Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2016, 08:41   #1396
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Where did you get this information?
It is sad that Honda has not clearly stated it. And I strongly believe nobody in the dealership has any clue about it.

What I believe is the cars equipped with Airbags have seat belt pretensioners.
So, if you are taking SV variant or above, it should be there.
I have a email from Honda India customer support. Here's what they wrote back. They have given similar reply to another BHP'ian Ashishk29@. Only the diesel Jazz has seat belt pre-tensioners, that too only for the driver seat.

Further in regards to your below mail.

We wish to clarify that Honda is committed to ensure safety of customers & therefore safety features are applied as per requirement of vehicle (body weight/other factors etc).

For diesel pre-tensioner was required to meet safety standards of Honda, so it is applied.

We seek your kind understanding on the same.
Old 16th April 2016, 08:46   #1397
Senior - BHPian

If that's true, I find it silly and inexplicable.
I believe the cheaper Amaze has seat belt pretensioners on models having airbags.
I have no clue why Honda would do this but that's really sad.
Old 16th April 2016, 08:59   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
I dont think it is worth to move away from the manufacture recommended service schedule at least till you are under warranty. If a warranty claim need to be raised, then manufacturers look for all kinds of excuses to avoid replacement. Hence it is not advisable till your warranty is over.
I feared the same. All my free services are done with. I travel just 16-17kms daily. Was thinking of going for a service just once a year but now having second thoughts. I had a doubt about this warranty thing. Let's say I bought the car in Mumbai but then I had to shift to someplace like Pune. If I need to get some part replaced that is covered under warranty will I have to go to the same dealership from where the car was purchased?
Old 16th April 2016, 09:05   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
I had a doubt about this warranty thing. Let's say I bought the car in Mumbai but then I had to shift to someplace like Pune. If I need to get some part replaced that is covered under warranty will I have to go to the same dealership from where the car was purchased?
As long as you've serviced it regularly and have the user manual etc, you can get it replaced anywhere in India.
The warranty you get is from Honda and not that specific dealer.
So you can get your vehicle serviced, repaired under warranty anywhere in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
If that's true, I find it silly and inexplicable.
I believe the cheaper Amaze has seat belt pretensioners on models having airbags.
I have no clue why Honda would do this but that's really sad.
Absolutely. I don't understand why Honda would do something like this. What different safety standards to diesels have?!
It just doesn't make any sense at all.
I had replied back to that mail thread saying that Honda shouldn't discriminate between it's own products and should deploy such safety features in all models not just selected diesel variants.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th April 2016 at 07:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 09:14   #1400
Distinguished - BHPian

RD dual channel box for Jazz
I drove my friend's car with RD dual channel box. Power delivery was simply great compared to single channel box in my grand i10. Car was pulling madly in P2 mode. There is no remap options for Honda diesel cars on sale in India and RD dual channel box is the best way to extract more power for enthusiasts.
Cheers!
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 11:18   #1401
BHPian

Any idea what oil service centres are using? Which Honda service centre is recommended in Mumbai?

The free services are at 1000, 5000, 10,000 as stated by someone earlier, this includes free labour, you're still charged for parts as they feel necessary.
Old 17th April 2016, 21:02   #1402
BHPian

Took our SV Petrol for a short 76km trip on the highway today. The occasional glance on the MID during the drive left me gaping.

Starting from a modest 18kmpl for the first 17 kms in the city (owing to Sunday + morning factors), the FE climbed progressively to 19, then 20, then 21 and at one point in time, the MID was showing 22.4, which is spectacular for a Petrol engine of today. During the final 4kms of the trip, had to traverse narrow lanes of a town. Had to drive in 2nd and 3rd gear only owing to road conditions and slow moving traffic of bicycles and pedestrians. The final FE at the end of the 76km trip was 21.9

Summary:
First 17kms - city - 18kmpl
Next 55kms - highway with sedate driving at 60-70kmph - peak 22.4kmpl
Next 4kms - poor roads - final FE 21.9kmpl
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20160417_093655757.jpg  

TD_GHY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 22:34   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post

Summary:
First 17kms - city - 18kmpl
Next 55kms - highway with sedate driving at 60-70kmph - peak 22.4kmpl
Next 4kms - poor roads - final FE 21.9kmpl
That is incredible fuel economy for a 1200cc, 89bhp car that weighs a ton!
Great! Encouraging news for all future Jazz owners
Old 18th April 2016, 13:47   #1404
BHPian

A query here for the SV/V variant owners about the ICE system:

Once bluetooth paired, can we play music from the phone directly over the ICE system? That is, can it stream music from phone over bluetooth?
Old 18th April 2016, 13:58   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post

Once bluetooth paired, can we play music from the phone directly over the ICE system? That is, can it stream music from phone over bluetooth?
Yes. Once a phone is added to the system, you only need to turn on the Bluetooth each time you enter the car. No need of connecting to the system every time; it will be done automatically. Songs can be played directly from the system. The default music player will be used for the same. For my android phone, it plays songs from the Wynk app instead of the Android's music player when I select play via Bluetooth from the system.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 15:16   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post

Yes. You can connect your phone as a bluetooth device for calling as well as for music (or for only call or only music too). You can also add another phone via bluetooth only for Music. Helps when you connect your phone for calls/Music but want to connect a passengers phone without syncing their contacts. I believe you can connect up to 5 devices for music streaming. The manual has that info
praveen_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 15:20   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Yes. You can connect your phone as a bluetooth device for calling as well as for music (or for only call or only music too). You can also add another phone via bluetooth only for Music.
That is pretty neat! I had no idea we could segregate devices based on whether we want to use them for telephony or music! Thanks!
Old 18th April 2016, 21:26   #1408
BHPian

While getting the 3rd service done, I reported of ineffective air conditioning which went from bad to worse as the temperature rose; the following part was replaced under warranty. Wanted to post this in case someone is facing the same issue. The issue of rattling sound behind the dashboard (just below the AC vents) still remains a mystery and despite trying their best, the guys at Honda still cant locate the source. Looks like the entire dashboard has to be disassembled
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20160418_211522.jpg  

Last edited by k.sumit : 18th April 2016 at 21:31.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 06:24   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
The issue of rattling sound behind the dashboard (just below the AC vents) still remains a mystery and despite trying their best, the guys at Honda still cant locate the source. Looks like the entire dashboard has to be disassembled
Hi k.sumit. That's actually what my dealership claimed they did to get to the rattle. They disassembled the entire dashboard and used foam as passing in few areas. It helped for few days but now it's gradually coming back. The all new Jazz and it's shortcomings. Anyway, this time I intend to sit on this issue and let it aggravate. Last time I pointed this out they claimed that there was nothing. Absolutely no rattle. I actually had to hand over the car again after it had come back from servicing since that rattle had become worse. Since all the free services are done I am seriously considering going to another authorised service center the next time.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 11:31   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
While getting the 3rd service done, I reported of ineffective air conditioning which went from bad to worse as the temperature rose; the following part was replaced under warranty. Wanted to post this in case someone is facing the same issue. The issue of rattling sound behind the dashboard (just below the AC vents) still remains a mystery and despite trying their best, the guys at Honda still cant locate the source. Looks like the entire dashboard has to be disassembled
Did you use the AC in fresh air mode in the past? There might be a possibility of something having gotten sucked in through the intake and stuck in the AC.

it frequently happened in my dad's alto. It wasn't a rattling as such, but the air flow felt reduced and there was a lot of noise alongwith.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks