Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 20:19   #1411
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Since all the free services are done I am seriously considering going to another authorised service center the next time.
That's what I did this time around with no luck. The first two services were done at Abhikaran Honda and this time around, I went to Landmark. Situation remains the same and they've offered to disassemble the dashboard if I may opt so. I trying to live with this issue but sometimes it irritates me to the core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Did you use the AC in fresh air mode in the past? There might be a possibility of something having gotten sucked in through the intake and stuck in the AC.

it frequently happened in my dad's alto. It wasn't a rattling as such, but the air flow felt reduced and there was a lot of noise alongwith.
I generally use fresh air mode for the first 2-3 minutes during summers but since day one, the blower made a lot of noise when the fan speed was at 2 or higher. The noise has gone down reasonably after this part was replaced.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 09:21   #1412
BHPian

Seeking your inputs and advice !

My wife's taffeta white jazz cvt (2015) has taken a minor beating over the last 6 months. the bumper has seen its fair share of scrapes and scratches, but this didn't concern me much. Then i noticed that the bonnet had been "keyed" by some imbeciles at the hospital where she works - this got me thinking about a DIY touch-up. Recently i noticed that the metal where the bumper meets the body below the left headlight had also been scraped - this got me really worried and i decided to dedicate this weekend to addressing the issue.

After some hurried online searching i bought this : http://www.com-paint.com/products/co...k-kit-for-cars

It seems to have everything i need:

Can of Com-Paint Value Pack Kit of Selected Color (120 gm)
Can of Com-Merge, Finishing Solvent Spray (120 gm)
Tube of Com-Cut (50 gm)
Tube of Com-Fill (50 gm)
Com-Paint Rubber Applicator
Com-Paint Emery Pads of 400 and 2500 Grits

Has anyone used this brand or this kit before ? If so what has been your experience ? I shall post before after and during shots this weekend.

PS, Mods - I also posted this in an inactive thread before realising no one had used it for months.
Old 21st April 2016, 11:25   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Seeking your inputs and advice !

My wife's taffeta white jazz cvt (2015) has taken a minor beating over the last 6 months. the bumper has seen its fair share of scrapes and scratches, but this didn't concern me much. Then i noticed that the bonnet had been "keyed" by some imbeciles at the hospital where she works - this got me thinking about a DIY touch-up. Recently i noticed that the metal where the bumper meets the body below the left headlight had also been scraped - this got me really worried and i decided to dedicate this weekend to addressing the issue.

After some hurried online searching i bought this : http://www.com-paint.com/products/co...k-kit-for-cars

It seems to have everything i need:

Can of Com-Paint Value Pack Kit of Selected Color (120 gm)
Can of Com-Merge, Finishing Solvent Spray (120 gm)
Tube of Com-Cut (50 gm)
Tube of Com-Fill (50 gm)
Com-Paint Rubber Applicator
Com-Paint Emery Pads of 400 and 2500 Grits

Has anyone used this brand or this kit before ? If so what has been your experience ? I shall post before after and during shots this weekend.

PS, Mods - I also posted this in an inactive thread before realising no one had used it for months.
I have used com - paint kit for my old car (manza ) it works well if you follow the instructions.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 15:47   #1414
BHPian

What are the approximate servicing costs per servicing of the Jazz petrol? I'm especially interested in the paid service figures i.e. after the free services.
Old 21st April 2016, 20:41   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
What are the approximate servicing costs per servicing of the Jazz petrol? I'm especially interested in the paid service figures i.e. after the free services.
I would be interested likewise - for the iDtec, I guess it should be slightly more than Petrol service expenses.

Btw - ashishk29 - when are getting the delivery of your Jazzy? I got it last weekend. Already driven for about 500km, feeling great. Superb drivability - specially in city condition, highway also not bad. Had a chance to apply the 6th gear few times (at speed of 100+), its very stable. And tonnes of space inside - as we all know. Lastly, the MID is showing me 20.1 kmpl - enough to bring a smile at end of day. Although, some friend was telling me that I shouldn't believe in the MID figures and good old TFTF method should be used to calculate exact FE, will keep a watch.

Only thing thats annoying me - I dont have the habit of locking the doors while driving - as my last car (like most of the cars around) had that feature, speed-sensitive-auto-lock! Why Honda why??
Old 21st April 2016, 21:46   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
I would be interested likewise - for the iDtec, I guess it should be slightly more than Petrol service expenses.

Btw - ashishk29 - when are getting the delivery of your Jazzy? I got it last weekend. Already driven for about 500km, feeling great. Superb drivability - specially in city condition, highway also not bad. Had a chance to apply the 6th gear few times (at speed of 100+), its very stable. And tonnes of space inside - as we all know. Lastly, the MID is showing me 20.1 kmpl - enough to bring a smile at end of day. Although, some friend was telling me that I shouldn't believe in the MID figures and good old TFTF method should be used to calculate exact FE, will keep a watch.

Only thing thats annoying me - I dont have the habit of locking the doors while driving - as my last car (like most of the cars around) had that feature, speed-sensitive-auto-lock! Why Honda why??
Gonna get it day after tomorrow :-) congratulations on your car.
Yeah the speed sensing lock is missing but that's kinda Ok for me. Have to make a habit of manually locking.
Another thing I'm gonna habituate to is no separate hatch release.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:44   #1417
BHPian

Hi everyone !!
This is my first post in this forum. I own Jazz 2015 model. one thing which slightly concerns me is the gear changing. Getting downshift from 3rd to 2nd gear i find it a bit hard. Earlier i was driving Ritz. In comparison also i find the gear shift not as smooth.

Aman
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:45   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Chanced upon this while browsing through the EuroNCAP site ...feels extremely proud as a Jazz owner as the Jazz is chosen as ' Best-in-class Cars 2015' in the supermini category.
Jazz is in some illustrious company in the following link (though we never be sure about the Indian version)

http://www.euroncap.com/en/ratings-r...ass-cars/2015/
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:59   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
Hi everyone !!
This is my first post in this forum. I own Jazz 2015 model. one thing which slightly concerns me is the gear changing. Getting downshift from 3rd to 2nd gear i find it a bit hard. Earlier i was driving Ritz. In comparison also i find the gear shift not as smooth.

Aman
Hi Aman. I too occasionally face the same issue in my Jazz. From trial and error I have come to the conclusion that it probably happens if I try to downshift at slightly higher RPMs. Please don't ask me what is the optimum RPM to downshift as I am not an engineer and I have yet to pay attention to the RPM at which I don't face this issue. I had experienced the same in my WagonR too.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 22nd April 2016 at 16:02.
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:33   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Chanced upon this while browsing through the EuroNCAP site ...feels extremely proud as a Jazz owner as the Jazz is chosen as ' Best-in-class Cars 2015' in the supermini category.
Jazz is in some illustrious company in the following link (though we never be sure about the Indian version)

http://www.euroncap.com/en/ratings-r...ass-cars/2015/
Apparently India bound Jazz scored a 5 star in Australian NCAP:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ng-393022.aspx
Old 22nd April 2016, 18:27   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently India bound Jazz scored a 5 star in Australian NCAP:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ng-393022.aspx
From the above link...

While the Australian Jazz gets safety kit like six airbags and electronic stability control as standard, it needs to be seen how much safety kit will trickle down to the Indian markets.

The Indian version doesn't even get seat belt pre-tensioner
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:23   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
From the above link...

While the Australian Jazz gets safety kit like six airbags and electronic stability control as standard, it needs to be seen how much safety kit will trickle down to the Indian markets.

The Indian version doesn't even get seat belt pre-tensioner
While that is true, you can look at the structural integrity and be happy about that. Because in most of the tests, the car's body holds pretty well.
We may not be getting 6 airbags or ESC, but still with that structural quality and airbags, the car seems fairly safe.
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:30   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
While that is true, you can look at the structural integrity and be happy about that. Because in most of the tests, the car's body holds pretty well.
We may not be getting 6 airbags or ESC, but still with that structural quality and airbags, the car seems fairly safe.
Yes of course. I do believe its the same structural body. What I meant to say was we cannot draw conclusions till the time the Indian version is put to a crash test.
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:31   #1424
BHPian

Hey guys,

I do not use the ACC mainly due to the noise the blower makes at times to maintain the set temperature. However, one thing I have noticed is everytime the car is started and the AC is switched on (at the temperature of my choice), the blower goes to level 3 on its own within 5-6 seconds. I need to then bring it down to my preferred setting of L1. Just me?

On another note, this things rattles quite a bit! At 1700kms in 90 days, the front fascia and the boot rattle like theres no tomorrow. Have decided to switch the service centre im gonna avail the 2nd service at and get these rattles attended to. Wasn't expecting these so early on into the ownership.

The ivtec is a real stonker and picks up speeds very fast if, kept above 1200rpm. Anything below, and its a struggle.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:22   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
However, one thing I have noticed is everytime the car is started and the AC is switched on (at the temperature of my choice), the blower goes to level 3 on its own within 5-6 seconds. I need to then bring it down to my preferred setting of L1. Just me?

On another note, this things rattles quite a bit! At 1700kms in 90 days, the front fascia and the boot rattle like theres no tomorrow. Have decided to switch the service centre im gonna avail the 2nd service at and get these rattles attended to. Wasn't expecting these so early on into the ownership.
Hi Shivang. I have noticed the same issue with the AC. How occasionally do you notice it in your Jazz? I notice this maybe 1-2 times a month. This is especially distracting when you also take into consideration the touch sensitive controls.

Regarding the rattles, I happened to open the City thread while looking at the news of the facelift model. Seems that the rattling issue is very common with the ANHC too. Seems that somebody has written that this issue can probably never be resolved as the dealership wouldn't be able to achieve the same results as that obtained while factory fitting of the dashboard (assuming the dashboard is the source). It seems that I might have to live with this infernal sound for the rest of the ownership period. Do share an update if you find a solution.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed