Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 17:13   #1036

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Friends,

Did anyone of you get your hands on decently priced, effective, body cover for the New Jazz (apart from the original Honda ones)...here in Delhi, it has become a necessity due to all the dust in the air. My Jopasu duster has become black within 2 weeks of use, and already crying out for help
Old 3rd December 2015, 08:35   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanJazz View Post
Friends,

Did anyone of you get your hands on decently priced, effective, body cover for the New Jazz (apart from the original Honda ones)...here in Delhi, it has become a necessity due to all the dust in the air. My Jopasu duster has become black within 2 weeks of use, and already crying out for help
Hey don't worry buddy. The Jopasu duster is effective and pulls the dust in just one swipe even if the threads turn black. They have special wax coating which attracts the dust like a magnet. You can use it without any issues till it pulls the dust. The day when it stops pulling dust, just rinse clean the duster threads under running water, dry it out and you are ready to go. I normally wash it in 2-3 months.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:43   #1038
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Thanks to suhaas307 - whose beautiful review here made me think that I should write an owner review. When I declared that I had finally received the car, many others chimed in.

Now, I can declare finally that the review is online!
Many thanks to GTO specially, for being patient with me and guiding me along.

Please see:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:06   #1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hey don't worry buddy. The Jopasu duster is effective and pulls the dust in just one swipe even if the threads turn black. They have special wax coating which attracts the dust like a magnet. You can use it without any issues till it pulls the dust. The day when it stops pulling dust, just rinse clean the duster threads under running water, dry it out and you are ready to go. I normally wash it in 2-3 months.
Thanks for the guidance mate!!! This calms my nerves a bit ...how long have you been using this Jopasu with your 2-3 months washing schedule? As for my Jopasu, it attracts dust off my Jazz like a breeze...Just the other day, some of the "cleaner boys of cars" in my apartment complex flocked to my car to see the Jopasu work its Magic, and were quite dumbstruck with what they saw

However I am still scouting for a cover, any suggestions??
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:41   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanJazz View Post
Thanks for the guidance mate!!! This calms my nerves a bit ...how long have you been using this Jopasu with your 2-3 months washing schedule?
Well I have been using it for almost a year now. During this period I might have done at least 3-4 washings. It still removes the dust quite effectively. Only precaution one has to take is never use it on a wet surface otherwise there will be smudge marks all over the place. What I do is remove the dust with the Jopasu duster. If there are any smudges, stains or other marks I spray plain water and wipe it off with a Maguair or 3M micro fibre cloth. This way I am able to get rid of dust as well as stain marks.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 3rd December 2015 at 13:44.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 20:21   #1041
BHPian

Guys, I am really getting irritated now with sounds coming from all directions while I drive the vehicle. First, it seems that the boot lid doesn't close properly and every time I have someone sitting at the back, I keep hearing a grinding metal sound over small undulations. I have tried a lot to identify where its coming from but all efforts in vain. Next, the dashboard rattles like crazy from the middle portion when I go over roads with very rough asphalt. This one has a mind of its own and appears out of the blue.

Now since a day or two, my steering produces a creeking sound when I take a U turn. If I shut off the ignition and then move the steering (left to right), I hear a good bit of creeking sound coming from the steering rod area. My next service is due on 27th Dec where I'll bring up these issues but wanted to check with you guys if someone has faced something similar. This really spoils all the fun of driving a new vehicle.

Last edited by k.sumit : 4th December 2015 at 20:37.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 20:36   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Guys, I am really getting irritated now with sounds coming from all directions while I drive the vehicle. First, it seems that the boot lid doesn't close properly and every time I have someone sitting at the back, I keep hearing a grinding metal sound over small undulations. I have tried a lot to identify where its coming from but all efforts in vain. Next, the dashboard rattles like crazy from the middle portion when I go over roads with very rough asphalt. This one has a mind of its own and appears out of the blue.

Now since a day or two, my steering produces a creeking sound when I take a U turn. If I shut off the ignition and then move the steering (left to right), I hear a good bit of creeking sound coming from the steering rod area. My next service is due on 27th Dec where I'll bring up these issues but wanted to check with you guys if someone has faced something similar. This really is spoils all the fun of driving a new vehicle.
I have the grinding metal sound at the back and dashboard sound as well. The rear sound is due to the carpet padding clip popping out get it fixed. The Dashboard sound is on and off and I have not asked them to touch the dashboard.
ritayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 20:44   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
I have the grinding metal sound at the back and dashboard sound as well. The rear sound is due to the carpet padding clip popping out get it fixed.
Can I do that on my own? Can you specify which clip are you referring to? Dashboard sound is on an off for me too and it suddenly creeps in. The latest addition being the creeking sound from the steering has made me go paranoid.
Old 4th December 2015, 20:52   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post

Now since a day or two, my steering produces a creeking sound when I take a U turn. If I shut off the ignition and then move the steering (left to right), I hear a good bit of creeking sound coming from the steering rod area. My next service is due on 27th Dec where I'll bring up these issues but wanted to check with you guys if someone has faced something similar. This really spoils all the fun of driving a new vehicle.
Hi k.sumit. I have been hearing that dashboard sound too. It's a very faint sound. As if some screw or something very small is vibrating. Seems to come from the left hand side. Initially I thought that the plastic cover of the left hand side sun visor was rubbing against the roof. That doesn't seem to be the case. Even heard that grinding sound. Sounds more like a clanging sound. Very difficult to describe. But it definitely sounds metallic. It comes when the car hits a very bad patch of road. Not sure if it is related to the front axle or shocks.

My last free service is due on 31st January, 2016. I think I will wait till then and investigate a bit. Request you and ritayan to post an update on this thread once you guys get the matter sorted.

Sometimes I wonder whether all this cost cutting that Honda did in the Jazz to lower its price, as compared to previous generations, is the cause of all these noises. I think even the new City seems to have issues with regards to overall fit (no pun intended) and finish as compared to previous generations.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 4th December 2015 at 20:53.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 20:59   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
I have the grinding metal sound at the back and dashboard sound as well. The rear sound is due to the carpet padding clip popping out get it fixed. The Dashboard sound is on and off and I have not asked them to touch the dashboard.
Hi ritayan. Are you sure that it's the carpet padding clip? I mean, in my case the sound seems to be coming from the front underside. Though I am not 100% sure. Could be that your issue is different. Can you please post a picture of this clip?
Old 4th December 2015, 22:05   #1046
BHPian

I can confirm that too. In my Jazz, there is a metal touching plastic like sound from the center portion of the dash board when riding in potholes or gravelly roads. Maybe honda has not done enough padding in that area
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 22:29   #1047
BHPian

Hi guys some of these sounds rattles have been experienced in previous gen Jazz and I have identified and addressed those. You can try these simple solutions as well on your own.
I haven't heard a grinding noise though.
Recently I have been getting noise from steering column near the rake adjustment lever, seems the lever has got a tiny bit loose. Will update if I find solution.
Request you to read the thread below and share your solutions as well.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164473
naikameya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 01:19   #1048
BHPian

Totally second your thoughts. I still have total faith in Honda's mechanical aspect but this cost cutting has really hit the plastic quality and overall fit and finish. The reason for me to go for Honda was for a niggle free experience. Of course, over a period of time, things do need attention but I never thought that I'll run into rattling issues so soon with just 2 months and 1400 on the ODO. I was aware that the plastic quality is not as good as Elite i20 but the more I check her these days, the more my heart tells me that its not gonna last the distance. Small things like the boot lid opener and the chrome slapped on the bonnet are so flimsy. Even my 2010 i10 had better quality plastic in those areas. I've got multiple issues with my vehicle:

1. Gear vibrates (seems its grinding with something beneath) and is most noticeable on 3rd. Lethargic response by service team stating that its with most petrol vehicles
2. Kat Kat sound from the back (around boot area) whenever she goes over undulations
3. On a rare occasion, when I accidentally lugged the car at 10 kmph on the third gear, the non driver seat began to vibrate violently and was making good bit of noise along. Never saw that happening with the previous cars I've owned.
4. Recent one being the steering noise when I take U turns and also when I turn off the ignition and move the steering right to left and visa-versa.

I am really sensitive to small rattles and the above is simply driving me crazy. I'm at a place where this one service center is bombarded with vehicles for service and am not sure if I'll be attended in case I go without prior information. Will try to book an appointment and visit them in the next couple of weeks. Overall, it has killed the pleasure of owning a brand new vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi k.sumit. I have been hearing that dashboard sound too. It's a very faint sound. As if some screw or something very small is vibrating. Seems to come from the left hand side. Initially I thought that the plastic cover of the left hand side sun visor was rubbing against the roof. That doesn't seem to be the case. Even heard that grinding sound. Sounds more like a clanging sound. Very difficult to describe. But it definitely sounds metallic. It comes when the car hits a very bad patch of road. Not sure if it is related to the front axle or shocks.

My last free service is due on 31st January, 2016. I think I will wait till then and investigate a bit. Request you and ritayan to post an update on this thread once you guys get the matter sorted.

Sometimes I wonder whether all this cost cutting that Honda did in the Jazz to lower its price, as compared to previous generations, is the cause of all these noises. I think even the new City seems to have issues with regards to overall fit (no pun intended) and finish as compared to previous generations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Hi guys some of these sounds rattles have been experienced in previous gen Jazz and I have identified and addressed those. You can try these simple solutions as well on your own.
I haven't heard a grinding noise though.
Recently I have been getting noise from steering column near the rake adjustment lever, seems the lever has got a tiny bit loose. Will update if I find solution.
Request you to read the thread below and share your solutions as well.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164473
Exactly the issue I'm facing from the last couple of days. Do share your inputs in case you're able to figure out the source.

Last edited by k.sumit : 5th December 2015 at 01:22.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 10:08   #1049
BHPian

[quote=k.sumit;3862989
1. Gear vibrates (seems its grinding with something beneath) and is most noticeable on 3rd. Lethargic response by service team stating that its with most petrol vehicles
2. Kat Kat sound from the back (around boot area) whenever she goes over undulations
3. On a rare occasion, when I accidentally lugged the car at 10 kmph on the third gear, the non driver seat began to vibrate violently and was making good bit of noise along. Never saw that happening with the previous cars I've owned.
4. Recent one being the steering noise when I take U turns and also when I turn off the ignition and move the steering right to left and visa-versa.
[/quote]

1. Present in all Petrol Jazz!. I complained the same to my SA and they brought two other Jazzs home. Checked both of those and both had that sound. It is a common thing due to that wierd gear box. Also, downshifting to 2nd and 1st is a bit hard too. I am comparing it with my i20. Thats why so much complaints
2. Never experienced. May be a car specific issue. Something must have been loose. Did you check the spare wheel section? The nuts and bolts and even the tools below the mat? Something must have been loose.
3. It is due to the engine resonance. Check wikipedia for the same. But that passenger seat rattled just because it was vacant and enough grease was not in the slider region. Else there must be some loose bolts there too.
4. No steering noise observed so far. Car ran 3500 kms. Maybe car specific problem
vishnurajanme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 11:16   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Also, downshifting to 2nd and 1st is a bit hard too.
Hi vishurajanme. Even I have noticed this occasionally. Intact even my old WagonR had this issue. Could it be that it happens if we downshift into the 2nd/1st gear at higher than optimal RPMs? Saying this because this because I have noticed this when I am riding on open stretches when the car easily crosses 70kmph but have to then stop at signals. No abrupt breaking involved though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks