Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 21:02   #1426
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi Shivang. I have noticed the same issue with the AC. How occasionally do you notice it in your Jazz? I notice this maybe 1-2 times a month. This is especially distracting when you also take into consideration the touch sensitive controls.

Regarding the rattles, I happened to open the City thread while looking at the news of the facelift model. Seems that the rattling issue is very common with the ANHC too. Seems that somebody has written that this issue can probably never be resolved as the dealership wouldn't be able to achieve the same results as that obtained while factory fitting of the dashboard (assuming the dashboard is the source). It seems that I might have to live with this infernal sound for the rest of the ownership period. Do share an update if you find a solution.
Hello there,
I experience that issue with the AC multiple times in a day. But, that's maybe coz I turn the AC and the blower off every time I switch off the engine (and that could be multiple times.)

For the rattles, all I find myself doing on my way back home in the nights is press on the dashboard (anywhere and everywhere is ok but, pressing on it does work) in a bid to drown the rattles as it provides some momentary relief . I am guessing it probably is a case of a loose fitting assembly? Apart from that did you face the issue with some noises from the rear (which people here mention was from the seats?)? Speaking of the rear, the number plate also rattles quite a bit (can still ignore this one). Did you find a solution to both of these?

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 22nd April 2016, 22:27   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
For the rattles, all I find myself doing on my way back home in the nights is press on the dashboard (anywhere and everywhere is ok but, pressing on it does work) in a bid to drown the rattles as it provides some momentary relief . I am guessing it probably is a case of a loose fitting assembly? Apart from that did you face the issue with some noises from the rear (which people here mention was from the seats?)? Speaking of the rear, the number plate also rattles quite a bit (can still ignore this one). Did you find a solution to both of these?
When I stop at a signal I knock on the dashboard, on the left front door, and left A and B pillar just to replicate that noise when the car is at rest but to no avail .

As far as the rear seats are concerned I keep my backpack there. That keeps rubbing against the seat cover whenever the car passes over any undulation. That probably causes some noise but I am not sure if that indeed is the cause. One thing is certain that any lose stuff any where in the car creates a racket. Few days back I had bought a Bburago scale model. Had unscrewed the model from its stand and carelessly thrown the box on the rear floor. What a racket that stand and the two screws created on the way back home. It seemed as if some part from the Jazz had come lose. I do think that those Magic seats also make some noise when I keep then in the tall mode. But then again it could be because of the rubber like seat cover material which keeps rubbing against anything it touches. Haven't faced any issues with the rear number plate as such. But does your Jazz have rear parking sensors? In my car apparently some box like device that was part of the sensor had come lose from its bracket assembly. That was causing a metallic rattle. This was found during the last service in Jan/Feb. After that was sorted that rattle disappeared. This box was housed in the rear bumper and that had to be removed to access that box.

So far it's only this dashboard/door/pillar rattle that's really a bother. But I feel that like before if I point it out to the technicians they will try to just divert the issue. Hence this time I plan to simply ignore it till it becomes so audible that nobody can ignore it. But having said all this I still believe that the Jazz is a good car. It could have been better but for Honda's shortcuts and cost cuts.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 22nd April 2016 at 22:52.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 10:00   #1428
BHPian

Taken delivery of my jazz v mt petrol yesterday and must say it's a delightful ride.

What are the usual tyre pressure to be maintained? I did 32 front and 30 rear but that makes the front look a bit under inflated like.

While filling tyre with nitrogen, do we have to maintain slightly higher pressure considering nitrogen is less dense than air?

Sadly the team bhp android app isn't letting me add images to the post, will post images and more details once I get on my laptop.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 24th April 2016 at 10:01.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 11:32   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
What are the usual tyre pressure to be maintained? I did 32 front and 30 rear but that makes the front look a bit under inflated like.
32/30 is appropriate pressure. A little flattening is normal owing to weight distribution. But if it looks too flattened, you can consider hiking the pressure to 33.

Quote:
While filling tyre with nitrogen, do we have to maintain slightly higher pressure considering nitrogen is less dense than air?
Need not be. Because what we are dealing here is with pressure. Filling more would be prudent if we are talking in terms of weight/volume [Density=mass/volume].
Old 24th April 2016, 11:34   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
32/30 is appropriate pressure. A little flattening is normal owing to weight distribution. But if it looks too flattened, you can consider hiking the pressure to 33.
Yeah I'm finding it a bit flatter than I expected. Maybe I'll increase it by 1-2 on both front tyres.
Old 24th April 2016, 12:32   #1431
BHPian

An amazing thread by fellow bhpian Crazy Driver (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-anymore.html). Had come across it few days back while searching for solutions/causes for the rattle issue. It's only today that I managed to read the latter half of the posts. Definitely not a Honda basher myself but somehow couldn't help agreeing with most of the negative posts. I feel that most of these issues could also be relevant for Jazz owners since both vehicles have the same under pinnings.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 24th April 2016 at 12:34.
Flanker99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 23:19   #1432
BHPian

Some pics from my newly acquired beauty:

The entire magnificence: Looks stunning
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0169.jpg

The nice and well designed dashboard.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0171.jpg

The seat covers I managed to get from the dealer. Jacquard black with blue stitching.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0173.jpg

The nice console.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0183.jpg

Nice looking AC and media panel.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0184.jpg

Last edited by ashishk29 : 24th April 2016 at 23:20. Reason: Added captions for images.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 02:04   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Some pics from my newly acquired beauty:

The entire magnificence: Looks stunning
Attachment 1500364

The nice and well designed dashboard.
Attachment 1500366

The seat covers I managed to get from the dealer. Jacquard black with blue stitching.
Attachment 1500367

The nice console.
Attachment 1500368

Nice looking AC and media panel.
Attachment 1500369

Congrats for the acquisition . Nice color too. How much was the otr and price breakup, if you don't mind sharing.

Have a great time with the machine.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 07:48   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Congrats for the acquisition . Nice color too. How much was the otr and price breakup, if you don't mind sharing.

Have a great time with the machine.
I bought this from Crystal Honda, Satara.
The OTR price was 8.19L.
Breakdown:
Ex showroom: 702900
Insurance: 27288
CRTM deposit: 8000
Honda connect: 6229
Ext warranty: 7232
RSA: 4690
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 09:11   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Honda connect: 6229
Fantastic pics ashishk29. This is the sort of color that brings a smile on one's face on an otherwise dull day. Do post some pics of the Honda Connect hardware if possible. I believe this device uses a smart phone app. Some screen shots of the app will also be highly appreciated.

The thanks on Shiv's post was by accident. The tablet has been acting sluggish since few days.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 25th April 2016 at 09:16.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 10:20   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic pics ashishk29. This is the sort of color that brings a smile on one's face on an otherwise dull day. Do post some pics of the Honda Connect hardware if possible. I believe this device uses a smart phone app. Some screen shots of the app will also be highly appreciated.
Thank you. Indeed this is a very delightful colour. The honda connect hardware was already connected to the car, and I'm not quite sure where it is attached in the car. But it's a Minda device.

Some screenshots of the Honda Connect app:

The home screen:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425100347.png

My Car - Entering this menu will show further details like chassis number, engine number. Can also use to book service appointments.:
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425100417.png

A general brochure for all Honda cars included:
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425100426.png

Pit stops - Lists all nearby Honda locations and fuel pumps in the second tab:
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425100436.png

Connected cars - This will show you details about your car:

My location - will show the last known location on a map. Pretty accurate. Similar as mobile GPS, may have a few meters inaccuracy.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425100533.png

Trips - Stats for recent trips. Note: This option is available only after 48 hours since activating the device.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425100537.png

Car health - shows details as shown in the image.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425100541.png

Various other options.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425100547.png
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 10:31   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not quite sure where it is attached in the car.
I think it might be attached to the OBD2 port of the Jazz. Btw, does it show any detailed parameters for engine performance/health?

Last edited by Flanker99 : 25th April 2016 at 10:37.
Old 25th April 2016, 10:36   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Trips - Stats for recent trips. Note: This option is available only after 48 hours since activating the device.
Attachment 1500433
Thanks ashishk29 for sharing the screenshots for Honda connect. Me too have opted for it from day1 (I took delivery on 16th April) for my V iDtec. Its really cool - and very useful IMHO.

One query - In the Trips section, if you go inside (i.e. click the map), it shows you exact path your car took for that specific journey. But does it differentiate by colour coding, e.g. does it show hard-braking, idle-time, high speed etc. in different colours? For me - it doesn't (it always show in RED). I am planning to show it to Honda service guy during first service. Please let me know.
Old 25th April 2016, 10:40   #1439
BHPian

Abhishek the honda connect app is quite handy I suppose. It will be really useful for you to keep track of your vehicle. I see that there is a facility for fuel logs also. So how does it work? does it calculates the fuel intake automatically or is the user required to punch in the details? does the odometer readings are logged automatically as soon as you fill fuel?This should be great for fuel efficiency checks.

BHpians, is there any app in android that would help me to keep a log of fuel filled & kms run etc ?

Last edited by redcruiser : 25th April 2016 at 11:00.
Old 25th April 2016, 10:55   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
I think it might be attached to the OBD2 port of the Jazz.
Yes Flanker99, it is attached to the OBD2 port of the Jazz, the showroom guy showed me during the delivery day.
Quote:
does it show any detailed parameters for engine performance/health?
Sadly, No. Other than 'Engine health looks fine', nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Is there a facility to record the fuel intake as well? It would be an all round app if you can record your fuel intake and the app should automatically get the kms driven to calculate the fuel efficiency.
Yes redcruiser - there is a Fuel Log section in the app which does this for you - you wont need a separate app.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425104846.png  

dieselOmaniac is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed