Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 19:11   #1381
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Some images I took while the PDI:
V MT Petrol in sunset orange.
I just loved that colour ever since I saw the first advertisement of the 2015 Jazz.

Also, one query.

I decoded the Chassis number, and discovered the 9th and 10th characters were "AG" meaning it's a January 2016 manufactured vehicle.

My question: Does the recent budget increase in car prices apply to this vehicle?
Congrats on your new ride and wishing you many happy miles!!

Yes AG is Jan 2016 Vehicle and technically the cess should not be applied. I got delivery of my Jan 2016 Jazz mid march (Just after budget) and the dealer initially quoted increased price for me. However after reading the Budget effect thread on TBHP [here], I emailed the Honda Customer care with the link and they forwarded the email to the dealership. Within a day the dealer called back and offered to invoice the car at pre-budget price. BUt given that a month has passed now, it is unlikely but no harm in giving a try.
praveen_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 20:13   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Dear ashishk29, I wanted to study the ownersmanual in some depth before my car is delivered, but the URL is not working for me, its giving "404 - File or directory not found" error, are you guys facing the same?
While the link was working last week, it's giving me the same error now. I'll try to find another link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Not sure about it. Ideally post budget prices should not apply because its manufactured before Feb2016. But I have seen all dealers (in Kolkata at least) are having a pricelist which is effective from 1st March - with increased prices of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Congrats on your new ride and wishing you many happy miles!!

Yes AG is Jan 2016 Vehicle and technically the cess should not be applied. I got delivery of my Jan 2016 Jazz mid march (Just after budget) and the dealer initially quoted increased price for me. However after reading the Budget effect thread on TBHP [here], I emailed the Honda Customer care with the link and they forwarded the email to the dealership. Within a day the dealer called back and offered to invoice the car at pre-budget price. BUt given that a month has passed now, it is unlikely but no harm in giving a try.
What I noticed was that the overall price was increased by about 5000.

Now there are 2 things into play here.
1. A friend told me that while the ex showroom price cannot be increased, the total registration charges will go up following the budget.
2. I found a news article saying that Honda will be increasing prices of all it's models from April 2016, and it listed Jazz price to be increased by 5000.

When i went through the detailed price quote for before April and current, the overall difference is 5000. But this has been achieved by several changes to many components underneath. Few have been increased and few have been decreased, which gives the final OTR price difference of 5000.

Now Considering both these things, I'm confused, whether I should be ok with it as the price difference is about right, it's only the individual break-down that's varying.
Old 14th April 2016, 19:00   #1383
BHPian

Hello all,
Can anyone please let me know what the service intervals are for the Jazz?

From what I read the first year services are 5000,10000,20000 and post that 20,000km/1 Year. Is this correct?
Old 14th April 2016, 19:42   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,
Can anyone please let me know what the service intervals are for the Jazz?

From what I read the first year services are 5000,10000,20000 and post that 20,000km/1 Year. Is this correct?
Think they follow the same as Honda city which is

1) First free service : 1000 KMs
2) Second free service: 5000 KMs
3) Third Free Service : 10,000 KMs

Paid service after every 10,000 Kms or 6 months whichever is earlier.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 21:20   #1385
BHPian

Please note that Honda recommends engine oil and filter change every 6 months or 10000 kms whichever is earlier. When I talked to the service folks the expected spend is 3-4k every 6 months
chandras1 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 21:59   #1386
BHPian

Isn't it 1 year or 10k for all modern engines? Some service centres have the wrong practice of recommending 6 months interval even though manual says 1 year, as it generates income for them. What is mentioned in Jazz manual?
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 22:30   #1387
BHPian

6 months or 10,000 kms is what is mentioned in the manual. I was almost on the verge of booking the Jazz till I got to know about the lack of pre-tensioners in the petrol variants and hence backed out. But before that had a detailed discussion with the service advisor
chandras1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 15:32   #1388
BHPian

Finally booked my Jazz V (MT) petrol variant yesterday & would take another 7-10 days for all formalities & vehicle delivery. Very much excited to have the beauty in my garage soon & at the same time would like to hear /know from others what all accessories are required so that I can get them before the delivery.
venkikewl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 15:42   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Finally booked my Jazz V (MT) petrol variant yesterday & would take another 7-10 days for all formalities & vehicle delivery. Very much excited to have the beauty in my garage soon & at the same time would like to hear /know from others what all accessories are required so that I can get them before the delivery.
Congratulations! Good pick.
I'd suggest go for some floor mats, some seat covers maybe, and reverse parking sensors if you feel you need those.
Apart from this, you get a fair amount of equipment standard.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 15:48   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Good pick.
I'd suggest go for some floor mats, some seat covers maybe, and reverse parking sensors if you feel you need those.
Apart from this, you get a fair amount of equipment standard.
Hi Abhishek,

My SRM gave me an offer with floor mats & car cover for free along with my purchase. As reverse parking is already configured with the variant, guess no point of having sensors again. Would like to know of a reliable arm rest which suits Jazz perfectly & any other minor things which adds a bling to the overall look
Old 15th April 2016, 15:52   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Abhishek,

My SRM gave me an offer with floor mats & car cover for free along with my purchase. As reverse parking is already configured with the variant, guess no point of having sensors again. Would like to know of a reliable arm rest which suits Jazz perfectly & any other minor things which adds a bling to the overall look
Good deal you're getting there.
As for the armrest, I'd suggest you get it from aliexpress. That's what I plan to do. The Honda genuine armrest costs about 16-17000Rs which is honestly way overpriced.
For bling, you could get the door step lights, body protectors maybe.
Old 15th April 2016, 18:02   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Abhishek,

Dear venkikewl,

I would suggest you read my thread on this forum. I have a Honda Jazz V CVT Oct 2015 version.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

And/or just look at the accessories I put and why:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3861518

I added 36,800 worth of accessories.

I am sure you are quite capable of deciding on your own. However, I think if you study my list and the reasons behind it - you might get some 'ideas'!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 18:52   #1393
BHPian

Done with my 3rd free servicing recently. As per the manual, the servicing intervals are 10k km/6 months whichever is earlier.

My yearly run will be around 5000 kms only. So I was planning on a 9 month or 4000 kms interval for servicing. Is it advisable or should I stick to the 6 month interval as mentioned in the manual?

I have an extended warranty of 2 years. Will it be affected if I service it every 9 months instead of 6?
Old 15th April 2016, 22:44   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! On the accessories part, I would suggest you only get any electrical accessory if you need from the showroom to not have any problems with warranty at a later point in time. For all non-electrical and standard accessories (Seat covers, arm rest, side skirting etc) you can get much better deals outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
Done with my 3rd free servicing recently. As per the manual, the servicing intervals are 10k km/6 months whichever is earlier.

My yearly run will be around 5000 kms only. So I was planning on a 9 month or 4000 kms interval for servicing. Is it advisable or should I stick to the 6 month interval as mentioned in the manual?

I have an extended warranty of 2 years. Will it be affected if I service it every 9 months instead of 6?
I dont think it is worth to move away from the manufacture recommended service schedule at least till you are under warranty. If a warranty claim need to be raised, then manufacturers look for all kinds of excuses to avoid replacement. Hence it is not advisable till your warranty is over.
praveen_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 01:31   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
6 months or 10,000 kms is what is mentioned in the manual. I was almost on the verge of booking the Jazz till I got to know about the lack of pre-tensioners in the petrol variants and hence backed out. But before that had a detailed discussion with the service advisor
Where did you get this information?
It is sad that Honda has not clearly stated it. And I strongly believe nobody in the dealership has any clue about it.

What I believe is the cars equipped with Airbags have seat belt pretensioners.
So, if you are taking SV variant or above, it should be there.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks