Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2015, 15:01   #871
BANNED

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

What are the performance mods that are viable for the CVT?
A de-cat exhaust is one, but i'm not sure how it'll sound on a CVT.
My mamu got the vCVT a while back and has been dissatisfied with the performance, he's back on his innova. Please tell me some solutions to extract more juice out of the 1.2
Old 13th October 2015, 15:23   #872

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I would recommend paint protection. You can wait a few months before getting it done.
Well, I am trying to calm down and contemplating holding on to my horses.. But you know Adimicra in Delhi's bad traffic i can only hope that delaying this, does not add to the probability of losing the "new look" of the car thanks to the many crazy drivers (and random people with the intention of scratching the car, believe me there are many!!) on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I wouldn't recommend 3M scotchgard since it starts to peel off after some time.
Dont these come with some warranty, like free repair/touchup for peel off for so many months etc etc???

Quote:
I got antirust, silencer coat, nomad mats and scotchgard done from 3M outlet in Rajouri Garden and am pretty happy with their services.
Wow!! That list is quite comprehensive...How much did it set you back by?? BTW, I had the same 3M store in my mind, glad that their service level is good.

Quote:
I swear to god, if our wives/sisters see us how we react in car detailing outlets, they would have their eyes wide open asking "So you think I am the shopaholic in the family?" Its like you want to have every product in that outlet in your boot
That makes two of us!

Last edited by Aditya : 14th October 2015 at 06:49. Reason: Only two smileys per post permitted.
Old 13th October 2015, 16:03   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanJazz View Post
Dont these come with some warranty, like free repair/touchup for peel off for so many months etc etc???
I had these installed on the external rear view mirrors, and door edges of my Jazz. Cost came out to approximately INR 2,750. There was some peeling visible on the ones installed on the rear view mirrors within a month. When I emailed the concerned workshop (along with pics) and asked if this was covered under a warranty I was told that although its not but since I am a 'valued' customer and for 'business development' purpose they will look into the matter if I brought my car to the workshop. In the meantime some 'bright' person put a big scratch right in the middle of my bonnet. I decided then I should probably get the scratch fixed and get the paint protection film installed there as well.

The concerned 3M workshop removed the scratch, and did the needful to the bonnet. They then replaced the film on one of the rear view mirrors free of charge and nicked the film that was peeling off (just a small triangular bit) from the other mirror. I guess the bonnet work (approximately INR 8,500) probably made up for the rest of the work. Still, no warranty mentioned on the invoice.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 17:05   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
I had these installed on the external rear view mirrors, and door edges of my Jazz. There was some peeling visible on the ones installed on the rear view mirrors within a month.....................Still, no warranty mentioned on the invoice.
For something that costs so much from a reputed company like 3M, I am a bit surprised and concerned that the life of the "adhesive" which holds the film in its place is so less...Has it got something to do with frequent washing/rain???
Old 13th October 2015, 18:53   #875
BHPian

Quote:
For something that costs so much from a reputed company like 3M, I am a bit surprised and concerned that the life of the "adhesive" which holds the film in its place is so less...Has it got something to do with frequent washing/rain???
I doubt whether it has anything to do with the quality of the material or adhesive. The film that was installed on the door edges still looks as good as new. The same applies for the installation done on the bonnet.

I think on extremely curved surfaces, like the external rear view mirror assembly, it's impossible (simple physics, I believe) for a film to remain stuck for long, especially at places where the curve is the maximum. If you just look at the mirror assembly, it's curved in possibly all three axis (x/y/z). Some water seepage does occur into the minute gaps (gaps that are possibly invisible at the time of installation) and this causes them to become prominent after some time. I am not an engineer but I hope I got the message across

The film was installed during the monsoon. Plus the car is washed with water almost everyday. I guess this is reason the peeling happened so early. But I have noticed that things 'stabilize' after some time. I haven't noticed any more peeling in the mirror in which a nick was made to remove the damaged film. I guess as soon as you notice the film peeling off, just get it nicked off. Possibly prevents the damage from spreading further.

To be very honest it's an expensive product. But I am not that finicky about it peeling off as long it's barely visible. The film has done its job on couple of occasions and I feel that's worth every rupee spent on it.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 19:11   #876
BHPian

Quote:

Wow!! That list is quite comprehensive...How much did it set you back by?? BTW, I had the same 3M store in my mind, glad that their service level is good.
Just as Flanker99 mentioned, they don't come with any warranty but the store manager promised to fix them in case they start to peel off. Mine has already started to peel off from the edges. I got them done on door edges and door handle wells. While getting the under body treatment, opt for the one that provides protection for 5 years and make sure they clean the wheel arches and the lower part of the back bumper after application. They missed out on the bumper area of my car and now it seems impossible to remove it. I would highly recommend the under-body protection done and the rest can be added as need arises. Regarding the atrocious driving style in Delhi/NCR, I totally second your thoughts. Its like driving between loose missiles In case you need more information, you may connect with 3M Rajouri Garden store manager Gulshan @ 9654061166

Apologies for incorrectly uploading the image. Here it is.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-imag0587.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th October 2015 at 11:30.
Old 14th October 2015, 13:04   #877

[quote=Flanker99;3824865] I am not an engineer but I hope I got the message across

Yes you have

Quote:
The film has done its job on couple of occasions and I feel that's worth every rupee spent on it.
That my friend seals it for me, I agree this is indispensable...

Quote:
I would highly recommend the under-body protection done and the rest can be added as need arises.... Regarding the atrocious driving style in Delhi/NCR, I totally second your thoughts. Its like driving between loose missiles In case you need more information, you may connect with 3M Rajouri Garden store manager Gulshan @ 9654061166

Here is the total amount I paid:

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sumit/Desktop/IMAG0587.jpg[/IMG]
Hi Sumit, thanks for the suggestions, do they allow you to witness the procedure when the underbody stuff is getting done?? I think there was an issue about uploading the "bill" as it is not showing in your post...
Old 14th October 2015, 22:35   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sumit, thanks for the suggestions, do they allow you to witness the procedure when the underbody stuff is getting done?? I think there was an issue about uploading the "bill" as it is not showing in your post...
Yes they do, however they have a plastic cover which they close while doing the under body coat. Here is the breakup:

Anti Rust 5 yrs: 3490
Silencer Coat: 1124
Nomad mats: 4250
Scotchgard Film: 2000
Vat@ 12.5%: 635
VAT@ 5%: 90
Service Tax @14%: 538

A request to fellow members to share some inputs on the following issue that I keep coming across. When I reach the speed of 80 kmph, I feel some vibration on the accelerator pedal and it goes away when I get to 85-90 kmph. Its precisely on 80 kmph that I feel it and the intensity remains the same while cruising at 80. Its quite irritating and takes away the pleasure. Thoughts?

Last edited by k.sumit : 14th October 2015 at 23:02.
Old 15th October 2015, 12:51   #879
BHPian

Yes, I feel the same vibration at 80kmph in top gear, and 65-70 in 4th gear and lower accordingly. It is actually due to engine resonance and is closely related with engine rpm and not speed. I feel vibs in the gear knob as well. Nothing to worry with anyhow.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:08   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they do, however they have a plastic cover which they close while doing the under body coat. Here is the breakup:

Anti Rust 5 yrs: 3490
Silencer Coat: 1124
Nomad mats: 4250
Scotchgard Film: 2000
Vat@ 12.5%: 635
VAT@ 5%: 90
Service Tax @14%: 538

A request to fellow members to share some inputs on the following issue that I keep coming across. When I reach the speed of 80 kmph, I feel some vibration on the accelerator pedal and it goes away when I get to 85-90 kmph. Its precisely on 80 kmph that I feel it and the intensity remains the same while cruising at 80. Its quite irritating and takes away the pleasure. Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Yes, I feel the same vibration at 80kmph in top gear, and 65-70 in 4th gear and lower accordingly. It is actually due to engine resonance and is closely related with engine rpm and not speed. I feel vibs in the gear knob as well. Nothing to worry with anyhow.
I have felt the same as well and was contemplating calling my SA for the same. I guess i will back off and wait till my first service. Has any one notices any rattle at the back and on the dashboard at very low speeds on some road surfaces!
Old 15th October 2015, 15:03   #881
BHPian

For my jazz, rattles are present from the front bonnet portion but at XXL sized potholes. It is a metallic clinking sound from the bonnet and not related to the dash board I guess.
Old 15th October 2015, 18:04   #882
BHPian

I have faced some of these 'rattling' issues as well and you won't believe how silly the sources turned out.

The first issue was within 2-3 weeks of getting the car. There was this annoying rattle that I determined was coming from somewhere near the the B pillar of the passenger side, the point where the seat belt is attached. My parents thought I was hearing things. My dad suggested that it's probably the wind hitting the windshield. 'Wind' and that too when the car is in the 1st gear going over some pothole . Turned out that the zip handle of the seat cover, the seat cover of the head rest, was rubbing against the zip track whenever the car used to go over any small undulation on the road. Now I ignore it.

The second issue originated from the dashboard. Turned out that the USB was hitting the walls of the glovebox. I had put the other connecting cables in the small pouch that was given with the car and had left the USB cable outside. I put a piece of cloth, the cloth that we generally keep in our cars for cleaning the first, under the USB so that it doesn't hit the walls of the glovebox. Problem solved.

Some other minor 'rattles' are from the phone charger and the flashlight that keep moving in the front cup holders. I guess we should first remove such small objects from the car to see if the problem still persists. Thankfully no other rattles heard so far.

Can't comment on the gear stick vibrations. Never experienced those. The max speed I have driven at so far is 70kmph. Hardly cross that limit in city roads.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 15th October 2015 at 18:05.
Old 15th October 2015, 21:58   #883

Maybe I am asking a silly doubt Been driving this iVtec beauty for almost 2 weeks now. Noticed a bit of power lag in 1st gear while driving uphill. My santro xing pulls faster than this. I keep my right foot floored but the car takes its own sweet time to slowly make the uphill journey. Feels like the engine is out of breath. Is it something that will go away after sometime (clocked only around 150kms till now) or after the first service? Someone out there please help
Old 15th October 2015, 22:16   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
I have felt the same as well and was contemplating calling my SA for the same. I guess i will back off and wait till my first service. Has any one notices any rattle at the back and on the dashboard at very low speeds on some road surfaces!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
For my jazz, rattles are present from the front bonnet portion but at XXL sized potholes. It is a metallic clinking sound from the bonnet and not related to the dash board I guess.
I too hear a very low intensity grinding sound as if the metal is rubbing against each other when I go over undulations at low speed. Whats surprising is I only hear it when I have someone seated on the back and not while driving solo. Tried a lot to find the source but couldn't.

BTW, thanks for confirming that the vibration at 80 kmph similar in other vehicles. I was going berserk over it.
Old 16th October 2015, 11:12   #885
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
There seems to be some confusion. While the official review mentions it as available, all of the ownership reports mentions it as a missing option. Maybe Honda had it enabled on media driver cars but disabled it for some reason on production variants?
Thanks to you & Tazmaan (for reporting this post)! Since owners are reporting the feature as missing, we have removed it from the official review.

If the situation changes, please report the post and we'll add it back.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed