Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 19:10   #1321
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet8686 View Post
A small correction, the SV variant get a 5 inch unit against the 3.5 inch one on S.

As mentioned by AYP, the airbags are absent on S variant and the MID is not as detailed as one on SV.
Oh, I thought that it gets the same unit as the City SV. Good on Honda's part, taking away the climate control but giving the 5 inch unit like the higher variants of the City.

Last edited by AYP : 23rd March 2016 at 19:37.
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:59   #1322
BHPian

Hello fellow bhpians,
Post acquisition of ANJ I hadn't taken her for a long trip and today was the day when she was taken out for an official trip to Pondicherry.
Unlike my earlier Alto experience, the ride was supremely comfortable and I was cruising at 85 kmph at 2500 rpms and the ambient ring was green all the time. Result was an exhilarating FE of 17.2 kmpl. The ivtech engine of HCIL rocks.
Total trip done 300 kms.
Route taken: ECR
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20160323_114931.jpg  

Attached Images

MDED is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 20:03   #1323
BHPian

Took delivery of my V-CVT last week and had some short drives within the city. Some of my observations so far

Thinks I like:
CVT - provides for a smooth driving experience in city. Bliss!
Seat height adjust - Very wide range. Gives the feeling of driving a crossover with higher positions
AC - chills the cabin very quickly. Had to set the blower to 1 and temp to 26 on a hot chennai evening.
The instrument cluster - Looks classy! Can keep looking at it all day
EPS - Boon for City driving (Not sure about the highways! yet to try it)
iVTECH - its butter smooth and silent below 3k RPMs
Dead pedal - a comfortable place to rest the left foot
Interior Space - loads of space inside. Its brilliantly packaged
Space behind rear seat base (Floor) for storing the odd things like the umbrella or a 2 litre water bottle.
Music system - Pretty decent for a OEM system with reasonably good speakers. No need to upgrade for me
Cabin Insulation - Lots of rubber beadings (Two layers) on the doors limits excessive outside noise filtering into the cabin within city limits
Auto-folding Mirrors - Its a Joy to use

This I dont like:
Below seat space under front seats. I at times try to put my leg under the front seat but hit the wall. Still not used to it (Fuel tank underneath the front seat)
No Start-stop system (baleno and i20 have them)
No Projector headlamps for better illumination (baleno and i20 have them)
No speed sensitive auto door lock!!
Hatch is linked to the central locking instead of having a separate release button. Need to be careful to have the car locked at all times if there are important things in the hatch
No reach adjustment for steering
No Bag hooks in the boot area
Beige seats - a pain to maintain. How I would have loved to have the Black fabric material from the top end VX. Have to do with PU seat covers.
Fixed rear headrests and no armrest for the rear bench

Things that are just ok
Headlights - illumination in city conditions OK. Nothing great
Ground clearance - apart from scraping the front flexible pad under the bumpers on parking ramps, have not experienced the car scrape anywhere else (My fiesta used to scrape a couple of speed bumps which the Jazz hasnt)
Tyres - 175 wide rubber which is just adequate. Wider rubber and larger dia rims would have enhanced the grip and the side profile better.

Looking forward to taking it on a longer drive and stretch its legs. Also have to go through the Manual and understand the service schedules. The service adviser mentioned that automatics will need brake pad replacement at shorter intervals as compared to its manual counterpart since it has to work harder. Will keep the updates coming as I spend more time with the car.

Last edited by praveen_v : 24th March 2016 at 20:09. Reason: correct typo
praveen_v is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 21:15   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Took delivery of my V-CVT last week and had some short drives within the city.
Congratulations Praveen on your purchase. Can you confirm if your accelerator pedal is lower than the brake pedal in height. Do you not experience any pain during long trips in your right thigh, due to this height difference?
Old 26th March 2016, 20:39   #1325

Food for thought for my fellow BHPians:

http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/25/k...o-simple-hack/

After all, the missing engine start/stop button in Jazz could be a blessing in disguise.
sunnysran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 11:25   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysran View Post
Food for thought for my fellow BHPians:

http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/25/k...o-simple-hack/

After all, the missing engine start/stop button in Jazz could be a blessing in disguise.
This was always a mild risk when using keyless systems.
In an episode of topgear Clarkson was even able to drive Hammond's car to the middle of the road while Hammond was having a coffee in a cafe.
Forgetfulness can be very dangerous!
Forgetting a keyless fob is a good as forgetting to log out of your Facebook account in an Internet cafe!
Old 27th March 2016, 17:10   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post

Unlike my earlier Alto experience, the ride was supremely comfortable and I was cruising at 85 kmph at 2500 rpms and the ambient ring was green all the time. Result was an exhilarating FE of 17.2 kmpl. The ivtech engine of HCIL rocks.
Hi MDED, did you actually use a cruise control or controlled the speed using the accelerator pedal. 17 kmpl is great economy. Congratulations.
meetzap is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 17:51   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi MDED, did you actually use a cruise control or controlled the speed using the accelerator pedal. 17 kmpl is great economy. Congratulations.
Congratulations on your membership to our forum. I do not have cruise control option in my Jazz SV variant. I did use the guidance of ambient rings and didn't Cross 2500 to 3000 rpm for the highway trip. Honda is known for its Uber awesome Petrol engines and jazz is no exception.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th March 2016 at 10:55. Reason: ANJ - Jazz. Strictly no usage of acronyms while referring to cars on the forum. Thanks!
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 22:08   #1329
BHPian

I had a query regarding safety feature. Does Jazz seat belts come with pre-tensioner and load limiter ? The website does say so, but its not explicitly mentioned in the specifications and the printed brochure. Would appreciate inputs from owners.
Old 30th March 2016, 00:38   #1330
BHPian

Guys, is there any detailed ownership review for Jazz diesel (V or VX trim)? Please excuse me but when I randomly scrolled through this forum - I didn't find any..
Old 30th March 2016, 17:40   #1331
BHPian

Posting after a long hiatus. Jazzy returned from a 1200 km trip yesterday. Could easily cruise on three digit speeds all day even with 4 people and 1 kid on board. Despite maintaining high speed, traffic and a birding trip, returned an FE of about 16kmpl without any effort to drive in eco/green mode. For the last 150 kms, we were 5 adults and one kid, the boot swallowed all the luggage. And the CVT was super comfortable. Did not feel tired even after an 8-9 hour trip. All driving was done in D mode and sometimes using paddle shifts for quick overtaking. Butter smooth as ever.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc01811-1280x768.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 30th March 2016 at 21:41. Reason: Edited high speed mentions
mandywanders is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 19:45   #1332
BHPian

Is it safe to buy a Nov2015 manufactured V Diesel Jazz now? I was hinted that there are some stocks available - for good discounts.

I also heard that HondaConnect device cannot be fitted in that case - can you confirm folks?
Old 2nd April 2016, 08:42   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Is it safe to buy a Nov2015 manufactured V Diesel Jazz now? I was hinted that there are some stocks available - for good discounts.

I also heard that HondaConnect device cannot be fitted in that case - can you confirm folks?
If you plan to keep the vehicle for longer period, then I guess you can opt for old inventory. I am not sure of Honda connect option in 2015 models. Please check with a dealer or Honda customer care.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 16:30   #1334
BHPian

Does anyone have a video or images of the ICE system on the V model? I've been looking to get a peak but most videos I find are of the VX.

Also, how does the car react to steep inclines and not so good roads? Just wanted to get some idea as my journeys tend to include both.
Old 4th April 2016, 19:22   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Does anyone have a video or images of the ICE system on the V model? I've been looking to get a peak but most videos I find are of the VX.
Please refer to the ownership review by GKMahajan, its for V CVT but that should fulfill your requirement:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html
OT - I recently booked V Diesel and currently waiting for delivery by mid-April.
dieselOmaniac is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks