Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2016, 01:11   #1261
BHPian

Has anyone got Honda connect for their jazz. My dealer says it is applicable for cars manufactured post December 15.
Old 5th March 2016, 05:48   #1262
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Any chance we'll see a price drop in the Jazz after the massive success Baleno has had ?
Saravcshah,
Dealers across India are not offering any sort of discount or freebie on Jazz. If you can buy 2015 model then probably you can try your luck.
Hope this helps in booking the car.
Old 5th March 2016, 12:31   #1263
BHPian

Came across this interesting information:
"Honda planning Jazz based 2FM crossover, January 2017 launch"

Refer to the link:

http://www.motoroids.com/news/honda-...y-2017-launch/

This sounds interesting!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 15:53   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Since Maruti has been recommending Shell,Servo and Total 0w20 oils for its Ciaz and Baleno, can we use the same for our Jazz with 1.2 Ivtec?

I came across this on Honda india site, but seems to be for the US models.

Will a 0w20 stick it out for Ahmedabad summer which sees 2 months of 40+ heat?

https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...046-13011.html

Last edited by devarshi84 : 5th March 2016 at 15:57.
Old 5th March 2016, 16:57   #1265
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Since Maruti has been recommending Shell,Servo and Total 0w20 oils for its Ciaz and Baleno, can we use the same for our Jazz with 1.2 Ivtec?

I came across this on Honda india site, but seems to be for the US models.

Will a 0w20 stick it out for Ahmedabad summer which sees 2 months of 40+ heat?

https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...046-13011.html
The oil grades which you can put in your car are specified in the owner manual. For the 2015 City, 0W-20 is the preferred oil for better fuel economy as per the manual. But where does one get hold of this grade. I did my first routine oil change and didn't specify anything, and Honda put in 5W-30 mineral as per the invoice. Am pretty sure 0W-20 is full synthetic. Since I've done just 3K km so far in 6 months, I am planning to switch over to synthetic oil in my next service.
Old 7th March 2016, 00:18   #1266
Senior - BHPian

0w20 is available in shell hx8 0w20, total Smc 0w20, and servo 0w20. Total must be semi And servo mineral is my guess
Old 7th March 2016, 15:53   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Has anyone got Honda connect for their jazz. My dealer says it is applicable for cars manufactured post December 15.

I think this Honda Connect device is a OBD2 device. As long as your vehicle has a OBD2 port it should work. Obviously we can't use a Honda Connect in any other brand.

I did ask my SA during my last visit (late January 2016). He said that it would work in my Jazz (July 2015 manufactured).
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 20:06   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Since I've done just 3K km so far in 6 months, I am planning to switch over to synthetic oil in my next service.
I'd recommend to wait till you complete 10k kms and then make a switch to fully synth. 3k is too early IMHO.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 22:28   #1269

Picked up my Golden Brown Jazz V CVT over the weekend. Here are my initial thoughts. Will start off with the bad ones (all my comparisons are with my previous xcent AT):

-> No mute button on the steering wheel is a big pain, especially on the steering control.
-> Wish the up down / song controller on steering was on the right instead of the left. I usually rest my left hand and now every time i have to move.
-> Wish it had an auto close orvm. I park in tight spaces and if i forget to close mine, someone is going to conk it off.
-> Biggest miss is the auto dimming. I certainly miss that. People keep flashing lights and drive using high beam and that irritates a lot. Sorely miss this one.
->Rear view camera on the dash is a little painful. I liked how xcent had it on the IRVM. I got a rear parking sensor from Honda and they are placed on the left extreme on the dashboard. Needs to get used to this. Also, camera is extremely grainy during nights.
->Full shut off for ac not available.
->ORVM are on the smaller side, Horn is pathetic

Now to the good ones:
-> From a 4 speed AT to CVT of Jazz is a big step up. Drives really well and power packed comparatively.
-> Loads of space. Folding seats are a big plus (though missed out on magic seats).
-> Quality of plastics are not bad at all. A lot of people said Hyundai has the better ones but did not see / feel a big difference.
-> Got the Michelin XM1 tires on mine. Drives very well / road noise on the lower side.
-> Love the dials on dash. FE / Range was not there in xcent and it is a nice feature.
->AC is really good and quickly cools the cabin. Not missing the rear vents on xcent.

I started hearing some rattle / noise and was thinking to myself "wow the famous rattle". Luckily, it was just the zipper of the headrests (PU car seats) i got installed in Honda. A small tape took care of it.

Enjoying the ride so far and hope it gets better. Most of my comparisons are with xcent SX(O) AT I had before this one.
VolBrat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 09:22   #1270
BHPian

Hello all,

Had taken my Jazz V MT (petrol) for a short spin last week - a 1400 km spin from Mumbai - Goa - GanapatiPule - Mumbai. Had taken the Kolhapur-Belgavi-Chorla route to Goa and then the coastal route on the way back. Here's how the car fared on both.

Mumbai to Goa via breezy 4-6 lane roads
This is something that goes without saying, but the Jazz was perhaps the best hatchback I've ever driven on a good highway. Overtakes were clean, acceleration was linear and simple. I tried to maintain the speed between 75-105 kmph at all times, with a light foot on the accelerator. At no time did I need to floor the car for speed because there was always enough to work with. The end result - 18 kmpl on the 660 km stretch, with the AC on at all times except the first 2 hours since I left home at 3:30 am. This included some high-revving 3rd gear overtakes in the ghats towards the end and a disastrous wrong turn near Belgavi where I lost 30 minutes to bad city roads and traffic. (P.S. The mileage was 18.3 kmpl from Andheri in Mumbai to Hinjewadi in Pune, a distance of 144 km).

The engine did surprisingly well even with the infamous 3rd gear pickup, which I think is not really an issue if you change into 3rd anytime after 1600 rpm. All in all, an absolutely SMASHING drive experience.

Goa to Ganapatipule to Mumbai
Before I begin, a side note to anybody looking to do the trip back from Goa - ALWAYS come back via Kolhapur-Pune. It's a much better road since there is a lot of 4-laning work ongoing on the old route. Yes, it's a few km more, but the end result and drive is totally worth it. My Jazz is now sitting in the car park with a deflated rear tire, coz I believe it got punctured somewhere along the end of the highway at Panvel owing to TERRIBLE roads and construction paraphernalia strewn around carelessly. I also suffered a few minor scratches from bushes and brambles at the place we stayed in South Goa, since it was a bit into the wilderness. Pains my heart now, but this shall be dealt with too.

I'd give about 80 km to touristy drives within Goa and Ganaptipule, low-speed, low-gear, easy going drives on interior roads and hills. Then comes the 600 km-odd trip on the way back. The 2-laned, 2-way roads led to the need of a LOT of overtakes (truck and ST bus drives have terrible ego issues, which means some of these weren't quick since you have to keep waiting for the lane to be clear).

The road is bad in sections, but the car handled well again - on ghats as well as straight stretches. Ground clearance helps tremendously and I noticed a few sedans grinding their underbodies on the good ol' village speedbreakers that are probably meant for this very purpose. But for the Jazz, this was an absolute cinch. The 2 drives (Goa to Ganapatipule, and then Ganapatipule-Mumbai) were 7 am to 3 pm drives, with moderate traffic in parts, ghats AND the temperature control set to 22 degrees. Here, the Jazz still managed to give 16+ kmpl!

Total trip summary
- Awesome drive. Yes, the car has some inherent flaws but I probably cannot take ANYTHING from the driving experience.
- Handled like a cute, lil' Labrador pup that loves you back all the time, always comforting and cozy, and all you end up doing is aww everytime it roars
- Just enough power, just enough jazz
- Amazing mileage

The Jazz has been washed by our regular car-washing guy in the apartment, but I will be giving it some personal care and a good, thorough cleaning this week. After all, it's been a fabulous machine that continues to bring so much joy with every drive! The tire will be checked too, and hopefully I won't have anything major to deal with.

And to end this long-drawn post, some photos. Hope you enjoyed the long read!

Honda Jazz : Official Review-wp_20160302_12_56_52_pro.jpg
Sitting pretty, a 100 km from Panaji

Honda Jazz : Official Review-wp_20160302_05_41_07_pro.jpg
Mumbai to Pune @ 18.3 kmpl

Honda Jazz : Official Review-wp_20160302_16_11_50_pro.jpg
Mumbai to Goa @ 18 kmpl

Honda Jazz : Official Review-wp_20160303_18_49_41_pro.jpg
Against the sunset, resting after a long day

Honda Jazz : Official Review-wp_20160305_18_30_48_pro.jpg
Enjoying the view

Honda Jazz : Official Review-wp_20160306_18_32_55_pro.jpg
Trip done - 1400+ km at an average of 17 kmpl. That's good for me!
hershlulla is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 10:32   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
Hello all,

Had taken my Jazz V MT (petrol) for a short spin last week - a 1400 km spin from Mumbai - Goa - GanapatiPule - Mumbai.
Hi hershlulla. The pics are good. If possible do write a travelogue. Mumbai-Ganapatipule-Mumbai is one trip I have been waiting for. Had planned one in 2013 but had to cancel it. You think it'd doable at one stretch or should one take a break?
Old 8th March 2016, 10:39   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
I think this Honda Connect device is a OBD2 device. As long as your vehicle has a OBD2 port it should work. Obviously we can't use a Honda Connect in any other brand.

I did ask my SA during my last visit (late January 2016). He said that it would work in my Jazz (July 2015 manufactured).
Dear Flanker99,
I had seen the advt for the Honda Connect and I immediately registered for it on the website.
I got a call from them in a very short time.
Unfortunately, I was told that only Jazz cars sold after 15 Dec 2015 can have the device fitted.
I checked with my SA and he too confirmed it. However, he said that he would try to find a way to fit it in my Oct 2015 Jazz V CVT. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
That reminds me - I have to follow up with him!

However, if you can find out how to connect it to a Jazz which has is before 15 Dec 2015, could you please let us all know? Thanking you in advance.

Girish Mahajan
Old 8th March 2016, 10:48   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Flanker99,
I had seen the advt for the Honda Connect and I immediately registered for it on the website.
I got a call from them in a very short time.
Unfortunately, I was told that only Jazz cars sold after 15 Dec 2015 can have the device fitted.
I checked with my SA and he too confirmed it. However, he said that he would try to find a way to fit it in my Oct 2015 Jazz V CVT. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
That reminds me - I have to follow up with him!

However, if you can find out how to connect it to a Jazz which has is before 15 Dec 2015, could you please let us all know? Thanking you in advance.

Girish Mahajan
Hi Girish

Do keep me update on the progress. I want to get it and mine is September 15 manufactured.

Ritayan
ritayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 11:46   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
You think it'd doable at one stretch or should one take a break?
Hey Flanker99

If you are saying do-able in a single day, I would say it is do-able in the practical sense of it. Driving back on a Sunday took me about 7 hours. But the road isn't great in patches and traffic can be a bother. So a 4-10 am drive and 4 to 11 pm drive should work out fine. But I'd always recommend staying back a day since there's quite a lot to do there.

Do get in touch if you need any info and I'd be more than happy to help you with any questions.

And the travelogue, that's a definite YES when I get some more time on my hands.

Cheers!
Old 8th March 2016, 13:17   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
Hey Flanker99

If you are saying do-able in a single day, I would say it is do-able in the practical sense of it. Driving back on a Sunday took me about 7 hours. But the road isn't great in patches and traffic can be a bother. So a 4-10 am drive and 4 to 11 pm drive should work out fine. But I'd always recommend staying back a day since there's quite a lot to do there.

Do get in touch if you need any info and I'd be more than happy to help you with any questions.

And the travelogue, that's a definite YES when I get some more time on my hands.

Cheers!
Hi hershlulla. Actually I meant Mumbai-Ganapatipule in one day. Not Mumbai-Ganapatipule-Mumbai. The latter is definitely a stretch.

And I guess the best place to stay in Ganapatipule would be the MTDC resort? Any alternatives? The trip would most likely be towards the year end. Diwali, maybe. Atleast that was the plan in 2013.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 8th March 2016 at 13:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks