Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2016, 14:21   #1801
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Slated to arrive in Bangalore by 27th-Sep.
Congrats to you and your brother on the new car !

Quote:
OTR as per price list excluding Honda connect (7,999) & Road side assistance (4,690) -
Discount - 10,000
Final OTR price - 1,001,589.
Wow, cash discount of 10,000 thats brilliant. Nothing was offered here in Cochin.
To note, the car is almost 60K cheaper here (OTR).

Quote:
Freebies-Accessories worth-10,000.
(Corner mouldings + side mouldings + KIT step illumination)
Do you have pics/links etc for these. Are these chrome accessories you talking about.
Illuminated Scuff plates - which color are they in ?

I am not expecting anything from the dealer here. But inputs like these would obviously help me in the bargain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Thank you. I will post a review soon. This car is going to be exclusively used by my dad though.
Sure, waiting for those pics. Convey my congrats to your dad
Old 24th August 2016, 16:49   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Congrats to you and your brother on the new car !

Wow, cash discount of 10,000 thats brilliant. Nothing was offered here in Cochin.
To note, the car is almost 60K cheaper here (OTR).

Thanks to higher road tax here. Charging 15.5% as road tax, and citizens are getting badly laid roads, potholes, and killer BMTCs.

Do you have pics/links etc for these. Are these chrome accessories you talking about.
Illuminated Scuff plates - which color are they in ?
Those are not chrome garnishes, but it's body colored moldings placed on corners of bumper and along the bottom of doors. Will post the pics once the vehicle is delivered.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th August 2016 at 17:29. Reason: Fixing quote tag
redbaron91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 17:39   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Those are not chrome garnishes, but it's body colored moldings placed on corners of bumper and along the bottom of doors. Will post the pics once the vehicle is delivered.
Sure, very anxious to know more about. The showroom from where I am buying was officially inaugurated this monday though it has been open for customers for over a month.
I am trying my best to collate information about accessories and its prices, simply as the V misses out on lots of stuff on road as you know.

BTW : When is the expected date of delivery ?

Do you have some links which can help me see them online ?
Old 24th August 2016, 19:18   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, very anxious to know more about. The showroom from where I am buying was officially inaugurated this monday though it has been open for customers for over a month.
I am trying my best to collate information about accessories and its prices, simply as the V misses out on lots of stuff on road as you know.

BTW : When is the expected date of delivery ?

Do you have some links which can help me see them online ?
Hope you will get benefited with a newly opened showroom by some offers.

What I recommend is, ask for discounts, freebies, and in the end go with insurance from outside. National insurance was quoting close to 18K (including discount) compared to 30K quoted by Honda showroom.
I'm sharing the accessories price list here FYR which I got from Whitefield Honda, Bangalore.

You can see the list of accessories in the below link;
https://www.hondacarindia.com/allnew...ccesories.html

Expected date of delivery is around 10th-Sep. Fingers crossed
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz-acc.jpg  

Last edited by redbaron91 : 24th August 2016 at 19:35. Reason: attaching picture
Old 25th August 2016, 12:14   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the link said what these mouldings are. Not very keen on them.

Quote:
Hope you will get benefited with a newly opened showroom by some offers.
Yes. fingers crossed here too !

Quote:
What I recommend is, ask for discounts, freebies, and in the end go with insurance from outside. National insurance was quoting close to 18K (including discount) compared to 30K quoted by Honda showroom.
That would probably be the way here. I have had experiences before. NI should be our option too.

Quote:
I'm sharing the accessories price list here FYR which I got from Whitefield Honda, Bangalore.

You can see the list of accessories in the below link;
https://www.hondacarindia.com/allnew...ccesories.html

Expected date of delivery is around 10th-Sep. Fingers crossed
Thanks so much for these. These are very helpful.

All the best !
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 21:18   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
My piece of advice:

The VX model comes with high quality fabric seats. Adding a seat cover will not give you the same fit and finish. This was the advice given to me by my sales person.

Live with the current seat covers and then once soiled you can go for the seat covers. Even in that case the existing fabric need to be removed and then new seat cover need to be added.
Thanks Vivek, I felt doing an occasional interior cleaning in 3M will also keep the interiors clean. Post cleaning smell in the car stays for atleast a week, that is the only negative in it.
Old 29th August 2016, 13:04   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
How do you comment on the headlamp performance of the Jazz. ?

I am yet to take a night drive on the car. None of my friends have the jazz for a trial.
Curious because I have been struggling with the poor reflector design of My Ecosport.
The cars I see on the road, does not give me a feel of a very effective headlamp.

Do you recommend on any upgrades to the same?

Which is the stock headlamp bulb? I remember reading Pheonix on one of the display cars.

Inputs would be highly appreciated. ! Thanks in advance
Old 29th August 2016, 13:53   #1808
BHPian

Quote:

I am yet to take a night drive on the car. None of my friends have the jazz for a trial.
Curious because I have been struggling with the poor reflector design of My Ecosport.
The cars I see on the road, does not give me a feel of a very effective headlamp.

Which is the stock headlamp bulb? I remember reading Pheonix on one of the display cars.

Not sure which they currently are, but so far I'm happy about the headlamps. I've had quite a lot of night drives by now, and I've had no issues. Be it highway or city.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 13:56   #1809
BHPian

Quote:

I didn't find any problem while I drove around the city, but not sure about the highway performance
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 14:09   #1810
BHPian

Quote:

I have stock setup and have extensively driven on city as well as highway during night. All I can say that, they are satisfactory and flash of high beam to oncoming traffic makes them switch to low beam though not everytime.

Night driving during rains is usual affair, i.e. visibility goes down and that is same with all types of lamps and cars, so have to be careful while during through rainy nights or damp roads. Night driving on dry roads is really good and the headlight adjuster works really well based on our needs though 0 setting has far throw with little less visibility compared to 1 setting. I prefer it to be set as 1. Fog lamps help in illuminating surface near to front bumper area nicely.

Honda Jazz stock setup -
https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...046-13430.html

Hope this helps.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 14:11   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure which they currently are, but so far I'm happy about the headlamps. I've had quite a lot of night drives by now, and I've had no issues. Be it highway or city.
Quote:
I didn't find any problem while I drove around the city, but not sure about the highway performance
Happy to know.

My challenge was, I have had problems with the bulbs in my ecosport. And on the Jazz, the light did not look like the most powerful of the lot on the oncoming traffic.

City however comes with double lamps. There would obviously be a lot of rainy night drives and of course highway rides.
Old 29th August 2016, 14:13   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to know.

My challenge was, I have had problems with the bulbs in my ecosport. And on the Jazz, the light did not look like the most powerful of the lot on the oncoming traffic.

City however comes with double lamps. There would obviously be a lot of rainy night drives and of course highway rides.
In oncoming traffic any headlamp will seem insufficient.
Putting on brighter headlamp would make you the guy in the oncoming traffic with the blinding lights
Old 29th August 2016, 14:18   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I have stock setup and have extensively driven on city as well as highway during night. All I can say that, they are satisfactory and flash of high beam to oncoming traffic makes them switch to low beam though not everytime.

Night driving during rains is usual affair, i.e. visibility goes down and that is same with all types of lamps and cars, so have to be careful while during through rainy nights or damp roads. Night driving on dry roads is really good and the headlight adjuster works really well based on our needs though 0 setting has far throw with little less visibility compared to 1 setting. I prefer it to be set as 1. Fog lamps help in illuminating surface near to front bumper area nicely.

Honda Jazz stock setup -
https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...046-13430.html

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for the detailed feedback Varun. That was very helpful !

Quote:
Putting on brighter headlamp would make you the guy in the oncoming traffic with the blinding lights
Haha !

Apparently that was the only way I could asses the car headlamp. And no one on the thread spoke about the headlamp as a matter of concern. Was just calculating the additional accessories I should look at adding to the car.

I never wanna be that guy of course ! I try my best to be on low beams. So I am very much concerned about its quality. !

Cheers
Old 29th August 2016, 14:25   #1814
BHPian

Quote:

I have had a chance of driving Zoomcar Ecosport once during night time. All I can say that, Jazz headlamps are better than Ecosport for sure, they(Jazz's) might look small when compared to other hatchbacks but are good and effective.
varunswnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 14:30   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much for the detailed feedback Varun. That was very helpful !

Haha !

Apparently that was the only way I could asses the car headlamp. And no one on the thread spoke about the headlamp as a matter of concern. Was just calculating the additional accessories I should look at adding to the car.

I never wanna be that guy of course ! I try my best to be on low beams. So I am very much concerned about its quality. !

Cheers
For a bit more detail:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3978046

I previously posted about this.
I've had extensive city driving experience, and I find the stock headlamps absolutely sufficient.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks