Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:34   #1111
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
I have a question for all of us here -

hershlulla ( picked up an Urban Titanium Jazz VMT i-VTEC on Sunday ) and I noticed that the output of the stereo system is particularly low when songs are streamed via Bluetooth. The same isn't the case with the 4th gen Honda City. Any similar observations? Was anyone able to get around this?

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
By any chance was the volume level on the phone low when streaming? That will impact the volume on the HU side in the car.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:54   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
By any chance was the volume level on the phone low when streaming? That will impact the volume on the HU side in the car.
Oh yes, this could have been the reason! Ill have Hersh check this for us. Has me worried since yesterday.

Thanks a ton for the pointer, Praveen.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:04   #1113

Finally my dear Jazz has been admitted!

Dealer is checking the seat belt rattle. It also had small scratches on front bumper and rear door. Dealer is charging around Rs 4500. Not sure if that's right amount or not

Hopefully they will resolve the rattle issue!

Forgot to mention 1 thing.

My family felt need of "Rear seat head rests" on long tour we had..I am sorry for this novice query..

Is it possible to somehow get head rests for my V Model?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd December 2015 at 19:39. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit you existing post within the 30 minute window, to add contents to it.
Old 22nd December 2015, 23:43   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Oh yes, this could have been the reason! Ill have Hersh check this for us. Has me worried since yesterday.

Thanks a ton for the pointer, Praveen.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Praveen and Shivang, you guys had me worried! Worried enough to go down to the parking lot as soon as I saw this post

So, volume level was low on the phone. I gave the system a thorough test and here's what I felt:
- Output is A-OK on USB, Aux (using a good-quality Belkin cable) or Bluetooth. Works just fine. I tried the same song via all modes and the only thing I can hear is the sweet notes of the song
- I have set Bass and Treble to median levels, as I am not a big fan of very bassy output.
- Volume goes upto a max of 40. I stopped at 30 because it became deafening by then, and at that level there was hardly any jarring or drop in sound quality even then.

Rest assured, the output is just fine!

The controls on the AV work swell, and setting up is darn easy.

Here are a couple of pics, one with the 3 Hondas lined up (Jazz VMT, City ZX, Dio), right after a late-night wash. I'm sure the enthusiasm in washing the car myself will wane over the next few days, but it feels good to treat her special while she's new.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20151222wa0005.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20151222wa0007.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd December 2015 at 11:22. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
hershlulla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:56   #1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Looks like Honda is giving less importance to quality control

Took test drives of Jazz iDtec and Polo TDI last week. Really disappointed with overall quality of Jazz. Honda seems to have done lot of cost cutting to offer the car at competitive prices.

I and my wife instantly liked Polo TDI. It compensates insufficient rear space with everything else. Just went ahead and booked Polo TDI.
Sarmaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:39   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyv View Post
It also had small scratches on front bumper and rear door. Dealer is charging around Rs 4500. Not sure if that's right amount or not
The amount seems to be right. I was charged a similar amount when my driver side door was painted. The dealer however told me that they would require to paint the entire door (which they clearly didn't). Did you happen to ask you dealer if only the affected area would be painted or the entire door?

Do also update us when your rattle issue is resolved. If possible do mention all the 'technical' stuff too. My car is having a similar issue. I intend to bring this up when my servicing is due in January/February 2016.
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:09   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
Praveen and Shivang, you guys had me worried! Worried enough to go down to the parking lot as soon as I saw this post

So, volume level was low on the phone. I gave the system a thorough test and here's what I felt:
- Output is A-OK on USB, Aux (using a good-quality Belkin cable) or Bluetooth. Works just fine. I tried the same song via all modes and the only thing I can hear is the sweet notes of the song
- I have set Bass and Treble to median levels, as I am not a big fan of very bassy output.
- Volume goes upto a max of 40. I stopped at 30 because it became deafening by then, and at that level there was hardly any jarring or drop in sound quality even then.

Rest assured, the output is just fine!

The controls on the AV work swell, and setting up is darn easy.
Attachment 1452621
Thats great to know!! I have a couple more questions. How many phones can we pair via bluetooth with the HU. Suppose I have my phone connected via bluetooth and synced for contacts, is it possible to connect another passengers phone only for music streaming and not sync passengers contacts? I havent used a car bluetooth system so far, hence the query.
Old 23rd December 2015, 22:15   #1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
The amount seems to be right. I was charged a similar amount when my driver side door was painted. The dealer however told me that they would require to paint the entire door (which they clearly didn't). Did you happen to ask you dealer if only the affected area would be painted or the entire door?

Do also update us when your rattle issue is resolved. If possible do mention all the 'technical' stuff too. My car is having a similar issue. I intend to bring this up when my servicing is due in January/February 2016.
Dealer mentioned that they will paint just the affected area. Today I got the call from dealer saying that they could not fix issue and have ordered some replacement. I will get details on tomorrow. Will keep you updated.
Old 24th December 2015, 03:53   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I have received the center arm-rest from aliexpress. I have assembled it and installed it. It fits in well no hindrance with hand brake, gives good support, fit and finish is good. Could not click pictures since I left my phone at home while installing it. Pictures will follow soon.
Can you give the link?
Old 24th December 2015, 11:51   #1120
BHPian

My Jazz will be due it's 1st Service (1000km/1 month) in the beginning of January.
What should I be expecting and how much should it cost (it's meant to be a free service)?
What consumables should be replaced?
Also I am planning a long road trip in January, any additional precautions to take in the 1st service?
Old 24th December 2015, 12:27   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Can you give the link?
Here is the link.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7...70287952589850

Incase you are planning to order from aliexpress please note that delivery time is around 45 days. The vendor will dispatch within a week but it takes a lot of time to route it through Kolkata. Try for express shipping by paying a little extra.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 14:33   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Here is the link.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7...70287952589850

Incase you are planning to order from aliexpress please note that delivery time is around 45 days. The vendor will dispatch within a week but it takes a lot of time to route it through Kolkata. Try for express shipping by paying a little extra.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/181957380551?...84.m1438.l2649

is this the same?
Old 24th December 2015, 14:37   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Looks similar but is this cup holder mounted or screwed?

If its cup holder mounted, this is a very good deal and you should get it.
Old 24th December 2015, 16:26   #1124
BHPian

I wonder if the 2015 Jazz is due for some kind recall. Or if there is some issue with these early batch vehicles. Received a call sometime back. It was some sort of survey. The first question they asked me was if the car was facing any trouble while braking. Then they asked me if there was any issue with the steering. I wonder what are they trying to ascertain with questions about such sensitive/safety related topics. The only issue which seems to be bothering me is that rattling noise from the dashboard (or some place on the left hand side). I told them about this during the call.

I am supposed to take the car out on its first out-of-city drive tomorrow, Mumbai-Bhandardhara (160kms). But after listening to such steering/braking related questions I am having doubts.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 24th December 2015 at 16:27.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 10:10   #1125
BHPian

Guys,
Need an urgent help. I just took delivery of my new Jazz yesterday. The car was fine when we took delivery. We drive for almost 1.5 hrs to reach home. When I reached home, I found the high beam and fog lamps misted at the bottom portion. This is really strange. When I took the vehicle the headlamps and fogs were crystal clear. I have seen some vehicles mist up after wash and they go way after you use light. But in my case its misting after I use lights. See the pics.

Should this worry me?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0051.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0044.jpg  

Last edited by madbullram : 25th December 2015 at 10:17. Reason: adding pictures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks