Old 17th January 2016, 09:40   #1201
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

The accessories price list for everyone's benefit -

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_29921.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_29931.jpg

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by Aditya : 18th January 2016 at 07:25. Reason: Correcting image orientation
MetalBuff is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 13:31   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz : Official Review

These prices are fit for a BMW or Mercedes! Skoda accessory price list is much cheaper!🙃 I am sure they can offer some discounts.
Old 20th January 2016, 21:35   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
These prices are fit for a BMW or Mercedes! Skoda accessory price list is much cheaper!�� I am sure they can offer some discounts.
Tried our luck(at multiple dealerships) during the purchase drill and no discount on accessories was offered. When I probed a higher up, he added that the dealers have a very thin (read 10%) margin so, they do not and cannot offer any waivers.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 20th January 2016 at 21:37.
Old 21st January 2016, 06:53   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Tried our luck(at multiple dealerships) during the purchase drill and no discount on accessories was offered. When I probed a higher up, he added that the dealers have a very thin (read 10%) margin so, they do not and cannot offer any waivers.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Shivang, I think you can try bargaining with the dealers a bit more. I got a few accessories added at the time of delivery in September. I got the Black Jacquard fabric covers for INR 4500, side step illumination for 5000 and mud flaps for 1500. We were offered reverse sensors (beep only) for INR 3500 but didn't get those as we did not feel the need. These were inclusive of all taxes and installation. The prices across dealerships are varied because Honda never released an official price list. I know of few other owners too who got accessories at similar prices.
mandywanders is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 11:46   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
The accessories price list for everyone's benefit -

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Thanks Shivang.
Is Honda really thinking Jazz is a Merc B class? This pricelist fits a Merc or a Beemer and not a 8 lakh hatchback, esp. the likes of hand rest or spoilers.

BTW, has anyone tried to replace the reflector lights at the hatch with the LED brake lights? Is it possible / feasible / advisable?

Last edited by advaitlele : 21st January 2016 at 11:47. Reason: corrected spelling mistake
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 12:37   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Thanks Shivang.

BTW, has anyone tried to replace the reflector lights at the hatch with the LED brake lights? Is it possible / feasible / advisable?
I saw those supplementary brake lights on a display-only Jazz at the dealer's when we had gone to take delivery of ours, 2 weeks ago. We were given a demo and they really do look cool! Will set you back by 7-8 grands (don't recollect the exact price but, definitely less than 8000). Also, they are also covered by a 1 year warranty.

Needless to say, these are offered at the dealer level.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 21st January 2016 at 12:38.
Old 21st January 2016, 13:48   #1207
BHPian

Great. Thanks Shivang.
I am tempted to ask Deccan Honda for this change, and though 8k is a bit steep, I may end up going for it.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 20:20   #1208
BHPian

Hi everyone, has anyone considered HID conversion kits? The one available below is a plug and play unit and should be a safe bet to keep the warranty intact. Thoughts?

Link to HID
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00N...f_rd_i=desktop

Link to Ballast
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 05:39   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Hi everyone, has anyone considered HID conversion kits? The one available below is a plug and play unit and should be a safe bet to keep the warranty intact. Thoughts?

Link to HID

Link to Ballast
HIDs in stock reflector will just blind oncoming traffic.
fre2bpowerless is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 17:17   #1210
BHPian

Hello to all. Just got the Jazz back from the third and last free servicing. Main issues were the rattles. One of these was a metallic rattle coming from what I thought was the front underside. Apparently it turned out to be coming from the rear bumper. It seems that those rear parking sensors have some box like equipment that is installed inside the rear bumper. There is some 'bracket' to hold it in place. In my car this 'bracket' was not installed correctly. As a result the box like structure has come loose and was hanging freely. Also many other screws were not tightened properly during the installation of these sensors. Now, whether this is the correct reason or not, that metallic rattle has more or less disappeared. Didn't hear it while bringing the car from the workshop. As far as those dashboard/b-pillar rattles are concerned, I was told that some screws were tightened and some foam was put to check those.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 18:10   #1211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi k.sumit, jazzyv. Any updates on the rattle issue guys? k.sumit, I believe you were supposed to take your Jazz for servicing in late December. Were the rattles resolved and if yes what was the reason mentioned by the workshop for these rattles developing at such an early stage? Would really like to know all the technical details, if possible.
Hello Flanker99,

Yes finally today my rattle issues have been addressed. There were 3 root causes:

1. Driver side Seat Belt- Product issue. Honda replaced the assembly.

2. Rear seat was not tightly fixed. All screws have been tightened now.

3. Hood stick (the one used for bonnet holding) clip is not tight enough to hold the stick on rough roads. It used to get released from clip and constantly touch engine causing noise. My service center did not fix it instead asked me to use some thread to keep it stuck to clip

Overall I am satisfied now.

Unfortunately today I noticed that my Jack went missing. For sure it was misplaced by service center guys during one of dent and paint service. But now its been a month and service center says can't find it for me :( Looks like I will have to purchase it. Cost is around Rs 950.

Take care and Drive safe !
jazzyv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 19:16   #1212
BHPian

According to my VIN, my car was manufactured in July 2015. Probably the first batch of the current generation Jazz's to be manufactured in India. Just wondering if all the first batches of cars have defects like loose seats and such. Problems while installing accessories is one thing but defects while installing standard equipment seems to be ridiculous. While I was taking a trial run of the car while handing it over for servicing I asked the technician if he thought that the current generation Jazz has poor fit (no pun intended) and finish. He replied in the affirmative and said that the new City had the same issues. To be very honest all these methods of using foam and duct tape to fix rattles and such issues just seem to be jugaad like solutions which I never expected from Honda, of all manufacturers. The current Jazz is a half baked product with space being it's only saving grace. Period.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 20:31   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
HIDs in stock reflector will just blind oncoming traffic.
Thanks! wasn't aware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
According to my VIN, my car was manufactured in July 2015. Probably the first batch of the current generation Jazz's to be manufactured in India. Just wondering if all the first batches of cars have defects like loose seats and such. Problems while installing accessories is one thing but defects while installing standard equipment seems to be ridiculous. While I was taking a trial run of the car while handing it over for servicing I asked the technician if he thought that the current generation Jazz has poor fit (no pun intended) and finish. He replied in the affirmative and said that the new City had the same issues. To be very honest all these methods of using foam and duct tape to fix rattles and such issues just seem to be jugaad like solutions which I never expected from Honda, of all manufacturers. The current Jazz is a half baked product with space being it's only saving grace. Period.
I second your thoughts. I missed out on taking snaps when I saw the plastic near the front quarter glass was popping out of its place. Second instance was when I visited service center and opened the passenger side front door to realize that the plastic capping around the glove-box sidewall was hanging out and the SA literally twisted it multiple times so that it got back in and remain locked. I guess Honda did not give a damn while choosing the plastic quality to be used. This car makes me regret my decision every time it hits a pothole. At the moment, the only thing that I've been completely satisfied with is space and the engine.

Last edited by k.sumit : 27th January 2016 at 20:32.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 21:33   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
This car makes me regret my decision every time it hits a pothole.
To be very honest I haven't reached that phase yet. And I hope that I ever won't. But it definitely pains me when I hear all these noises and see evidence of cost cutting.

But why blame just Honda? Check out the Baleno thread. That car's body panels seem to be from a different segment altogether. And I am not referring to higher segments. The i20 seems to be a very competent product. Only if Hyundai hadn't cut down on the safety equipment (6 airbags to 2) and hadn't provided an uninspiring petrol then the i20 would have been a serious contender for my Wagon R's replacement. As for the Polo, despite the claims of the top notch German build quality the Polo thread does show evidence of few shoddy jobs here and there. But in my opinion these are not as bad as the new Jazz. And lastly the Liva. My dad drives an Etios. To be very brief, in my opinion the Etios twins are Toyota's take on the Nano. Except that cost cutting is the only thing their engineers and designers had in mind from the word go. When I hear the rattles in my dad's 2 year old Etios, forget the Jazz even our 11 year WagonR felt quite.

All Indian car manufacturers seem to be taking the common man for a ride by cutting down on previously offered features or on the build quality. Slight OT, but I am really looking forward to the BRV's pricing. Won't be surprised if Honda makes a bigger blunder as compared to the Jazz's pricing.
Old 28th January 2016, 09:32   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Those are just HID bulbs. You need projector housing lens also. Projectors help throw (or project) light in straight line.

Your current housing will just throw light everywhere at random directions, terrible!

Example of projector lens-
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks