Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 08:08   #1366
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Indeed it doesn't! I hadn't noticed this before. But the Honda Jazz website does mention it. I'll surely get back to you about this if I get any reply from Honda.
Dear Ashishk29, Heartiest Congratulations and wishing you many many happy miles of peaceful and safe driving. Just a curious question, did Honda respond back to your query ?
Old 11th April 2016, 09:18   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
Dear Ashishk29, Heartiest Congratulations and wishing you many many happy miles of peaceful and safe driving. Just a curious question, did Honda respond back to your query ?
Thank you.
Honda gave me a similar response:

Quote:
" While we make a note of your concern, we request you to please share the Complete detail of the Selected Variant with Fuel Option (petrol/diesel) with us and enable us to understand & revert on your query.

We also request you to share the details of the dealership from where the car has been booked. "
I have sent them back the details. Let's see what kind of response I get.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 11th April 2016 at 09:24.
Old 11th April 2016, 16:07   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got a response and it is really outrageous.

Quote:
With reference to your Trailing Mail we would like to inform you that the Auto Tensioner/ Pretensioner feature is available in the Diesel Option only in SVMT ,VMT and VXMT (Only Driver Side ) for the New Jazz.
I don't understand this at all. Why only diesel? Why not on petrol as well?!
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 17:38   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got a response and it is really outrageous.
I don't understand this at all. Why only diesel? Why not on petrol as well?!
I had got a one liner as my query explicitly asked for Jazz CVT Variant 'V'. The answer was NO. This is really ridiculous to say the least, especially for a car that costs 10L on road here at Bangalore. This was/is reason good enough for me to skip the Jazz.

I checked the City brochure as well and that too is silent about this feature.

From comparison, the direct competitor, Baleno has this feature for both the front seats and the much cheaper Liva has them as well. If I recall correctly, the Etios twins got a much better crash safety rating only after Toyota added the load/force limiter and seat belt pre-tensioner to the front seats.
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 17:44   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
I had got a one liner as my query explicitly asked for Jazz CVT Variant 'V'. The answer was NO. This is really ridiculous to say the least, especially for a car that costs 10L on road here at Bangalore. This was/is reason good enough for me to skip the Jazz.

I checked the City brochure as well and that too is silent about this feature.

From comparison, the direct competitor, Baleno has this feature for both the front seats and the much cheaper Liva has them as well. If I recall correctly, the Etios twins got a much better crash safety rating only after Toyota added the load/force limiter and seat belt pre-tensioner to the front seats.
I absolutely agree. Why is Honda skipping such crucial things? And I still do no understand the bias against petrol.

Liva did score great in NCAP.

Did not expect this kind of behaviour from Honda.
Old 11th April 2016, 17:58   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!

I was thinking of fabric because I thought it'll be slightly breathable material compared to pvc. That's about it.
True that pvc will need much less maintenance.
Hi ashishk29,

I have the black fabric covers with blue pattern from the Honda showroom, and they are really taut. Good feel to it, and breathability is a definite yes. No loose zippers hanging around to create faint noises. They don't heat up too much when I leave the car parked around under the sun at rare times.

Easy to clean (merely have to pat it a couple of times to get any dust off) and they are washable too. I'd say arguing with your dad might be worth it
hershlulla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 18:11   #1372
BHPian

My heartiest congratulations to all JAZZ lovers /owners. It is a pleasure going through all the reviews & feedback from everyone. I am in the process of acquiring my ride which is a JAZZ of course. Still in a dilemma between choosing V & VX Petrol. Interested in magic seats, but heard the AVN system doesn't play videos while engine is running which doesn't make sense. V variant seems to be ok feature wise leaving out AVN. I know its a matter with mind & heart in choosing the variant, but would like to hear from fellow BHPians about this to clarify & clear my thoughts.

JAZZ Lover
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 19:15   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
My heartiest congratulations to all JAZZ lovers /owners. It is a pleasure going through all the reviews & feedback from everyone. I am in the process of acquiring my ride which is a JAZZ of course. Still in a dilemma between choosing V & VX Petrol. Interested in magic seats, but heard the AVN system doesn't play videos while engine is running which doesn't make sense. V variant seems to be ok feature wise leaving out AVN. I know its a matter with mind & heart in choosing the variant, but would like to hear from fellow BHPians about this to clarify & clear my thoughts.

JAZZ Lover
Hello venkikewl,
Congratulations on finalization of Jazz. I am sure if you are a petrol head, then you won't regret your decision. As far as the decision of VX variant vis-a-vis V is considered, I have heard people telling that they have hardly used this feature of magic seats. If you carry loads of large stuff in your boot, then you might very well go for VX variant, otherwise V shall suffice. The logic behind video not being played while engine is in running is purely on the safety aspect. I feel V is the variant you should go for, as it has got the rear washer, alloy wheels, outside temperature display, etc.
Hope it helps!
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 20:36   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hello venkikewl,
Congratulations on finalization of Jazz. I am sure if you are a petrol head, then you won't regret your decision. As far as the decision of VX variant vis-a-vis V is considered, I have heard people telling that they have hardly used this feature of magic seats. If you carry loads of large stuff in your boot, then you might very well go for VX variant, otherwise V shall suffice. The logic behind video not being played while engine is in running is purely on the safety aspect. I feel V is the variant you should go for, as it has got the rear washer, alloy wheels, outside temperature display, etc.
Hope it helps!
Hello MDED,

Thanks for the info...although I don't have large stuff to carry, but i do cycle a lot & thought of using this feature to carry my bicycle & also would be a great option for kids to play around /sleep during drives. I do agree that safety is given prior importance by honda as videos are not playable on the go. Wife is indeed more towards the V variant as its almost 70K lesser & with similar features.
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 23:08   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
also would be a great option for kids to play around /sleep during drives. I do agree that safety is given prior importance by honda as videos are not playable on the go.
Hope you are aware of the pitfalls and lurking danger of not being buckled up in a moving vehicle. Allowing your children to play and sleep in a moving car through the help of magic seats is a dangerous preposition fraught with risks. Hope you opt for V and follow all the safety measures.

We live once and lets live our full cycle.

Just my two cents!
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 07:08   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
Hi ashishk29,

I have the black fabric covers with blue pattern from the Honda showroom, and they are really taut. Good feel to it, and breathability is a definite yes. No loose zippers hanging around to create faint noises. They don't heat up too much when I leave the car parked around under the sun at rare times.

Easy to clean (merely have to pat it a couple of times to get any dust off) and they are washable too. I'd say arguing with your dad might be worth it
Thanks a lot! Yes I did manage to convince him in the end. Going for the jacquard black for sure now.
Was just looking for reviews from anyone having those and now thanks to you I know :-)
Old 12th April 2016, 11:33   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hope you are aware of the pitfalls and lurking danger of not being buckled up in a moving vehicle. Allowing your children to play and sleep in a moving car through the help of magic seats is a dangerous preposition fraught with risks. Hope you opt for V and follow all the safety measures.

We live once and lets live our full cycle.

Just my two cents!

That is indeed a very helpful & useful tip...thanks for sharing & sure will follow safety measures, will finalize variant in a day after checking with my SR.
Old 12th April 2016, 13:24   #1378
BHPian

Some images I took while the PDI:
V MT Petrol in sunset orange.
I just loved that colour ever since I saw the first advertisement of the 2015 Jazz.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20160410wa0018.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0140.jpg

Also, one query.

I decoded the Chassis number, and discovered the 9th and 10th characters were "AG" meaning it's a January 2016 manufactured vehicle.

My question: Does the recent budget increase in car prices apply to this vehicle?

Last edited by ashishk29 : 12th April 2016 at 13:54.
ashishk29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 18:19   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
From what they mention here:
I believe this is the same as pre-tensioner?
Dear ashishk29, I wanted to study the ownersmanual in some depth before my car is delivered, but the URL is not working for me, its giving "404 - File or directory not found" error, are you guys facing the same?
Old 12th April 2016, 18:31   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Some images I took while the PDI:
V MT Petrol in sunset orange. I just loved that colour ever since I saw the first advertisement of the 2015 Jazz.
Congratulations ashishk29, me too personally love sunset orange, but went for a much regular Carnelian Red (vetted by family). Your pics are pretty good - reminds me I forgot to take snaps while I did the PDI last week.

Quote:
Also, one query. I decoded the Chassis number, and discovered the 9th and 10th characters were "AG" meaning it's a January 2016 manufactured vehicle.
Thats correct, its January2016 manufactured.

Quote:
My question: Does the recent budget increase in car prices apply to this vehicle?
Not sure about it. Ideally post budget prices should not apply because its manufactured before Feb2016. But I have seen all dealers (in Kolkata at least) are having a pricelist which is effective from 1st March - with increased prices of course.
dieselOmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks