Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2016, 15:00   #1771
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Open the driver side door, check at the floor just below the seat where you do height adjustments, there is a cut out in floor fabric, you will see VIN engrossed.

Open the front passenger side door, check the bottom of B-pillar for the black plate with VIN details.

Last edited by varunswnt : 17th August 2016 at 15:01.
varunswnt is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 15:33   #1772
BHPian

Hello Folks

My Jazz's tyres are due for a change, they've run 42K.
The originals are Michelin 175/65 R15.

Now, I want to go for 195/65 R15, and thinking about Yokohama V550 AVS DB.

Anyone used these, and what's the feedback?

cheers
lazy
Old 17th August 2016, 16:25   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Hello Folks

cheers
lazy
Difference in the width is not negligible; 195 - 175 = 20 mm. Suggest you to check with the dealer if 195 tyre can be mounted on your existing rims and if this would result into any compromise with the tyre life / safety.
Old 17th August 2016, 16:45   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Hello Folks

cheers
lazy
Please check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-thread-4.html

I think 195/60 R15 is fine
Old 21st August 2016, 17:00   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I sold off my all new Honda Jazz last week and the above observation is the best I can share after using them for 4+ months.
Really sorry to hear that k.sumit. But somehow I am not surprised. I guess this was the result of your frustration in not being able to get the various niggles in your car resolved.

Anyways, I have noticed some condensation in both the headlights of my car. Attached are the pictures that were taken a few weeks back when the Mumbai monsoon was at its peak.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-wp_20160731_011.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-wp_20160731_012.jpg

Have seen this in a couple of other cars too (a BMW and a Merc besides numerous Hyundais). Is this normal? Somehow I don't recall a similar issue in my old WagonR or my dad's Etios.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 21st August 2016 at 17:04.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 17:12   #1776
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Anyways, I have noticed some condensation in both the headlights of my car. Attached are the pictures that were taken a few weeks back when the Mumbai monsoon was at its peak.
It ain't normal buddy.

Can you check the rubber seals located on each of the bulb holder base that insulates and prevents dust/moisture entry into the reflector unit (Picture attached as an example).

Honda Jazz : Official Review-2.-indicator.jpg

May be one of it is gone letting-in moisture.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 21:59   #1777
BHPian

Hello guys,

Myself and brother had gone today to Whitefield Honda to book Jazz V-CVT Petrol.
Initially we opted for White and Red pearl, for which the SA said a waiting period for 5 weeks. He said Golden brown, Silver and Urban Titanium are in transit and can be delivered before September 10th.Slated to arrive in Bangalore by 27th-Sep.
Finally we opted for Golden Brown metallic.
Enclosed herewith the price list & accessories price list.
The deal what we managed to struck was;
OTR as per price list excluding Honda connect (7,999) & Road side assistance (4,690) -
Discount - 10,000
Final OTR price - 1,001,589.

Freebies-Accessories worth-10,000.(Corner mouldings + side mouldings + KIT step illumination)

He didn't opted for outside insurance, as he don't want to go behind the niggles and trouble later, if any. Could have saved few bucks :-(

We demanded for stockyard visit for PDI, SA rejected it first, later as I said we will walk out if that's not agreed and finally he agreed.

Was that an "OK" deal?? Is there anything I could have bargained more except for insurance?

Anyone please share the link/file to de-code the VIN for Jazz.
redbaron91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 23:37   #1778
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1544333

Attachment 1544334

Have seen this in a couple of other cars too (a BMW and a Merc besides numerous Hyundais). Is this normal? Somehow I don't recall a similar issue in my old WagonR or my dad's Etios.

My jazz headlights have the same issue in mumbai it appeared when there was persistent rainfall 2 weeks back and disappeared on its own. Manufacturing defect?
tazmaan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 23:42   #1779
Team-BHP Support

Guys, condensation inside the headlamp lens isn't normal but not unusual. It can happen if the bulb holders aren't perfectly seated in their respective slots thereby resulting in an improper seal, as Anurag has pointed out. Try removing them and reseating them.

The headlamps also have ventilation holes with rubber elbows. If they are blocked, condensation can appear. Since the cars are relatively new, I don't expect them to be blocked but do check those as well.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:00   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Really sorry to hear that k.sumit. But somehow I am not surprised. I guess this was the result of your frustration in not being able to get the various niggles in your car resolved.

Attachment 1544333

Attachment 1544334

Dear all,
The same happens in my car also. Please find the attached images.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1081.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1082.jpg

The service adviser told that this is completely normal in all the vehicles. My earlier car i10 did not have such issues.Honda has lot of such niggles. Hope they are listening.
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:20   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
My jazz headlights have the same issue in mumbai it appeared when there was persistent rainfall 2 weeks back and disappeared on its own. Manufacturing defect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Dear all,
The same happens in my car also. Please find the attached images.

The service adviser told that this is completely normal in all the vehicles. My earlier car i10 did not have such issues.Honda has lot of such niggles. Hope they are listening.
Same is the case with me, I had noticed them on couple of occasions, especially during night time when the headlight assembly is hot and the outer temperature is lower. Even I had raised this issue with SA and pat was the reply that its normal. No matter how much our experience of owning vehicles be, SA always thinks we are dumb people.

Everytime such small niggles come to my notice, famous line by Sales Executive rings in my mind, HONDA IS HONDA, SIR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Was that an "OK" deal?? Is there anything I could have bargained more except for insurance?

Anyone please share the link/file to de-code the VIN for Jazz.

You can get Reverse parking sensors which are really helpful, I would prefer them over KIT step illumination.

Honda VIN decode URL -
https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...anufacture-vin

VIN for JAZZ could be found at

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Open the driver side door, check at the floor just below the seat where you do height adjustments, there is a cut out in floor fabric, you will see VIN engrossed.

Open the front passenger side door, check the bottom of B-pillar for the black plate with VIN details.

Last edited by Zappo : 22nd August 2016 at 18:52. Reason: Please use the edit button if you missed out on quoting someone. Back to back posts merged.
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:52   #1782
BHPian

Have booked a Jazz V - CVT (Pearl White) expected to be delivered on the first week of Sept.

Sharing how I landed up on the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
May be yes ! The background is we actually have 2 cars to be replaced a pretty old Santro and a 5 year old Swift VDi. The replacement has to be a petrol hatchback ideally with an AT. We are looking at selling the Santro for now.

We had a minimum budget earlier to be within max 7-8 lakhs but none of the cars in the range weren't that great, according to me.

Suzuki Baleno : We are not Suzuki fans, all the Suzukis are out of the list and still was curious to learn about the CVT in the Baleno. Since we own a Swift, the interior always felt it to be same for both the cars. The steering was a tad too heavy. Except for the CVT transmission. The 890 Kg car read every pot hole, an scratch on the tarmac. And as always nothing on the top end automatic. 8.5 Lakhs was a bit too much to ask. And of course the build quality, it is on par with the Celerio I drive back home.

Nissan Micra We did not test drive as my brother was not a great Micra fan. According to him the Micra we have is too old. In Cochin, a few of my friends who own Nissan and Renault has told us about their disappointing after sales experiences.

Grand i10 Probably the finest in terms of features and value for money when it comes to something within our old budget. Though the AT is not at all exciting. Still things like Key less entry, and truck loads of functionalities made it hotter.

It obviously does not have the looks to everyone's liking, unlike the old i10. We actually went there to test drive the i10 AT, apparently it was no longer on sale.

Tata Tiago How we wish it had an AMT/AT. If it had we would have booked it. The manual 3 cylinder is great but, were a quite disappointed with the jerks in low rpms, especially when the vehicle starts rolling. And of course RF motors in Cochin probably had the most economic/basic showroom and poorest Sales staff. Most of them didn't know anything much about the car. And they have only one car for 4 Districts here. No AT, so out of the list.

Ford Figo I own an Ecosport TDCI Titanium. The interior looked very familiar, except for the fact that they did not have test drive vehicles for us. My Service Advisor told me about the DCT on Ecoboost which is selling well; But he did not have much a great opinion on the Figo DCT Petrol. I have also gone through the niggles page on FORD DCT on Tbhp. I shall surely get a test drive someday on the same though. Added to this, it is again in the range of 8.5 Lakhs, on par with Baleno.

Honda Jazz Practically the largest of the cars we have tried. Honda has 3 dealers in Cochin, and with the largest in South India - Perfect Honda opening next to my office. All of us liked the way it looked, the space, and of course the maintenance side of the car. But added to it, Honda's CVT is the only AT we all liked. I do not know how to explain the same, it does have a lot of +s and -s; as in the features in comparison to the V and VX trim.

In comparison to the rest in the budget :
+ Roomiest of all
+ Finest suspension and comfort
+ Easiest to drive, attributed to the CVT and the Steering. Paddle Shift !
+ Best Sales team, and Perfect Honda will have the largest service centre in S India.

- Of course the price, it is close to 1.5 Lakhs more than our budget
- Features like push button start, reverse parking sensors etc are missing on this 9.5 lakh car.
- You probably will have to pay for everything from the mud flap to the floor mat.
- The seats on the second row of the V is not as great in terms of comfort as that of the VX. It falls far behind that of the Tata Bolt. Though it can still seat 3 pretty easily.

Coming to VW Polo

I had explored the GT TDI before buying my EcoSport, though they were in 2 different categories. In the case against Jazz, we did not consider the GT TSI, simply because it was around 12+ Lakhs on the road. i.e 4L+ from our budget. There are a lot of things that are great about the Polo. I am sure that nothing may beat the way it drives, its solid build, stunning suspension, GT drives like a sports car than a normal Hatchback.

- So we have a relative who owns a Jetta and another one who owns Polo. They were not at all happy with the cost of maintenance.
- Second row is a choke, thanks to the hump in the middle, it is only for 2.
- Price of course, we are planning for an XUV5OO AWD in near future, so we have to try our best to minimal the cost of the hatchback we are buying.

* I know for sure that the way I look at these cars may be totally different from that of the way many look at, but I think in most of the cases its with our personal choices and mindset. No offence meant to anyone here.
As we all know, there a lot of stuff still missing in this 9 lakh car, but I could read a lot about accessories on offer. I had checked with the dealer here in Cochin. Yet to get a solid price list from them.

Could you please help me find the best accessories in the aftermarket/aliexpress. I am keen on :

1. Center Armrest
2. Mud Flaps
3. Floor Mats (Something with HONDA written on it?)
4. Reverse Parking Sensor.

Hope to hear from you all soon
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:06   #1783
BHPian

Quote:

Could you please help me find the best accessories in the aftermarket/aliexpress. I am keen on :

1. Center Armrest
2. Mud Flaps

Hi, You should be able to get 2 & 3 as FOC from Perfect Honda. You can even have a word with Peninsular Honda once you get the final price list. I believe variants from SV gets a reverse camera. If you are interested in sensors i guess that can also be availed as FOC.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:16   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
Hi, You should be able to get 2 & 3 as FOC from Perfect Honda. You can even have a word with Peninsular Honda once you get the final price list. I believe variants from SV gets a reverse camera. If you are interested in sensors i guess that can also be availed as FOC.
I have booked this at Perfect Honda. As you said, I am trying my best to get them free of cost.

2. I saw the price of Mud Flaps at around 1650 for 4 of them.
3. Floor mats that I saw at the Showroom comes with the rug type finish and looks like cleaning them would be a tough job. I am more keen on the 3D type mats which are available outside. The SA told me Honda does have something similar on offer. Wanted to learn more on the pricing of the same.
4. Yes V has a reverse camera, but I think a sensor is more practical here. Since thy have yet not received the pricing for the same.

I would also need some idea on the pricing of these stuff.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:39   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Have booked a Jazz V - CVT (Pearl White) expected to be delivered on the first week of Sept.

Sharing how I landed up on the same.

As we all know, there a lot of stuff still missing in this 9 lakh car, but I could read a lot about accessories on offer. I had checked with the dealer here in Cochin. Yet to get a solid price list from them.

1. Center Armrest
2. Mud Flaps

Hi, Congrats on your booking! The Jazz V CVT drives smooth as butter and is great for urban commute. Wishing you many happy miles with the new ride.

On the accessory part as arunmichael said, you should be able to get Mud flaps and Floor mats (Yes! with Honda written on it) free of charge. I got them by default without any negotiations. If you negotiate, they can probably throw in the reverse parking sensor as well. No harm in trying.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed