Jazz even with "premium" pricing but for some reason honda seems to be not producing enough cars. Are they facing any production capacity issues?
Old 12th October 2015, 20:08   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post

This is totally unacceptable. I suspect dealership is up to some mischief. We got our Orchid White CVT in less than 15 days. A maximum waiting of 2 months was quoted to us but only for the colors golden brown and carnelian red. I have heard about delays in the VX model too but those deliveries have also started not I believe. I suggest you write a very strong email to Honda with all the details of your booking and dealership behavior.
mandywanders is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 20:40   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanJazz View Post
I have read about the 3M scotchgard (Not sure how much the complete package will cost for covering the usual "dent prone areas" for the Jazz) and am inclined towards that, however is it better VFM compared to the "paint protection" stuff in the long run??
I wouldn't recommend 3M scotchgard since it starts to peel off after some time. I got antirust, silencer coat, nomad mats and scotchgard done from 3M outlet in Rajouri Garden and am pretty happy with their services. At the end of the day, no matter how much you take care of it, the scotchgard film will start to peel off from the edges. Services, as mentioned by @adimicra, are expensive so choose wisely and don't spend unnecessarily on things which would add temporary bilng.

I swear to god, if our wives/sisters see us how we react in car detailing outlets, they would have their eyes wide open asking "So you think I am the shopaholic in the family?" Its like you want to have every product in that outlet in your boot
k.sumit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 20:50   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I tried D mode, I tried S mode. The pickup may have been a bit less than Polo DSG. However, actually, Jazz felt more comfortable to drive than Polo.
If Honda had magic seats in CVT it would have been very difficult choice between Polo GT and Jazz.
Though Polo GT is a drivers car, and Jazz is very very practical.. but Honda if you are listening, forget special editions and festive offers.. give us a 1.5 Petrol CVT and magic seats at 11 L OTR.
Old 12th October 2015, 22:27   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Can anyone post some pics of the navigation USB and Aux outputs in the touchscreen? How does it look etc? All i see everywhere is pictures of either the radio playing or home screen.
USB input
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151012_101234.jpg

GPS interface
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151012_101320.jpg

AUX in (I guess nothing is connected that's why it looks so bare)
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151012_101345.jpg
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 10:47   #867
BHPian

Just got my VIN number. The car is in transit since 11th october.

Kindly find your car Honda JAZZ V-CVT-Alabasta Silvers
Chassis no:XXXGK785JF40030XX
Engine NO:L12B4101XXXX

Looks like Sept 2015 batch looks ok to me.

I booked the car on 1st October deliver promised 22nd October. Only colors white and silver are available faster. Other colors have a waiting period.

I am still bugged with non availability of speed sensing door locks!
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 11:35   #868
BHPian

Hello,

A close friend of mine is trying to get the handling charges waived off. He has written to Honda India customer care with email format and court order links, but there has been no response from Honda.
Are there any specific email id's, twitter accounts he can approach for a faster resolution. Also it would be of great help if anyone can share these details.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th October 2015, 11:56   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Just got my VIN number. The car is in transit since 11th october.

Kindly find your car Honda JAZZ V-CVT-Alabasta Silvers
Chassis no:XXXGK785JF40030XX
Engine NO:L12B4101XXXX

Looks like Sept 2015 batch looks ok to me.

I booked the car on 1st October deliver promised 22nd October. Only colors white and silver are available faster. Other colors have a waiting period.

I am still bugged with non availability of speed sensing door locks!
Congrats!! Did you check with the showroom guys to see if this can be programmed by the service guys?
Old 13th October 2015, 12:34   #870
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea if there will be a VX CVT variant in the pipeline?
The Jazz is a serious contender to replace the Etios, given that we need an automatic. Ideally would have preferred an Etios A/T owing to its excellent suspension set up and low maintenance costs, but given that seems impossible - the Jazz CVT is almost the perfect candidate!
However, given we have a GSD - would love to have the magic seats that can fold flat, which would give justice to the low loading lip.

If not, guess we would be going the Ciaz A/T way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks