Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 16:09   #1291
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I am in the process of booking a Honda Jazz V MT petrol, and the accessory price list is staggering!
Center armrest: 17500/- !! Is this right? Over 17000 for a center armrest looks rather steep to me.
The dealer is Crystal Honda at Satara.
Hi Ashishk29,
Congratulations on your decision. Yes the accessories at Honda dealership are on a costlier side and i would recommend buying the same from outside. The difference in seat cover prices vis-a-vis dealership and aftermarket runs into thousands and dealers make a killing in sales of seat covers. If you are thinking of buying center armrest, I would recommend you to check the website aliexpress. It seems they have accessories at a reasonable rate.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by MDED : 17th March 2016 at 16:37.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 16:13   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hi Ashishk29,
Congratulations on your decision. Yes the accessories at Honda dealership is on a costlier side and i would recommend buying the same from outside. The difference in seat cover prices vis-a-vis dealership and aftermarket runs into thousands and dealers make a killing in sales of seat covers. If you are thinking of buying center armrest, I would recommend you to check the website aliexpress. It seems they have accessories at a reasonable rate.
Hope this help!
Thanks a lot. Test drove the car and by god it's the smoothest thing I've ever driven. For comparison I had driven the Baleno, Swift, Dzire and Figo. Nothing compares to the smooth engine and drive train. Thoroughly impressed by the refinement.

Also, does import duty apply to stuff bought over aliexpress? Was wary of that bit. I'm trying to get seat covers for free from the dealer, let's see if that pans out.
In my town the sales for Sunset orange are a bit low, so I might get some extras. Hoping for the best.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 16:42   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Test drove the car and by god it's the smoothest thing I've ever driven. For comparison I had driven the Baleno, Swift, Dzire and Figo. Nothing compares to the smooth engine and drive train. Thoroughly impressed by the refinement.
Jazz SV MT Ivtech is a culmination of intense research for over one and half years for me. My intensity had grown to such level that at any point of time any advertisement of a car used to be aired on TV or on radio or in print, my wife will go crazy and shut her ears, thinking that I will start talking about the pros and cons of the cars and I will immediately start telling her what t-bhp and its members have to say about these cars

Though Jazz was not on top of my list, par wo kehte hain na honi ko koi nahi taal sakta and I am ecstatic at my selection. Which variant of Jazz you have booked and how much is the delivery time? Getting any freebie with Jazz is one thing for which you can be proud of. Dealers across India are not offering anything on Jazz. If they do not agree for seat covers, do insist for door mats and mud flaps.

Safe drives!
Old 17th March 2016, 17:16   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Jazz SV MT Ivtech is a culmination of intense research for over one and half years for me.
It absolutely shows in the way this engine responds! What I liked most is they've completely gotten rids of the knocking caused when driving at low RPM in any gear.

Quote:
Though Jazz was not on top of my list, par wo kehte hain na honi ko koi nahi taal sakta and I am ecstatic at my selection. Which variant of Jazz you have booked and how much is the delivery time? Getting any freebie with Jazz is one thing for which you can be proud of. Dealers across India are not offering anything on Jazz. If they do not agree for seat covers, do insist for door mats and mud flaps.

Safe drives!
Exactly my condition. Jazz wasn't top on my list either.

I've opted for the V MT petrol.
Delivery time could've been as short as 15 days, but I opted to get it in May. Won't be able to pick it up in between.

I'm trying to get the dealer to give seat covers, floor mats as freebies I think he's agreed to both(My dad did the haggling, he's rather good at it).
I'm also thinking of getting bumper and door protectors. Do you reckon I should get them from Honda or outside?

Main thing I'm looking for is a reverse parking sensor. While the reversing camera is present, I still prefer the parking sensor for situations where you can't really keep looking at the screen while parking.
Old 17th March 2016, 17:23   #1295
mxh
BHPian

Reverse sensor is really not required if you know what you're doing. I was debating the same thing when I bought my city recently. Then remembered that I had driven a baleno all these years and never crashed into anything while reversing. So I did not buy it. Even if you buy reverse sensors definitely don't go for the Honda accessory cause it's around 5 times the market price.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 19:26   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Reverse sensor is really not required if you know what you're doing. I was debating the same thing when I bought my city recently. Then remembered that I had driven a baleno all these years and never crashed into anything while reversing. So I did not buy it. Even if you buy reverse sensors definitely don't go for the Honda accessory cause it's around 5 times the market price.
Thanks. I'm mainly thinking of those because parking a car in my apartment building is a real difficult situation.
What's the average price of an aftermarket reverse parking sensor kit? The Honda dealer here is offering it for about 3200. I'm only thinking of getting it from there so as to avoid voiding warranty.
Old 17th March 2016, 20:10   #1297
BHPian

I am almost sold on the Jazz. Eyeing for the V / VX variant (I need the alloys and am kind of liking that touchscreen ACC). Need a Diesel because my daily run is about 100km.

Requirement was for a car which can be workhorse+good Looking+good milage+safety equipped. Jazz fits most of the boxes IMHO. Some glaring omissions like absence of speed-sensitive-auto-lock notwithstanding.

Do you guys think the extra 45K is worth to go for the VX (over V)? I will do the Diesel TD tomorrow - looking forward. Coming from FordFigo - I am little sceptical whether Jazz can match the dynamics or not..
dieselOmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 20:21   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Reverse sensor is really not required if you know what you're doing. I was debating the same thing when I bought my city recently.
Completely agree with you. I always use my judgement and mirrors while reversing and the presence of a brilliant camera aids me in reversing correctly. Solely depending on sensor is not advisable and additionally it might be a drain on your battery too.
Old 17th March 2016, 21:05   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Also, does import duty apply to stuff bought over aliexpress? Was wary of that bit.
Member vprabhu got the armrest from aliexpress at a much lower cost than what the Honda dealers are quoting. Check his ownership report for details (search for The Soulful Honda Jazz VX)

By the way, congratulations on your latest car Welcome to the Jazz club
Old 17th March 2016, 23:19   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Completely agree with you. I always use my judgement and mirrors while reversing and the presence of a brilliant camera aids me in reversing correctly. Solely depending on sensor is not advisable and additionally it might be a drain on your battery too.
I won't be relying solely on the reverse sensor. Just as an added safety measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
Member vprabhu got the armrest from aliexpress at a much lower cost than what the Honda dealers are quoting. Check his ownership report for details (search for The Soulful Honda Jazz VX)

By the way, congratulations on your latest car Welcome to the Jazz club
Thank you. I'm checking out that review. A good armrest is a welcome addition for any driving condition. I am yet to take delivery of the car though
Old 18th March 2016, 13:13   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Do you guys think the extra 45K is worth to go for the VX (over V)?
Hi dieselOmaniac. The answer depends on how keen you are in black interiors and how often do you plan on using those Magic Seats. Those are the only two positive plus points of the VX over V.

It seems that 'most' the beige in the lower variants can easily be converted to black using seats covers and such. I say 'most' because I can't recall if there was beige colour in the dashboard and if it can be easily converted to black.

I personally chose the VX because I intend to put those rear seats to good use once I am allowed to get a pet dog someday. Till then the 'Tall' mode allows me keep my birdcage (have a pair of budgies) on the floor without worrying about spilling anything on the rear seats. Trust me, those seats aren't a marketing gimmick.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 15:07   #1302
BHPian

[quote=TD_GHY;3934122]Member vprabhu got the armrest from aliexpress at a much lower cost than what the Honda dealers are quoting. Check his ownership report for details (search for The Soulful Honda Jazz VX)

Very interested. Tried to buy it yesterday (around 71 usd all told), but aliexpress was unhappy with my axis bank debit card, and I couldn't find a way to pay through netbanking. Any suggestions?
Old 19th March 2016, 18:58   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi dieselOmaniac. The answer depends on how keen you are in black interiors and how often do you plan on using those Magic Seats. Those are the only two positive plus points of the VX over V.
Thanks Flanker99 for the response. I think in my case, V will serve my purpose well, in my present car I didn't feel the need to use the 60:40 even once. And I will mostly take a black seat-cover to neutralise the beige environment a bit.

Only thing is - in the main review, it was mentioned that seats quality is inferior in the lower versions (V and below) and its nowhere close to the quality & comfort of VX seats. That will be a concern for me. Any pointers?
Old 20th March 2016, 05:11   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Only thing is - in the main review, it was mentioned that seats quality is inferior in the lower versions (V and below) and its nowhere close to the quality & comfort of VX seats. That will be a concern for me. Any pointers?
Hi dieselOmaniac. The only time I sat in the V was during the test drive. And that too only the driver's seat. From what I recall there was not much perceptible difference in terms of comfort level between the V and VX. Also since a Wagon R was my previous car I can't say the quality, comfort or any other parameter was bad either. The benchmark itself was a bit modest . My dad sat in the rear seat and he didn't find it uncomfortable in any sort of way. The good legroom probably made up for any lack of under-thigh support or such things. Yes, the biggest issue is that there is no functional rear headrest. And by quality if you are referring to the quality of the fabric then that probably shouldn't matter a lot once you have put some seat covers.

There will always be some minor differences. But I doubt whether these are make or break deals. Do check these out during the cost to the showroom.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 13:18   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
I have driven a V as well as VX:

- The front seats are the same.
- The rear seats are more comfortable on the VX since they have the "magic" seat unit.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed