Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2016, 16:48   #1306
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi dieselOmaniac. The only time I sat in the V was during the test drive. And that too only the driver's seat. From what I recall there was not much perceptible difference in terms of comfort level between the V and VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I have driven a V as well as VX:
- The front seats are the same.
- The rear seats are more comfortable on the VX since they have the "magic" seat unit.
Thanks Flanker99 and ashishk29 for your inputs. I will stick to my requirement of V. Have plan to TD the car tomorrow (asked them to bring the V diesel for the TD), if my wifey approves the rear seat - its fine. Rear seat is of hardly any significance to me anyway

And if I finalise, what do you guys suggest as must have accessories for V variant - Seat cover / mudFlaps / Side step illumination / Parking sensors? Anything else? (Armrest will order from aliexpress as suggested previously in the forum)
Old 20th March 2016, 17:58   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
And if I finalise, what do you guys suggest as must have accessories for V variant - Seat cover / mudFlaps / Side step illumination / Parking sensors? Anything else? (Armrest will order from aliexpress as suggested previously in the forum)
I personally went for the seat cover and parking sensors. I personally find the side-step illumination a costly gimmick. Arm rest is not that important for me. Honda's is ridiculously expensive and if I remember correctly, according to fellow Jazz owners tazzman and vprabhu the Alibaba armrest has to be taped to its place to make sure it doesnt come off. Mud flaps are standard equipment in VX. All accessories installed in my car are from Honda. Other than the previous 2 accessories I also went for the bumper and door protectors, and floor mats. Didn't even bother asking for any freebie as I got my car in August and expecting any freebie that time was hopeless.

I know Honda accessories are expensive but I didn't have time to first purchase the car and then take it out for getting the accessories installed. And contrary to what fellow teamBHP members have written few posts back about the parking sensors I have found them to be very useful. They saved my tail-lamps from getting smashed by a tree while backing up on a couple of occasions. You see, the sensors on the extreme ends of the rear bumper help detect any object that might be hiding in the blind spot created by those thick C pillars. The rear view camera might miss those since they might not fall in its line of sight.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 20th March 2016 at 17:59.
Flanker99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 20:04   #1308
BHPian

Had been on a micro observation spree the last week or so.
Got a chance to see 3 parked Jazz cars (2V and 1SV) and every one of them had black seat covers. Then I widened my base to other cars like Swift, Dzire, i20, i10 among others and observed that the majority of seat covers in them were biege, biege+silver, grey, silver. Hardly any black seat covers.

Now, is this a way for the lower owner variant owners to compensate themselves for what they couldn't get by not opting for the VX. We have a SV and we too have opted for black seat covers after seeing that they looked quite good on the VX. Any other thoughts on this?

Sorry for a post that isn't adding any value to the discussion and delving on psychological matters. Just couldn't hold myself from posting

Last edited by TD_GHY : 20th March 2016 at 20:07. Reason: Spelling mistake
TD_GHY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 20:22   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
I am almost sold on the Jazz. Eyeing for the V / VX variant (I need the alloys and am kind of liking that touchscreen ACC). Need a Diesel because my daily run is about 100km.
Congratulations dieselOmniac on your selection. I am being told by my SA that Jazz's diesel engine mileage is superb. When I am able to extract a FE of 16 kmpl from my SV MT i-vtech, then imagine the might of diesel power. After buying SV variant, I realized that just for Rs 40 to 50 thousand extra I would have got alloy wheels, touch AC controls and rear washer. Nonetheless, the vehicle was delivered in record fifteen days, hence I had to stick to SV. I feel other owners of Jazz have informed that they have hardly used the magic seat option and unless you want black interiors with black seat belt strap, then you can opt for VX variant. As informed by Flanker99 you can very well opt for black seat cover which will convert your beige color interior into black. This flexibility is available in Jazz owing to its black dashboard
Which dealer in Calcutta you have finalized for booking and did they offer any freebies? What is the delivery time?

Hope it helps!

Last edited by MDED : 20th March 2016 at 20:25.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 23:56   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't even bother asking for any freebie as I got my car in August and expecting any freebie that time was hopeless.
Thanks Flanker99 but this won't be issue for me as Jazz is not selling that much and clearly loosing out on sales numbers against i20 and Baleno. Therefore, I am hoping to squeeze some freebies during the deal. And based on your suggestions I have decided to go with these accessories:

seat cover,parking sensors,Mud flaps(its not a standard in V),bumper and door protectors,floor mats and side-step illumination (somehow I am fond of this costly gimmick, please excuse me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Which dealer in Calcutta you have finalized for booking and did they offer any freebies? What is the delivery time?
Thanks MDED for your suggestions. I am currently interacting with Shree Honda. Will check out other dealers also if I eventually decide to take the plunge.
Old 21st March 2016, 12:36   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Honda's is ridiculously expensive and if I remember correctly, according to fellow Jazz owners tazzman and vprabhu the Alibaba armrest has to be taped to its place to make sure it doesnt come off. Mud flaps are standard equipment in VX.
There is absolutely no need to tape the armrest that I ordered from Aliexpress its just plug and play. My 3 year old son sometimes climbs on the armrest and still no issue.

Its fits snug in the 2 cup holders which are at the back end of the space between 2 front seats.

With Automatic I find the armrest very handy.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 16:13   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
There is absolutely no need to tape the armrest that I ordered from Aliexpress its just plug and play. My 3 year old son sometimes climbs on the armrest and still no issue.
My sincere apologies tazmaan. It was actually vprabhu who said that he was using 3M tapes for his arm-rest. But it doesn't seem to be a design issue as such. Just a precautionary measure.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-petrol-6.html

Last edited by Flanker99 : 21st March 2016 at 16:14.
Old 21st March 2016, 17:22   #1313

Hi Everyone,

I know this isn't flood related discussion, I am just curious if anyone has any information about offers on Honda Jazz for the flood affected Honda customers. I tried to inquire with the dealership and did not get any good information.

We bought a new Honda Jazz last November and it was submerged in the flood 20 days later. The car was declared total loss and we have settled the insurance claim. I remember during the flood hit times, Honda doing propaganda about honda helping their flood affected customers with a discount on their new vehicle if the new one is again a honda. When checked with Dealership they say we only get buddy loyalty points. I am confused how they work.

Anyone know if any dealership around chennai offers cash discounts on new honda cars for old flood affected honda customers ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

Cheers,
Giridhar Shyam
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:05   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_007 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I know this isn't flood related discussion, I am just curious if anyone has any information about offers on Honda Jazz for the flood affected Honda customers.
Hello Angel_007
I can completely understand the agony and pain of loosing your car in the deluge of December. I am assuming you might be a resident of OMR.

In the papers of Chennai city, Honda had published about some advertisement regarding the flooded cars. Generally Honda dealers and in fact all the car dealers across country charge logistics charges of Rs 6000 to 8000 on each new car purchase. During my initial discussions with Capital Honda on OMR they had agreed to waive off this charge, if my car was wasted in the flood. I personally didn't liked the customer dealing from their side and hence booked ANJ at Sundaram Honda.

I spoke to my SA regarding the benefits for the flooded car owners. He informed, such customers will get buddy loyalty of 15000 points, Corporate discount ranging from Rs 2000 to 3000 and some freebies.
Hope it helps.
Old 22nd March 2016, 20:42   #1315

Thank you MDED,

Quite useful information. We stay at Jafferkhanpet closer to the banks of Adyar River and hence was flooded badly. We bought our Jazz from Capital Honda Meenambakkam and I did not like the way I was treated through my short-lived ownership. I had blasted them couple of times in their office during sore points in our claim process and they did not lend any helping hand.

I was let to wage my lone battle with my insurer although I had Honda Assure Insurance. I was never pitched any new car sales and I was charged 7k as holding charges for keeping my car till insurer settled the claim.

I remember seeing the Honda Ad in December in dailies with offers upto 40k if we choose to buy a Honda again. But SA never gave away any details. I had complained to Honda on 121 about the misgivings and all they did was to forward the complaint to the dealership who never bothered to call back.

Honda called back again after 20 days to see if my query was resolved and I clearly indicated them that I never received any call from dealership.

I did not want to go back to them given their attitude towards customers and hence wanted to see if there were ways to claim these benefits across different dealerships. I guess chennai now has 4 dealerships for Honda cars but many seem to hint that delivery of the vehicle is fastest in Capital.

Will try out to see if Sundaram / Olympia / Manasarovar will honor this claim or should I stick to capital if I need to avail these offers from Honda.

Just curious, how does buddy loyalty points work ? do they translate to cash equivalent during purchase of car or accessories ? Sorry I am quite new to Honda Car ownership.

Thanks,
Giridhar Shyam.
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:30   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you MDED,

Quite useful information. We stay at Jafferkhanpet closer to the banks of Adyar River and hence was flooded badly. We bought our Jazz from Capital Honda Meenambakkam and I did not like the way I was treated through my short-lived ownership.
Sorry to hear about your sordid experience with your dealer. Charging Rs 7000 for holding the car smacks of arrogance of highest order. If such is your experience, then I feel there is no point sticking with this dealer.

Buddy points can be redeemed at the time of your vehicle service at the dealership.

One of my customer had a palatial house in Jafferkhanpet and his house too devastated in the surging water of Adyar river. Entire streets were strewn with garbage and filth. Hope everything is alright at your home and settled.
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:25   #1317

Thanks much MDED, we are back alive and kicking. The streets were filth galore for around a month and glad to report that due to tireless efforts from the municipal workers and volunteers, it is back to its normal best. The best part is the resilience from the people, everyone is back at their homes and streets are buzzing as usual.

Thank you for the information about the buddy points. I will check other dealers around chennai to see if this scheme holds true with them. Although, I stand a chance to get the 7k waived off in the next car if I purchase the same from Capital Honda, I am hell bent on going the other way just to show them that their attitude towards customers is bad.
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:37   #1318

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a dashboard picture of S CVT model of the new Jazz. I held a SV model earlier and am more inclined towards CVT this time as my father is not very comfortable with the manual transmission in loaded city traffic.

Since our budgets are a little tied this time, we thought we would try S CVT variant rather than V CVT. I was quite satisfied with the head unit in the SV. Infact, I preferred the SV headunit against the VX one as I felt it was more easier and intuitive to use during the ride. I am not sure if the same unit comes down in S variant. Does anybody have a shot of the head Unit and instrument cluster for S variant or point to one through link. Any pitfalls that one might have to look for when downgrading from SV to S variant or moving from MT to CVT ?. Pointers are appreciated.

Thanks in advance !
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:06   #1319
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a dashboard picture of S CVT model of the new Jazz. I held a SV model earlier and am more inclined towards CVT this time as my father is not very comfortable with the manual transmission in loaded city traffic.

Since our budgets are a little tied this time, we thought we would try S CVT variant rather than V CVT. I was quite satisfied with the head unit in the SV. Infact, I preferred the SV headunit against the VX one as I felt it was more easier and intuitive to use during the ride. I am not sure if the same unit comes down in S variant. Does anybody have a shot of the head Unit and instrument cluster for S variant or point to one through link. Any pitfalls that one might have to look for when downgrading from SV to S variant or moving from MT to CVT ?. Pointers are appreciated.

Thanks in advance !
I think that the Jazz S gets the same 3.5 inch unit as the SV.
Here is the pic of the S variant of the city-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3477094 (browse through the images).

The Jazz S interior should be more or less the same. However as far as I remember, the Jazz S does not have any safety feature. In that case, the Baleno Delta CVT makes a strong case for itself.

Last edited by AYP : 23rd March 2016 at 17:14.
AYP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:05   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I think that the Jazz S gets the same 3.5 inch unit as the SV.
A small correction, the SV variant get a 5 inch unit against the 3.5 inch one on S.

Quote:
Any pitfalls that one might have to look for when downgrading from SV to S variant or moving from MT to CVT ?.
As mentioned by AYP, the airbags are absent on S variant and the MID is not as detailed as one on SV.
jeet8686 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks