Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2016, 15:16   #1621
SKB
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Not sure if I am supposed to post it here.

My Jazz got a small dent due to heavy rains in Hyderabad. A rod fell down from our under construction apartment and some paint came of the the hood.I went to honda service center today and they are quoting 7500Rs to fix it. I am going to use my insurance but, just want to know if the price is too high.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20160605_135731.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20160605_135741.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20160605_135735.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20160605_135832.jpg  

Old 6th June 2016, 11:33   #1622
BHPian

Can the AVN system of Jazz VX be fitted into lower models for SV/V? If so, any idea what the cost is?
Old 6th June 2016, 12:56   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Not sure if I am supposed to post it here.

My Jazz got a small dent due to heavy rains in Hyderabad. A rod fell down from our under construction apartment and some paint came of the the hood.I went to honda service center today and they are quoting 7500Rs to fix it. I am going to use my insurance but, just want to know if the price is too high.
I would avoid 1) insurance 2) Dealer , as damage is not much.

This dent is minor and can be repaired by local street painter for cheaper. Look for some nearby garage.

Get the right colour code for the mechanic
Old 6th June 2016, 16:45   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
My Jazz got a small dent due to heavy rains in Hyderabad. A rod fell down from our under construction apartment and some paint came of the the hood.I went to honda service center today and they are quoting 7500Rs to fix it.
Hi. Couldn't help noticing but has the damaged area already started to rust? The last picture certainly gives such an appearance.

My dealership charged me ~INR 5,000 (taxes included) for painting over the damaged area in my car's front door. They said that they charge on a per panel basis. They paint the entire panel irrespective of the size of damage. Assuming they are also quoting for the repair of the dent, the quote given to you seems to be correct (read high). Cheaper alternatives must exist. My dad told me that if I go for the insurance route I might loose on the no claim bonus. Hence I paid out of own pocket.
Old 6th June 2016, 17:38   #1625
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi. Couldn't help noticing but has the damaged area already started to rust? The last picture certainly gives such an appearance.
Unfortunately yes. I was out of town when this happened and due to constant raining the rust was formed.Initially I thought to cover the whole hood with 3m Care matte cover but, due to rust I decided to go with repainting
Old 6th June 2016, 17:49   #1626
Team-BHP Support

The bump is on a crease so will be difficult to repair in isolation by dry spot-denting. Given it's also rusting, it would be best to get the panel scrubbed and repainted in entirety, just to ensure the rusting is completely taken care of.
Old 6th June 2016, 18:21   #1627
BHPian

Carnation and mahindra first choice charge 2000 Rs per panel

Last edited by hondacity : 6th June 2016 at 18:43.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 09:10   #1628
BHPian

I had not driven my car for the past two weeks. It was left parked in neutral with the hand brake engaged. Yesterday morning when I started driving I heard a funny sound, like something was rubbing against the wheels. As the speed picked up the frequency increased and it disappeared. When I was applying the brakes, like while approaching a speed-breaker, I was hearing the sound again. While returning home from office the sound had more or less disappeared. Could this be related to the brakes or the hand-brake? When we are not using our cars for a rather long time should we leave the hand-brake disengaged?

I remember the hand-brake of my WagonR having issues. It didn't use disengage properly after leaving the car parked for 8-10 hours on a slope. It was later found that the brake lining, or whatever it was, was damaged and it had to be replaced.
Old 7th June 2016, 12:06   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
I had not driven my car for the past two weeks. It was left parked in neutral with the hand brake engaged. Yesterday morning when I started driving I heard a funny sound, like something was rubbing against the wheels. As the speed picked up the frequency increased and it disappeared. When I was applying the brakes, like while approaching a speed-breaker, I was hearing the sound again. While returning home from office the sound had more or less disappeared. Could this be related to the brakes or the hand-brake? When we are not using our cars for a rather long time should we leave the hand-brake disengaged?

I remember the hand-brake of my WagonR having issues. It didn't use disengage properly after leaving the car parked for 8-10 hours on a slope. It was later found that the brake lining, or whatever it was, was damaged and it had to be replaced.

It looks like formation of rust on the brake discs. Have happened to me many times on the Accord, Corolla and now the Jazz as well. Go for a spin be gentle on the brakes for a km or 2 and it should disappear.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 15:03   #1630
BHPian

A lot of Ford Figo reviews applaud that it has a "Max AC" button which puts the blower into full blast for a small time.

I recently found that the Jazz V/VX has that feature too.

All you have to do is to swipe your finger from down to up on the blower speed controls(like you would to unlock your phone) and it will turn up the blower to full speed irrespective of what speed it was at. Same thing works with the temperature controls too. Swipe up will push it from Lo to 25, and from 25 to Hi(and vice versa).

Really handy!
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 16:00   #1631
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had not driven my car for the past two weeks. It was left parked in neutral with the hand brake engaged.........
If the noise is from the front wheels, it's rust on the brake rotors and should disappear in a couple kms.

If it's the rear wheels, it could still just be slight rust on the drum brake contact areas and should go away on its own. If it persists, have the handbrake mechanism checked out as the cable may be damaged and not disengaging the handbrake fully.

Please do make a habit of parking in gear, esp. if your parking spot is not entirely flat ground. Helps keep car stationary in case of parking brake failure or accidental disengagement.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th June 2016 at 16:16.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 16:06   #1632
BHPian

Has anyone seen the Low Fuel warning lamp light up? I have not seen it coming on even when the MID was showing the range as low as 40 Kms. The Fuel gauge had two bars left. I checked the manual and it says the low fuel warning should come ON when there is around 5 litres of fuel left but it doesnt seem to be the case.
Old 7th June 2016, 16:35   #1633
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Has anyone seen the Low Fuel warning lamp light up? I have not seen it coming on even when the MID was showing the range as low as 40 Kms. The Fuel gauge had two bars left. I checked the manual and it says the low fuel warning should come ON when there is around 5 litres of fuel left but it doesnt seem to be the case.
Low fuel light seems to come on very late in Honda cars. It won't come on with 2 bars remaining. The only time I saw that light illuminated was when Honda delivered the new car - Had to go straight to the petrol pump to fill up.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 23:00   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone seen the Low Fuel warning lamp light up? I have not seen it coming on even when the MID was showing the range as low as 40 Kms. The Fuel gauge had two bars left.
I saw the warning lamp come up day before yesterday when the range was 30km with 1 bar left. A bar indicates around 2 litres if am not wrong.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 16:56   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Praveen,

Yes I do get the warning lamp every time i am less on fuel, usually it comes up when you have around 1 bar remaining or ideally around 25-30 kms range left. If this is not coming up, get in touch with your service adviser & get it sorted
venkikewl is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks