Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2015, 17:28   #901
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
[*]This bring us to the point on how does this work on the Jazz (and City) since these are CVT based. The CVT that Honda uses on the Jazz (and City) is not a pure CVT. It also has a slim Torque Converter to help enable better response at initial start. Which is why the point about Torque Multiplication is valid to an extent for the Jazz and City CVT and helps simulate the Hill Hold that owners have observed. The other CVT's available (Micra and Upcoming Baleno) as far as I know are pure CVT's and am pretty sure can roll back on an incline. Same goes for AMT's.
You have summed it up very nicely. So if there is a miniature torque converted in jazz, then i think it will also mask the sluggish response in lower gears seen on the manual petrol variants and improve low speed driveability (Creep on incline and over speed breakers etc). So from slow speed driveability point of view, a CVT should provide a much better experience than the jazz manual where one has to work the gears to get moving.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 17:45   #902
BHPian

Hi,

My wife's nephew has had a bad experience with booking Jazz. He booked a carnelian red pearl VX at one dealer in Kalyan. After a month's wait of booking, the dealer said he cannot deliver and asked him to cancel his booking. He is yet to get the money back.

He went to another dealer in Panvel who assured that he had the color with him and took the 51k deposit from him after giving him a docket number with the color and specifications. After the deposit was transferred to his account, he bungled and gave the car to someone else.

Now they say wait another month. Can somebody give me some contacts to escalate this to Honda? He wrote to customer_relations@hondacarindia.com, but didn't get any response.

Thank you,

Pradeep
Old 17th October 2015, 19:39   #903
BHPian

Try honda facebook page. They will surely revert back. Open forum
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 19:54   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to you & Tazmaan (for reporting this post)! Since owners are reporting the feature as missing, we have removed it from the official review.

If the situation changes, please report the post and we'll add it back.
Does it mean it is about configuring through software? Where Honda had it during it's media drive and disabled in production versions. In that case it could be boon where someone with programming knowledge enable it back.
Old 18th October 2015, 11:43   #905
BHPian

Tried that, but the comments on FaceBook Honda page are moderated. I have sent them a message.

Hallmark Honda, Panvel, said they have the color ready. They gave a booking order with the choice of color, and after taking the 51k booking amount, sold the car to someone else. If this isn't outright cheating, what is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Try honda facebook page. They will surely revert back. Open forum

Last edited by pradkumar : 18th October 2015 at 11:44. Reason: Clarity
Old 18th October 2015, 15:09   #906
BHPian

I am planning to buy Jazz diesel.

Is there any owner of Jazz diesel in the forum? Please share the positive and the negative feedback of the vehicle along with FE in real life.
Old 18th October 2015, 18:19   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post

Is there any owner of Jazz diesel in the forum? Please share the positive and the negative feedback of the vehicle along with FE in real life.
There are a few owners of Jazz diesel in this forum but probably not as active. You can find their opinions on this thread but I understand that it's not easy to scan through all these pages.

Here are a few opinions from owners.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3794351

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3794574

Best of luck!
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 06:46   #908
BHPian

Quote:

We took the delivery of Honda Jazz about 2 months back from Joshi Honda.The car has run around 3000 kms and the FE is 17 kmpl in city driving conditions.The following are my basic observations during this short time span.

Positives-
1.Very very spacious.I have never felt so comfortable in the backseat of a hatchback.
2.Car has good pickup till the 100 km mark.
3.Light steering wheel makes it easy to manoeuvre in the city.
4.Dashboard setup has a very modern appeal.
5.Fuel economy is very good. 17 or 18 kmpl in city and you can expect around 20 on highways.It may be more after the car has run 10000 kms.

Negatives-
1. NVH Levels.It is the worst part about the car.I have been driving the swift for four years now.The first time I took the Jazz for a spin I thought one of the windows is not closed.I tried closing all windows from the drivers side while driving but to no use.Fiats DDIS engines are much more refined
2.No Auto lock feature.You have to lock all the doors from the drivers side.
3.To be very honest not a very enjoyable drive overall.I would say the drive is just above average.Nothing inspiring as such.

I would say overall it is a good family hatchback.
Divyendu Sharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 16:09   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
You have summed it up very nicely. So if there is a miniature torque converted in jazz, then i think it will also mask the sluggish response in lower gears seen on the manual petrol variants and improve low speed driveability (Creep on incline and over speed breakers etc). So from slow speed driveability point of view, a CVT should provide a much better experience than the jazz manual where one has to work the gears to get moving.
My experience has been a bit different. When driving in 'D' mode, if the car comes to near standstill (but does not stop) like when you crawl over a speed breaker, the car feels very lethargic to accelerate. However, if the car comes to a complete stand still, then the pickup is much better. It seems the CVT does not shift down to 1st gear quickly at very low speeds and hence the sluggishness.
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 09:21   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyendu Sharma View Post
We took the delivery of Honda Jazz about 2 months back from Joshi Honda.The car has run around 3000 kms and the FE is 17 kmpl in city driving conditions.The following are my basic observations during this short time span.

Positives-
1.Very very spacious.I have never felt so comfortable in the backseat of a hatchback.
2.Car has good pickup till the 100 km mark.
3.Light steering wheel makes it easy to manoeuvre in the city.
4.Dashboard setup has a very modern appeal.
5.Fuel economy is very good. 17 or 18 kmpl in city and you can expect around 20 on highways.It may be more after the car has run 10000 kms.

Negatives-
1. NVH Levels.It is the worst part about the car.I have been driving the swift for four years now.The first time I took the Jazz for a spin I thought one of the windows is not closed.I tried closing all windows from the drivers side while driving but to no use.Fiats DDIS engines are much more refined
2.No Auto lock feature.You have to lock all the doors from the drivers side.
3.To be very honest not a very enjoyable drive overall.I would say the drive is just above average.Nothing inspiring as such.

I would say overall it is a good family hatchback.
We (Myself and wife) took a test drive of VXMT diesel yesterday and following are my observations:

Positives-
1) The vehicle looked good to both of us
2) Rear seats are very comfortable due to more than adequate leg space, good thigh support and reclinable seats
3) Boot space is good for a hatchback
4) Excellent driving, nice suspension, effective brakes, light steering and we found the NVH well controlled (Off course there is sound when the vehicle starts and in lower gears)

Negatives-
1) Absent start/stop button, keyless entry, rear parking sensors! Come on Honda, the VX diesel is a near 10 lack car!!
2) Absent centre arm rest - how good is aftermarket one and which one is the best?
3) 5th tyre Rim - 14" with 15" tyre, in VX variant where other 4 tyre rims are 15"? Couldn't understand this and why Honda has to do this. Is there any harm in running the vehicle with this tyre?
4) Dangling wires in the glove box, but wife says that it is easy to connect instruments with dangling wires rather than with fixed port where you have to bend and connect!
5) Rear view camera - only one angle in VX variant
6) Absent speed sensing auto lock and unlock feature. Why Honda misses this? Is it possible to add this feature in future?

I am 6' 1", and hence not looking for i20. We are waiting for the Baleno test drive and probably after that will be able to make a decision.
Old 20th October 2015, 21:16   #911
BHPian

Quote:

I have driven my Jazz VX Diesel Model almost 5000 kms in 45 days. Following our my observation from the car. My previous car was an i20 Diesel which was with me for 3.5 years and I almost covered 85000 kms with it before I met with an accident and car was considered to be total loss.

Things I liked-

1) Car is very spacious and cabin is well designed. It feels very roomy and big windows add up to it.

2) Magic seats are very good. I have used them many times and it is a big positive for me. My dog also loves jazz as he can comfortably sit once Ifold the rear seats completely.

3) Best part about the engine is the Drivability. This is the major difference which I felt between jazz and i20. This has amazing drivability. Specially when going on hills i20 needed to many gear shifts. I would say this is a very good engine.

4) All black interiors looks very good to me. This can be a personal choice but I prefer Black.

5) Seats are very comfortable. Rear as well as front. I would rate them better than what i20 offers.

6) Overall Quality is not excellent but its above average. My i20 had hard plastics all over. Though newer versions interiors have improved.

7) Over all looks of the car are good. Though I would call it a more of a girlish car when it comes to look.

8) Steering is very light and offers decent feedback. Much better than last gen i20.

9) Suspension is decent though I feel it could have been better.

10) FE is amazing. I recently went Chandigarh-Kasol-Manali-Chandigarh and I got 18.5 km/l FE. This was a big surprise to me honestly. Giving that good average on hills is excellent. i20 FE was always 16-17. In-fact my dad could even achieve 23-24 FE when he covered almost 300kms on highways.

11) NVH level are decent. I will not call them bad like many other people have pointed it out. I am very much happy with it. It can be better but then I find it pretty okay.

Things I wish I could change

1) Audio System in VX model is pathetic. I wish Honda never gave it. They just gave it to use it as a marketing gimmick. Though GPS works fine but it has lot of issues.

2) Wind Noise is too much once you cross 130+ It was disappointing to listen to wind noise in a 9.5L car.

3) Tries given with the car are very bad. I got MRF , some V model got Mich but Honda has gone cost cutting with the tires and alloys. I wish design was better.

4) No sensors, autolock , push start stop button. No auto lock was a shocker to me. No one can match Hyundai when it comes to giving features.

5) MID - Honda instrument design is good but they could have given a better MID. Plus no controls on steering to toggle MID.

6) Armrest - This could have been added by default to give it a premium feel but then I ordered one from Aliexpress and it has done the job. Honda has insanely priced it at 16k

7) One thing that I miss badly is the DEAD Peddle. I wonder why do companies skip such things? How difficult is for them to give one?

8) Another things I didn't like about Honda was the warranty. 2 years / 40000kms is too less to what competition is offering. Has any one noticed this?

Overall, I am very happy with what Jazz offers me. I feel its a very good car.
ankit_chd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 22:22   #912
Team-BHP Support

^ Honda cars come with extended warranty of up to 7 years, right? Isn't it available for the Jazz?
Old 20th October 2015, 23:10   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
^ Honda cars come with extended warranty of up to 7 years, right? Isn't it available for the Jazz?

Extended Warranty is upto 4years which is again too less. I guess all companies should give 5 years warranty. It should be made mandatory by the govt
Old 20th October 2015, 23:18   #914
BHPian

Yes all honda owners can extend their current warranty till 7yrs. For those who are out if warranty period, honda does an overall check of your car and then extends the warranty till 7yrs of its age if the car is well maintained, but a premium is charged over the regular warranty.
Old 21st October 2015, 11:06   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
7) Over all looks of the car are good. Though I would call it a more of a girlish car when it comes to look.
I always had this thought about the Jazz's looks vs. the Elite i20's looks. I may be wrong but I wish to share this with all.

The Elite might not look out of place in a James Bond movie. With it's super stylish looks (especially from the front) it could easily pass off as a car of Mr. Bond's sidekick (assuming he has one). Regarding the Jazz, imagine a sci-fi Japanese movie set in let's say 2050. I am sure they make plenty of these. The Jazz could easily pass off an 'extra' on Japanese roads. The design looks so 'un-contemporary' that I am sure it won't look out of place even few decades from now.

But, please don't take this personally, calling it a girlish car is not fair.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks