Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2016, 12:11   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
First casualty caused by the absence of a reverse beeper :(
Scraped a bit on the bottom most edge of the rear bumper. Thankfully not directly visible from afar.

I'm so habituated to the beeper system that parking with just the camera is quite a challenge for me as of now. Thinking of getting one installed in a week or two.
Any chance I can get a paint touch-up from Honda? How much would it cost?

Also, most importantly, I haven't been getting any fuel economy above 13-14kmpl. Is that normal? Or something I need to check? This includes highway, city, peak traffic city. I have yet to see the MID show anything above 15kmpl. And it's been about 300+km by now. I'm suspecting under-inflated tyres.
Ashish, I would advise to get the parking sensor installed. It really helps! I have a reverse camera plus sensor in my old Jazz.
You can get a touch up done if it's a small area but otherwise, it can look patchy and bad. What about putting a Team BHP sticker there?

FE will improve slightly after a few thousand kms. But we need to be realistic about what mileage we can expect from a petrol car. There are many posts in the internet claiming mileage of 20 kmpl for a petrol car. Don't get swayed by that. I am not saying those are not true but we don't know the conditions under which that kind of mileage was achieved. I get around 13 kmpl in city conditions with 100% AC on which involves moderate to heavy traffic. Under similar conditions, my Santro used to give 11-12 kmpl. I have achieved 20 kmpl on airport runs on empty roads crusing between 80-100 kmpl. You might want to check your FE on ideal conditions once. Honda Petrols are very fuel efficient. So, don't worry too much about FE and enjoy the drive. I would advise not to drive at very low rpms in order to get more FE as it cause more harm than good. For the Jazz, try to drive mostly between 2000 to 3000 rpm which is kind of a good compromise between FE and performance. Best of luck

Last edited by adimicra : 26th April 2016 at 12:12.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 12:21   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Ashish, I would advise to get the parking sensor installed. It really helps! I have a reverse camera plus sensor in my old Jazz.
You can get a touch up done if it's a small area but otherwise, it can look patchy and bad. What about putting a Team BHP sticker there?

FE will improve slightly after a few thousand kms. But we need to be realistic about what mileage we can expect from a petrol car. Best of luck
Thank you. Would've thought of a Tbhp sticker but it's at the literal edge of the rear bumper so not much point putting a sticker there.
Thinking of touch up mainly because it won't be very noticeable even if the paint job looks patchy.
I will watch my fuel economy overall. Does it improve after the first oil change or so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear ashishk29,

Sorry about the casualty.

My 2 bits:
Put a reverse sensor. I have put the Honda one. It is good. I got it from Deccan Honda, Pimpri, Pune.
Touch up cost should not be significant - do it.

Maybe you need to watch and see what you can improve in your driving.
My trick - watch the IFE and the Eco indicator (green/blue). It took me just a few days to decide what to do and what not to do. For example, sudden acceleration and/or sudden braking kills the FE. Similarly, wrong rpm for the particular load/speed also kills FE.

Girish Mahajan
Thank you. Yes, I definitely need to fine tune my driving style, I'm still getting habituated to the power delivery.

I'll check out the paint job at Honda service. How much did your reverse parking sensor system cost?
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 12:39   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Thinking of touch up mainly because it won't be very noticeable even if the paint job looks patchy.
I will watch my fuel economy overall. Does it improve after the first oil change or so?
If the touch up area is small, the Honda guys might not charge you anything since it is a pretty new car. Just ask one of the technicians to do the same on your first servicing.

In our case, our front bumper scrapped a little while parking diagonally and they offered a touch up job themselves without any charge when we took it for regular servicing.

FE will show improvement even before oil change as you gradually get accustomed to the car. Steady speed and avoiding sudden braking and acceleration should give you good FE.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 13:18   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
What a coincidence - I had my share of bad luck during 2nd day itself, a rickshaw couldn't control & banged my rear (right side) mud flap & I noticed there has been a scratch in my bumper too which you can notice if watched very closely.. I am thinking of requesting for a patch up during my first service this Saturday.

Quote:
Pretty happy with my FE so far, this iDtec is really amazing. Showing 19.5 in the 700km run so far. TFTF method is showing 18. I am satisfied so far & expect the mileage to be steady at 20-21 post 5000km.

Quote:
How much did your reverse parking sensor system cost?
I took about 25K worth of accessories from the dealer out of which one of them was a Xenos parking sensor (3K), found it pretty useful so far and agree with all that it really helps in spite of having a reverse camera. My dealer quoted 6K for Honda parking sensor and suggested me the Xenos one.
dieselOmaniac is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 13:21   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Is it feasible to export the data from the fuel log?
No fash_1, I dont see any export functionality from the fuel log. There should have been one - probably we can ask this as a feature request to HCIL.
Old 26th April 2016, 13:25   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
If the touch up area is small, the Honda guys might not charge you anything since it is a pretty new car. Just ask one of the technicians to do the same on your first servicing.

FE will show improvement even before oil change as you gradually get accustomed to the car. Steady speed and avoiding sudden braking and acceleration should give you good FE.
So should I wait till the first servicing to get the paint touch up done?
I will watch out my driving style a bit. I'm still very much in learning mode with the power delivery on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
I am thinking of requesting for a patch up during my first service this Saturday.

I took about 25K worth of accessories from the dealer out of which one of them was a Xenos parking sensor (3K), found it pretty useful so far and agree with all that it really helps in spite of having a reverse camera. My dealer quoted 6K for Honda parking sensor and suggested me the Xenos one.
Is the warranty unaffected even with the Xenos one? 6k is a bit overpriced I feel. Does the Honda unit even offer anything better than the Xenos?
Old 26th April 2016, 13:34   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
So should I wait till the first servicing to get the paint touch up done?
You can visit the dealership even earlier if its nearby, as per your convenience. Else, first servicing is less than a month away. Can do then.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 13:45   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Is the warranty unaffected even with the Xenos one? 6k is a bit overpriced I feel. Does the Honda unit even offer anything better than the Xenos?
I specifically asked this question but they mentioned that they have some 'partnership' with Xenos and its plug-and-play type and therefore car-warranty is unaffected as I am taking it from the dealership (with proper bills and 1 year warranty for the device). They gave me only 2 options (Honda and Xenos) - and I was convinced for Xenos.

Speaking of warranty reminds me - I was going through the documentation over the weekend & noticed that I have received only the contract paper for the Extended warranty where this is written - "...The Terms & conditions of this Extended warranty are not the same as original warranty. So please take a little time to go through the attached Terms & conditions..." Do you guys have any idea what are those Terms & conditions as I dont see Dealer have given any such things to me.
Old 26th April 2016, 13:48   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
You can visit the dealership even earlier if its nearby, as per your convenience. Else, first servicing is less than a month away. Can do then.
I'll do it with the first servicing then(I think I'll incur labour charges if I do it now?)

Quote:
I specifically asked this question but they mentioned that they have some 'partnership' with Xenos and its plug-and-play type and therefore car-warranty is unaffected as I am taking it from the dealership (with proper bills and 1 year warranty for the device). They gave me only 2 options (Honda and Xenos) - and I was convinced for Xenos.

Speaking of warranty reminds me - I was going through the documentation over the weekend & noticed that I have received only the contract paper for the Extended warranty where this is written - "...The Terms & conditions of this Extended warranty are not the same as original warranty. So please take a little time to go through the attached Terms & conditions..." Do you guys have any idea what are those Terms & conditions as I dont see Dealer have given any such things to me.
Thanks. I'll check with my dealer what are the options they provide.
Regarding Extended warranty, I'll check my documents and see if I have something similar.
Old 26th April 2016, 14:36   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Also, most importantly, I haven't been getting any fuel economy above 13-14kmpl. Is that normal? Or something I need to check? This includes highway, city, peak traffic city. I have yet to see the MID show anything above 15kmpl. And it's been about 300+km by now. I'm suspecting under-inflated tyres.
Regarding the FE, It might be different for each individual due to differing driving styles. That said, 13-14 kmpl seems to be about par for mixed driving conditions for a 1.2L petrol engine. If you take it on a long highway run of at least a 100KM and hold steady reasonable speeds, you can see the MID reporting north of 15-16kmpl.

Also what the MID displays is the average from the time you have reset the trip. So for example, if you fill fuel and reset the trip on a fuel pump on the outskirts and hit the highway directly, the MID will show almost near 20Kmpl. On the other hand, if you fill up and do some runs in the city for a while and then take it to the highway, it takes a while to climb up since the city run would have pulled the average down.

What I observed in my CVT at least was that if you accelerate to the desired speed and then back off from the throttle slightly, the Real time indicator starts climbing up (It reaches max if I am coasting in-gear). If I hold the accelerator instead of easing off a bit, the real time indicator stays on the lower side. Try this and update on how it behaves.

Quote:
I would advise not to drive at very low rpms in order to get more FE as it cause more harm than good. For the Jazz, try to drive mostly between 2000 to 3000 rpm which is kind of a good compromise between FE and performance. Best of luck
This gets me thinking, on the automatic, in D mode, I mostly see the rpm being held at 1500 when doing constant 40-50kmph. It is only during increased acceleration do I see the rpm go above 2000. Even with kickdown in D mode it does not go above 3000. Only when I move to S mode, it starts holding 2000 rpm and goes above 3000 on kickdown. Does that mean that the engine is very close to being lugged most of the time in D mode?

Last edited by praveen_v : 26th April 2016 at 14:42. Reason: Additional quote
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 14:45   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post

Also what the MID displays is the average from the time you have reset the trip. So for example, if you fill fuel and reset the trip on a fuel pump on the outskirts and hit the highway directly, the MID will show almost near 20Kmpl. On the other hand, if you fill up and do some runs in the city for a while and then take it to the highway, it takes a while to climb up since the city run would have pulled the average down.
Thanks! I had absolutely forgotten that it will average the trip, and not the FE in general. Gotten habituated to how my Duke shows FE for the current run, unrelated to the Trip A/B.
Old 27th April 2016, 11:18   #1467
BHPian

The horn seems to be too feeble although bought a V variant which is supposed to have dual horn!! Any suggestions - without affecting the warranty? Can ask the service guys during the first service..
Old 27th April 2016, 11:31   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
The horn seems to be too feeble although bought a V variant which is supposed to have dual horn!! Any suggestions - without affecting the warranty? Can ask the service guys during the first service..
The horn on mine feels pretty loud! If yours is too feeble, get it checked at SVC, whether both horns are connected properly? Also see if all other models sound the same.

Update on fuel economy: Drove like a saint this morning on the way to office. Always stayed in the green light zone, watching the instantaneous FE constantly, and reset the trip before starting. Peak AVG I got on the MID was a whopping 18.7kmpl! Even in stop and go traffic the least was 13.4kmpl.

Absolutely astonished by the FE figures.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 16:11   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Honda Petrols are very fuel efficient. So, don't worry too much about FE and enjoy the drive. I would advise not to drive at very low rpms in order to get more FE as it cause more harm than good. For the Jazz, try to drive mostly between 2000 to 3000 rpm which is kind of a good compromise between FE and performance. Best of luck
Dear adimicra, Firstly want to thank you specially, your threads were one of the deciding factors to go with Jazz - specially during last year post-launch bashing, you held the fort strongly! I have followed this thread very closely that time so clearly remember..

Have a question for the forum regd FE - The iDtec I am driving, I have no complains regd mileage as its giving me 20.5 already. But one thing I am noticing is that the green glow goes away as soon a you cross 1500rpm. E.g. If I am in 5th gear at 80kmph the green glow is visible as the rpm is 1500 but a little step on the gas and it turns blue again - even at 1700. 1500rpm - IMHO isn't it to less for a diesel engine of 1500cc, I guess it can do more harm than good as adimicra you mentioned. I might be wrong - but coming from Figo Tdci - which used to come to life at around 2000rpm, I am finding a bit weird. Whats you guys take in this?
Old 27th April 2016, 16:40   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
But one thing I am noticing is that the green glow goes away as soon a you cross 1500rpm. E.g. If I am in 5th gear at 80kmph the green glow is visible as the rpm is 1500 but a little step on the gas and it turns blue again - even at 1700. 1500rpm - IMHO isn't it to less for a diesel engine of 1500cc, I guess it can do more harm than good as adimicra you mentioned. I might be wrong - but coming from Figo Tdci - which used to come to life at around 2000rpm, I am finding a bit weird. Whats you guys take in this?
One thing I've noticed is you do get green light even at RPM > 1500, if you accelerate very slowly. Give it a shot.
I've tried feathering the throttle pedal. This gives very slow acceleration, but the indicator stays green most of the time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks