Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2016, 13:50   #1846
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Dear friends,

i have one disturbing thing that is happening in my Jazz. I get a pungent smell every time i start the AC. It appears only in the morning for some 30 seconds or so. After that the smell vanishes and the AC becomes absolutely normal.

This happens predominately only in the morning when i start the car and the does not happen in the evening when i return home.

Can some one help me with a fix for this.

I never roll down the windows and use AC all times. My car is 5000 Kms done.

One clue: This started after i did the second service. Till that time it was fine.

regards,
Vivek Subramanian
Old 15th September 2016, 14:23   #1847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
my Jazz has dual horns but it sounds like mono horn of bike ! Very weak. Can I replace it with windtone (I like Scoda type !) without damaging warranty ?
Most dealerships are willing to ignore a change in horn when dealing with warranty issues.
I did the same upgrade on our Toyota Etios, which came with very weak single horn. Picked up a Bosch horn as recommended by the accessories shop - and it's been working perfectly. Had to carry out some minor work under warranty, which was carried out fuss free.
Similar story for our Skoda Laura - changed the horn, and have had no issue post while getting work carried out under warranty.

If you're still worried - I would recommend asking the dealership themselves if they can retrofit the City / CR-V's horn for you. It won't have the Skoda paarp but it will get the job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Dear friends,

i have one disturbing thing that is happening in my Jazz. I get a pungent smell every time i start the AC. It appears only in the morning for some 30 seconds or so. After that the smell vanishes and the AC becomes absolutely normal.

This happens predominately only in the morning when i start the car and the does not happen in the evening when i return home.

Can some one help me with a fix for this.

regards,
Vivek Subramanian
Could be due to growth of bacteria.
You could ask the dealer to treat it when it goes for inspection, or one home remedy for the same is to turn the AC to max hot temp and leave it on for a few minutes.
You probably don't notice it in the evenings because the car may be parked under the sun and the heat would keep the growth in check (?)

Here's a relevant thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-fan-hvac.html
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 20:18   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Hello Abhay,

You are most welcome. I did no bother about horns as i do not honk unless it is very very critical.I too felt that the horn was a little bit weak compared to my earlier car. May be any horn change without adding extra relays and circuits might not void the warranty.

Comments from other Honda car owners are welcome.
Did my 3rd free service last week with Brigade Honda and had asked them about horn replacement, as it was too meek. They flatly refused and said it would violate warranty.

Checked with an accessory shop locally, they said all they need to change the horn was by just skinning the wire and provide a connector to the dual wiring required for Skoda like horn. When I asked him to show me a demo, I felt it was like the Indian jugaad of joining two wires and band it with a tape. Asked the accessory guy to go ahead with the change. Total cost : 800 for the Skoda like horn and 200 for labor.

Now the car has got some character with the honk and has a better road presence.

Last edited by itzvicky201 : 17th September 2016 at 20:20.
Old 18th September 2016, 17:41   #1849
BHPian

Friends,

Shocker today

Got my new Jazz VMT petrol on 6th sep.

It was heavy rains in Pune yesterday and when I opened boot today..the boot was water logged.

It was pure coincidence that I thought of checking the spare tyre in boot. It took me five minutes to remove the water using the cloth but now I am worried about possible damage to metal body in boot.

I have contacted Honda and they have assured to look into this asap. I will be asking for through check up of all seals. Attaching photo of the horror story.

Here is pic of the water clogged boot
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20160918_161529.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 18th September 2016 at 19:45.
abhaybakshi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 19:15   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Shocker today

It was heavy rains in Pune yesterday and when I opened boot today..the boot was water logged.

It was pure coincidence that I thought of checking the spare tyre in boot. It took me five minutes to remove the water using the cloth but now I am worried about possible damage to metal body in boot.

I have contacted Honda and they have assured to look into this asap. I will be asking for through check up of all seals. Attaching photo of the horror story.
Dear abhaybakshi,

I am shocked!! My Jazz V CVT has seen violent downpours in Pune and Mumbai. However, luckily, I have not faced any such issues! I hope for your sake that the service persons find a quick solution to it. I am guessing that it must be the seal on the top of the rear door!

Best of luck,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 19:41   #1851
BHPian

Thanks Girish. Lets see. I have dropped a mail to Honda and I am sure it will be fixed. Already got a call from dealer.
Old 18th September 2016, 19:42   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Here is pic of the water clogged boot
Abhay

Why do you have those white patched on the floor. Was any work done on the car?
Old 18th September 2016, 19:46   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Abhay

No mate. Its a 2 week old car.

Hi Girish...need a favour from you mate. Can you please check boot of your Jazz and let me know if there are any white patches in spare tyre well ?
I guess it is some sort of sealent ?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 18th September 2016 at 21:01. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 19th September 2016, 10:24   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Your profile pic displays new gen Jazz, doesn't you car's spare wheel well have those patches? Mine is January 2016 make, is it that 2016 make are with those sealants. Can you please shed some light on this? Thanks.

Quote:
No mate. Its a 2 week old car.

Hi Girish...need a favour from you mate. Can you please check boot of your Jazz and let me know if there are any white patches in spare tyre well ?
I guess it is some sort of sealent ?
Those sealant are factory made, Jazz does come with them, looks real crude and cost cutting effort stuff.

I am just surprised at fact that there is no drain plug in spare tyre well. It is a task to drain out the water in such case.

Abhay, its very unfortunate that a brand new car has water logging and it really hurts the ownership experience at such early stage. Please get the hatch door rubber beadings and tail light fittings checked for any possible leaks. Hope you get it resolved.

Last edited by varunswnt : 19th September 2016 at 10:28.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 11:56   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Shocker today

Hello,

By any chance do you have an after market Parking sensor installed. I had this exact same thing happen in my 2010 Honda city and it was a result of badly fitted parking sensor. It was very easily and quickly fixed by Honda and thereafter I have had no water come in the past 6 years. Its also a coincidence that I had fitted the parking sensor from Poona Motors at MG road.
manishkapadia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 14:17   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Hello,

By any chance do you have an after market Parking sensor installed.
Spot on Manish !!!
Yes dealer gave me parking sensor as a freebie...my car is with dealer at the moment. I will call the SA and tell him to check from this angle. Thanks a lot. Thats the beauty of Team BHP !
Old 19th September 2016, 16:54   #1857
BHPian

Hi Abhay

I hope your issue is same and is fixed quickly by dealer. I think it was something related to the tail light was removed to fix the parking sensor and was not fitted properly. Water was going in through the edges and into the trunk, and yes I also came to know about it when I accessed the area where spare tyre was kept.
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 18:25   #1858
BHPian

I have a question for Jazz CVT owners. I'm in the market for a new petrol hatchback and I have a daily running of 50 kms(around 800-1000 kms a month) so a good fuel economy is required. How is the CVT version overall, in terms of Performance and fuel economy? Does the car really feel underpowered below 2,500 rpm and how good is it to drive around in the city? Also, what's the fuel economy that I can expect with 60-70% of city usage? And does a monthly running of 800-1000 kms justify a diesel or not.
Old 21st September 2016, 10:54   #1859
BHPian

Just to update..the water in boot issue is resolved by dealer. They told me it was door beading which had gap.
abhaybakshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 11:48   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
I have a question for Jazz CVT owners. I'm in the market for a new petrol hatchback and I have a daily running of 50 kms(around 800-1000 kms a month) so a good fuel economy is required. How is the CVT version overall, in terms of Performance and fuel economy? Does the car really feel underpowered below 2,500 rpm and how good is it to drive around in the city? Also, what's the fuel economy that I can expect with 60-70% of city usage? And does a monthly running of 800-1000 kms justify a diesel or not.
My views below are based on driving a Honda City CVT:

- Monthly running of 1000 km does not justify a diesel. Go for a petrol car.

- Expect mileage of 11-13km/l if you drive with a light foot within Mumbai.

- Do not expect a superb performance (i.e. high magnitude of acceleration from stop position) from the CVT. Automatic is absolutely convenient for driving in a city like Mumbai. It by no means is under powered and will suffice all your requirements.

I would advice taking a test drive of the CVT version and then taking a call. Best of luck!
Saanil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed