Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 11:14   #916
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
I always had this thought about the Jazz's looks vs. the Elite i20's looks. I may be wrong but I wish to share this with all.

The Elite might not look out of place in a James Bond movie. With it's super stylish looks (especially from the front) it could easily pass off as a car of Mr. Bond's sidekick (assuming he has one). Regarding the Jazz, imagine a sci-fi Japanese movie set in let's say 2050. I am sure they make plenty of these. The Jazz could easily pass off an 'extra' on Japanese roads. The design looks so 'un-contemporary' that I am sure it won't look out of place even few decades from now.

But, please don't take this personally, calling it a girlish car is not fair.
Totally agree with you Flanker99. Jazz is undoubtedly the best looking hatchback available in the market. It looks any day better than Elite i20 & upcoming Baleno.
vijjuvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 12:31   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Totally agree with you Flanker99. Jazz is undoubtedly the best looking hatchback available in the market. It looks any day better than Elite i20 & upcoming Baleno.
I am afraid vijjuvk that despite being a Jazz owner I might have to disagree with you. I never said that Jazz is the best looking hatchbackin the Indian market today. To be very honest that title surely belongs to the Elite i20 (the top line trim, which ever it is). Looks are subjective anyways.

But having said that, I am no James Bond (or his side kick) and we all drive on Indian roads (that hardly resemble a Bond movie set). Plus we need practical cars for our families whose back seats our parents and grand parents find easy to access. That's why I choose the Jazz.

After the WagonR the only car I fell in love with was the Jazz/Fit. I did 'flirt' with the Swift (ZXI) and the Elite i20 for sometime. But when it was time for 'her' to meet the family, the Jazz it was.
Old 21st October 2015, 13:14   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
After the WagonR the only car I fell in love with was the Jazz/Fit. I did 'flirt' with the Swift (ZXI) and the Elite i20 for sometime. But when it was time for 'her' to meet the family, the Jazz it was.
Jazz with its unique design of a hatchish MUV (cud'nt think of a better term) will not find out of place in a decade amidst the numerous car launches which we are to see.

I'm in Manila for the last few days, I see atleast half a dozen Jazzes on road every day, both New Jazz and the old one. It does look stylish amidst the other cars here, note it's a Toyota market here. What saddens me is that it is a 1.5 ivtec, where we see a 1.2 ivtec. :banghead:
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 14:23   #919
BHPian

Best looking car is always a personal trait. But most people will like the i20 more than the jazz. Mostly it will be, i20, jazz and then baleno. Jazz looks superb from the front end, but the rear feels a bit awkward, especially the ones below the top trim
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 19:21   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
^ Honda cars come with extended warranty of up to 7 years, right? Isn't it available for the Jazz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Yes all honda owners can extend their current warranty till 7yrs. For those who are out if warranty period, honda does an overall check of your car and then extends the warranty till 7yrs of its age if the car is well maintained, but a premium is charged over the regular warranty.
My SA completely ruled out the extended warranty beyond 5 years and the 5th year warranty can only be availed in the fourth year based on the price prevailing during that time. I could only manage to get 4 years of warranty. Shall I write to Honda about it and get it extended? I plan to keep the vehicle for a long time and would happy take the 7 yrs warranty provided its not insanely priced.
Old 21st October 2015, 21:08   #921
BHPian

It might be slightly different for new cars. But you should be able to find the post on team-bhp regarding Honda offering 7yr warranty even for old and out of warranty cars. Not very old. May be 2 months back. Then may be you can approach you SA once again and ask him to check. Else yes reach out to Honda. You can contact info of their regional office on website. Just make a call there.

Last edited by naikameya : 21st October 2015 at 21:10.
Old 22nd October 2015, 00:29   #922
Distinguished - BHPian

We took delivery of our urban titanium V CVT today from Whitefield Honda and went straight to Madhus to upgrade the Bridgestones to Yoko S Drives. Driving with an automatic in Bangalore traffic is such a dream! I will share a more detailed update in a few days.

We noticed two issues after taking delivery
- The reverse camera is supposed to have 3 different settings (a distant view, a near view and one which is somewhat downwards). Our car has two distant views and one somewhat downward view. No near view. Makes it difficult to reverse park.
- Bluetooth is incredibly annoying and just doesnt pair with the phones.

We definitely need to go back to the showroom on saturday and get these checked.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:56   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
My SA completely ruled out the extended warranty beyond 5 years and the 5th year warranty can only be availed in the fourth year based on the price prevailing during that time. I could only manage to get 4 years of warranty. Shall I write to Honda about it and get it extended? I plan to keep the vehicle for a long time and would happy take the 7 yrs warranty provided its not insanely priced.
In my last discussion with SA on extended warranty, he was saying it would cover only the engine. Is that true?
Old 23rd October 2015, 01:00   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
- The reverse camera is supposed to have 3 different settings (a distant view, a near view and one which is somewhat downwards). Our car has two distant views and one somewhat downward view. No near view. Makes it difficult to reverse park.

The downwards view is the top down view.
The camera has 3 views, one is the normal one, the second being the wide angle and the third is the top down view for those kerbs and pavements that the other two angles might miss. So that is not an issue.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 10:40   #925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
The downwards view is the top down view.
The camera has 3 views, one is the normal one, the second being the wide angle and the third is the top down view for those kerbs and pavements that the other two angles might miss. So that is not an issue.
Thanks Akhil994, on second reading I realize my post was probably not clear enough. The reverse camera in my Jazz does not have the normal view. It has 2 wide angle views and the top down view. The showroom will reopen tomorrow after the holidays and I will get it checked.

The other thing I must mention is that braking doesnt really feel sharp or have a linear feel. Will get that looked into as well.
Old 23rd October 2015, 10:51   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Akhil994, on second reading I realize my post was probably not clear enough. The reverse camera in my Jazz does not have the normal view. It has 2 wide angle views and the top down view. The showroom will reopen tomorrow after the holidays and I will get it checked.

The other thing I must mention is that braking doesnt really feel sharp or have a linear feel. Will get that looked into as well.
What I have noticed in my Jazz is that there is barely any difference in the first 2 views of the reverse camera. The 3rd one is top down which is fine but there's hardly a noticeable difference between the first two.
Seems like one of those things that get put in for advertisement purposes "Reverse camera with 3 views" without seeing how practical it is in day to day use.
Old 23rd October 2015, 11:58   #927
BHPian

Took Delivery yesterday 22nd October. Jazz V-CVT Silver

Odo was 50 kms and everything went smooth.

BUT I am one of those who got MRF tires. The car is going be driven in city most of the time and I don't find a reason to change them.

Getting the arm rest and mud flaps installed thats the only after market accessories.

Pics are mobile camera pics so!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_7434.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_7437.jpg  

tazmaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:12   #928
BHPian

One thing which I have noticed in at least 5-7 Jazz new model in Delhi NCR is that there is some kind of wire hanging low when seen from the rear side of the car i.e. if Jazz is in front of me at say 100 mtrs, I can see the wire hanging low. Not sure what wire is it though, however its strange that a new car with a brand like Honda has such a lapse during quality checks of cars.
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:11   #929
BHPian

Quote:

Dont worry.
Jazz only has 2 wide angle views and a top down view.
The thing is that the lens they have used is a fish eye type lens and using dip, they have enabled those 3 views. Just a marketing gimmick.

Btb, can anyone please confirm whether the camera in the VX model gives a better resolution and clarity than the camera in the V variant?

Regarding braking, it is good actually. I felt the jazz brakes more progressive than my i20. Means, in the i20, brakes bits hard suddenly, but in the jazz, with a linear pattern.

You better check that out in the showroom.
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:26   #930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
What I have noticed in my Jazz is that there is barely any difference in the first 2 views of the reverse camera. The 3rd one is top down which is fine but there's hardly a noticeable difference between the first two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Dont worry.
Jazz only has 2 wide angle views and a top down view.
The thing is that the lens they have used is a fish eye type lens and using dip, they have enabled those 3 views. Just a marketing gimmick.
Thanks for clarifying, my wife and I are pretty sure we saw a long view, a near view and a top down view when we went for a test drive with some discernible difference between the first two. I'll take some pictures a little later in the day just to be sure all owners have the same system.

Most Viewed