Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2016, 13:04   #1516
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I had upgraded to alloys made by Neo wheels. I believe it is good enough for someone on budget. I have them for over 6 years now with no problems at all except for normal depreciation. If I remember correctly, they carry a 6 month warranty.

There are few another brands like Plati which are more premium and may have better designs as well. Also, they might be available online too through official channel. Do have a look but that may mean stretching your current budget.

However, I would suggest you to check the offset and PCD values so as to know they suit your vehicle. Do check that the alloys sit right where the OE steel rims do. If they have a slight outside set, they might foul with wheel archs in extreme conditions. So, brick n mortar shops will be preferable for the purchase.

Regards.
Thanks for your valuable suggestions Saket77.I had a look at Neo wheels site regarding their warranty conditions and it states that they offer life time structural warranty. Per your suggestion visited the Plati site and found that they offer 1 year structural warranty.

Regarding price - I don't see much difference between Neo wheels/Plati/HRS for similar model/styles but that's not rightly revealing which Brands products are superior in quality etc...

Agree with your view on PCD and offset values. As suggested - I am planning to visit a local alloy store rather buying online simply for the checking the fit visually.

on a side note - which alloy brand do you prefer purely for the quality/style/fit &finish/minimal wear and tear/VFM?
Old 5th May 2016, 13:50   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I meant no offence. And by manufacturing process I meant, how the car is assembled in the plant. Might've used the wrong jargon. And yes, I also got to hear the same thing about parts damaged. Apart from that, I do agree that the cars manufactured today indeed aren't quite as sturdy and well built as cars from about 10 years back.

No offence taken mate.. Not that I am very touchy about my job or something. I was just trying to highlight the quality traits of Germans in general, I do feel they give high imp to quality still but may be not universally true.

Afa the strength of vehicle goes, my dad's 79 mfd Bajaj super can make considerable damages to these modern age marutis and Hondas head to head; such was strength of the metals used in those days and this is from exp

Cheers.. Shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 20:20   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
What issues did you face sumit. How old is your vehicle now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Strong feelings indeed.
Yep! and the feeling is only getting stronger. To list some of them:
  1. Dashboard and B pillar rattles like hell now a days. I can understand that this is a minor issue and can happen to any car but with 3800 on the ODO, that's the last issue someone would think of.
  2. Earlier, the gear knob vibrated in 3rd gear but now I feel it across the gears. You can't make it out unless you hold the stick and I feel the vibrations are getting intense as I clock more kilometers. I have reported this issue during all 3 services but both service centers did not offer any help or solution. I was taken on a Honda City test drive to prove that this also happens in other petrol vehicles. They can't expect me to understand that if they make 20 defective gear boxes, its OK for them not to consider it a defect.
  3. AC was a dud but has been rectified by the service center.
  4. Terrible rattling sound when you drive with your window glass down. I reported this and got a vague response that its with every Jazz. I guess Honda did not even bother taking a test run with windows down?
  5. While making a U turn, I feel the steering rod grinds with something underneath. Reported this but they did not even bother checking it. Not that I get this feeling when the steering is at its fag end of curve but as soon as I start rotating, I start noticing this grind.
  6. During the first service, I was asked to sit on the passenger side for a test drive to locate a rattle. When I opened the passenger side door, sidewall of the dashboard was hanging out of its place They tried really hard to get it back to its place but failed. They finally bent it so hard that it was on the brink of breaking and that's when it got stuck inside. Its just a matter of time that it comes out again.
  7. I have myself slotted some plastic panels to their place since they were literally coming out. The plastic panel near the front quarter glass (A shaped) is one example.
  8. Strong vibrations on the accelerator pedal when transitioning from 70 to 80 kmph. It goes away completely when I'm above 80 kmph. Again, reported but of no use.
To conclude, its not that I keep searching for niggles on my own but the above ones were too apparent. This car has its strengths but the above issues ruin the fun. Plastic quality used in this car is terrible

Last edited by k.sumit : 5th May 2016 at 20:23.
k.sumit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 20:53   #1519
BHPian

Any suggestions on sun-shades? Has anyone tried buying them from Amazon or so?

Looking for magnetic ones preferably as those suction cup ones fall off too easily.

All suggestions welcome.
Old 6th May 2016, 07:04   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on sun-shades? Has anyone tried buying them from Amazon or so?

Looking for magnetic ones preferably as those suction cup ones fall off too easily.

All suggestions welcome.
Hi, I bought a set of magnetic shades from Opera House, Mumbai. Cost was approx Rs500 (in Dec '15).
My feedback, the shades don't have enough magnets to hold them in place. Once installed, there are no rattles.
I feel the holes in the mesh are too big and therefore, the shades are not the most effective.
I had seen another set of shades at Opera House, with very fine mesh and of very high quality, but they cost Rs2500, which I felt was too high for magnetic shades.
Raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 15:05   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Yep! and the feeling is only getting stronger. To list some of them:[list=1][*]Dashboard and B pillar rattles like hell now a days. I can understand that this is a minor issue and can happen to any car but with 3800 on the ODO, that's the last issue someone would think of.

were too apparent. This car has its strengths but the above issues ruin the fun. Plastic quality used in this car is terrible

Mate, feel sorry for you and totally understand how frustrated you can be. But, at the end of the day it is your car and you are its master so try hard to keep the bond alive, once gone you can't live with the car for long. I lost this bond with my brio in <1 yr and sold it of <18 months. Had my own reasons though. I still believe, fundamentally jazz is a promising package.

Have patience and go through each of the issues and sort them out. My 2 cents..

Cheers.. Shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 19:38   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Mate, feel sorry for you and totally understand how frustrated you can be. But, at the end of the day it is your car and you are its master so try hard to keep the bond alive, once gone you can't live with the car for long. I lost this bond with my brio in <1 yr and sold it of <18 months. Had my own reasons though. I still believe, fundamentally jazz is a promising package.

Have patience and go through each of the issues and sort them out. My 2 cents..

Cheers.. Shiv
Well said! What I feel is in the current scenario, nearly every car will have some niggles and quirks. But beneath it all, it's your machine.

You may not get perfection but eventually you find perfection.

In other news: had my first highway run today. This thing feels so nice on the open roads. If peaceful driving is your thing, this is the ultimate in it. And it's no slouch in the corners either. It's no polo of swift, but it does hold its own. Went through a couple of ghats. Happy with the overall experience.
As long as you're in motion at anything over 20kmph, you just don't need to change gears. I found myself crossing smaller speed bumps in fifth gear without so much as a jerk. Feels so relaxing.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 19:01   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Well said! What I feel is in the current scenario, nearly every car will have some niggles and quirks. But beneath it all, it's your machine.

You may not get perfection but eventually you find perfection.

In other news: had my first highway run today. This thing feels so nice on the open roads. If peaceful driving is your thing, this is the ultimate in it. And it's no slouch in the corners either. It's no polo of swift, but it does hold its own. Went through a couple of ghats. Happy with the overall experience.
As long as you're in motion at anything over 20kmph, you just don't need to change gears. I found myself crossing smaller speed bumps in fifth gear without so much as a jerk. Feels so relaxing.
Absolutely, If I have to give Honda any brownie points, it is their sweet IVTEC which still stands tall among others. It was so eager in my tiny Brio from the word go which overall was an extremely fun to drive cars and was very stable.

I believe Jazz is also a very competent product but its just that Honda isn't paying attention to the changing customer demographics in India or the complains from existing customers. They don't have to follow Maruti or Hyundai (they can't anyway) but do preserve your strong points and improvise on your weak ones.

Sad to see that being a Honda fanboy. I hope they listen someday.

Cheers.. Shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 18:23   #1524
BHPian

Ok the left 2 vents in my car have much cooler air than the right 2 vents. Tried this for some time and the observation definitely stands.

Has anyone else noticed this? It's not that the right vents don't give cool air. It just isn't as cool as the left two vents.
Old 10th May 2016, 18:33   #1525
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Ok the left 2 vents in my car have much cooler air than the right 2 vents. Tried this for some time and the observation definitely stands.

Has anyone else noticed this? It's not that the right vents don't give cool air. It just isn't as cool as the left two vents.
Interesting observation, in my City I've just closed the left vents completely since most of the week I am the only one in the car. I also observed that cleaning the air filter inside the glove box improves cooling a bit.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 20:05   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Interesting observation, in my City I've just closed the left vents completely since most of the week I am the only one in the car. I also observed that cleaning the air filter inside the glove box improves cooling a bit.
I tried shutting the left most vent, but didn't make any difference.
I'm gonna get this checked out anyways as the car is due for its first servicing.
Old 11th May 2016, 04:49   #1527
BHPian

Had a very unfortunate incident tonight. Due to storm in Delhi a eucalyptus branch fell on the windscreen of my car at 2am today. There's a big crack in the upper portion midway between the driver and the co passenger. I have a 50% NCB on my August 2015 Jazz. Can anyone give me an estimate how much will it cost and should I be claiming insurance or paying from the pocket. Have the full NCB on all my cars as thankfully there's never been a need to make a claim hence the question.
Old 11th May 2016, 10:34   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Had a very unfortunate incident tonight. Due to storm in Delhi a eucalyptus branch fell on the windscreen of my car at 2am today. There's a big crack in the upper portion midway between the driver and the co passenger. I have a 50% NCB on my August 2015 Jazz. Can anyone give me an estimate how much will it cost and should I be claiming insurance or paying from the pocket. Have the full NCB on all my cars as thankfully there's never been a need to make a claim hence the question.

Sorry to hear that ToyotaFan. I had suffered a similar incident with my WagonR last year. A falling coconut smashed the windscreen. The total cost was around INR 4,000 (probably a bit more). I did not claim the insurance. Besides, the SaintGobain workshop told me that even if I claim the insurance I will still have to pay him extra. Not sure what these 'extra' charges were as my dad had taken the car to the workshop. Considering the Jazz's windscreen is much bigger the costs could be upward of the above figure.

Btw, does your windscreen has that RFID tag on the top left corner? Will this be transferred to the new windscreen? Do post the updates after the replacement is done.
Old 11th May 2016, 11:21   #1529
BHPian

The ac is significantly underperforming/not working. Not the slightest bit of cool air whatsoever. I'm also getting the same hissing noise every time I turn on my ac.
Here I am, stuck in traffic, it's 37Deg Celsius outside, and I'm thawing in here.

That service center is gonna get an earful this time. This is just ridiculous.

Update: I got out traffic, turned the ac off and back on. And somehow I'm getting cool air. The cooling is still not upto the expected levels though.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 11th May 2016 at 11:29.
Old 11th May 2016, 11:42   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Ashish

1) Ask them to check the refrigerant level, and check for any leakage (If cooling is not up to the normal level)
2) Electrical connector to compressor - check whether it is connected properly or loose (If no cool air, but just AC blower is running)

Last edited by Latheesh : 11th May 2016 at 11:44.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks