Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:42   #1786
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Hi, Congrats on your booking! The Jazz V CVT drives smooth as butter and is great for urban commute. Wishing you many happy miles with the new ride.

On the accessory part as arunmichael said, you should be able to get Mud flaps and Floor mats (Yes! with Honda written on it) free of charge. I got them by default without any negotiations. If you negotiate, they can probably throw in the reverse parking sensor as well. No harm in trying.
Thanks Praveen.

On the reverse parking sensor, you are talking about getting this mounted on the Rear View Mirror right ?

Wherever I have seen this fix, does not look good. Especially on the Suzukis. I have not seen the one on Hondas. How much should this be ?
Old 23rd August 2016, 15:01   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
1. Center Armrest
2. Mud Flaps
3. Floor Mats (Something with HONDA written on it?)
4. Reverse Parking Sensor.
Jazz VX model comes with factory fitted Mudflaps. Since you are taking V CVT variant, you will have to get it as accessory. You should be able to get 2,3 and 4 very easily from dealer on little bargaining. Center armrest comes to around 16k as per Honda price list, which I feel is quite expensive, and I don't think you will be able to get it from dealer free of cost. I would suggest to get seat covers from dealer on hard bargaining. Jazz is not hot seller in market and you should be able to get them from dealer with little effort.

During my purchase of Jazz VX, I got floor mats and reverse parking sensors free of cost, but there weren't any discounts running on Jazz. I think since last month Honda has started some discounts on Jazz models, please check that as well.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 15:21   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Have booked a Jazz V - CVT (Pearl White) expected to be delivered on the first week of Sept.
Could you please help me find the best accessories in the aftermarket/aliexpress. I am keen on :

1. Center Armrest
2. Mud Flaps
Dear peterjim13,

Sorry for the late response. Maybe you have already decided. My comments:
1. Center armrest - I bought from Honda Dealer for majestic 16,500 Rs. Very good quality. I had checked outside and did not like what I saw.
2. Mud flaps - others have commented very clearly. I got for 1800 from Honda Dealer.
3. Floor mats - I got free from the dealer - without asking for it.
4. Reverse parking sensors - I had preferred to install outside. I went to an accessories dealer. He realized that the standard units would point upwards - due to the profile of the car. I went to Honda Dealer - their unit had the sensors at the right angle. It cost me 4,000 Rs - but are really good.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:43   #1789
BHPian

Quote:

Could you please help me find the best accessories in the aftermarket/aliexpress. I am keen on :

1. Center Armrest
2. Mud Flaps

Hope to hear from you all soon
1. Good options on Aliexpress.
2. Got aftermarket for 450/-. Wasn't interested in spending 4 times that for something as simple as a mudflap.
3. Got these from Dealer as a part of the package.
4. Get this from your dealer. Modifying electrical system can breach warranty if done aftermarket.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:01   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
You should be able to get 2,3 and 4 very easily from dealer on little bargaining.
So that's the next thing to be done here. Let me see how I can get this done here. The dealer is pretty new in Cochin, though they have been in Trivandrum for quite some time. None of the SA's here are with prior Honda experience (whoever I have met)

Quote:
Center armrest comes to around 16k as per Honda price list, which I feel is quite expensive, and I don't think you will be able to get it from dealer free of cost.
That's quite too much to ask for. I will have to turn to aliexpress here.

Quote:
I would suggest to get seat covers from dealer on hard bargaining. Jazz is not hot seller in market and you should be able to get them from dealer with little effort.
Are you talking about Leather seats or the Black seats like in your VX. Seats compared to VX is a tad below par. Especially on the second row.

Quote:
During my purchase of Jazz VX, I got floor mats and reverse parking sensors free of cost, but there weren't any discounts running on Jazz. I think since last month Honda has started some discounts on Jazz models, please check that as well.
That sounds like a steal. But shall surely check on these things. Thanks so much for your time for the post. Much appreciated.

QQ : Any other accessory you would suggest ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
1. Center armrest - I bought from Honda Dealer for majestic 16,500 Rs. Very good quality. I had checked outside and did not like what I saw.
2. Mud flaps - others have commented very clearly. I got for 1800 from Honda Dealer.
3. Floor mats - I got free from the dealer - without asking for it.
4. Reverse parking sensors - I had preferred to install outside. I went to an accessories dealer. He realized that the standard units would point upwards - due to the profile of the car. I went to Honda Dealer - their unit had the sensors at the right angle. It cost me 4,000 Rs - but are really good.
Dear Girish Mahajan,

Center Armrest - I may not have that a big budget for the armrest. If the aftermarkets arent that good. I may have to live without one.

Reverse Parking sensors for 4000 is not that bad. So have you got a new rear view mirror for the same.

Thanks so much for your time. The delivery should probably be around Sept week 1, so i still have time to hunt for accessories

Kind Regards
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
That seems to be the only option left. Anyone with a Jazz who has already done this part. Would love to see the pics and experience. Jazz badly needs an armrest, especially with its AT.

Quote:
2. Got aftermarket for 450/-. Wasn't interested in spending 4 times that for something as simple as a mudflap.
3. Got these from Dealer as a part of the package.
4. Get this from your dealer. Modifying electrical system can breach warranty if done aftermarket.
Thanks so much. That seems to be the way here.

Duly noted on the warranty side with electrical fittings.

Thanks so much.
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:16   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Is the one at http://www.aliexpress.com/item/BIGGE...08.0.56.Qwh230 worth ordering? Is there a better option at this price range?
ece2k2 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:23   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Is the one at http://www.aliexpress.com/item/BIGGE...08.0.56.Qwh230 worth ordering? Is there a better option at this price range?
That looks like a good deal for $55, + there is a discount code for $10, and shipping is free. Out of 6 reviews 4 are by customers from India, and all of them rated it 5*.

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd August 2016 at 17:26.
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:36   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Girish Mahajan,

Center Armrest - I may not have that a big budget for the armrest. If the aftermarkets arent that good. I may have to live without one.

Reverse Parking sensors for 4000 is not that bad. So have you got a new rear view mirror for the same.

Thanks so much for your time. The delivery should probably be around Sept week 1, so i still have time to hunt for accessories

Kind Regards
Jim
Dear Jim,

I need to take a photo of the Revers parking sensor display. It is highly simplistic! I did not want a unit attached to the rear view mirror. I have a similar unit on my WagonR and I am not able to 'see' the rear view and 'watch' the reverse sensor display!

I will try to remember to take a photo and share here.

Note: the reverse sensor system in my WagonR is after market. There is a small bug in it - if there is nothing behind it says "0.5 m". I guess the unit is not able to sense 'nothing'.

In my Jazz, on the other hand, it senses quite well. I find that the distance from the camera, the distance from the sensor and the actual distance match up quite well.

Other than underbody treatment kind of work, you can do the accessory fitting any time later. So, you should not hurry to decide. Just my 2 bits!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:44   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Jim,
I need to take a photo of the Revers parking sensor display. It is highly simplistic! I did not want a unit attached to the rear view mirror.
That will be of great help sir. Much appreciated.

The SA mentioned about an Unit which will be on the rear view mirror which I am not interested in. Simply because, the car has a rear camera display on the dash. I would rather look at one place for both.

Quote:
I have a similar unit on my WagonR and I am not able to 'see' the rear view and 'watch' the reverse sensor display!

Note: the reverse sensor system in my WagonR is after market. There is a small bug in it - if there is nothing behind it says "0.5 m". I guess the unit is not able to sense 'nothing'.
I know this Rear View Mirror sensor unit. Have the same on my dads Celerio. It is loud, annoying and rattles while on the go as Maruti has placed it on top of the existing rear view mirror. Same unit on my brother-in-laws Swift too. Terrible they are.

Quote:
In my Jazz, on the other hand, it senses quite well. I find that the distance from the camera, the distance from the sensor and the actual distance match up quite well.

Other than underbody treatment kind of work, you can do the accessory fitting any time later. So, you should not hurry to decide. Just my 2 bits!
Girish Mahajan
Duly noted. Thanks so much again for your inputs.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:46   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
That looks like a good deal for $55, + there is a discount code for $10, and shipping is free. Out of 6 reviews 4 are by customers from India, and all of them rated it 5*.
I just ordered the armrest for $52 (after applying a $3 coupon as $10 coupon is applicable only when we order for $200+). I hope it fits the Jazz that is getting delivered tomorrow.
ece2k2 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 18:17   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Are you talking about Leather seats or the Black seats like in your VX. Seats compared to VX is a tad below par. Especially on the second row.
I am talking about Leatherette seat covers, black on VX are not available as accessory.

As mentioned by ashishk29, its always better to get electrical equipments fitted from dealer during warranty period.

Reverse parking sensor fitted to my car is below one, mine is in silver colour. It was quoted as official Honda accessory costing 8k. In my opinion, brands for reverse parking sensors differ from dealer to dealer and there is no official Honda accessory for it. Mine is fitted on driver side at the bottom of windshield where A pillar ends.

http://www.amazon.in/DHC-Reverse-Par...1956120&sr=1-8

Hope this helps.

Quote:
I just ordered the armrest for $52 (after applying a $3 coupon as $10 coupon is applicable only when we order for $200+). I hope it fits the Jazz that is getting delivered tomorrow.
Please do post your review along with pictures, I am eagerly waiting to look at the real life pictures and then take a jump.

Last edited by varunswnt : 23rd August 2016 at 18:21.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 23:16   #1797
BHPian

Seems something went wrong in my early comment. Getting message about being quoted, but nothing appears. So posting it again. Moderators please do the needful.

Myself and brother had gone today to Whitefield Honda to book Jazz V-CVT Petrol.
Initially we opted for White and Red pearl, for which the SA said a waiting period for 5 weeks. He said Golden brown, Silver and Urban Titanium are in transit and can be delivered before September 10th.Slated to arrive in Bangalore by 27th-Sep.
Finally we opted for Golden Brown metallic.
Enclosed herewith the price list & accessories price list.
The deal what we managed to struck was;
OTR as per price list excluding Honda connect (7,999) & Road side assistance (4,690) -
Discount - 10,000
Final OTR price - 1,001,589.

Freebies-Accessories worth-10,000.(Corner mouldings + side mouldings + KIT step illumination)

He didn't opted for outside insurance, as he don't want to go behind the niggles and trouble later, if any. Could have saved few bucks :-(

We demanded for stockyard visit for PDI, SA rejected it first, later as I said we will walk out if that's not agreed and finally he agreed.

Was that an "OK" deal?? Is there anything I could have bargained more except for insurance?

Anyone please share the link/file to de-code the VIN for Jazz.[/quote]
Old 24th August 2016, 03:14   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Really sorry to hear that k.sumit. But somehow I am not surprised. I guess this was the result of your frustration in not being able to get the various niggles in your car resolved.

Anyways, I have noticed some condensation in both the headlights of my car. Attached are the pictures that were taken a few weeks back when the Mumbai monsoon was at its peak.

Have seen this in a couple of other cars too (a BMW and a Merc besides numerous Hyundais). Is this normal? Somehow I don't recall a similar issue in my old WagonR or my dad's Etios.

I understand why aren't you surprised with my decision because you've seen my rant/frustration in the past regarding this vehicle. The increase in gear box/stick vibration was the point where I totally lost it and decided to get rid of it.

Regarding those headlights, as other BHP'ians pointed out, its certainly a defect and not something NORMAL as claimed by the advisors. The first step here is to take the bulbs out, inspect their seals and put them back in to see if it disappears. I personally installed those Philips Ultinon LED bulbs and my Jazz saw some sever showers while it was with me but never had any issues with moisture building up. Heck, I even saw massive condensation on the test drive vehicle when I went to Ford to test drive the Ecosport. Its not something that is rare but is definitely a defect. Don't settle for this and have them replace the headlight assembly if you're not able to solve it.
k.sumit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 13:02   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
The beige will look really good on the beige interiors of Jazz V

Quote:
Congrats ! Looking forward for your review on the same. Pics too !
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 13:29   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
The beige will look really good on the beige interiors of Jazz V

Congrats ! Looking forward for your review on the same. Pics too !
Thank you. I will post a review soon. This car is going to be exclusively used by my dad though.
ece2k2 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed