Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:24   #1501
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quick and courteous service from crystal Honda bavdhan pune. Was offered water, coffee while bill printing etc was going on.

Turned out to be a leak in the ac pipe, covered under warranty.

Feels nice to see a bill total of Rs.0 :-P
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 02:26   #1502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Quick and courteous service from crystal Honda bavdhan pune. Was offered water, coffee while bill printing etc was going on.

Turned out to be a leak in the ac pipe, covered under warranty.

Feels nice to see a bill total of Rs.0 :-P

But didn't you bother to ask how can a brand new car's AC pipe go kaput or you have rodents around your car parking ? Anyway, good that everything ended to your satisfaction. Drive safe.

Cheers... Shiv
Old 4th May 2016, 08:36   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
But didn't you bother to ask how can a brand new car's AC pipe go kaput or you have rodents around your car parking ? Anyway, good that everything ended to your satisfaction. Drive safe.

Cheers... Shiv
I did ask for all the details. They said it was a slightly defective O ring seal that failed prematurely.
Hence covered by warranty.

Such is the sad state of manufacturing quality here. I later had a talk with a friend who worked at a very large german brand's car manufacturing plant. He said the quality checking and overall attitude towards the manufacturing process is downright negligent. Parts are constantly damaged in manufacturing itself. If this can happen in such a huge brand, I suppose Honda wouldn't be all that haloed either.

Point being, while this is ridiculous and unexpected, the silver lining is that I got good service for it, and didn't have to pay anything.
Old 4th May 2016, 13:18   #1504
BHPian

Jazz April sales stand at a meagre 869 units.
At around 4000 units per months was a justifiable number. Such a steep dip in sales is really sad and concerning news.

Could it be updated Amaze interiors that are swaying some potential Jazz customers towards itself?

Source: AutoCar India
Old 4th May 2016, 14:12   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet8686 View Post
At around 4000 units per months was a justifiable number. Such a steep dip in sales is really sad and concerning news.

Could it be updated Amaze interiors that are swaying some potential Jazz customers towards itself?

The production of the Jazz and Amaze has been compromised to accommodate the BR- V. Also the shift in consumer preferences from diesel to petrol has led to a mismatch between the supply and demand for certain variants. This is why the numbers are low this month.
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 14:12   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
I did ask for all the details. They said it was a slightly defective O ring seal that failed prematurely.
Hence covered by warranty.

Such is the sad state of manufacturing quality here. I later had a talk with a friend who worked at a very large german brand's car manufacturing plant. He said the quality checking and overall attitude towards the manufacturing process is downright negligent. Parts are constantly damaged in manufacturing itself. If this can happen in such a huge brand, I suppose Honda wouldn't be all that haloed either.

Point being, while this is ridiculous and unexpected, the silver lining is that I got good service for it, and didn't have to pay anything.
I work for one of the biggest GERMAN OEM companies and quality is the top most priority by all means, and as far as I know from our assembly lines, faulty or damaged raw materials consist upto 30% of total shipments, specially from the Indian parts supplier. This tantamounts to higher delivery costs and eventually higher price tags for the Cars.

Coming to Honda, I have a Honda City 2007 with 85,000 KMS on the odo and still runs as new with modest expenses. Fast forward to Brio in 2012, I had the infamous dashboard rattling sounds, rear left suspension crank and door squeaking sound right from Day1, ignoring the impracticality the car came with. Finally I sold the Car within 16 months of ownership. I had lost all hope from Honda and probably they too have from themselves in India.

Another breaking news as a result is City lost its crown to Ciaz albeit by a small margin.

Quote:

Could be very much possible considering Amaze has a lower price tag than Jazz and is a tad bigger in size. I wont personally care if the Car is India specific or not, what I would care for is how the car is as an overall package. Leave aside the pricing debacle Honda made again with Jazz. Something is wrong with Honda's sales and marketing team and I dont see anything improving in near future. For Ex:

a 1.5 mio BRV sharing the same dashboard with Brio which is ~0.5 mio. After the Mobilio disaster, Honda should have learnt this but they didn't. May be they don't want to.

Cheers.. Shiv

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 4th May 2016 at 14:13. Reason: grammer
Shiv_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 14:52   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
I work for one of the biggest GERMAN OEM companies and quality is the top most priority by all means, and as far as I know from our assembly lines, faulty or damaged raw materials consist upto 30% of total shipments, specially from the Indian parts supplier. This tantamounts to higher delivery costs and eventually higher price tags for the Cars.

Coming to Honda, I have a Honda City 2007 with 85,000 KMS on the odo and still runs as new with modest expenses. Fast forward to Brio in 2012, I had the infamous dashboard rattling sounds, rear left suspension crank and door squeaking sound right from Day1, ignoring the impracticality the car came with. Finally I sold the Car within 16 months of ownership. I had lost all hope from Honda and probably they too have from themselves in India.
I meant no offence. And by manufacturing process I meant, how the car is assembled in the plant. Might've used the wrong jargon. And yes, I also got to hear the same thing about parts damaged. Apart from that, I do agree that the cars manufactured today indeed aren't quite as sturdy and well built as cars from about 10 years back.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 19:02   #1508
BHPian

Quote:

This current generation Honda Jazz is a Good car in various aspects but I believe the pricing of this car and arrival of string of new products (Especially Diesel ones) such as TUV300,Ford Figo + Figo Aspire, Scross 1.3,Baleno,KUV100,VitaraBrezza, Refreshed Ecosport 'now in reduced price') falling within its price range after its introduction to the market could be key factors.

Now the buyer has a lot of choice in the Market. The new Honda Jazz has its own USPs such as Space, Powerful yet smooth Ivtec, Powerful and Fuel efficient idtec but there are lot of products have similar values to offer but at similar price point or even lesser.

Just a curious question on your pt 'Such a steep dip in sales is really sad and concerning news.'What makes you to worry..? are you fearing that this would affect its production sometime in near future etc.. or image issue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
The production of the Jazz and Amaze has been compromised to accommodate the BR- V. Also the shift in consumer preferences from diesel to petrol has led to a mismatch between the supply and demand for certain variants. This is why the numbers are low this month.
Your above point seems to be valid mate but personally I felt that prioriy of BRV Manufacturing at the plant should have been not at the cost of Jazz but Brio or Mobilio since these two products are slow movers month on month. Jazz is still trying to establish itself in the crowded Market this info of least nos in April month would create a negative impression in the mind of buyers in terms of product longevity etc. Isnt it?

Quote:
Another breaking news as a result is City lost its crown to Ciaz albeit by a small margin.
CIAZ was narrowing down the gap against frontrunner City and this was expected/was on the cards every month. Especially after the introduction of SHVS engine. Now its time for Honda to flex muscles and catch the lost ground and the possibility is bleak(Courtesy Creta,Brezza..etc).Tough times ahead for Honda and hope pricing of BRV is right for an otherwise ordinary side profile(Please drop the BRIO Platform for developing MPVs & SUVs and Grow-Up Honda).
DieselTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 20:16   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
You really think you did not pay anything? You invested your time coping up with this petty issue which shouldn't have been there in the first place and then spent on fuel when you visited the A.S.S. Just because these guys are always short of spares, I had to drive down 46 kms to change a puny air condition part; which again is a clear case of pathetic quality control.

With the kind of issues I have with my vehicle and the lethargic attitude of service centers (I've tried 2 till date) in resolving them, I would be happy if I am given a chance to change my decision in getting the Jazz. I personally regret my buying decision.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 07:12   #1510
BHPian

Hi Mates,

I have posted the below query at the 'Jazz Tyres and Wheels' page but didn't get any response. Hence re-posting the same by excluding the pics attachment. Mods please suggest whether this is an advisable practise.

I own a 2015 Honda Jazz SV IDTEC Urban Titanium and looking to upgrade from my stock steel rims to alloy wheels. I have decided to buy Neo wheels but couldn't finalise a design yet(owing to multiple options) and hence thought of sharing the ones I liked to know your views.

I am not upgrading my tyres for now and currently on my stock MRF ZVTVs 175ers.

Kindly let me know your views by having a look at the pictures of alloy wheel designs posted at the link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3965989.

Personally I liked black alloys and have sorted them(alloys) in the below referred order of preference

1.Athlete
2.Sync
3.Alpha
4.Turbo
5.Inferno

Would like to know your taste/preference here. Also please feel free to suggest any other Brand/Design if you believe that it would suit the 2015 Jazz Urban Titanium.
Old 5th May 2016, 09:39   #1511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
Hi Mates,
I own a 2015 Honda Jazz SV IDTEC Urban Titanium and looking to upgrade from my stock steel rims to alloy wheels. I have decided to buy Neo wheels but couldn't finalise a design yet(owing to multiple options) and hence thought of sharing the ones I liked to know your views.
I had upgraded to alloys made by Neo wheels. I believe it is good enough for someone on budget. I have them for over 6 years now with no problems at all except for normal depreciation. If I remember correctly, they carry a 6 month warranty.

There are few another brands like Plati which are more premium and may have better designs as well. Also, they might be available online too through official channel. Do have a look but that may mean stretching your current budget.

However, I would suggest you to check the offset and PCD values so as to know they suit your vehicle. Do check that the alloys sit right where the OE steel rims do. If they have a slight outside set, they might foul with wheel archs in extreme conditions. So, brick n mortar shops will be preferable for the purchase.

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 5th May 2016 at 09:42.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 10:05   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
With the kind of issues I have with my vehicle and the lethargic attitude of service centers (I've tried 2 till date) in resolving them, I would be happy if I am given a chance to change my decision in getting the Jazz. I personally regret my buying decision.
What issues did you face sumit. How old is your vehicle now?
Old 5th May 2016, 11:30   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I personally regret my buying decision.
Strong feelings indeed. I guess there could be a lot of people facing similar QC issues, non TBHP members included. Is there any possibility/mean of actually taking this matter to Honda themselves? At the end of the dealer/workshop can't resolve each and every issue. I doubt whether they even have the capability to take the car completely apart and then rebuild it. When I think of it rattles and such things are relatively minor as compared to leaking pipes and non-functional ACs.

I am giving this some thought. I am seriously considering shooting off an email to Honda directly next month or so. Just need to get motivated enough . Its quite likely that Honda will give a diplomatic reply and shrug off the entire issue altogether by referring me to the workshop/dealer. But atleast I might get the satisfaction of actually taking the matter to the root cause of these issues. After all it's my hard earned money that I spent on a car that I dreamed of for 5 long years.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 11:57   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Strong feelings indeed. I guess there could be a lot of people facing similar QC issues, non TBHP members included. Is there any possibility/mean of actually taking this matter to Honda themselves? At the end of the dealer/workshop can't resolve each and every issue. I doubt whether they even have the capability to take the car completely apart and then rebuild it. When I think of it rattles and such things are relatively minor as compared to leaking pipes and non-functional ACs.

I am giving this some thought. I am seriously considering shooting off an email to Honda directly next month or so. Just need to get motivated enough . Its quite likely that Honda will give a diplomatic reply and shrug off the entire issue altogether by referring me to the workshop/dealer. But atleast I might get the satisfaction of actually taking the matter to the root cause of these issues. After all it's my hard earned money that I spent on a car that I dreamed of for 5 long years.
Not as frustrated with my ride (I am a bit patient on that front ) but, we absolutely "dreamt" about buying this solely for the brand equity the previous generation had created. When I read through threads or posts about zero niggles/ rattles even after 5-6 years of decent abuse, boy, that does set me on fire! Well, that's particularly why I pushed my parents to pick the current generation Jazz (Marutis become rattlesnakes after a few years but, the new generation ones aren't that bad!) but, the "rattle" business with our Jazz within 1000kms is something I have NOT taken very kindly to.

If it isn't too much to ask for, could you include me on the mail chain too? Please do add a link to a few pages of this thread where QC issues have been highlighted.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 12:16   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
If it isn't too much to ask for, could you include me on the mail chain too? Please do add a link to a few pages of this thread where QC issues have been highlighted.
Hi Shivang. Even I am not that frustrated yet. These days I actually prefer drowning out those rattles with some music . But this email thing is still some time away. I am a bit occupied till the 5th of June. I am also considering taking the car out for a longish drive after that to better understand/hear the various niggles while I sit in the passenger seat.

But I will seriously consider writing this email in June. Will definitely PM you for your email address once the email is ready. And definitely, a link to this page is a must in any correspondence with Honda.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks