Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2016, 15:14   #1651
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I second your thoughts on above points. I own new Jazz and it is a lazy car at lower rpms. It makes life a bit difficult during city drives with frequent shifts. As you rightly mentioned, hatch feels very light and closes with very unusual sound. Same is the case with bonnet, very light and weird sound. Lower dashboard plastics flex too much and the glovebox lock does not sound solid enough on closing. My Esteem has better glovebox lock clsoing and lower plastics were solid too.

Have you found clutch operation a bit hard, it is definitely not feather light as is the case with petrol cars.
Thanks. I understand for the manfucaturers to build VFM cars at this price point, but Honda has to taken too seriously and kept all other points like quality, safety and drivability lower down the priority. What they also moved up the chain is Pricing. This complete strategy is hurting them.

Indians want VFM products and not cheap products.

There are 2 more point which I missed to mention in my OP.

The steering feedback. Not in league of europeans, you still need a firm hand on the old Jazz but it seems to be too aggresive in centre return. The dead centre feel is more in the new one though. This feeling was same in my brio too. The new jazz has much better steering feedback than the i20 but not as good as the older one. It is still lighter to my taste and is not as communicative as I would have expected. Overall, I can live with the steering of the new jazz for sure.

Coming to the clutch and gear shift quality, the new Jazz gears shifts are slicker IMO compared to the old one. Slots better and with more ease compared to the old Jazz. So that is a plus in favor of the new Jazz. Clutch is perfect for me. Not as light as a Maruti or heavy as a VW.

cheers.. shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 15:44   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Thanks. I understand for the manfucaturers to build VFM cars at this price point, but Honda has to taken too seriously and kept all other points like quality, safety and drivability lower down the priority. What they also moved up the chain is Pricing. This complete strategy is hurting them.

Indians want VFM products and not cheap products.

The steering feedback. Not in league of europeans, you still need a firm hand on the old Jazz but it seems to be too aggresive in centre return. The dead centre feel is more in the new one though. This feeling was same in my brio too. The new jazz has much better steering feedback than the i20 but not as good as the older one. It is still lighter to my taste and is not as communicative as I would have expected. Overall, I can live with the steering of the new jazz for sure.

Coming to the clutch and gear shift quality, the new Jazz gears shifts are slicker IMO compared to the old one. Slots better and with more ease compared to the old Jazz. So that is a plus in favor of the new Jazz. Clutch is perfect for me. Not as light as a Maruti or heavy as a VW.

cheers.. shiv
In the new Jazz a lot of things have to be compromised for some things that the other cars in this league cannot give i.e Space.

I took the top most variant with Magic seats only for the space and utility the magic seats offers you. Compromised on some features like start stop button, projector headlamps, automatic rain sensing wipers etc which Maruti or Hyundai will provide at the same price or less though.

Jazz does not win a person with a first drive. Once you start driving it and get used to it it completely blows you over. Yes there will be some minor niggles and these will be a part of other cars also.

Also the claimed ARAI ( 18.2 Km/litre ) for JAZZ is very less on paper but i am sure as an owner i have extracted more from it than the claimed ones.

Other owners can confirm please?
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 18:38   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post

cheers.. shiv

I happened to take delivery of the Jazz (VX, Petrol) a few weeks back and took it to a 350 km round trip to Nashik from Bombay - wanted to get a good idea of the car's abilities on flat highways and ghats.

While the steering felt feather light on lower speeds, it firmed up nicely once I reached the range of 80 to 100 kmph (though not as firm as my Vento's would ). I definitely agree with your point on aggressive centre return.

While the clutch felt light, the gear shifts felt notchy - especially in shifting from first to second (probably because the car is only a week old?, or is that because of the aftermarket laminated flooring resulting in incomplete clutch movement, I wonder).

The ORVMs look fairly large and bulgy, but I felt them to be a disappointment - couldn't get a fair idea of the distance between my car and the one behind me on adjacent lanes.

Also, there is a slight rattling noise from the front left of the car which I fear would increase with time. Will be taking a trip down the workshop ASAP to get that checked. Anyone else faced this? Rattles in a brand new car quite is a setback, really.
Old 13th June 2016, 18:48   #1654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Dear Venkat,
Yes Orange is a very good color but need a lot of maintenance.
  • Do not park under Sun for long duration.
  • Please have an handy wax and spray with you so that its easy to apply whenever you wash the car.
  • Take a paint protection plan/ package from 3M in case you can spend for it. Worth the money.

PS: This was the color i booked first and then changed to white.
Thank you. The other logical option for me is also white but I already have white and hence if I pick up white I' am thinking about the carbon black painting on the roof. searching for such paint job on Jazz. Somehow the color options are limited and they dont give red which is available in Brio. Can any other comment on the paint protection part or how to increase the shine of it?
Old 13th June 2016, 19:50   #1655

My jazz had a bad sidewall puncture yesterday while on vacation in Mahabaleshwar (picture attached).

Is this repairable or will I have to go for a replacement?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20160613_191805.jpg  

Old 13th June 2016, 20:26   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
Also, there is a slight rattling noise from the front left of the car which I fear would increase with time. Will be taking a trip down the workshop ASAP to get that checked. Anyone else faced this? Rattles in a brand new car quite is a setback, really.
I too have a VX (Petrol). I too am facing this front left rattle issue. Most of the times I am the sole passenger in the car and hence unable to identify the root cause of this issue. But yesterday I asked my dad to take the car out for a small spin on a route I take daily while returning home from office. I was in the front passenger seat with the seatbelt strapped on. I also had the glove box open and all the cables were held in my hand. To my surprise there was no noise or rattle whatsoever. Tried hard to listen for any minor creak but couldn't find any. Now I am really wondering if the dashboard was the cause all along. It might be the seat belt or the front seat or even the music system cable.

However I have been facing this issue since the car was due for the third servicing. During the servicing I had brought this rattle issue to the service adviser's notice. The car was also taken for a test drive. The technician and even myself didn't hear this front left rattle then. However he said that he would look into it. When I picked up the car I was told that the dashboard was opened up and foam was inserted in certain areas to cut out the rattle. However this rattle was back within 2-3 weeks.

Btw, did you also get the reverse sensors installed in your car? Apparently in my car that was another source of rattle that was successfully identified and rectified. There seems to be a box like device that is installed inside the rear bumper. This is held in place using a bracket. In my case that had come loose and this box was vibrating under the bumper whenever the car used to go over a bump.

I will probe this front rattle issue from my end. But if it's indeed the front seat or seat belt or the glove box cables then I will learn to live with it. It's too much of a bother to bring these things to the workshop's notice and then then spend time in test drives and what not.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 13th June 2016 at 20:31.
Old 13th June 2016, 20:48   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
I too have a VX (Petrol). I too am facing this front left rattle issue. I was in the front passenger seat with the seatbelt strapped on. I also had the glove box open and all the cables were held in my hand. To my surprise there was no noise or rattle whatsoever.
This might be specific to VX models where the wires hang inside the glove box. In our SV, where there are no such wires or cables inside the glove box, there is no rattle as yet, touchwood. Only once there was, when I had kept my spectacle holder box inside the glove box. No rattles after taking it out.

SV and V owners please share your experiences on any rattles in the left dashboard area.
Old 13th June 2016, 21:59   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
This might be specific to VX models where the wires hang inside the glove box.
Just reached home. I kept my rather heavy backpack on the front passenger seat tonight. Seatbelt was in its usual position ie hanging by the side. All cables were inside the glove box and its lid was shut. Surprisingly no rattle heard. No other funny noise heard as well. Inclined to think that the front passenger seat might be the cause of this rattle or whatever it is.
Old 14th June 2016, 07:55   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhal.kul View Post
My jazz had a bad sidewall puncture yesterday while on vacation in Mahabaleshwar (picture attached).

That will surely need a replacement. How did it happen?
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 09:51   #1660

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Not sure. It was raining a lot and my windows were closed. The roads in Mahabaleshwar were very narrow and a lot of getting off road was needed which might have caused this. This happened to the front left tyre.

Any suggestions for the replacement?. I'm thinking of getting Michelin XM2 in stock size.
Old 14th June 2016, 10:29   #1661
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Must have struck something sharp with force. Even the wheel alignment might be affected. Question for OP, did you increase the tyre pressure for highway run? For example in the City, above a certain speed and load, recommended pressure is 35 instead of 32 in the front.

Last edited by mxh : 14th June 2016 at 10:31.
Old 14th June 2016, 11:03   #1662
BHPian

Quote:

Really sorry for that. This is definitely repairable. I did repair one of my tyres for my earlier car for a similar situation. Costed me around 600 rupees. The vulcanizing shop will do it for you.

But please note that they will add some rubber material on the inside and there will be a bulge on the tyre both from inside and outside(will be very less prominent).

I used it as a spare wheel.

The guy who repaired suggested that
  1. I cannot use this tyre on the front wheels
  2. It can be used in the rear wheel.
  3. Highway usage to be avoided.
Old 14th June 2016, 15:57   #1663
BHPian

Quote:

That tire is gone, people can probably patch it for you but don't even consider that as it is a safety hazard. Just get a new tire, it is not worth the risk.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 16:02   #1664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Really sorry for that. This is definitely repairable. I did repair one of my tyres for my earlier car for a similar situation. Costed me around 600 rupees. The vulcanizing shop will do it for you.

But please note that they will add some rubber material on the inside and there will be a bulge on the tyre both from inside and outside(will be very less prominent).

I used it as a spare wheel.

The guy who repaired suggested that
  1. I cannot use this tyre on the front wheels
  2. It can be used in the rear wheel.
  3. Highway usage to be avoided.
I would prefer changing the tyre rather than risking running a patched up tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
That tire is gone, people can probably patch it for you but don't even consider that as it is a safety hazard. Just get a new tire, it is not worth the risk.
I agree with you, I got the tyre checked at Darshan tyres nagar road, Pune and the repair guy said that he can patch the tyre, but it will have to be used with a tube.

I decided to go for a replacement instead and will be doing it today/tomorrow.
Old 14th June 2016, 17:12   #1665
BHPian

Whats the tank capacity of the new Jazz and the old Jazz? And the fill Fuel Sign indicator on the old Jazz? The service engineer wasnt sure either and he said something like yellow light at around 10L and there will be a red light during almost empty. Havent personally got the red light so far but yellow plenty of times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks