Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 10:44   #1696

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

My car insurance is up for renewal in 4th week of July and Honda has sent me the following quotes:
Honda Jazz : Official Review-ins_addon.png
Honda Jazz : Official Review-ins_addon_eng.png
Honda Jazz : Official Review-ins_comp.png

They are offering 3 types of policies:
1. Insurance with zero depreciation waiver
2. Insurance with zero depreciation waiver, Engine and Gear Box Protection Cover, Loss of Key cover, Return to invoice value
3. Insurance with comprehensive cover

As per them, comprehensive cover offers 70% insurance for bumper, 50% for fibre and rubber parts whereas in zero depreciation everything is covered 100%.
Below is the comparison they shared:
Honda Jazz : Official Review-ins_diff_explaination.png

What are your thoughts on the quotes?
Old 28th June 2016, 13:45   #1697
BHPian

Dear Friends,
Update from my side..

My car has completed ~2000 kms and overall i am very happy with the car.

The positives:
  1. The pickup has increased. Not sure that if it is due to Shell V-power or the engine has opened up after the run in period.
  2. City efficiency is around 12 km / litre and highway get around 18 km / litre. both these figures are with 100 % AC. satisfied.
  3. The refinement has gone one level up and have cranked the engine in signals considering that it is off. Again not sure if it is due to V-power engine.
  4. Really loved the grunt of the engine at speeds over 130 km / hr. Feels like a sports car.
  5. Added a silicon cover for the key . Damage to Wallet was 220 bucks including shipping. Courtesy : Amazon india. adds the looks to the keys as well.
    Honda Jazz : Official Review-image1.jpg
    Honda Jazz : Official Review-image2.jpg
The Negatives:
  1. There is a slight rattle coming from the rear end of the car. Not audible unless you drop down your music volume and listen.
  2. Wipers are making a rumbling sound during the operation. Upgrade to a good wipers set will help. Can any one suggest me a good one?

Overall very happy and i really enjoy the ride.
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 09:54   #1698
BHPian

I had a chance to drive one of my colleague's Jazz who drove down from Chennai for a business trip. The car clocked more than 7000 Kms and I thought this is the perfect chance to take her out for a spin to see how she behaves after settling down.

Here are my observations on a quick 20 km drive on NICE road.
1. The suspension is far more settled than the one I drove in the showroom few weeks back.

2. The Car has been upgraded to Apollo Alnacs on 195 spec and that made it feel so much composed and sure footed. Even at 120 KMPH, there was minimal road noise and almost no body roll. Great !!

3. The A/C is a downer. Banaglore is relatively cooler now and new figo will chill to the bones at level 2. Sadly Jazz is not even nearer. Level 2 is comfortable and 1 wont even make it's presence felt. I think they used the same compressor from Brio which was very weak.

4. As you increase the speeds, the RPM climpbs up and the IVTEC gets alive. No 1.2 can match it's meaty mid to high rev range. Wish Honda could have worked on less than adequate low rev range. It's a pain in the City :(

5. The ICE is more tha adeuqate who are not audioholics, although I felt i20 is slightly better. Nothing to complain though when the difference is hardly noticable.

6. Last but not the least, the interior space will put cars from a segment above to shame. Scope of improvement in quality cannot be ruled out. There is oodles of space everywhere and full marks to Honda in this department.

I really liked the Car a lot than last time, but would I buy it ? Probably no. I still feel it is pricier than what it offers.
Bring the Petrol down by 20k and diesel by atleast 40K and It would take Baleno and i20 head on.

cheers
Shiv

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 29th June 2016 at 09:58. Reason: typo
Shiv_1984 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 10:50   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
I really liked the Car a lot than last time, but would I buy it ? Probably no. I still feel it is pricier than what it offers.
Bring the Petrol down by 20k and diesel by atleast 40K and It would take Baleno and i20 head on.

cheers
Shiv
Shiv, in Hyderabad at least, they are offering discounts worth Rs 25k and 40k on petrol & diesel models. Its either insurance +accessories, or cash discount. Check out with dealers in Bangalore once.
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 17:52   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
I had a chance to drive one of my colleague's Jazz who drove down from Chennai for a business trip. The car clocked more than 7000 Kms and I thought this is the perfect chance to take her out for a spin to see how she behaves after settling down.

Here are my observations on a quick 20 km drive on NICE road.
1. The suspension is far more settled than the one I drove in the showroom few weeks back.

2. The Car has been upgraded to Apollo Alnacs on 195 spec and that made it feel so much composed and sure footed. Even at 120 KMPH, there was minimal road noise and almost no body roll. Great !!

3. The A/C is a downer. Banaglore is relatively cooler now and new figo will chill to the bones at level 2. Sadly Jazz is not even nearer. Level 2 is comfortable and 1 wont even make it's presence felt. I think they used the same compressor from Brio which was very weak.

4. As you increase the speeds, the RPM climpbs up and the IVTEC gets alive. No 1.2 can match it's meaty mid to high rev range. Wish Honda could have worked on less than adequate low rev range. It's a pain in the City :(

5. The ICE is more tha adeuqate who are not audioholics, although I felt i20 is slightly better. Nothing to complain though when the difference is hardly noticable.

6. Last but not the least, the interior space will put cars from a segment above to shame. Scope of improvement in quality cannot be ruled out. There is oodles of space everywhere and full marks to Honda in this department.

cheers
Shiv
Hello Shiva,

As i mentioned earlier, the more you drive this vehicle, you will like it. The FE that you can extract when driving with a light foot is really the biggest plus point. Also the mid range and top range note of the engine is awsome.
Old 29th June 2016, 20:11   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Shiv, in Hyderabad at least, they are offering discounts worth Rs 25k and 40k on petrol & diesel models. Its either insurance +accessories, or cash discount. Check out with dealers in Bangalore once.

Petrol discount of 25K is limited to top end manual VX variant
Diesel offers are around 40K (all variants)

as per to Honda website
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 14:40   #1702
Distinguished - BHPian

Friends,

I am posting on behalf of a friend who owns a Jazz VX (petrol). This is regarding the OEM ICE provided with the car. My friend tends to shut off the engine at traffic signals but continues to hear music using BT streaming from his phone. Every time he cranks the engine, the ICE system reboots completely. This is time consuming (welcome screen, navigation, then BT) and hence, very irritating.
Is this normal? Shouldn't the ICE continue to run without any disruption at all or may be a 1 sec blip to accommodate the cranking of engine? If this is a problem, is there a work around (some wiring change of the ICE)?

PS: Another friend owns a Jazz SV and he didn't find this problem in the lower model ICE. Hence his quest for a solution.

TIA.
regards,
Ashis

Last edited by ashis89 : 1st July 2016 at 14:41. Reason: Spell check
Old 2nd July 2016, 01:05   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
My friend tends to shut off the engine at traffic signals but continues to hear music using BT streaming from his phone.
I dunno which phone your friend is using but most audio players on Android have an option to pause and resume BT streaming the moment the wireless BT connection is lost, in this case, turning off the car along with the HU. The player via the phone's active BT will automatically keep scanning for an active known device until it finds it and resumes playing once it finds an authorized one, in this case a full rebooted HU in your friend's Jazz. I use Poweramp and it does the pause/resume thingy quite well.

The OS on the lower variants' HU is different, they boot up in a second and resume all functionalities instantly unlike the one on the VX. Either your friend needs to downgrade a simpler HUs or he needs to be patient with the player to reboot or he needs to keep the engine running at signals.
Old 4th July 2016, 02:22   #1704
BHPian

I am looking to put seat covers for my VX model. Factory fitted seat covers are art leather, which will heat up quickly on a bright sunny day. Is it better to keep the existing fabric seat with an occasional shampoo wash to keep it clean or is it recommended to go for the factory fitted seat cover from Honda?
Old 4th July 2016, 03:36   #1705
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
I am looking to put seat covers for my VX model. Factory fitted seat covers are art leather, which will heat up quickly on a bright sunny day. Is it better to keep the existing fabric seat with an occasional shampoo wash to keep it clean or is it recommended to go for the factory fitted seat cover from Honda?
I went with a mixture of leather and fabric for my Jazz you can check my post for the picture
SKB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 12:02   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Comfort wise the fabric seats are any day better than the art leather ones. The only downside is the maintanance. If you can keep it clean with a shampoo wash once in a few months, then I would suggest not bothering to change the factory fitted fabric cover.

In fact I tried to see if I can get the same design/finish in "VX" for my 'V' model but it was not available as an option and had to settle for an art leater cover that I got done outside.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 12:18   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Comfort wise the fabric seats are any day better than the art leather ones. The only downside is the maintanance. If you can keep it clean with a shampoo wash once in a few months, then I would suggest not bothering to change the factory fitted fabric cover.

In fact I tried to see if I can get the same design/finish in "VX" for my 'V' model but it was not available as an option and had to settle for an art leater cover that I got done outside.
I got fabric covers for my Tata Zest, very happy with the choice. Feels good on the skin for long drives, stays cool in summer. Get them washed at 3M once in a quarter or so, or if they get too dirty, no issues.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 14:23   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I got fabric covers for my Tata Zest, very happy with the choice. Feels good on the skin for long drives, stays cool in summer. Get them washed at 3M once in a quarter or so, or if they get too dirty, no issues.
Thanks. What was the cost incurred for a fabric seat cover?
Old 4th July 2016, 14:24   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. What was the cost incurred for a fabric seat cover?
My set cost around 9.5K, bought at Vicky Motors, Andheri East, Mumbai
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 14:25   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post

Thanks. Is'nt it better to get it done from Honda? With magic seats, I felt getting a factory fitted seat cover would better and as it will be like a tight jacket, than getting it outside. Let me know, if you think otherwise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks